Sign in to follow this  
KopStar

The New Forum Layout

This layout is horrific, not sure I can bear coming on the forums when it is like this, so Un user friendly, it looks naff and impossible to find things. Of all the things SM had done through the years the forum and it's ease of use previously was the best part.

Simply horrific I hate this look, navigation is a nightmare can't find my user control panel or anything.

For godness sake.

This new layout make Ben's essay even more unbearable now.

*sighs*

Btw, it's for goodness sake.

Do you have a suggestion or improvement related to the forum update or did you just want to passively aggressively mock me, because if it's the latter then genuinely I'd rather you just make a thread to do it in or even just PM me subtle abuse each day?

Do you not agree that it would have been nice to be told in advance about such a significant change to the layout of the forum?

This layout is horrific' date=' not sure I can bear coming on the forums when it is like this, so Un user friendly, it looks naff and impossible to find things. Of all the things SM had done through the years the forum and it's ease of use previously was the best part.

Simply horrific I hate this look, navigation is a nightmare can't find my user control panel or anything.[/quote']

Check the messages button at the top of the page.

It should include your subscribed threads as well as your inbox etc, that's where mine are at least.

I am off, tried but this is just irritatingly poor, if it ain't broke don't fix it....I certainly ain't got the patience for this, the ease of navigation previously made it what it was and now we'll......put it politely I ain't to impressed. No idea if I will continue to use this forum if it stays in this format probably not, I always found it worked absolutely fine on my mobile before easy to use.

Been nice knowing ya lads!!

Guest Redsky

I'd much sooner they stop spending time on updating this type of content and instead focus on the core of the game. Please sort out the player ratings, could someone with some authority at least check the French Ligue 1 thread and look at my post. I have no idea where i'm meant to post it where Developers will actually see and perhaps take action. So apologies for going slightly off topic.

Also, the alert feature is nice, but having to dismiss them is a pain in the bum!

I am off' date=' tried but this is just irritatingly poor, if it ain't broke don't fix it....I certainly ain't got the patience for this, the ease of navigation previously made it what it was and now we'll......put it politely I ain't to impressed. No idea if I will continue to use this forum if it stays in this format probably not, I always found it worked absolutely fine on my mobile before easy to use.

Been nice knowing ya lads!![/quote']

Could tell as soon as I came on we'd start using good forumers.

Where the hell is my User CP?

Well done SM on yet another pointless exercise!

Since when have SM listened to us.

I'm out.

Ah the irony of a service failing to listen to its customers.

I don't want this forum to look anything like the forum that was linked. This place was working really well, the UserCP was the most convenient thing, and now it's gone.

I'm working with the dying SM Predict sub-forum for a year but surely this new layout could be the final nail in the coffin :confused:

They said this is for easier using for mobile phone user, I'm using low end Samsung android phone and old forum works just fine for me! Didn't understand at all, baffling.

Did some tinkering with colours to save my eyes earlier but its poor. its not customizable enough from what I can see and it should have set skin alts so that I don't have to waste half an hour trying to correct this eye sore. SM used to be a good game but its been garbage for several years now and I find it very hard finding the motivation to stick around nowadays. This forum change could be the final straw for me as I don't want to spend ages trying to navigate an overly complicated forum when in this day and age there is no need. I run a custom GW and this has just made it more of an unneccesary effort to try and update when needed.

Guess which game I also play and have done for about 2 years now. It is a far better game, a far better forum where your not censored for talking beyond the realms of a childs mind, and the devs actually communicate with its customers and try to improve an already exceptionaly good game.

They don't give a crap about their customers, Nik.

There's this custom setup "Luck of the Irish", that has had 2 bugs recently.

1 still hasn't been solved and it's ruining my season.

I haven't liked most of SM's changes, but I've always kept my mouth shut.

I don't mind change when it's for the better.

This layout looks like Soccerwiki or purgatory. :o

SM don't care about their customers and us forumers.

The only Dev who listens to us is Steven.

SM have been worrying about the Single Player game, instead of fixing the multiplayer game's several problems. :(

This is absolute garbage, haven't got a clue where to start on the shambles of this change to the forum. If it stays like this, I'm likely to leave, the lack of User CP makes it a sodding nightmare to navigate.

Might as well shut the forum down, it's now dying a death as a result of this horrendous error by SM.

Its really dumb to change something that was very easy to use before and there wasnt any issues with the old forum..

Struggling to find subsribed posts (Why get rid of the User CP which everyone used to find there subscriptions with ease). Wont use it for a few days and hope it gets reversed, or atleast improved (Unlikely). Shame you dont update the pretty poor match engine and ruin a perfectly good forum.

Likewise. I've never had any problems with using it on my phone

You wouldn't think this is new software; it's so slow. And then just gives up altogether.

Unless the CP returns in some format or another and the speed picks up' date=' people will just leave. It's a shame that the forum community is near dead anyway, this just might be the final nail in the coffin.

Must say I've not been a fan of the last two major updates to both game and forum. I agree with Ben, communication has always been questionable around these updates. Some sort of meeting/chat with frequent/long term users to gain a brief understanding of what people actually want might have gone a long way.[/quote']

Agree with this as well as Ben and Ray.

The forums were suffering from good members leaving/not posting as much already, this new layout really could be the end of it all.

I also don't buy the argument that it is better as people can now use the forum on their mobile. I have a Samsung S5 and the old forum worked perfectly on it, absolutely zero reason to chance the layout.

I really don't like the new layout at all.

Why didn't they run a test beta forum for some of the more experienced forumers to try out, getting feedback from the community as to what was good and what wasn't?!