Ye Olde English Invitational

BLYTH SPARTANS

With us just having one player we could sell for more than 10k (Nicholson 74 rated worth 250k) we have had to build a whole team with the 30 million transfer kitty.

We went with two free agent signings that will be good for a quick turnover:

Abou Diaby (86) paid 2.1M value 7.1M

El Hamdaoui (85) paid 1.8M value 4.7M

Our marquee player is Brazilian youngster Barbosa Gabriel (84) who we shelved out 4.7 Million for.

We also picked up Ake(80), Weigl(82), Lucao(80), Rafa (78), L.Pereira(78), Gaudino(78), Pozo(77), A.Periera(76), Battala(76) & J.Gabriel(75).

We are left will 9M cash to bring in a rb,winger, goalkeeper and centre back.

Hopefully we can pick up a couple of decent loan players in the mid 80's, gives a shout if anybody has players for loan.

EDIT:

Eric Bailly joins up at Blyth for 2.35M leaving us 6.7M to get a RB, Winger and a GK.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That would be me - no worries

Blyth Spartan have dropped three points off the lead in division 4 but we are now the only unbeaten club in the setup with 8 wins and 3 draws.

Posted Images

[uSER=89835]drseanfitz[/uSER] No worries Sean I was just bidding for players in my budget range, I got Buchel(83) for 100k less than Lingard so that position is now sorted.

On Lindergaard the keeper we only have 2 mill to spend so he is out of our price range I am afraid.

[uSER=32766]craigm1984[/uSER] I think we will manage to get a keeper for 2 mill so don't think we would need Scuffet but if that fails we might knock your door.

BLYTH SPARTANS

We managed to sign Marcel Buchel for 1.6 mill who will flip for 4.1 and Barca right back Pereira Douglas who knocked us back on first bid seems to have accepted second time round hopefully this goes through.

Loving everyone's work so far!

Pretty happy with how things have gone at the bridge so far.

Lost out on Verratti but in comes J.Boateng, Varane, Pogba, James Rodriguez & Lewandowski.

All in 2-for-1 deals

Courtois

Ivanovic

Boateng

Azpilicueta

Rodriguez

Pogba

Matic

Fabregas

Hazard

Costa

Lewandowski

GK

Zouma

Varane

Luis

Mikel

Ramires

Moses

4530.jpg

The last piece of the Blyth puzzle is now in place as old stickman Tom Starke joins up at Spartans for 1.45M.

With just a few hundred k left in the kitty that is us done in the market, our average rating is 83 so hopefully we can grab a couple of loan players to boost that up a point or two.

If anyone has any outfield players available for loan please give us a shout as one or two 80+ rated players could change our starting average and maybe make the difference in the upcoming season.

07b52b045e0e.png

Official: Pompey appoint Mark M. as their new manager!

Portsmouth wrote on their official website:

"Portsmouth F. C. are delighted to welcome Mark M. on Fratton Park as new first team manager."

The Romanian manager told the media this morning:

"I'd like to thank the board for their confidence in me.. Very happy to be here at Portsmouth."

Watford TRANSFERS IN

Neto for 6 mil

Lulic for 9 mil and Arlauskis

Afellay for 4 mil

J. Guttierez for 3 mil

Niang for Forrestieri and Fabbrini

Nordtveit for 700k, Hoban and Savic

Lens for Motta and Murray

Yanga-Mbiwa for Cathcart and Bond

Gonalons for 8.8 mil and Ekstrand

In short, we have spent 22.5 mil of the 30mil given to us. 9 players brought in with 10 going out.

The emphasis at Watford was at strengthening the defence. Lulic, Mapou and Nordtveit have ticked off that box. Prodl will integrate with the trio. Neto was also brought in between the sticks.

In the midfield area, Gonalons will be flanked by Layun and Jonas, adding some grit to the midfield.

Afellay, Niang and Lens will form our attack.

Manager Rahul is pleased with the transfers he has made and is hoping for survival in the first season. He is aware that rivals have strengthened and he hopes to guide Watford to a mid-table finish at best.

PRE-SEASON:

D1 opponents: Stoke (1-1), Liverpool (0-1), Arsenal (0-1), Swansea (0-0), Man Utd (4-2)

D2 opponents: Brentford (1-2)

D3 opponents: unmanaged Gillingham (2-0), unmanaged Oldham Athletic (2-1)

D4 opponents: Southend (2-1), unmanaged Crawley Town (9-0)

Tight draws against Stoke and Swansea, and marginal losses against Pool and Arsenal. The win against Utd, boasting the likes of Thiago Silva, de Gea, Messi, Ronaldo, Mata, Alaba etc.) were downed by tiny Watford. Only a friendly, but confidence is high.

Lost to Brentford in a poor display by us.

4 wins out of 4 against D3 and D4 teams, three unmanaged so can't say much about those, 9-0 against Crawley was disappointing, Reading beat them 11-0. Shame.

Ready for the season, tough start against Arsenal and Chelski first two games but we shall do our best!

​Good luck!

iProStadium_Image-e1420463631957.jpg

"Sylv : Derby are aiming for promotion!"

Today, the new manager of Derby County, Sylv, had an interview with the local reporters of the Derby Telegraph, as we prepare for the first game of the season tonight, against Blackpool.

"The club chairman, mr Morris gave me a chance and I hope me and the players can repay his trust with a promotion at the end of the season.

My first important task at this club was to bring on board new faces who can help us in our endeavours. And I think we got the best we could of the transfer market, with Barcelona's Ivan Rakitic as the ultimate star for us. He will also be the team captain this season. But every single one of the new players will be used this season. Since the depth of the team will clearly be on the low, I wanted to bring players who can play in multiple positions along the pitch.

I hope to see a lot of supporters tonight and do a great match!"