Manager Log In

There are numerous factors that make a good Game World. I'm not going to go into them all now as i'm only going to highlight one - manager activity. I believe if you have active managers in a Game World then it helps make it a good one. I don't think there's anything worse than a manager logging in for example once a month just to keep their teams. I think this damages the Game World as the club becomes dead. You can't buy any of their players, you can't interact with their manager, their team gets NMF etc. Therefore we're looking to change the number of days required to log into to a Game World before you lose your club. I'm thinking of 14 days. What's everyone else's view?

There are numerous factors that make a good Game World. I'm not going to go into them all now as i'm only going to highlight one - manager activity. I believe if you have active managers in a Game World then it helps make it a good one. I don't think there's anything worse than a manager logging in for example once a month just to keep their teams. I think this damages the Game World as the club becomes dead. You can't buy any of their players' date=' you can't interact with their manager, their team gets NMF etc. Therefore we're looking to change the number of days required to log into to a Game World before you lose your club. I'm thinking of 14 days. What's everyone else's view?[/quote']

I have always been against the 30 day rule as its far too long and makes a game world prone to inactivity. Regular participation in a gameworld is paramount to achieving a healthy competitive game world. While this can be considered an online game, the idea that one can keep a team by logging in once a month is unbelievable. The 30 day rule also voids the need to respond to transfer bids as bids are automatically rejected after 14 days. 14 days is more than enough time to log in and mirrors the time limit to respond to transfer bids. I feel that far too many gameworlds are stagnating because the lack of activity. And speaking of inactivity, if the lack of activity on the forum is anything to go by, the game runs the risk of losing public interest.

I have always been against the 30 day rule as its far too long and makes a game world prone to inactivity. Regular participation in a gameworld is paramount to achieving a healthy competitive game world. While this can be considered an online game' date=' the idea that one can keep a team by logging in once a month is unbelievable. The 30 day rule also voids the need to respond to transfer bids as bids are automatically rejected after 14 days. 14 days is more than enough time to log in and mirrors the time limit to respond to transfer bids. I feel that far too many gameworlds are stagnating because the lack of activity. And speaking of inactivity, if the lack of activity on the forum is anything to go by, the game runs the risk of losing public interest. [/quote']

Personally I think 21 days is more realistic, you've got to keep in mind all those people that go abroad on holiday and have no internet access, most of them will lose all their teams as a result of that. 14 is too short, 1 day travelling over, 14 nights on holiday, 1 day travelling back. Minimum for me should be 21.

I do think 14 for responding to transfer offers is too long, 7 is probably better.

Another thing I think needs looking at is the way clubs are offered out when they become unmanaged. Currently they seem to get offered to managers that are inactive more often than not. In EC7046 which has a full 80 managers, jobs have been offered to one manager that hadn't logged in for 23 days, one was at 16 days, and amazingly one to a manager who's banned.

I also agree with Amar's last comment

I feel that far too many gameworlds are stagnating because the lack of activity. And speaking of inactivity' date=' if the lack of activity on the forum is anything to go by, the game runs the risk of losing public interest.[/font']

This is something I seem to have been banging on about far too much recently and I'm bored of saying it, but the game is in bad shape at the minute. A lot of the recent changes have detracted from the experience, not added to it, and a lot of people that have been playing for years are starting to give up. I've been with SM for 8 years and I think I may have reached the end of my rope with it as well.

The match engine is really poor (which I think you know already Steven), the transfer system is broken and its very hard to deal with other managers as a result (chairman valuations are the wrong way round), and the forum, for years the best part of the game, has died a death since the change. A lot of us are using facebook groups now instead for the leagues we're in.

All my comments sound very negative, and I'm sorry for that, but I, like a lot of other experienced managers are feeling like we're being driven away.

The match engine is really poor (which I think you know already Steven)' date=' the transfer system is broken and its very hard to deal with other managers as a result (chairman valuations are the wrong way round), and the forum, for years the best part of the game, has died a death since the change. A lot of us are using facebook groups now instead for the leagues we're in.

All my comments sound very negative, and I'm sorry for that, but I, like a lot of other experienced managers are feeling like we're being driven away.[/quote']

Approve.

Anyway, I see GW with teams like Real Madrid or Juventus or PSG free. The problem is the poor game, not the people who log in 15+ days.

First, a better game engine can give a better interest.

People get bored for the reasons described in the past.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/forum/sm-worlds/soccer-manager-game-development/suggestions-improvements

SM staff doesn't read the forum, many users said why they're gone.

Guys please and keep on topic if you want to digress and talk about other areas of the game, please feel free to create a new thread as we can debate in there.

Re the 14 day log in it was a number I threw out there to get the debate rolling. I don't think having Holiday Mode is a brilliant idea as a lot of other games i've played / researched don't seem to have it and it has become a lazy option for some switching it on (can look at a manager in my Game World as an example as he seems to have it on the majority of the time). 21 days as some of you have suggested on here as well as twitter sounds more sensible as the majority of people don't go on holiday for more than 3 weeks unless they're back packing or similar.

The number of log in days will change so if you want to offer your views on this then now's the time.

I just said in a previous improvement thread 18 days which covers two weeks holiday with days to spare but I also said if not lower I'd be all for 14 days BUT you need to keep holiday mode for Gold members especially if it goes to 14 but as you said in another thread and i quote "Isn't it a sign of the times" well in this case yes as you can access the internet practically anywhere and on mobile so no excuse 14 or 18 i think more so and 21 a tad to long and 18 being in the middle sounds just about perfect to me.

Well if you are going to implement this idea then please PLEASE make an option in admin panel to allow to change it back to 30 or make it 21 or leave it at 14. There really has to be more overall options in admin panel to make a gameworld how its members want it to be. It includes squad sizes, transfer ban time and other things that didn't cross my mind at this moment.

You can make 14 days by default and I will support this idea but ONLY IF there's an option in admin panel to change it to 21 or 30 days which allows the members of gameworld to decide. 14 days and no chance to change it could really kill my gameworld.

If the time span is shorter everyone gold or not should be allowed at least 1 holiday mode per year. I would also allow one vote per season in each game world initiated by any member to change the log in time to any value from 10 - 30 days. Surely it would also be possible to start leagues with log ins between 10 - 45 days to suit all tastes , so you know what you are getting into before you start.

However surely the big problem isn't just the time period but those managers who only log in , to log in once per month. Surely they should get a mark against their account in that gw and after say 3 successive long log in time the chairman warns them , then sacks them .

Well if you are going to implement this idea then please PLEASE make an option in admin panel to allow to change it back to 30 or make it 21 or leave it at 14. There really has to be more overall options in admin panel to make a gameworld how its members want it to be. It includes squad sizes' date=' transfer ban time and other things that didn't cross my mind at this moment.

You can make 14 days by default and I will support this idea but ONLY IF there's an option in admin panel to change it to 21 or 30 days which allows the members of gameworld to decide. 14 days and no chance to change it could really kill my gameworld.[/quote']

The owner of a Custom Game World can set the log in time required for their Game World and have been able to for a good number of years.