Sign in to follow this  
KopStar

The New Forum Layout

Mate if that's the case then why are forums thriving in other gaming communities and I don't mean gaming communities for ps4 ect where people go to report bugs and complain so no it isn't. This forum made the game and people even left the game and continued to use the forum the forum is a huge part of the SM experience and I don't think optimizing it for mobile use is a well thought idea if there's less and less using it there was really no point. Also if your right and it is a sign of the times and numbers are declining rapidly might i add then why not change it back to what it was for the people who do enjoy it?

There's no match reports there's barely any player ratings threads there's well basically nothing now and everything has been made more difficult well not difficult but tiresome to navigate and keep in touch with people. It looks good but it's not working and you sort of admitted that yourself so what's the plan? I see no reason why it isn't in the best interest to make it easier to navigate and promote the forum more so than a tab on the main screen. You usually see a influx of new members in the summer so why not revert back or i don't know just fix it before it dies completely as this place has become depressing almost to visit.

11 MEMBERS ONLINE says it all does it not? :(

Seconded John....I'm itching to get back into the game but sod this the forums always been half the fun.

Mate if that's the case then why are forums thriving in other gaming communities and I don't mean gaming communities for ps4 ect where people go to report bugs and complain so no it isn't. This forum made the game and people even left the game and continued to use the forum the forum is a huge part of the SM experience and I don't think optimizing it for mobile use is a well thought idea if there's less and less using it there was really no point. Also if your right and it is a sign of the times and numbers are declining rapidly might i add then why not change it back to what it was for the people who do enjoy it?

There's no match reports there's barely any player ratings threads there's well basically nothing now and everything has been made more difficult well not difficult but tiresome to navigate and keep in touch with people. It looks good but it's not working and you sort of admitted that yourself so what's the plan? I see no reason why it isn't in the best interest to make it easier to navigate and promote the forum more so than a tab on the main screen. You usually see a influx of new members in the summer so why not revert back or i don't know just fix it before it dies completely as this place has become depressing almost to visit.

11 MEMBERS ONLINE says it all does it not? :(

I have come to the conclusion that SM don't really give a toss about the view of the community despite claims saying that views of the community are valued by SM.

Case and point look at all the criticism this new forum layout has recieved. SM are pretty much burying their head in the sand despite the fact that the majority of the forum members have been driven away by the introduction of the new forum.

There comes a point where you cut your losses and accept that you have errored and in doing so take steps to correct the problem. SM have shown no willingness to even listen to the community and correct the problem by bringing back the old forum layout.

Why fix something that isn't broken ?

The forum was absolutely fine and there was no need for change. I used to access the forum on a regular basis from my mobile and had no problem in doing so. As such, I have no idea where the old forum was not 'mobile user friendly' revolution came from.

I have tweeted SM asking for a possible explanation about if the old forum would be brought back and I recieved no reply.

Valuing customer feedback right ?

It's a crying shame that the game made for the people doesn't not even listen to people.

Shouldn't you have honestly voted within the forum to see if forumers wanted a change with a brief demonstration of the new layout ?

Furthermore there is a total lack of leadership and accountability within SM.

If you tweet to SM discussing a possible rating change. SM replies back with the response 'discuss in the forum.'Then when you say to SM look at the views of the forum SM refuses to even aknolwedge the views of the forum. Got told ratings are 'very much subjective'. Then you have particular responses from SM saying that SM Wiki has control over ratings when that's clearly not the case. Common SM. Get your structure right and be more transparent and accountable to your customers. This is a great product and can grow even further but you have to build on what made this game successful... The people ! The people make this game worthwhile both from an economic standpoint and a gaming standpoint. Listen to us !

I have come to the conclusion that SM don't really give a toss about the view of the community despite claims saying that views of the community are valued by SM.

Case and point look at all the criticism this new forum layout has recieved. SM are pretty much burying their head in the sand despite the fact that the majority of the forum members have been driven away by the introduction of the new forum.

There comes a point where you cut your losses and accept that you have errored and in doing so take steps to correct the problem. SM have shown no willingness to even listen to the community and correct the problem by bringing back the old forum layout.

Why fix something that isn't broken ?

The forum was absolutely fine and there was no need for change. I used to access the forum on a regular basis from my mobile and had no problem in doing so. As such' date=' I have no idea where the old forum was not 'mobile user friendly' revolution came from.

I have tweeted SM asking for a possible explanation about if the old forum would be brought back and I recieved no reply.

Valuing customer feedback right ?

It's a crying shame that the game made for the people doesn't not even listen to people.

Shouldn't you have honestly voted within the forum to see if forumers wanted a change with a brief demonstration of the new layout ?

Furthermore there is a total lack of leadership and accountability within SM.

If you tweet to SM discussing a possible rating change. SM replies back with the response 'discuss in the forum.'Then when you say to SM look at the views of the forum SM refuses to even aknolwedge the views of the forum. Got told ratings are 'very much subjective'. Then you have particular responses from SM saying that SM Wiki has control over ratings when that's clearly not the case. Common SM. Get your structure right and be more transparent and accountable to your customers. This is a great product and can grow even further but you have to build on what made this game successful... The people ! The people make this game worthwhile both from an economic standpoint and a gaming standpoint. Listen to us ![/quote']

This is absolutely spot on and makes excellent points. I do feel kind of bad for Steven as he's the one at the sharp end trying to defend something that no one likes, and lets be fair, there's quite a lot not to like at the moment other than the forum. But as Amar has pointed out, at some point you have to cut your losses and admit you've made a mistake, and that's what I feel SM need to do before it's too late, if it's not already.

This is absolutely spot on and makes excellent points. I do feel kind of bad for Steven as he's the one at the sharp end trying to defend something that no one likes' date=' and lets be fair, there's quite a lot not to like at the moment other than the forum. But as Amar has pointed out, at some point you have to cut your losses and admit you've made a mistake, and that's what I feel SM need to do before it's too late, if it's not already.[/quote']

It's a shame that for every step that SM takes forward the product ends up going three steps back. The game has big potential but the lack of proper development and coordination just holds it back from going to the next level. All the tools are there in the sandbox for SM to take the product to the next level but it's severe mismanagement which starts from top which hinders it's potential.

First and foremost I don't want too sound too critical of SM because I want to see the game grow as it will provide a better experience for us all. SM in all honesty has fumbled the blueprint which made the game successful to this date. Yes I do call the game succesful because it wouldn't be in buissness otherwise with so many users.

The move towards 'Single' player was never going to be a big hit with the online game world. The whole purpose of playing an interactive game is because of the international internet community which forms the game. The 'Multiplayer' which is now what it's called was the founding blueprint of the game. And it was a market which SM was custom built to thrive in. Don't you think if users want a single player experience they would just play Football Manager instead? Which is a far more expansive and detailed game with over a decade in production. SM would be pretty naive to think it would take over that market. The game engine to make such an online 'Single Player' is no where near developed to produce such a worthwhile experience on an internet browser. Were still not even able to have squad numbers on the multiplayer dispite years of requests from internet community. Even Football Manager on a disc still recieved big criticism for the lack of a coherent game engine !

As such the amount of investment which was spent on the single player could have been used to develop the Multiplayer which could have given rise to a far more developed expansive gaming experience. There's literally tons of ideas which has been suggested by the community yet it goes deaf on ears. Multiplayer is what this game was founded upon and it's quite surprising that SM is deviating from it.

Instead of soley improving the multiplayer we have two average sub par products and a forum which is in a mess.

After experiencing many of the problems outlined here i too decided that i hated the new layout BUT i must say after actually taking the time to familiarise myself with it i have ( to a large degree) kind of got used to it. Yes its not as simple as the old layout and i have had a few problems posting images which as a match reporter ( remember them?) can be a bit of an arse but i manage. Perhaps the problem is one of promotion, what i can make from a discussion over on the EC7046 news thread ( thingy?) is that a lot of the lads are labouring under the impression the forum is now too complicated to even attempt. Now without blowing my own withered old trumpet here, if an old duffer like me can get used to it i'm confused as to why younger keener minds cannot?.

One thing which would help tremendously and is only a minor change would be to go to the last post of a forum by default. I also don't see why it can't be skinned ,which is I believe the technical term to look exactly like the old forum if people want as an option. I know this caused considerable problems on a popular weather forum and they simply allowed people to use the new or old style...

After experiencing many of the problems outlined here i too decided that i hated the new layout BUT i must say after actually taking the time to familiarise myself with it i have ( to a large degree) kind of got used to it. Yes its not as simple as the old layout and i have had a few problems posting images which as a match reporter ( remember them?) can be a bit of an arse but i manage. Perhaps the problem is one of promotion' date=' what i can make from a discussion over on the EC7046 news thread ( thingy?) is that a lot of the lads are labouring under the impression the forum is now too complicated to even attempt. Now without blowing my own withered old trumpet here, if an old duffer like me can get used to it i'm confused as to why younger keener minds cannot?.[/color']

This was kind of the last straw for people. The match engine was crap and with the bugs in the game, the only thing keeping people tethered to the game were the forums.

The effort of figuring out the new forums was higher than the enjoyment the game gave them.

I like you am getting used to it , i still don't like it but i do like the look of it just not the navigating and also it doesn't work at all on PS4 which I generally would log in on at night to get results.

Once there was a forum, practical and easy on the eyes,

Fueled by the people, and brimming with life.

But no one could foresee, what the devs would later devise,

As when the new layout came, it was dimming with strife.

The people complained, with their efforts in vain,

To attempt to have it changed back to the way it was.

People left, describing it the very definition of pain,

And there was those who said, "That's what SoccerManager does."

Most banded together, to have their voices heard,

But the message couldn't strike, with that being their luck.

Even with the movement the people had stirred,

The masses asked themselves, "Do they really give" "Had their efforts stuck?"

Once there was a forum' date=' practical and easy on the eyes,

Fueled by the people, and brimming with life.

But no one could foresee, what the devs would later devise,

As when the new layout came, it was dimming with strife.

The people complained, with their efforts in vain,

To attempt to have it changed back to the way it was.

People left, describing it the very definition of pain,

And there was those who said, "That's what SoccerManager does."

Most banded together, to have their voices heard,

But the message couldn't strike, with that being their luck.

Even with the movement the people had stirred,

The masses asked themselves, [s']"Do they really give"[/s] "Had their efforts stuck?"

Woulda repped you

Okay, originally I was okay with the forum change, but something that just happened today made me even more euphoric! I was attempting to post a new custom concept onto the forums, and this means I have to make a large post with lots of formatting to make it look good. Well, I ran into all sorts of wonderful problems. First, I attempted to link something into a series of words on the post. I had to keep deleting because every time I tried to type past that, it very nicely kept linking the rest of the text. It took me 15 minutes to tell the website how wonderfully the layout was flattering me, but I didn't need it then, but it continued to be a true helper throughout the course of my wonderfully productive typing session. Moving on. I then made a title with a different font, size, and underlined it. When I attempted to make a subtitle with different styles and sizes, the text kept reverting to the title style and size as it very thoughtfully knew I wanted to do something else. When I deleted back to the title, hit return, and changed the style back, I noticed a large space in between my title and subtitle that had been very conveniently placed. 20 minutes later I had gotten rid of it after the word processor had stopped doing it for some terrible reason, but this problem also continued to flatter me during my typing session. Another very nice addition that I have been taking advantage of is the fact that I wonderfully continued to get "Invalid Server Response" messages that graciously spammed my screen throughout the course of my typing session due to the fact that the website was very thoughtfully logging me out constantly because I didn't check the beautiful "Remember Me" box when I logged in due to the fact that I am on a shared computer that I do not own, and I do not want somebody accidentally logging on as me when I'm off and adding some lovely changes to my profile. This thoughtfully continued consistently until halfway though the next part of my post it so very nicely took me back a page, and all that I had typed was wonderfully lost into the abyss because it very thoughtfully knew that I wanted everything deleted after working for over an hour. SM devs, I have been persistently enjoying all the wonderful features in this forum layout for a while, but I would appreciate it very much if you could tell the word processor and layout to very graciously stop trying to excessively flatter me. I know it eagerly wants to help graciously impede my typing, but I can do it myself. I wonderfully had to copy and paste this message to ensure I saved the whole of this message because I was very thoughtfully logged out during the course of typing this. Please SM Devs, do something, anything, but please try to add more wonderful problems to this layout. It's really causing be the most wonderful problems that one could ever have, and I'm starting to wonderfully believe that there are more wonderful impeding problems then awful benefits that horribly make my time here easier.

My Wonderfully Gracious Gratitude, Arsenalisbest.

I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on the forum now we've all had time to settle down. Not just your opinion on the layout, but also the community, do you see a future for this forum?

Personally, I don't mind this new layout at all. What is more concerning is the lack of activity on the forums, what used to be one of the more popular sections in the official club threads.. is now almost a ghost town with some major threads almost completely abandoned, threads that used to be extremely active pre-update. I don't get around a lot of the other sections in forums too much, so how is it elsewhere? Don't think I've seen a new forumer at all since the update either.

Hate it. Had been persisting with it in the hope it would improve and posting fairly regularly just so there was some activity, but just cannot be bothered with it any more. Its killed off some of the longest running running game world threads and even the 'help with deals' thread that saw pages and pages of posts every day is down to around 1-2 posts a day now. Its absolute garbage, and to be fair we've all told SM on numerous occasions. Massive shame to build something up to what this forum was at its height, then kill it all off with such a badly implemented change as this has been.

Some of us have joined facebook groups for the more popular gameworlds, but its not the same.

The forum is now just a bad joke, it used to be one of my favourite parts of the game but now it is finished and to be honest I can't see any way back for it. For me I am trying to stay active in the newsfeed but given that the messages only last for a day before disappearing it is hardly built for longevity.

I have cut down to three teams and I can honestly say I have contemplated leaving SM as a whole on more than one occasion recently.

Sad times|!