Sign in to follow this  
Elohim

||Deal With It||

Re: ||Deal With It|| - Coming this May!

Everything looks great, Fluffy!

I see where Paul (smut) is coming from, he just spoke out of concern for the setup's success.

I think we have a great group of managers here.

I personally don't mind not having players for all the positions.

The last time (and one of the very few) I had to use a player out of position, I played an AM© at CF: he scored 2 goals and won me the game. :eek:

It was in a Spanish forum setup and not against the CPU btw. :D

It's a fun and different challenge imo.

You can try to be clever with tactics, but it may not work.

I believe, with the group of commited people we have here, these 1st 2 seasons are gonna be particularly crazy and fun. :P

i'll go along with whatever is decided but i think you should have season 3 rules in place by the end of season 1 , season 4 by the end of season 2 etc.

So that we know what the long terms plans are as it makes a difference to who we buy.

Fluffy's Version

16 teams

2 divisions of 8

16 games each season

Starting budget of 180-220 million

SMFA off

No Buying from unmanaged

30 days login

Stadiums between 18K-22K

Prizes for the divisional winners

4 teams promoted' date=' 4 teams relegated

Special DWI rules

A starting squad cap of 24 in season 3, with a rating cap of 87 and only 3 players allowed at that rating. The rest needs to be below 83-84.

Cash only for season 3 and 4.

Teams can only use their starting budget until the start of season 6.

The prize players for the Division 1 winners can not be higher than 91 and the prize players for division 2 winners can not be higher than 89.[/center']

There we go, a rough first draft of the gameworld... let me know what you think.

So do you mean that in this draft only the rules in this quote will apply, and the first part of your post are just ideas to juggle around, or do you want to include all those things you've mentioned?

I think the rules are a bit complicated for a 'deal with it' setup. For example, personally I think the budget rule is gonna be a b*tch to keep track of all the way until season 6. If you just make it cash only and keep a squad cap, what can go wrong?

I also don't think we need massive budgets when we can only buy a few players ourselves and the rating cap is the way it is now. It would probably even be more fun to have small budgets, so you have to really deal with what you got.

The way I read the concept the first time was basically you don't get to buy your own squad, you just have to make it work with whatever players your CM brings in. If I understood well :P I think that should be the core of the GW, with some small additional rules like you'll be able to buy 3 players (under a certain rating or age if you want) after the CM brings in the first 21 and winners of the leagues get a prize player each season.

I also agree with Smut that you shouldn't wait until season 4 or so with implementing more rules, but mainly bc I think you should drop a lot of those extra rules :D

- No buying players for 2 seasons.

- Cash only for all time, no point over complicating things with p/ex.

- Not sure about stadium size restrictions tbh.

- £100m starting budget, still think this is way more than enough considering we can't spend anything ourselves for 2 seasons.

- Prizes for season 1 & 2 champs is fine but not sure how it would work with rating caps in place - you can only change GW rules once a season so can't change it after prize players are purchased, or you are setting the rating cap at 87 but trusting the other managers not to buy over 85 or whatever the general cap may be, with the managers you have picked that should obviously be fine, but that has been said in many many GW's...

- Squad cap of 25 from season 3. (Having to deal with how many the chairman signs for seasons 1&2).

- Rating cap of 85 seasons 3-5, 87 seasons 6-8 & so on.

No buying players for 2 season and just deal with what we have is the main reason I joined this setup. So I'm pretty much against any idea that suggest we should add extra players on top of the chairman signing.

i'll go along with whatever is decided but i think you should have season 3 rules in place by the end of season 1 ' date=' season 4 by the end of season 2 etc.

So that we know what the long terms plans are as it makes a difference to who we buy.[/quote']

I agree with this and hope that this will ensure that managers stay around so they can plan on deals for Season 3 and then Season 4. Good thinking Smut ;)

No buying players for 2 season and just deal with what we have is the main reason I joined this setup. So I'm pretty much against any idea that suggest we should add extra players on top of the chairman signing.

Yep' date=' I'll be looking forward to seeing what 21 I have to work with :).

my eyes hurt... too much in here my brain can't cope.

It is a bit eye-painful isn't haha.

Rules like two youths in every game, 3 spanish defenders throughout the season and 79 or less rated left backs are not easy to follow. Its quite high maintenance and could easily be broken.

A starting squad cap of 24 in season 3, with a rating cap of 87 and only 3 players allowed at that rating. The rest needs to be below 83-84.

So its a rating cap of 83-84 with 3 extra players @ 87 right? :P

16 games each season

14 games if there's 8 teams per div.

I'm thinking that these 4 teams will be able to put a player under dibs.. and the player in question can be up to a certain rating (that is above the rating of the season 3 cap)

The dibs process would be as follows..

Winner of Division 1 Season 1 picks first

Winner of Division 1 Season 2 picks second

Winner of Division 2 Season 1 picks third

Winner of Division 2 Season 2 picks fourth and last.

A same team can win 2 players in this process which is not a problem. I'm just saying ... :P:)

Overall its good as long as the rules arent too complicated to follow.

As for the rules etc. That I posted in my version (which isn't the finalised version) I thought that IF we had these various rules (maybe not everyone at the same time) it'd be something that was votes upon by the managers in the gameworld.. And whatever the outcome we'd have to Deal With It!

If you'd rather have it another way, I'm all for that too. This gameworld is by the managers, for the managers!

As for the rules etc. That I posted in my version (which isn't the finalised version) I thought that IF we had these various rules (maybe not everyone at the same time) it'd be something that was votes upon by the managers in the gameworld.. And whatever the outcome we'd have to Deal With It!

If you'd rather have it another way' date=' I'm all for that too. This gameworld is by the managers, for the managers![/quote']

yeah sounds good ;)