Sign in to follow this  
jlammy

David Silva or James

Right now, I could potentially make one of two deals:

• Get David Silva for Isco + 8 million.
  • Get James Rodriguez for Isco + 12 million.

I have a gut feeling that James is going to rise in rating soon, which is why this is a decision at all.

Isco has just, if not greater chance of rising as James. I would always recommend getting the Colombian but tbh I'd look at doing so in way which allows me to keep Isco as well. Both are top, young midfielders and I wouldn't say James is resoundingly better than Isco who I also rate highly.

See my squad below.

I only have 14 mil, and James costs 24 mil, so who should I sell?

Or should I just wait and hope to win league/cup and use the prize money to get James? :P

I personally, with my long-term approach, I would prefer to lose Xabi who looks unlikely to be playing at the top for too many more years. He only beats Zlatan as you look a bit weaker in attack than midfield. Both need long-term replacements.

Suarez would be the ideal replacement for Zlatan, but it would take a mega-deal from Barça, who are my main title rivals.

Also, I tend to play Xabi in defence, since I have a strong midfield. Apart from Sergio Busquets (who I won't prize away from Barça), there are no other 95-rated CBs.

Who do you reckon could become a top-quality CB? I already have Godin, but I don't see him rising to 95 any time soon...

Personally I'm prepared to sacrifice short-term rating gains when a top prospect is available who could be a mainstay of my squad for years to come... Godin is one of the best in the world (arguably the best CB in the world IMO) but near his SM max. You're unlikely to find a defender rated higher or likely to get that high as there's such a lack of them. Defenders as a result are much more valuable than the other positions. In terms of long, long-term, Marquinhos, Varane (who you have) and Laporte are definite big prospects. Hummels and Alaba are the only ready-made CBs with further potential I can think of. I'm afraid all are very obvious but when talking about 95 then only the elite come into consideration.

Ramos, Thiago, Godin, Lahm and Boateng with Varane as back-up justifies selling Xabi for James already for me tbh but it's your call if you have a more short-term approach I can certainly understand your reluctance

There's no right or wrong answer.

I can only repeat my first comment

I personally' date=' with my long-term approach, I would prefer to lose Xabi who looks unlikely to be playing at the top for too many more years. He only beats Zlatan as you look a bit weaker in attack than midfield. Both need long-term replacements. [/quote']

Dammit Xabi's rating went down before any one had bid :mad::mad::mad:

Now he's only worth 13 mil!!!

Sell Ibra if need be.

You've seen for yourself though now with who has recently dropped who are on downward spirals. Their values will only drop from now on.