Sign in to follow this  
TomOwen

TomOwen's Risers Thread

Re: TomOwen's Risers Thread

Agreed' date=' lazy people / bad scouts will thank Tom tho.

I'm gonna wait till his list is all here, so I can add some players he might have forgotten to mention. :)[/quote']

I am not lazy :mad: :1 just don't have the experience, and don't know where to start. I only follow portuguese league, and watch Juventus and Arsenal game. so it is difficult for me to know which players are getting minutes, and which will raise.

I manage teams from 5 division, so it is always helpful to know which low rated player will rise, so you can cash on them later, and make the money a 5 div team dream to have :P . :(

I am not lazy :mad: :1 just don't have the experience' date=' and don't know where to start. I only follow portuguese league, and watch Juventus and Arsenal game. so it is difficult for me to know which players are getting minutes, and which will raise.

I manage teams from 5 division, so it is always helpful to know which low rated player who will rise, so you can cash on them later, and make the money and 5 div team dream to have :P . :([/quote']

Then http://int.soccerway.com/ is your friend.

Start there,click premier league and search for risers(what players are scoring,what players are playing a lot etc).

Good luck !

I am not lazy :mad: :1 just don't have the experience' date=' and don't know where to start. I only follow portuguese league, and watch Juventus and Arsenal game. so it is difficult for me to know which players are getting minutes, and which will raise.

I manage teams from 5 division, so it is always helpful to know which low rated player who will rise, so you can cash on them later, and make the money and 5 div team dream to have :P . :([/quote']

Not your fault mate :) I genuinely meant it when I said "Best of Luck All". It's Just that I've enjoyed having an easier time myself patiently waiting & affording to buy risers rather than them disappearing after someone posts them on the forum. Believe me years ago there were many, many riser threads all with great info & it was frantically difficult to beat other "readers" to them let alone afford them as others inflated the buying price. So never mind... I have almost never publicised my "finds" so I could be said to be the selfish one I guess :o

Then http://int.soccerway.com/ is your friend.

Start there' date='click premier league and search for risers(what players are scoring,what players are playing a lot etc).

Good luck ![/quote']

Not your fault mate :) I genuinely meant it when I said "Best of Luck All". It's Just that I've enjoyed having an easier time myself patiently waiting & affording to buy risers rather than them disappearing after someone posts them on the forum. Believe me years ago there were many' date=' many riser threads all with great info & it was frantically difficult to beat other "readers" to them let alone afford them as others inflated the buying price. So never mind... I have almost never publicised my "finds" so I could be said to be the selfish one I guess :o[/quote']

thanks a lot mate. I use whoscored.com to track players who are getting a lot of minutes, and have low rating in the game. The problem is that i cant predict their potential rating increase, or when they will raise. I've been playing the game for a 1, and just joined the forum recently. But as soon as i gain enough experience, i will do my own scouting :P I will make a list myself, and try to predict their next rating, and see how it goes. Hope it will help me with my prediction the next time, if i don't get it right.

:P:p was just saying I am not lazy. I am currently using this thread to gain experience, and learn with the best xD :P

I manage teams from 5 division, so it is always helpful to know which low rated player will rise, so you can cash on them later, and make the money a 5 div team dream to have :P . :([/quote']

I didn'y mean to hurt your feelings, mate. :D

Use transfermarkt!

When I'm doing some serious scouting, I usually do it by leagues.

Imo soccreway's layout is more pleasant and better organised than transfermarkt's.

However, I find transfermarkt more detailed.

So what I do is: I go online and open 3 different tabs. In one I have some GW I'm in, in order to check player ratings, positions and last review (if needed).

In another tab, I'm using the soccerway website, where I go from the leader to the last placed team of the leagues I wanna scout.

The squads' layout there is very handy (a single page, with a squad's players, number of matches and goals - on top you have GKs, then DEFs, MIDs and FWDs.

Now, I can't find assists on soccerway.

I find the player detalis section on transfermarkt much more precise.

So if I see a player who catches my eye on soccerway, I immediately check out his game time, assists, goals, etc (I can even see in which matches he featured and how many minutes, etc, he got in that particular game), on transfermarkt.

Hope this helps! ;)

I didn'y mean to hurt your feelings' date=' mate. :D

Use transfermarkt!

Imo soccreway's layout is more pleasant and better organised than transfermarkt's.

So what I do is: I go online and open 3 different tabs. In one I have some GW I'm in, in order to check player ratings, positions and last review (if needed).

In another tab, I'm using the soccerway website, where I go from the leader to the last placed team of the leagues I wanna scout.

The squads' layout there is very handy (a single page, with a squad's players, number of matches and goals - on top you have GKs, then DEFs, MIDs and FWDs.

So if I see a player who catches my eye on soccerway, I immediately check out his game time, assists, goals, etc (I can even see in which matches he featured and how many minutes, etc, he got in that particular game), on transfermarkt.

Hope this helps! ;)[/quote']

I did help matey. Now I have whoscored, transfermarket, and soccerway on my disposal. thanks a lot for the suggestion, mate. Now I am going to start digging for a cheap CB(380k):D:D, using these sites. Hope I find a player who has played a lot of minutes, and is cheap on sm. will start with Portuguese league. again, thanks a lot :)

p.s. and yup, you did hurt my feeling haha :P:p but you made up for the crime you did lol :P so we cool now :P

I didn'y mean to hurt your feelings' date=' mate. :D

Use transfermarkt!

Hope this helps! ;)[/quote']

I agree that Soccerway and transfermarkt are the best 2 websites IMO to view statistics, etc. to show the value and potential of a player.

As for Whoscored, I used to use it, some of the statistics there are actually very interesting like how it describes avg. dribbles and that, but the ratings on there are very sketchy and I've seen many circumstances where they've been off the mark.

But the only thing unique to Whoscored are the smaller statistics that are not incorporated into a player's rating much really.

I did help matey. Now I have whoscored' date=' transfermarket, and soccerway on my disposal. thanks a lot for the suggestion, mate. Now I am going to start digging for a cheap CB(380k):D:D, using these sites. Hope I find a player who has played a lot of minutes, and is cheap on sm. will start with Portuguese league. again, thanks a lot :)

p.s. and yup, you did hurt my feeling haha :P:p but you made up for the crime you did lol :P so we cool now :P[/quote']

You're most welcome! :D

I agree that Soccerway and transfermarkt are the best 2 websites IMO to view statistics' date=' etc. to show the value and potential of a player.

As for Whoscored, I used to use it, some of the statistics there are actually very interesting like how it describes avg. dribbles and that, but the ratings on there are very sketchy and I've seen many circumstances where they've been off the mark.

But the only thing unique to Whoscored are the smaller statistics that are not incorporated into a player's rating much really.[/quote']

Nice imput, Allan! :)

Agreed' date=' lazy people / bad scouts will thank Tom tho.

I'm gonna wait till his list is all here, so I can add some players he might have forgotten to mention. :)[/quote']

Yet it was only a matter of months ago you stated you do not have time to scout for players due to work commitments. So what has changed?

Before you changed your setting so people can not see when you are online you were always in the risers/players ratings threads and then bidding on the risers in those threads. How do I know this? Well since you are in many of my set ups it was an easy conclusion to deduce so stop being such a fraud Mr Oliveira. :P

Yet it was only a matter of months ago you stated you do not have time to scout for players due to work commitments. So what has changed?

Before you changed your setting so people can not see when you are online you were always in the risers/players ratings threads and then bidding on the risers in those threads. How do I know this? Well since you are in many of my set ups it was an easy conclusion to deduce so stop being such a fraud Mr Oliveira. :P

But I always made a little time for scouting (when needed).

Well you sir decided to create a new setup, which forced me to scout. :D

It's weekend, so I got some spare time. :)

Besides, at least 80% of the good risers, that are mentioned in the forum, I already have on my list.

Not to mention that I was the 1st one to talk about risers such as Tzandaris, Toni Silva, Matheus, Danilo, Damien da Silva, G. Milán (mainly before he rose, now Metz is last in Ligue 1), Y. Cabral, João Afonso, Palmeira, André Pinto, Luca Zuffi, Gashi, Refaelov, Tobias Figueiredo, etc.

I use transfermarkt and soccerway to scout and I just won't mention more risers coz:

1) I don't like people taking advantage of my hard work;

2) Nvm 1, I'm waiting for Tom's list to be finished, so I can add some more. :o:p

But I always made a little time for scouting (when needed).

Well you sir decided to create a new setup' date=' which forced me to scout. :D

It's weekend, so I got some spare time. :)

Besides, at least 80% of the good risers, that are mentioned in the forum, I already have on my list.

Not to mention that I was the 1st one to talk about risers such as Tzandaris, Toni Silva, Matheus, Danilo, Damien da Silva, G. Milán (mainly before he rose, now Metz is last in Ligue 1), Y. Cabral, João Afonso, Palmeira, André Pinto, Luca Zuffi, Gashi, Refaelov, Tobias Figueiredo, etc.

I use transfermarkt and soccerway to scout and I just won't mention more risers coz:

1) I don't like people taking advantage of my hard work;

2) Nvm 1, I'm waiting for Tom's list to be finished, so I can add some more. :o:p[/quote']

I am relatively new to this forum compared to you and most others who are doing commendable work here but tbh your earlier post does come across , well, a bit haughty ( sorry english isnt my first language) ?

Also, I genuinely dont understand how is Predicting risers equivalent to Scouting ? Predicting risers is the easiest thing and you dont even have to know anything about football.. If a player is getting lots of minutes in a team which has avg rating of much higher than his rating then he rises and thats really is it. I only joined sm few months back and I already knew almost all of the risers from Tom's christmas/new year thread already esp from major leagues. But this obviously takes lots of time checking / keeping tabs on every players minutes and thats why some people would truly appreciate such threads, but if there werent such threads people can do them themselves easily Imo , or atleast I can with ease.

But the whole point is this isnt 'scouting' , this Is basically about how much time you can spend tbh so I dont understand people saying stuff like 'I do my own risers' or whatever . There are actually loads of people on here who do proper scouring , put in great work and give player reports of new players on the block which is what scouting actually is .. like for example you can see some guys report on John stones from couple of years back when he broke out and its basically spot on when u see Stones now.

And just to be clear I am not directing this towards you pedro at all, sorry if it comes across that way and everyone knows you are a great contributor to the forum. Its just that all around the forum people calling predicting risers as scouting which is simply nonsense, predicting risers is mostly digging If I am being honest. Having said that I really really appreciate Toms work or others work for example the criminally underrated thread as theres some quality stuff in there, even though I dont get too much time to contribute myself .

Also Imo this forum is about sharing knowledge isnt it ? You cant take credit for posting risers but then blame people for taking advantage of your work, If you post them here its supposed to be to help people out and I am pretty sure almost everyone appreciates your work here but in the end its your choice to post them or not and you cant have it both ways :) .

Anyway, Toms work is great imo so is some of other peoples work who manage to pluck out some crazy cheap risers from across the europe especially smaller leagues. Just that isnt scouting imo in any way shape or form and shudnt be called that . Just my opinion :)

I am relatively new to this forum compared to you and most others who are doing commendable work here but tbh your earlier post does come across ' date=' well, a bit haughty ( sorry english isnt my first language) ?

Also, I genuinely dont understand how is Predicting risers equivalent to Scouting ? Predicting risers is the easiest thing and you dont even have to know anything about football.. If a player is getting lots of minutes in a team which has avg rating of much higher than his rating then he rises and thats really is it. I only joined sm few months back and I already knew almost all of the risers from Tom's christmas/new year thread already esp from major leagues. But this obviously takes lots of time checking / keeping tabs on every players minutes and thats why some people would truly appreciate such threads, but if there werent such threads people can do them themselves easily Imo , or atleast I can with ease.

But the whole point is this isnt 'scouting' , this Is basically about how much time you can spend tbh so I dont understand people saying stuff like 'I do my own risers' or whatever . There are actually loads of people on here who do proper scouring , put in great work and give player reports of new players on the block which is what scouting actually is .. like for example you can see some guys report on John stones from couple of years back when he broke out and its basically spot on when u see Stones now.

And just to be clear I am not directing this towards you pedro at all, sorry if it comes across that way and everyone knows you are a great contributor to the forum. Its just that all around the forum people calling predicting risers as scouting which is simply nonsense, predicting risers is mostly digging If I am being honest. Having said that I really really appreciate Toms work or others work for example the criminally underrated thread as theres some quality stuff in there, even though I dont get too much time to contribute myself .

Also Imo this forum is about sharing knowledge isnt it ? You cant take credit for posting risers but then blame people for taking advantage of your work, If you post them here its supposed to be to help people out and I am pretty sure almost everyone appreciates your work here but in the end its your choice to post them or not and you cant have it both ways :) .

Anyway, Toms work is great imo so is some of other peoples work who manage to pluck out some crazy cheap risers from across the europe especially smaller leagues. Just that isnt scouting imo in any way shape or form and shudnt be called that . Just my opinion :)[/quote']

They are 'scouting for risers' NOT 'scouting for emerging talents' like you are alluding to, quite a big difference.

They are 'scouting for risers' NOT 'scouting for emerging talents' like you are alluding to' date=' quite a big difference.[/font']

Yeah fair enough , I always though scouting in football terms refers to scouting for emerging talents tbh and that scouting is much more difficult that scouting for risers. Having said that I absolutely appreciate time and effort put in by Tom and others, and its extremely useful and thats why I am on this thread too :)

Jesus Christ, the guy has practically all of them! :eek:

I thought Tom would miss goalies like Divis, Nihat Sahin, Assis, Haugaard or Julián.

Off the top of my head, there's only a few missing:

Mfa Mezui (Metz): 80 -> 82

Sergio Rico (Sevilla): 77 -> 82/83

Malarz (Legia): 80 -> 83

Jesus Christ' date=' the guy has practically all of them! :eek:

I thought Tom would miss goalies like Divis, Nihat Sahin, Assis, Haugaard or Julián.

Off the top of my head, there's only a few missing:

Mfa Mezui (Metz): 80 -> 82

Sergio Rico (Sevilla): 77 -> 82/83

Malarz (Legia): 80 -> 83[/quote']

Thanks for this Pedro :)

Don't know how in the world I missed Sergio Rico :o Just going through everything too quickly. And yes, I'll add all three of them whenever I get some time to re-edit things.

Thanks for this Pedro :)

Don't know how in the world I missed Sergio Rico :o Just going through everything too quickly. And yes' date=' I'll add all three of them whenever I get some time to re-edit things.[/quote']

You're welcome!

It's a miracle you missed such a few number of goalies.

I feel I should scout for some others you might have missed, but I bet there ain't too many of them.