"Daniel Levy's Worst Nightmare"

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bear with me Safir; I first want to check whether everyone is okay with the teams (and terms). In the mean time, I had a look at some of the filter options on Transfermarkt, which includes filtering

Re: "Daniel Levy's Worst Nightmare"

Re: "Daniel Levy's Worst Nightmare" But okay Ben; if you're not keen on putting your name down due to the canniness of it, I perfectly understand.

I was hoping that the new season would bring new faces in and old faces back. If anything' date=' this place is quieter than before the season started...

I'll still keep an eye out for people interested, and will be sending PM's from time to time, but for now, we can't proceed...[/quote']

This is a shame. Can we decrease the number of clubs or something?

(1): Sir Rahul

(2): Huddo

(3): Nikidinho

(4): Closer

(5): Gozzy

(6): Safir

(7): Keith Fitz

(8): Keystone

(9): Raahizer

(10): The Scout

(11): adisbegic10

(12): loredan

(13):

(14):

(15):

(16): AniAniAni

Three more...

The only reason why I'd want at least 16 is to have the two-division system, which keeps matters more interesting...

(1): Sir Rahul

(2): Huddo

(3): Nikidinho

(4): Closer

(5): Gozzy

(6): Safir

(7): Keith Fitz

(8): Keystone

(9): Raahizer

(10): The Scout

(11): adisbegic10

(12): loredan

(13):

(14):

(15):

(16): AniAniAni

Three more...

The only reason why I'd want at least 16 is to have the two-division system' date=' which keeps matters more interesting...[/quote']

Interested aswell Ani ;)

Empty squads would be impossible to manage in more than one way. For one, the TB is too long, ergo will only hinder the activity as you say. Secondly, I doubt 300M will cover a full draft, plus keep over enough for the seasons coming, even with high incomes for big stadiums and all that. As a result, it will be pre-filled squads, but before launching the GW, the transfer arrangements will be made, to avoid the season starting before all teams are ready.

The teams I suggested a while earlier were basically the sixteen teams in the last sixteen of this year's CL, being the following (plus four extra): Barcelona (1); Juventus (2); Real Madrid (3); Bayern Munich (4); Monaco (5); Atletico Madrid (6); Paris Saint Germain (7); Porto (8); Arsenal (9); Borussia Dortmund (10); Schalke 04 (11); Chelsea (12); Manchester City (13); Basel (14); Leverkusen (15); Shakthar Donetsk (16); Sevilla (17); Liverpool (18); Valencia (19); Manchester United (20).

However, this is subject to change if there is too much inequality. Plus, four of these teams need to be dropped.

Empty squads would be impossible to manage in more than one way. For one' date=' the TB is too long, ergo will only hinder the activity as you say. Secondly, I doubt 300M will cover a full draft, plus keep over enough for the seasons coming, even with high incomes for big stadiums and all that. As a result, it will be pre-filled squads, but before launching the GW, the transfer arrangements will be made, to avoid the season starting before all teams are ready.

The teams I suggested a while earlier were basically the sixteen teams in the last sixteen of this year's CL, being the following (plus four extra): Barcelona (1); Juventus (2); Real Madrid (3); Bayern Munich (4); Monaco (5); Atletico Madrid (6); Paris Saint Germain (7); Porto (8); Arsenal (9); Borussia Dortmund (10); Schalke 04 (11); Chelsea (12); Manchester City (13); Basel (14); Leverkusen (15); Shakthar Donetsk (16); Sevilla (17); Liverpool (18); Valencia (19); Manchester United (20).

However, this is subject to change if there is too much inequality. Plus, four of these teams need to be dropped.

Cool,we will do a draw? I would get rid of Basel,Shaktar,Monaco,Liverpool(too may english clubs),thats just a suggestion :)

Bear with me Safir; I first want to check whether everyone is okay with the teams (and terms).

In the mean time, I had a look at some of the filter options on Transfermarkt, which includes filtering teams according to average value, total value and squad size. Of those, I found the 'average value' one to be the most interesting. Here are some of the figures TM gives:

(1) Southampton - 27 players - 6.75M average

(2) Leverkusen - 28 players - 6.7M average

(3) Schalke 04 - 29 players - 6.64M average

(4) AC Milan - 30 players - 6.61M average

(5) FC Porto - 29 players - 6.23M average

(6) OL Lyonnais - 27 players - 6.1M average

(7) SS Lazio - 31 players - 5.79M average

(8) West Ham United - 25 players - 5.72M average

---------------------------------------------------------------------

(9) Fenerbahce SK - 30 players - 5.67M average

(10) Mönchengladbach - 26 players - 5.55M average

(11) Sporting CP - 32 players - 5.51M average

(12) Newcastle United - 29 players - 5.47M average

(13) Shakhtar Donetsk - 27 players - 5.2M average

(14) SL Benfica - 33 players - 5.07M average

(15) Dynamo Kiev - 27 players - 5.02M average

(16) Swansea City - 28 players - 4.82M average

Now this makes matters a bit more 'tight', as the average values do not defer in the same way that e.g. Real Madrid's average is millions above Manchester United's average, despite both teams supposedly being "world class" (arguable for the latter, I must admit). If everyone is okay with these sixteen teams, I will make the divisional structure in the way mentioned above, meaning that the first eight teams start in Div1 and vice versa.

Seeing as I have a bit of time on my hands in the next couple of days, I can immediately start allocating teams as of tomorrow. I was initially thinking of randomly allocating the draw, using the numeration given above, both for the teams as for the managers. Once the teams are allocated, it is important to respect the rating cap and sell off anyone who is 90 or above as soon as possible (so basically transfer list them the moment you start managing your club). Some clubs will have more 90+ players in their team, and e.g. in the example of Schalke and Draxler; if the manager wants to keep him, I will accept the manager's choice in return for his draft spot for that particular rating, meaning that he cannot draft a 90-rated player for that season.

As squads will be pre-filled, I had to shuffle the system a bit and find a healthier alternative. Quite a few pointed out that "one big pre-season draft" would be a good idea, but only on the condition that it doesn't restrict transfer activity over the course of the season, which is very true. However, with pre-filled squads comes the advantage of having players already to one's disposal, meaning that the first season budget need not be 200M, but far less, which also allows funds to be kept aside for mid-season business. So here's the conclusion [subject to change; let me know what you think is good, or what you think might need some (serious) tweaking]:

a) An increased squad cap: 30. Why? Because 23 will restrict transfer activity bar the pre-season draft, which is avoidable by simply raising the cap. However, this also means that surpassing the cap at any time will bear very strict punishments (bar for the teams that already start with 30+ players - they are pardoned), as 30 players really is a "luxury" of some sorts, although I imagine few will make full use of that.

B) The rating cap stays the same - all players 90 and above are initially cleared out, and if SM decides to have things its way by refusing to trigger external offers immediately, these players may remain at the club (as long as no external has bid), as long as they're not used in any game. However, as explained using Draxler as an example, it is possible to keep one (or more) of these players, losing a draft pick in exchange (choose wisely).

c) "The draft": now, three marquee players will be drafted to every team before the season starts, with respective ratings 90, 91 and 92. Preferably, I'd like to organise this before launching the GW, as then everyone will know exactly who to bid on, hence securing them well ahead of the first competitive game of the season. The total budget for the draft is 40M, which I chose using Paul Pogba as a reference. Pogba would cost you 26M (CV, which is the amount bid in any draft), leaving 14M for two more targets. That isn't a lot by any means, but I'd like to indicate that it does emphasise the fact that funds must be spent wisely. Signing Pogba and having 14M left for two other targets is precarious, especially if other managers sign three "more well rounded" marquee players using the same budget.

d) "The vault": now, to add to the 40M kept aside for the draft, there is an extra 40M (season 1 only) available for use during the actual season. In the seasons after, this will all be incorporated into one total budget, which is then spent on turn-based events. However, to add an extra buzz for the inaugural season, and stabilise things in terms of rules and regulations, there is "free" extra money to spend, also known as the "vault cash". How this is spent is entirely up to you, as long as no players above the rating of 89 are signed with it. It is important to maintain the team structure of three marquees, being the only players bought over the rating of 89.

e) Squad division: with the increase of the cap from 23 to 30, comes the increase of the minimum amount of youth players from 5 to 7, which ultimately shouldn't cause too many problems. As mentioned before, it is a mere minimum, meaning that managers favouring youth are free to shift the balance way more towards youth, as the minimum amount of first team players is undefined (zero being an option for the very, very daring). This, along with the cap and budget restrictions, are the main things to consider for season one. Come season two, player specific objectives will come into play, which is why I'd like to keep teams (especially their structures) somewhat similar, and moreover avoid mass inflation through too much internal, and especially uncontrolled, dealing, hence the name "Daniel Levy's Nighmare", which is also still subject to change.

Please give me your feedback on this.

Random draw sounds more fun than us picking the same old teams to be honest as long as everyone else is on board too

Agree with a random draw... +1

Also I think the first 8 teams with the biggest average value should start in Div 2 and the other 8 with lower average value should be in Div 1 ... just my 2c