Sign in to follow this  
KopStar

The New Forum Layout

There is an excellent Help section for the forum which is located in the bottom footer. If you've not visited it yet then I highly recommend that you do as it contains a wealth of information and also answers a lot of the questions that people have been asking.

There is an excellent Help section for the forum which is located in the bottom footer. If you've not visited it yet then I highly recommend that you do as it contains a wealth of information and also answers a lot of the questions that people have been asking.

Can you just please keep us informed about this process Steven.

When the service is suddenly dropped and everyone is unauthorised to post without an explanation it isn't good for your relations with customers.

I happen to think that updating the forum was the right decision, but the way that it has been handled has been very poorly thought out.

Genuinely the biggest concern for me is the lack of communication about how, when and why etc... before things happen.

People don't like surprises, especially when it stops them from using a service they would normally use without notice.

Can I use images in my signature?

It is up to the Administrator whether you may use images in your signature. If you are allowed to attach them' date=' then an Upload Attachments button will be available on the signature editor popup.

[/quote']

Thats what it says, and it basically does not help me in the least...

I see i couple of mods using sigs and gifs, so to a certain extent, the feature should be available, though when I go the the "Image" button to attach an image, it does nothing but just link my image, like a "Link" button would do. basically 2 buttons that do the exact same job.

I would stop trying to find a way to make it work if id know its pointless, so it would be nice to get, just for once, a direct answer to either make it work or to stop trying cause it wouldnt work anyway.

Anybody figured out how to actually add a picture to your signature?

I've been toying around with the 'show signature' setting' date=' but i couldnt get it to actually show the picture, only to post a link of it. (like you can see in my sig right now)[/quote']

Go to 'User Settings' > Account > Edit Post Signature

Click on the 'A' to bring up the advanced editor, from there click the image icon, it should open a new box 'image info' put the URL of your image in that and click ok - it should then show your signature.

Go to 'User Settings' > Account > Edit Post Signature

Click on the 'A' to bring up the advanced editor' date=' from there click the image icon, it should open a new box 'image info' put the URL of your image in that and click ok - it should then show your signature.[/quote']

Tried that multiple times, tried resizing the image and using different image hosts, didnt work a single time, it always only shows me the link once i 'save it' and go browse the forum, basically it does the same thing as the 'link' tool.

I've had to upload my image and use the HTML code directly onto the type box in order to make it work >.>

Tried that multiple times' date=' tried resizing the image and using different image hosts, didnt work a single time, it always only shows me the link once i 'save it' and go browse the forum, basically it does the same thing as the 'link' tool.

I've had to upload my image and use the HTML code directly onto the type box in order to make it work >.>[/quote']

If you drop [uSER=1]SM Dev (Pete)[/uSER] a message i'm sure he'll look into your problem :)

SM you've finally convinced me to leave the forum & probably SM too, can't take anymore of this .... Goodbye all my friends, 87+ etc etc There were many good times but years ago now... this is the final straw of many broken straws :(

8 pages of complaints I see

Good on you SM, always breaking records, whether it be your income or how pissed off you can make your customers be when you prat around with stuff that doesn't need touching

Money talks

I know things have to move with the times etc, but this is tragic!

Bring back 2007 when SM was amazing, didnt care that the site was shut whilst results were being done, added to the excitement!

:(

Many thanks for everyone's feedback as it's always good to hear what people have to say. I always document all feedback and pass it on as this helps drive the game forward. This results in schedules of work which I posted a few days back which you can see here. Please keep your feedback coming whether it's on the forum, twitter, Facebook, google+ or via our surveys.

I know forums are normally very bad in terms of design, at least IMO, but this one is really really bad, they managed to make it even worse than the game itself!

I'm aware that this must of taken a lot of work, but you really need to improve your design team!

Guest Guest

So much negativity over a new look for the forum. Windows Xp was fine why update to Windows 8/