Sign in to follow this  
TomOwen

TomOwen's Risers Thread

Re: TomOwen's Risers Thread

Jesus Christ' date=' the guy has practically all of them! :eek:

I thought Tom would miss goalies like Divis, Nihat Sahin, Assis, Haugaard or Julián.

Off the top of my head, there's only a few missing:

Mfa Mezui (Metz): 80 -> 82

Sergio Rico (Sevilla): 77 -> 82/83

Malarz (Legia): 80 -> 83[/quote']

Pedro, just checking, why do you have Malarz to rise by so much? This is the 34 year old goalkeeper playing for Legia Warszawa right? By SoccerWay, he's only got 5 starts for Legia and 19 for Belchatow, where he was pretty highly rated? I think 83 is a bit generous no?

Also, Sergio Rico is 82 now :o So I'm thinking a rise to 83, maybe 84 by the end of the season, assuming he keeps his spot.

I have added Mfa Mezui btw. Thank you for that!

Update 27th March

I'll have to disagree on these:

Jason Denayer - D© - Celtic - 19 - 80 - 82

Denayer will get at least 84/85, playing regularly for Celtic in Premiership, EL and and cups, has 2800+ minutes in all competitions this season, earning him a Belgium NT call recently.

Hector Bellerin - D,DM,M® - Arsenal - 19 - 82 - 84

Not far off, but i think he can reach 85/86, he's getting somewhat regular game time in a Top 4 PL team, with Debuchy still out and Arsenal in the FA cup, he can still amount lots of minutes until the end of the season.

Riechedly Bazoer - D,DM,M© - Ajax - 18 - 80 - 82

Again not far off, but he seems to have gained a midfield spot in the first XI in Ajax, with still more than a hand full of games to go i think he'll reach 83 at least.

Those are my opinions.

I'll have to disagree on these:

Jason Denayer - D© - Celtic - 19 - 80 - 82

Denayer will get at least 84/85' date=' playing regularly for Celtic in Premiership, EL and and cups, has 2800+ minutes in all competitions this season, earning him a Belgium NT call recently.

Hector Bellerin - D,DM,M® - Arsenal - 19 - 82 - 84

Not far off, but i think he can reach 85/86, he's getting somewhat regular game time in a Top 4 PL team, with Debuchy still out and Arsenal in the FA cup, he can still amount lots of minutes until the end of the season.

Riechedly Bazoer - D,DM,M© - Ajax - 18 - 80 - 82

Again not far off, but he seems to have gained a midfield spot in the first XI in Ajax, with still more than a hand full of games to go i think he'll reach 83 at least.

Those are my opinions.[/quote']

Thanks for your contributions. As you know, some of these predictions were done a long time ago, as in the case with Denayer especially. And these were predictions for the time of the research, so it may not perfectly represent their future ratings done in May.

Any comment on the other 300 or so players posted?

Thanks for your contributions. As you know' date=' some of these predictions were done a long time ago, as in the case with Denayer especially. And these were predictions for the time of the research, so it may not perfectly represent their future ratings done in May.

Any comment on the other 300 or so players posted?[/quote']

I don't think so, that about it for now, i only comment on the ones i know and follow, can't comment on the ones i don't, which are a lot of them.

Anyway, very extensive work you're doing here, i'll give you that.

I don't think so' date=' that about it for now, i only comment on the ones i know and follow, can't comment on the ones i don't, which are a lot of them.

Anyway, very extensive work you're doing here, i'll give you that.[/quote']

Just to be clear, would you or would you not have done this if I didn't say that you complained too much?

Also, appreciate the compliment, however backhanded it may have been.

Just to be clear' date=' would you or would you not have done this if I didn't say that you complained too much?

Also, appreciate the compliment, however backhanded it may have been.[/quote']

Its has nothing to do with that, i really don't know many of the players you got there, therefor i can't comment on their rises. From the quick look i gave, the ones i comment did caught my attention, the ones i didn't, either it seemed correct or i simply have no idea.

But now that you mentioned, I think Eric Bailly will rise a little bit more, he has become a Ivory Coast and Villarreal starter since his last review, with ten games to go, a 83/84 is in order depending on Villarreal final stand.

It's not backhanded, its a genuine compliment, although i don't find it useful for me personally i'm aware it will be for many players. And its a great job that i wouldn't have either the time and patient to do.

Since your GKs are all here' date=' Tom, I have a suggestion:

Neto (Fiorentina): 88 -> 89.

Terrific job! :D[/quote']

I was debating that actually, and I opted to keep him at 88, mainly because of his mid-season injury. It was a massive 50/50 for me, but I can see where you're coming from.

He'll probably get it by the end of the season I agree.

I was debating that actually' date=' and I opted to keep him at 88, mainly because of his mid-season injury. It was a massive 50/50 for me, but I can see where you're coming from.

He'll probably get it by the end of the season I agree.[/quote']

I agree, he probably deserves to rise, but it ain't a certainty.

I was going through my short list and found Angelo Fulgini. So I came here to see by how many points he may rise, just to see he wasn't mentioned in here. I honestly don't know how he ended up in my shortlist. :D Not sure where I saw his name, and why I added him on my shortlist lol :P:p

but anyway, do you have any idea by how much he may rise? I looked him up, and he seems to be a great talent. Many big clubs after him.

Hey Tom' date=' I remembered another one:

Lodygin - 88 -> 89

Probably at the end of the season.[/quote']

Added!

I was going through my short list and found Angelo Fulgini. So I came here to see by how many points he may rise' date=' just to see he wasn't mentioned in here. I honestly don't know how he ended up in my shortlist. :D Not sure where I saw his name, and why I added him on my shortlist lol :P:p

but anyway, do you have any idea by how much he may rise? I looked him up, and he seems to be a great talent. Many big clubs after him.[/quote']

He's on my midfielder list actually. I think he'll rise by 3 to 78, would be a reasonable rise considering he's started 10 games so far this season.

Updated 9th April

Defenders Completed

Matt Hedges - D© - FC Dallas - 24 - 80 - 82

Matt Hedges has risen to 82 so you can add him to the completed risers.

Also' date=' when do you think you'll have the forwards and midfielders up?[/quote']

Thanks, updated!

Just discovered this over the forum but fantastic job never the less!

One suggestion, maybe a rise for Joshua Brenet from 83 to 85 since he is now an established regular at RB for PSV who are on verge of the title (amazing goal today mind)? Cheers in advance!