Sign in to follow this  
KopStar

The New Forum Layout

Agree with this as well as Ben and Ray.

The forums were suffering from good members leaving/not posting as much already' date=' this new layout really could be the end of it all.

I also don't buy the argument that it is better as people can now use the forum on their mobile. I have a Samsung S5 and the old forum worked perfectly on it, absolutely zero reason to chance the layout.

I really don't like the new layout at all.

[b']Why didn't they run a test beta forum for some of the more experienced forumers to try out, getting feedback from the community as to what was good and what wasn't?![/b]

Because a negative reaction would probably lower the SM designer's self-esteem. :o

Because a negative reaction would probably lower the SM designer's self-esteem. :o

Every other forum I have used have always offered a test version first before upgrading to gage what would work and what wouldn't. The word community is redundant on here now as it isn't, it seems to be what ever SM wants.

Such a shame that this is what could cause SM to lose so many well respected and long time users, it could of so easily have been prevented. By a little bit of communication!

Every other forum I have used have always offered a test version first before upgrading to gage what would work and what wouldn't. The word community is redundant on here now as it isn't' date=' it seems to be what ever SM wants.

Such a shame that this is what could cause SM to lose so many well respected and long time users, it could of so easily have been prevented. By a little bit of communication![/quote']

They don't want to bother listening to us, mate.

If we, the "community", didn't like that beta version idea (you rightly suggested), we'd just be getting in SM's way.

SM's mentality is this: "we do whatever we want, without consulting the customers - if they don't like it, too bad".

I totally understand that, how dare customers have an opinion on a product/service they use? :P

They don't want to bother listening to us' date=' mate.

If we, the "community", didn't like that beta version idea (you rightly suggested), we'd just be getting in SM's way.

SM's mentality is this: "we do whatever we want, without consulting the customers - if they don't like it, too bad".

I totally understand that, how dare customers have an opinion on a product/service they use? :P[/quote']

Well said :D

An the new forum, is way funky ...glad I'm lost to start with :P

To answer a bunch of questions i have seen on here (I have been plugging away for some tim trying to help/learn)

User CP is basically under my profile under your name. there is where you can find subscriptions to threads as well as if i understand correctly your friends if they post (not sure on this one but there is a "user" subscripton. You may all now stalk me.

I am hoping colour schemes will become available like on mnay other forums you can set a variety.

Yes we got no advance warning and I 100% agree that they should have gave us a heads up or tested it or what not but it is here now so we all gotta learn how to use it. Lets turn this into a thread of Q and A and How to's instead of any more griping guys. Please dont take it out on mods. Not sure what the deal is with this whole moist posts needing approval nonsense is yet and i realise it is frustrating. We, like you had our worlds turned upside down with no warning and are doing the best we can. I am approving posts whenever i see them and checking all over the threads to find them, Previously any new forumers posts pending approval could be found at the clikc of a buttton. Now, unless i can find another way, they must be individually cited thread by thread and clicked to approve. Add to that i cannot see VMs and PMs are coming up blank and it is a testing time..

If anybody works ou how to do certain things or would like to ask please do. As of yet there are still many functions like rep that i have no idea how to do or may not be implemented yet.

Please guys lets not gripe too much more for now and be productive, help each other learn the forum and get used to it if we can.

Cam

SM's business idea have always been that of, the forum is a minority against the massive majority of feedback they get on twitter and facebook. Thus why what we say on here often fall on deaf ears.. but I wonder..

Now that they're actually changing the forum for the worse.. surely they need to wise up and listen to THE MAJORITY now? Probably not, I might last a few days or a week but I'm pretty much done at this point..

Who cares about the layout of the forum, one year ago SM Dev Ste announced that the game engine would change.

05-08-2014, 10:58 PM

Re: Riferimento: What about new game engine?

As soon as we're happy with it and it's been tested thoroughly in the Single Player we'll introduce it to the Multiplayer. It's hard to put a timeframe on that. We'll keep you all updated re the progress and you'll be able to test it yourself in the Single Player this summer and provide feedback.

One year' date=' for God's sake, has passed. One year and yet we play against teams with avg 88 that beat Barcelona, Real, Bayern...

Here we have a list of known problems not yet resolved:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/forum...d-improvements

Who cares about the layout of the forum' date=' one year ago SM Dev Ste announced that the game engine would change.

One year, for God's sake, has passed. One year and yet we play against teams with avg 88 that beat Barcelona, Real, Bayern...

I asked SM on twitter about the engine again. They said it will be released over this summer. I'm not sure about foreign countries, but my summer ends by the first of June..

Who cares about the layout of the forum' date=' one year ago SM Dev Ste announced that the game engine would change.

One year, for God's sake, has passed. One year and yet we play against teams with avg 88 that beat Barcelona, Real, Bayern...

This is one of the things i never undertand people compaingng about. You realise Arsenal lost to swansea right. you realise stoke 6-1 liverpool. Hmaburg beats Bayern. Over the course fo a season we know who wins those head to heads. but in a one off gmae who knows. And im sure in every game world i have been in 99/100 the Bayerns and Reals are the ones winning the league. Upsets happen. but in the game the best teams usually finihs nearer the top like i real life. I agree it could aways use some improving, but not becauase every now and again my Powerhouse side loses to an 88 team.

This is one of the things i never undertand people compaingng about. You realise Arsenal lost to swansea right. you realise stoke 6-1 liverpool. Hmaburg beats Bayern. Over the course fo a season we know who wins those head to heads. but in a one off gmae who knows. And im sure in every game world i have been in 99/100 the Bayerns and Reals are the ones winning the league. Upsets happen. but in the game the best teams usually finihs nearer the top like i real life. I agree it could aways use some improving' date=' but not becauase every now and again my Powerhouse side loses to an 88 team.[/quote']

The question is.. why? Bad tactics? Demotivation? Overconfidence?

I'd personally prefer a game where tactics reign supreme.. which isn't the case here.

Right, I do like to see email notifications if and when new posts or private messages are sent to me. However, no mail was sent while I have posted and subscribed to this thread. Previously, once you'd posted in a thread, you would be notified of any new posts.

To answer a bunch of questions i have seen on here (I have been plugging away for some tim trying to help/learn)

User CP is basically under my profile under your name. there is where you can find subscriptions to threads as well as if i understand correctly your friends if they post (not sure on this one but there is a "user" subscripton. You may all now stalk me.

I am hoping colour schemes will become available like on mnay other forums you can set a variety.

Yes we got no advance warning and I 100% agree that they should have gave us a heads up or tested it or what not but it is here now so we all gotta learn how to use it. Lets turn this into a thread of Q and A and How to's instead of any more griping guys. Please dont take it out on mods. Not sure what the deal is with this whole moist posts needing approval nonsense is yet and i realise it is frustrating. We' date=' like you had our worlds turned upside down with no warning and are doing the best we can. I am approving posts whenever i see them and checking all over the threads to find them, Previously any new forumers posts pending approval could be found at the clikc of a buttton. Now, unless i can find another way, they must be individually cited thread by thread and clicked to approve. Add to that i cannot see VMs and PMs are coming up blank and it is a testing time..

If anybody works ou how to do certain things or would like to ask please do. As of yet there are still many functions like rep that i have no idea how to do or may not be implemented yet.

Please guys lets not gripe too much more for now and be productive, help each other learn the forum and get used to it if we can.

Cam[/quote']

The gripe isn't with you mate or the other mods it's the people who are making these decisions to introduce poorly thought out rubbish that nobody really wants when there is stuff that people do want that goes ignored.

The forum was in bad shape before this numbers wise and this looks likely to make it a lot worse. You say we now all got to learn to use it but in truth we don't. We can just leave and go play a game where we are more valued as a customer. Many will leave over this and many will be long term members of both the game and the forum.

Hey Cam I think it is great that you are keeping things positive.

It's a shame the old UserCP is gone because it was so easy and clear, but okay. Once you've found the subscriptions list on this lay-out and figured out how to get to the newest post, it's alright. I would like to point out two things that are making it terrible to read on this forum. As many others are saying, it would be great if the color schemes could be changed/updated soon, this is just too much whiteness and it's making me blind after reading just one page. Also it seems like the lines have gotten much longer, the space in which the message is displayed seems a lot broader than before. That makes it hard to read the whole message too, it's easier if you can see it without moving your head around as if you are watching a game of tennis!

I think we should give it a try, even tho SM doesn't seem to care about this community, for me it's one of the best parts of the game. There is just no fun in winning if I have nobody to laugh at afterwards :P So I hope that most of the active players around here will stick around!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......... WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS? I FEEL LIKE I'M IN A HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM. SOMEBODY GIMME THE OXYGEN PIPE QUICK! *** THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NIGHTMARISH CHANGE. RUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBIIIISSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH

It's good that you changed it. The old one looked so 2007. This is what most of the forums look like these days. You should've chosen another theme though. This is the Visia Premium Theme right? Chose another. There are like thousands of others and you chose this?

I think the forum is not so bad a few more changes and it will be better.

Hopefully they change the threads from oldest posts first to newest posts first.

Hopefully they can switch spellchecker on as at the minute if you write a normal post you can use spellchecker but if you quote someone in a post then spellchecker doesn't work. When you are writing predictions or a good match report thread spellchecker is important for that.

A post from SM on how to use the VBulletin forum should have been one of the first posts SM made and then they should have sent directions to it via in-game then people would not be so lost, I have used Vbulletin forums in the past and tbh I think it is a good improvement on the old one but SM must help make the transition from the old to the new much easier rather than just banging it out.