Involve 'non-league teams' in cup(s)

Although I feel the world championship format overall is excellent, I feel the fact that the format of the 2 cups is identical is a little disappointing. I had an idea to involve 'non-league' teams i.e teams not in the set-up in at least one of the cups.

For example if we incorporated teams into the world shield which are not manageable (argentinos juniors, charlton, Grampus eight and any number of other teams) in the early rounds, it may make the cup more interesting. We could add an extra round or at least take away the advantage gained by teams receiving byes in the early rounds (extra game - decresed fitness - increased injuries scenario). Could see fairytale stories of these unmanaged teams becoming giantkillers and progressing quite far in the competition.

The teams could be a pre-selected few or a randomly generated selection incorporated into the first round draw with all the set-up teams. Nothing is better in football than a good giant-killing story. Just a thought

Re: Involve 'non-league teams' in cup(s)

The teams could be a pre-selected few or a randomly generated selection incorporated into the first round draw with all the set-up teams. Nothing is better in football than a good giant-killing story. Just a thought

I would rather see a giant killing story generated by an actual manager using what resources he has available to him against big clubs ,can not see how a computer picked unmanagable generated team can be classed as giant killing,your not beating another manager which i take more satisfaction from.:)

I like this. gets my nod.

however i do not want to see external teams winning the cups:p

Well it dosnt get my nod ,any team that enters any cup in real life has a chance to win it ,yes little ones do not but the chance is there .

Here your talking about putting external clubs in ,letting them win a few games and then having got so far and they have to lose .

I would not want to be a manager of any club playing against these knowing something is pr-set in engine to get the fixed giant killing result ,There are Big/Small clubs in all set ups so you will get these anyway without match fixing .:rolleyes:

I don't even enter wc anymore find them to be boring I've just kept the teams I've had from more or less the start. The cups do need some type of upgrade but I don't think thats the way to go unless the external teams actually play different formations, tactics ect which i have only ever seen once.