Sign in to follow this  
jlammy

Who to buy to replace Zlatan?

I have received a bid for Zlatan of 22 million which I am likely to accept; I already have 15 million. I am stuck, however, on his replacement. Here are the potential options I have drawn up:

1. Buy Luis Suarez : This would take a mega bid. Barcelona are my main title rivals, and I would need to submit a bid worth around 40 million. I could do this by using Gotze in a part-exchange deal. Gotze has had limited appearances this season, coming on mainly as a substitute (2 starts, 5 off the bench in 11 games of the season so far) and in cup games, where I always rest main striker CR7. Despite the obvious regrets of selling a young player, Gotze has progressed slowly at Bayern (irl), where he is struggling to be a regular starter.
  2. Buy Muller/Costa/Lewandowski/Benzema (descending price order): All players would cost between 25-27 million and are direct replacements for Zlatan.
  3. Buy Bale/di Maria: Although neither can play at striker, they could play on the wing and Robben can be shifted to CF if necessary. Bale will cost about 27.3 million and di Maria 26.8 million.

I would appreciate any advice.

I have received a bid for Zlatan of 22 million which I am likely to accept; I already have 15 million. I am stuck' date=' however, on his replacement. Here are the potential options I have drawn up:
  1. Buy Luis Suarez : This would take a mega bid. Barcelona are my main title rivals, and I would need to submit a bid worth around 40 million. I could do this by using Gotze in a part-exchange deal. Gotze has had limited appearances this season, coming on mainly as a substitute (2 starts, 5 off the bench in 11 games of the season so far) and in cup games, where I always rest main striker CR7. Despite the obvious regrets of selling a young player, Gotze has progressed slowly at Bayern (irl), where he is struggling to be a regular starter.
  2. Buy Muller/Costa/Lewandowski/Benzema (descending price order): All players would cost between 25-27 million and are direct replacements for Zlatan.
  3. Buy Bale/di Maria: Although neither can play at striker, they could play on the wing and Robben can be shifted to CF if necessary. Bale will cost about 27.3 million and di Maria 26.8 million.

I would appreciate any advice.

As tempting as Suarez is even though he doesn't play I would find it hard to part with gotze , for me lewandowski is the most promising of the 4 and probably bale from the other 2 , test the water and try for Suarez first though

Hey don't sell Gotze.He is amazing player and I am sure he would rise to peak this season.You would regret selling him.So now CF,22+15=37 million.For this you can but Muller .He would be the best or even Lewandowski.And from the rest of money buy Belarabbi or calhanoglu .They are rising stars of bundesliga.You can buy Depay too.And my opinion would be to buy De bruyne by selling any attacking midfielder.You can buy Arnold at a cheap ate and he would surely rise a lot.And don't forget sterling.Hope this helps.