Player value changed TWICE so far during transfer!

junky mail

I placed a bid for Reus for something like £21M from unmanaged club in my league, yesterday. I get a message back later saying bid refused! I look and discover his value has gone up to £22.7M approx. Strange I thought, however, I put a bid in for £23M which. I hadn't got any progress i.e 'bid accepted' message so I check. His value has now gone upto £26.6M! In the space of two days!!! What's going on here? Normally if a bid is too low it won't be accepted. A bid can't be accepted and then refused because the value of the player has suddenly been increased to over the amount of the bid! Twice in 2 days!!! Why is this happening? Thank you.

The value you're talking about is the 'chairman's value' (CV) and this changes dependent on the strength of the squad and/or the strength of the player's in the position in question.

A basic example, having Bale too would lower Reus' value more, than say Griezmann.

That's why I get frustrated when people say to me 'so and so is only worth X'... No that's how much my stupid chairman values him at (which is inevitably low due to my really strong, deep squads)

So the obvious suggestion is are other players in the squad being sold during your bids? If so and if it's competitive it's always wise to offer a few mill over CV.

That's usually the most common explanation. If that isn't happening I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions as that's always been the case for me.

Thanks 7yrs, that makes sense. The club (Liverpool) I am buying Reus from had a strong squad and mine is very strong, Since the manager of Liverpool has left there has been a feeding frenzy by other clubs for its top players (all other buyers are non managed teams out of the league). So yes, as more players leave Liverpool Reus' value goes up. Anyway, Dortmund have come in for him now with just over what I've got to spend, so I'll probably get Rakitic instead now :)

Thanks 7yrs' date=' that makes sense. The club (Liverpool) I am buying Reus from had a strong squad and mine is very strong, Since the manager of Liverpool has left there has been a feeding frenzy by other clubs for its top players (all other buyers are non managed teams out of the league). So yes, as more players leave Liverpool Reus' value goes up. Anyway, Dortmund have come in for him now with just over what I've got to spend, so I'll probably get Rakitic instead now :) [/quote']

Exactly as I imagined, least you know for next time.

Rakitic has a strong shot at 93 BTW.