"Daniel Levy's Worst Nightmare"

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bear with me Safir; I first want to check whether everyone is okay with the teams (and terms). In the mean time, I had a look at some of the filter options on Transfermarkt, which includes filtering

Re: "Daniel Levy's Worst Nightmare"

Re: "Daniel Levy's Worst Nightmare" But okay Ben; if you're not keen on putting your name down due to the canniness of it, I perfectly understand.

So we are not going with the 16 champions league type teams' date='and we would have to sell 90 rated players(or higher) to external?[/quote']

Correct. Matter of keeping things as "equal" as possible, at least in the beginning, and emphasising the draft of "marquee players".

If everyone is okay, I can kick off the random draw for the teams, and I'll post the results of the draw here as soon as it's done.

What Niki said - the idea would be to have an active inter-seasonal draft incorporated in the later seasons. It should be structured in such a way where no manager is left with less than three "marquee players" at any given moment. Players under the rating of 89 are free to move for any agreed fee between two managers at any point, but bearing in mind that the money will also need to be used for other things, paying a huge fee for a 89-rated (or under) player would not be very advisable.

Furthermore, the fact that the selected teams are "sub-toppers" means that the major drafts will almost exclusively include external teams, for at least a good amount of seasons, ensuring a certain stability for the internals. If anything, it would have been problematic had we gone for bigger teams (e.g. Real Madrid), but with most of the 91+ in external, they can be drafted without any real problem.

Anyway, I'm rolling the random draw, and these are the numbers for the managers and for the teams:

(1): Sir Rahul

(2): Huddo

(3): Nikidinho

(4): Closer

(5): Gozzy

(6): Safir

(7): Keith Fitz

(8): Keystone

(9): Raahizer

(10): The Scout

(11): adisbegic10

(12): loredan

(13): Tino

(14): Preppens

(15): Noisy

(16): AniAniAni

-------------------------------------------------

(1) Southampton

(2) Leverkusen

(3) Schalke 04

(4) AC Milan

(5) FC Porto

(6) OL Lyonnais

(7) SS Lazio

(8) West Ham United

(9) Fenerbahce SK

(10) Mönchengladbach

(11) Sporting CP

(12) Newcastle United

(13) Shakhtar Donetsk

(14) SL Benfica

(15) Dynamo Kiev

(16) Swansea City

I'll be using a random generator to pair a number from the first list with a number from the second, ergo forming a new manager-club partnership.

Also, Loredan, I will be effectuating your suggestion, meaning that the first eight teams will be in Div2 (instead of Div1), and vice versa.

(4) Closer ------------------- (12) Newcastle United

(6) Safir ---------------------- (16) Swansea City

(9) Raahizar ----------------- (7) SS Lazio

(1) Rahul --------------------- (8) West Ham United

(5) Gozzy -------------------- (15) Dynamo Kiev

(13) Tino ---------------------- (4) AC Milan

(8) Keystone --------------- (13) Shakhtar Donetsk

(7) Keith Fitz --------------- (11) Sporting CP

(11) Adisbegic10 ---------- (6) Lyon

(3) Nikidinho ---------------- (3) Schalke

(12) Loredan ---------------- (2) Leverkusen

(16) AniAniAni ------------- (14) SL Benfica

(2) Huddo -------------------- (5) FC Porto

(15) Noisy -------------------- (1) Southampton

(10) The Scout ------------ (10) M'Gladbach

(14) Preppens -------------- (9) Fenerbache

Teams can be swapped if both managers are willing to. Just post it here so that I can edit the list.

Next, we need to take care of squads.

From this point onwards, the following players I list will need to be sold as soon as the GW opens. Any player rising between now and the "official" opening of the GW can be kept. However, if the manager wishes to keep any of the players listed, it will count as a draft pick and will be accepted accordingly, as mentioned before. Just let me know well in advance, as I can restructure the draft to accommodate the change.

Southampton - Dusan Tadic ; Jose Fonte

Leverkusen - Stefan Kiessling ; Lars Bender ; Hakan Calhanoglu ; Heung-Min Son ; Christoph Kramer ; Omer Toprak ; Bernd Leno

Schalke 04 - Klaas-Jan Huntelaar ; Benedikt Howedes ; Jefferson Farfan ; Julian Draxler ; Kevin-Prince Boateng ; Matija Nastasic

AC Milan - Carlos Bacca ; Nigel De Jong ; Jeremy Menez ; Fernando Torres ; Keisuke Honda ; Riccardo Montolivo ; Ignazio Abate ; Diego Lopez

FC Porto - Iker Casillas ; Yacine Brahimi ; Hector Herrera ; Maxi Pereira

OL Lyonnais - Alexandre Lacazette ; Rafael Da Silva ; Maxime Gonalons

SS Lazio - Antonio Candreva ; Lucas Biglia ; Miroslav Klose ; Felipe Anderson ; Marco Parolo ; Senad Lulic ; Stefan De Vrij ; Stefan Radu ; Federico Marchetti

West Ham United - Dimitri Payet

Fenerbache SK - Robin Van Persie ; Dirk Kuyt ; Moussa Sow ; Luis Nani ; Diego Ribas

Borussia Monchengladbach - Patrick Herrmann ; Granit Xhaka ; Yann Sommer

Sporting CP - Alberto Aquilani ; Rui Patricio

Newcastle United - Moussa Sissoko

Shakhtar Donetsk - Darijo Srna

SL Benfica - Goncalves Jonas ; Nicolas Gaitan ; Anderson Luisao

Dynamo Kiev - Andriy Yarmolenko ; Younes Belhanda

Swansea City - Andre Ayew

Now, something already seems kinda wrong: some teams need to sell considerably more than others. Well, what I was thinking about is the following: these teams, needing to sell say five 90+ or more, will have first dibs on any 89-rated or under player when the GW opens, just to make sure they can fill up the numbers with some good players. If others have any suggestions, feel free to post them. I don't think it would be a good idea to augment the amount of draft picks (simply because of the idea of building a team around three players being appealing in my opinion), but if that is what the majority wants, then that is what the majority shall get.

Next' date=' we need to take care of squads.

[b']From this point onwards, the following players I list will need to be sold as soon as the GW opens.[/b] Any player rising between now and the "official" opening of the GW can be kept. However, if the manager wishes to keep any of the players listed, it will count as a draft pick and will be accepted accordingly, as mentioned before. Just let me know well in advance, as I can restructure the draft to accommodate the change.

Southampton - Dusan Tadic ; Jose Fonte

Leverkusen - Stefan Kiessling ; Lars Bender ; Hakan Calhanoglu ; Heung-Min Son ; Christoph Kramer ; Omer Toprak ; Bernd Leno

Schalke 04 - Klaas-Jan Huntelaar ; Benedikt Howedes ; Jefferson Farfan ; Julian Draxler ; Kevin-Prince Boateng ; Matija Nastasic

AC Milan - Carlos Bacca ; Nigel De Jong ; Jeremy Menez ; Fernando Torres ; Keisuke Honda ; Riccardo Montolivo ; Ignazio Abate ; Diego Lopez

FC Porto - Iker Casillas ; Yacine Brahimi ; Hector Herrera ; Maxi Pereira

OL Lyonnais - Alexandre Lacazette ; Rafael Da Silva ; Maxime Gonalons

SS Lazio - Antonio Candreva ; Lucas Biglia ; Miroslav Klose ; Felipe Anderson ; Marco Parolo ; Senad Lulic ; Stefan De Vrij ; Stefan Radu ; Federico Marchetti

West Ham United - Dimitri Payet

Fenerbache SK - Robin Van Persie ; Dirk Kuyt ; Moussa Sow ; Luis Nani ; Diego Ribas

Borussia Monchengladbach - Patrick Herrmann ; Granit Xhaka ; Yann Sommer

Sporting CP - Alberto Aquilani ; Rui Patricio

Newcastle United - Moussa Sissoko

Shakhtar Donetsk - Darijo Srna

SL Benfica - Goncalves Jonas ; Nicolas Gaitan ; Anderson Luisao

Dynamo Kiev - Andriy Yarmolenko ; Younes Belhanda

Swansea City - /

Now, something already seems kinda wrong: some teams need to sell considerably more than others. Well, what I was thinking about is the following: these teams, needing to sell say five 90+ or more, will have first dibs on any 89-rated or under player when the GW opens, just to make sure they can fill up the numbers with some good players. If others have any suggestions, feel free to post them. I don't think it would be a good idea to augment the amount of draft picks (simply because of the idea of building a team around three players being appealing in my opinion), but if that is what the majority wants, then that is what the majority shall get.

Ani, do you want Monchengladbach for Benfica?

Now' date=' something already seems kinda wrong: some teams need to sell considerably more than others. Well, what I was thinking about is the following: these teams, needing to sell say five 90+ or more, will have first dibs on any 89-rated or under player when the GW opens, just to make sure they can fill up the numbers with some good players. If others have any suggestions, feel free to post them. I don't think it would be a good idea to augment the amount of draft picks (simply because of the idea of building a team around three players being appealing in my opinion), but if that is what the majority wants, then that is what the majority shall get.[/quote']

How about we list the number of 89, 88, and 87 rated players in each team and make assessments after that. Teams in the best situation get handicapped a bit or so.

Not 100% sure but off the top of my head Swansea's squad is pretty crap even if only one player is removed.

How about we list the number of 89' date=' 88, and 87 rated players in each team and make assessments after that. Teams in the best situation get handicapped a bit or so.

Not 100% sure but off the top of my head Swansea's squad is pretty crap even if only one player is removed.[/quote']

Sounds like a plan - I'll get to it later today and post the lists here.

The team I'm most worried about is Lazio. If you take out all those players, the only half-decent player remaining (off my head, that is) is Dusan Basta. As for Swansea, they do still have the likes of Ki and Sigurdsson (both very decent), plus younger players with a good chance of rising in the near future (e.g. Shelvey and Montero).

Either way, listing all the 87-89 players will give a fairer idea of the balance.

The draw is perfect for me' date=' glad with Newcastle which is the team i prefer in England!

Ani when does this start? In a week?[/quote']

The next thing is to get the draft list sorted. I'll be using the same random generator, with the same number list, to determine who gets to pick first. And to give the later pickers a fair chance, the list is reversed for the second round, with the third round starting from the middle (to give the "middle pickers" a fair chance too).

Once everyone knows who to buy, I guess I can purchase the GW and start things off!

Draft order (respecting the same enumeration as that for the club allocation):

(13) - Tino

(4) - Closer

(15) - Noisy

(7) - Keith Fitz

(9) - Raahizar

(8) - Keystone

(14) - Preppens

(12) - Loredan

(16) - AniAniAni

(3) - Nikidinho

(1) - Rahul

(2) - Huddo

(6) - Safir

(10) - The Scout

(11) - Adisbegic10

(5) - Gozzy

This order will be followed from first to last for the first draft, with the opposite happening for the second. For the third, #7, which is Preppens, will be getting first pick, followed by #8 (Loredan), then #6 (Keystone), then #9 (AniAniAni), etc.