Development Schedule

I thought it would be better to expand on the work that we're currently undertaking so you have a better idea and it also includes some changes as well as new work based on the feedback on our forums as well as the Google Hangouts. I think this is quite a detailed summary and it's a lot for you to take in and digest. So grab yourself a brew, sit back and read on...

Multiplayer Design Description

MATCH ENGINE

Engine

The improvements made to the backend Match Engine in the Single Player game will be ported back to PHP and used in the multiplayer game.

Overview of the engine improvements:

• Formation balancing - improved the results obtained with modern formations.
  • Player Ratings have an exponential value in a match, so the better players will be even better for your team.
  • Added more formations such as 4-2-3-1 narrow and 4-4-2 narrow diamond. Also made some alterations to existing formations so that they perform better in the match engine.
  • Made player position penalties harsher. Examples include fullbacks not playing as well in a 3 man defense, wingers not playing as well one position infield from the wing etc.
  • Removed some player / team instructions / styles that were covered by other options that have been left in.
    • Attacking Style means there is an increased contribution from your midfielders against the opposition's midfielders and defense on the designated side of attack. Some examples of the effects of this are: An opportunity to exploit a 3 man defense as they score poorly for left and right sided defense, so playing with wingers will be successful; Trying to play down the middle with less midfielders in the centre than the opposition will worsen your midfield contribution to attack.
    • Selecting a Playmaker will skew the attacking style slightly based on the playmakers position.
    • Passing Style
      • “Short” improves defense slightly, worsens attack slightly.
      • “Direct” improves attack slightly, worsens defense slightly.
      • “Longball” bypasses the midfield vs midfield “battle” and produces a slightly random result - works well for underdogs, quite random in success for better teams against worse teams.

[*]Tempo

• “Slow” improves defense slightly and reduces fitness loss slightly
      • “Fast” improves attack slightly and increases fitness loss slightly

[*]Pressing

• “Own Area” improves defense slightly and reduces attack slightly
      • “All Over” improves attack slightly and reduces defense slightly.

[*]Mentality

• As before - self explanatory

[*]Tackling Style

• As before, increased aggression = better defense at expense of increased changes of cards.

[*]Improved match stats such as possession, corners and shots and player match ratings that are produced.

UI / Commentary

The score centre will be an improved to look more like the single player one (if there is time to do this).

The commentary improvements from the single player game will be moved across (if possible, needs looking into)

SQUAD SIZES / ECONOMY

Player Values

The algorithm for calculating a player's value has been changed to also include the player's potential rating and their morale, as well as what was taken into account before: rating; age; position.

The players potential rating is the same value that is worked out on a daily cron and used in the single player game.

As a player's morale decreases, so does his value. This should help stop “player hogging” as players who are not played and develop concerns will now also lose value. This should also help smaller clubs pick up better players for cheaper than their value and increase that value as the players morale increases.

Player values will be the same for all clubs looking at the same player, meaning big clubs can compete for players again. There is a small range from the minimum bid possible and maximum bid possible. To increase the emphasis on cash in the game, clubs with more cash have a greater max cap to bid for a player.

Players are also worth the same when offering in part exchange deals. There is no longer one chairman valuing a different from the other.

Player Wages

Player wages are being drastically increased for better players, this should help stop “player hogging” and force people to sell top players they are not using.

Player Concerns

Player concerns can no longer be bought off.

Player concerns will remain with 5 levels of concern, and run 3 times a season, meaning a player would finally leave a club after 1.66 seasons (if seasons are 3 months, then after 5 months).

MANAGER ACTIVITY

Transfers

Transfers auto collapsed after 7 days instead of 14.

Increase the number of loan players you can take in from 3 to 5 players.

More intelligent loan / transfer bids from AI teams. Clubs will only make bids for players that would actually get game time, needs to look at squad and decide.

Can only do cash-only deals for players at unmanaged / external clubs.

Can no longer set players to unavailable or set a minimum fee.

Logging In

Remove Holiday Mode.

Keeping the number of days you have to log into a game world to be every 30 days.

Have it so that a team plays worse when you are only logging in every 30 days to keep the team. Reduce player ratings passed into match engine when not logging in at least twice a week.

CHEATING / SMFA

Cheating

When caught cheating, there will be no deals between the two managers for a week.

The SMFA won’t block transfers now as the player values have been adjusted to prevent unfair deals / noobs getting fleeced.

Allow them to send a support ticket in which will be read by human.

NEW USERS / GAMEWORLDS

Game World Search

We have devised an algorithm which will calculate a rating for a Game World based on how active and social the game world is. A more social Game World has friends that are all friends with each other (more deeply linked). Higher scoring Game Worlds will appear higher on Game World searches / listings.

Game Worlds will also be grouped by a language so that english speaking players will be directed to english speaking game worlds etc.

Game World search is also getting a redesign which is beyond the scope of this document.

Game World Reputation

Game Worlds that have 15+ active managers will be classed as a “High Reputation Game World” and will only be accessible to users with a reputation of 42+. These Game Worlds will not show in searches or be available to new users unless they have been given a referral code to get in.

“Low Reputation Game Worlds” will be classed as Game Worlds that have been created for new users specifically, or Game Worlds that have dropped below 5 active managers. These Game Worlds will be the ones accessible to new users.

It is hoped that by keeping new users away from “High Reputation Game Worlds”, the quality of these Game Worlds will remain high, and it also means that Game Worlds that are dying and become “Low Reputation” will be given a shot in the arm by flooding new users in when they get to pre-season.

“Dead Game Worlds” will be closed down when there is only one active manager left in them.

New Users

New users (Rep

STADIUM BUILDING / ATTENDANCES

Stadium Building

The max capacity a stadium can be built to is currently 24,000 which is not enough for smaller clubs coming from lower divisions to remain competitive. This will be either be increased to a more realistic value.

Attendances

Revise the algorithm that calculates the attendances a club receives so it's more line with their current success.

All the changes sound great & very exciting part from this little one...

The amount of spam offers is crazy in some game worlds & some not bright users are unable to accept a manager may wish to keep his players for that season or the original club squad.

Personally thought a great compromise would be you can set players as 'unavailable' in season but in the off season the option is not available & any player can be bid for.

The max capacity a stadium can be built to is currently 24,000 which is not enough for smaller clubs coming from lower divisions to remain competitive. This will be either be increased to a more realistic value.

Thats a biggie! Ive had a Rochdale for many many seasons and we've been regulars in div 1. Problem is stadium expansion has capped out at 25392 (and I have an average attendance of less than the best div 3 side). Now I used to keep a small good squad but debts spiralled out of control and Id always have to sell a star so instead I "player hogged (theres only one other active manager and he has more players than i do) and have a squad of 95 players. Now I wasnt smart and been too lazy to loan them all out so again my debts spiral to over 50 million. So allowing me to get a stadium that would go a long way to stopping me player hogging and making me competitive. Of course its just anecdotal but I feel its a very common thing.

Guest Redsky

Thats a biggie! Ive had a Rochdale for many many seasons and we've been regulars in div 1. Problem is stadium expansion has capped out at 25392 (and I have an average attendance of less than the best div 3 side). Now I used to keep a small good squad but debts spiralled out of control and Id always have to sell a star so instead I "player hogged (theres only one other active manager and he has more players than i do) and have a squad of 95 players. Now I wasnt smart and been too lazy to loan them all out so again my debts spiral to over 50 million. So allowing me to get a stadium that would go a long way to stopping me player hogging and making me competitive. Of course its just anecdotal but I feel its a very common thing.

Need more information though. The paragraph Steve wrote seemed to suggest a second option (but he only wrote one). So is the increase planned to be automated or manager bought with money. [uSER=88039]Steven[/uSER]

That's all well and good (cheating thing) does scare me though and not happy about the log in times but MORE THAN ANYTHING I'd love to see this very small improvement 'More Stat Tracking' Since I joined SM there's been 2 things I've wanted more than anything and it's on the 'Club Records' page. Adding most capped player and most goals scored to that page would BE LIKE A XMAS present and you could also add assists ect there's loads of stat tracking i'd like to see but the first two are the most important.

Also a Transfer Rumour Newsfeed: Another game i played had something like this it generated rumours in a boxed window newsfeed in the top of the screen. It was randomly generated though but if you were to get a balance by making it random generated and user generated ( i wont say how i would go about doing that here as it's easily exploited and could become very annoying.) But it's just the idea of the transfer rumour newsfeed i hope you guys look into as it was one of the BEST things i've come across on a web based single player soccer management game.

Here is the link to the game which doesn't exist that had it , i'm pretty sure they stole a lot of sm ideas as they have a account on this forum as a lot of things were similar to sm but look at top lefter corner for the newsfeed but remember that was randomly generated 'as far as i know' but a balance between the two would be a great addition. It'd be like our very own goal.com or whatever site you use in our own gameworlds.

TJcImb8cceM

I thought it would be better to expand on the work that we're currently undertaking so you have a better idea and it also includes some changes as well as new work based on the feedback on our forums as well as the Google Hangouts. I think this is quite a detailed summary and it's a lot for you to take in and digest. So grab yourself a brew' date=' sit back and read on...[/font']

MATCH ENGINE

Engine

The improvements made to the backend Match Engine in the Single Player game will be ported back to PHP and used in the multiplayer game.

• Player Ratings have an exponential value in a match, so the better players will be even better for your team.
  • Added more formations such as 4-2-3-1 narrow and 4-4-2 narrow diamond. Also made some alterations to existing formations so that they perform better in the match engine.
  • Made player position penalties harsher. Examples include fullbacks not playing as well in a 3 man defense, wingers not playing as well one position infield from the wing etc.
  • Removed some player / team instructions / styles that were covered by other options that have been left in.
    • Attacking Style means there is an increased contribution from your midfielders against the opposition's midfielders and defense on the designated side of attack. Some examples of the effects of this are: An opportunity to exploit a 3 man defense as they score poorly for left and right sided defense, so playing with wingers will be successful; Trying to play down the middle with less midfielders in the centre than the opposition will worsen your midfield contribution to attack.
    • Selecting a Playmaker will skew the attacking style slightly based on the playmakers position.
    • Passing Style
      • Short improves defense slightly, worsens attack slightly.
      • Direct improves attack slightly, worsens defense slightly.
      • Longball bypasses the midfield vs midfield battle and produces a slightly random result - works well for underdogs, quite random in success for better teams against worse teams.

[*]Tempo

• Slow improves defense slightly and reduces fitness loss slightly
      • Fast improves attack slightly and increases fitness loss slightly

[*]Pressing

• Own Area improves defense slightly and reduces attack slightly
      • All Over improves attack slightly and reduces defense slightly.

[*]Mentality

[*]Tackling Style

• As before, increased aggression = better defense at expense of increased changes of cards.

[*]Improved match stats such as possession, corners and shots and player match ratings that are produced.

UI / Commentary

The score centre will be an improved to look more like the single player one (if there is time to do this).

The commentary improvements from the single player game will be moved across (if possible, needs looking into)

SQUAD SIZES / ECONOMY

Player Values

The algorithm for calculating a player's value has been changed to also include the player's potential rating and their morale, as well as what was taken into account before: rating; age; position.

The players potential rating is the same value that is worked out on a daily cron and used in the single player game.

As a player's morale decreases, so does his value. This should help stop player hogging as players who are not played and develop concerns will now also lose value. This should also help smaller clubs pick up better players for cheaper than their value and increase that value as the players morale increases.

Player values will be the same for all clubs looking at the same player, meaning big clubs can compete for players again. There is a small range from the minimum bid possible and maximum bid possible. To increase the emphasis on cash in the game, clubs with more cash have a greater max cap to bid for a player.

Players are also worth the same when offering in part exchange deals. There is no longer one chairman valuing a different from the other.

Player Wages

Player wages are being drastically increased for better players, this should help stop player hogging and force people to sell top players they are not using.

Player Concerns

Player concerns will remain with 5 levels of concern, and run 3 times a season, meaning a player would finally leave a club after 1.66 seasons (if seasons are 3 months, then after 5 months).

MANAGER ACTIVITY

Transfers

More intelligent loan / transfer bids from AI teams. Clubs will only make bids for players that would actually get game time, needs to look at squad and decide.

Logging In

Remove Holiday Mode.

Keeping the number of days you have to log into a game world to be every 30 days.

Have it so that a team plays worse when you are only logging in every 30 days to keep the team. Reduce player ratings passed into match engine when not logging in at least twice a week.

CHEATING / SMFA

Cheating

When caught cheating, there will be no deals between the two managers for a week.

The SMFA wont block transfers now as the player values have been adjusted to prevent unfair deals / noobs getting fleeced.

NEW USERS / GAMEWORLDS

Game World Search

We have devised an algorithm which will calculate a rating for a Game World based on how active and social the game world is. A more social Game World has friends that are all friends with each other (more deeply linked). Higher scoring Game Worlds will appear higher on Game World searches / listings.

Game Worlds will also be grouped by a language so that english speaking players will be directed to english speaking game worlds etc.

Game World search is also getting a redesign which is beyond the scope of this document.

Game World Reputation

Game Worlds that have 15+ active managers will be classed as a High Reputation Game World and will only be accessible to users with a reputation of 42+. These Game Worlds will not show in searches or be available to new users unless they have been given a referral code to get in.

Low Reputation Game Worlds will be classed as Game Worlds that have been created for new users specifically, or Game Worlds that have dropped below 5 active managers. These Game Worlds will be the ones accessible to new users.

It is hoped that by keeping new users away from High Reputation Game Worlds, the quality of these Game Worlds will remain high, and it also means that Game Worlds that are dying and become Low Reputation will be given a shot in the arm by flooding new users in when they get to pre-season.

Dead Game Worlds will be closed down when there is only one active manager left in them.

New Users

New users (Rep < 42) will have to log in every 7 days.

Stadium Building

Attendances

Revise the algorithm that calculates the attendances a club receives so it's more line with their current success.

This is great, but i need to ask something - Will managers who aren't GOLD MEMBERS be able to manage a team in SMFA competitions?

So far i love staidum adjustments, the 42 rep gameworld should at least make it harder for cheating new accounts and even shelter noobs a little from economies that are very different for a short while. In fact there is so much good here ill only adress what i dont 100% love! (testament to you guys!)

Performnace dropping after not logging in for a while - This is unfair. I log in every day, but others cannot. Now twice a week seems like what a reasonable player should do, but with no holiday mode basically if i go on hooliday for a week (god help me how dare i?) My teams will suffer even if i have done my best to make the teams good before i leave. How about we oput a much bigger penalty on NMF or even NMF - NOT ABLE TO PLAY, and then people not doing their best before not logging in for a while dont get punished by fielding 100% players (theyll still cop it form inj, suspensions affecting them as is)

same as the tests gameworld though i am very very concerned with the ptoential rating... This is something (the only thing) that needs to be scrapped. Who are you to decide potential.Also in the game players with more potential will require more money to buy as there will be com petition at external and wont be dsold for CV from managed. What is th e point of scouting, following players etc, if Sm are just gonna decide to put values on it. The current economical system provides for potential of players. I dont want to have to pay 2x the amount for a player because you think theyll be awesome and they do not become. This whole idea defeats the purpose of players deciding values. Why not just put CV as Max bid seeing as you and not the manager and now deciding what palyers are worth in the future.

Everything else is 100% sounding great and so glad you are working hard but i can and will rant all day at the proposed potential value in the MP which is affected by real life performnace rather than an algorithm like SP or FIFA. surely you can see how this doesnt correlate into the MP.

Cam

This is great' date=' but i need to ask something - Will managers who aren't GOLD MEMBERS be able to manage a team in SMFA competitions?[/quote']

This. People have lives outside the game and sometimes may not be able to log in. Unfair to punish them for real life work pressures or going on holiday.

I thought it would be better to expand on the work that we're currently undertaking so you have a better idea and it also includes some changes as well as new work based on the feedback on our forums as well as the Google Hangouts. I think this is quite a detailed summary and it's a lot for you to take in and digest. So grab yourself a brew' date=' sit back and read on...[/font']

MATCH ENGINE

Engine

• Passing Style
      • Longball bypasses the midfield vs midfield battle and produces a slightly random result - works well for underdogs, quite random in success for better teams against worse teams.

[*]Tempo

[*]Pressing

[*]Mentality

[*]Tackling Style

UI / Commentary

SQUAD SIZES / ECONOMY

Player Values

As a player's morale decreases, so does his value. This should help stop player hogging as players who are not played and develop concerns will now also lose value. This should also help smaller clubs pick up better players for cheaper than their value and increase that value as the players morale increases.

Player Wages

Player wages are being drastically increased for better players, this should help stop player hogging and force people to sell top players they are not using.

Player Concerns

MANAGER ACTIVITY

Transfers

Logging In

Remove Holiday Mode.

CHEATING / SMFA

Cheating

The SMFA wont block transfers now as the player values have been adjusted to prevent unfair deals / noobs getting fleeced.

NEW USERS / GAMEWORLDS

Game World Search

Game World Reputation

Game Worlds that have 15+ active managers will be classed as a High Reputation Game World and will only be accessible to users with a reputation of 42+. These Game Worlds will not show in searches or be available to new users unless they have been given a referral code to get in.

Low Reputation Game Worlds will be classed as Game Worlds that have been created for new users specifically, or Game Worlds that have dropped below 5 active managers. These Game Worlds will be the ones accessible to new users.

It is hoped that by keeping new users away from High Reputation Game Worlds, the quality of these Game Worlds will remain high, and it also means that Game Worlds that are dying and become Low Reputation will be given a shot in the arm by flooding new users in when they get to pre-season.

Dead Game Worlds will be closed down when there is only one active manager left in them.

New Users

Stadium Building

Attendances

I agree with SM new address, finally I'd say!!! Very happy to read all Steven lines!!! :):):)

Just some worries about new player' values.

MATCH ENGINE

Engine

• Passing Style

[*]Tempo

[*]Pressing

[*]Mentality

[*]Tackling Style

UI / Commentary

SQUAD SIZES / ECONOMY

Player Values

Player Wages

Player Concerns

MANAGER ACTIVITY

Transfers

Logging In

Remove Holiday Mode.

CHEATING / SMFA

Cheating

NEW USERS / GAMEWORLDS

Game World Search

Game World Reputation

New Users

Stadium Building

Attendances

When can we expect these changes to be implemented?

I'm still not sold on the new play valuations but we'll see how that goes.

was also wondering when the big update to SM Worlds is expected' date=' I know everything's being tested in the Pavilion gameworld first...[/quote']

Same on this. The problem i'm seeing with the valuations is that...

1. The players values don't increase after they rise, so small teams won't be able to play the riser game at all, which in turn means that the 'little club challenge' managers amongst us will find it impossible to make much headway.
  2. The starting rating for players coming onto the database used to be 70 and what we saw was lots of managers buying hundreds of 70's because it cost them virtually nothing to do so. That was increased to 75 to stop this as its significantly more expensive to buy 75 rated players to 70's. However, because of the new player valuations, you can now buy hundreds of higher rated players cheaper than you could buy 75's on the old system. For example, a search for 79 rated players 21 years old or under brings up hundreds of players that are available for less than 500k, some as low as 200k. My fear is there that we might see managers buying lots of players in the same way that we used to see back in the bad old days...

1. The players values don't increase after they rise' date=' so small teams won't be able to play the riser game at all, which in turn means that the 'little club challenge' managers amongst us will find it impossible to make much headway.
    [*']The starting rating for players coming onto the database used to be 70 and what we saw was lots of managers buying hundreds of 70's because it cost them virtually nothing to do so. That was increased to 75 to stop this as its significantly more expensive to buy 75 rated players to 70's. However, because of the new player valuations, you can now buy hundreds of higher rated players cheaper than you could buy 75's on the old system. For example, a search for 79 rated players 21 years old or under brings up hundreds of players that are available for less than 500k, some as low as 200k. My fear is there that we might see managers buying lots of players in the same way that we used to see back in the bad old days...

Surely it won't go down like that by reading what you wrote it sounds completely flawed and not game changing but game ruining change.

Surely it won't go down like that by reading what you wrote it sounds completely flawed and not game changing but game ruining change.

Thats currently how it is in the Pavillion game world which is being used to test the new updates (I should probably post my comments over in that thread as well), but yeah thats looking like the plan as it stands.

All the changes sound great & very exciting part from this little one...

The amount of spam offers is crazy in some game worlds & some not bright users are unable to accept a manager may wish to keep his players for that season or the original club squad.

Personally thought a great compromise would be you can set players as 'unavailable' in season but in the off season the option is not available & any player can be bid for.

Seriously' date=' what the hell is this change? Nothing says good game design like making it easier to grief people.

I've quit game worlds before over a guy that would repeatedly make "offers" on a player over and over and over before I discovered the unavailable feature. It's a necessary anti-griefing measure.

Canning it is slightly less silly than the proposed "concerned players have their value gimped" thing that I cannot believe they are actually going to take live, but only slightly.

Really don't understand why some of these changes ever made it off the drawing board into a test world, let alone possibly letting them go live. It's a shame because some other areas the changes look quite interesting and productive, but they are mixed in with a couple utterly bizarre changes that are going to do absolutely nothing but diminish the game.

I've enjoyed this game for several years, but I am extremely concerned about where this seems to be going based on the test feedback that was asked for, and the general developer response (or lack thereof) in certain areas.

"More intelligent loan / transfer bids from AI teams. Clubs will only make bids for players that would actually get game time, needs to look at squad and decide."

On the other hand, this is a great change and I'm happy to see it happen. It's quite funny when some first division club will take a 78 rated 19 year old on loan, when he'd be much better off on a fourth division club. It will be more realistic and also more interesting. Good change.

1. The players values don't increase after they rise' date=' so small teams won't be able to play the riser game at all, which in turn means that the 'little club challenge' managers amongst us will find it impossible to make much headway.
    [*']The starting rating for players coming onto the database used to be 70 and what we saw was lots of managers buying hundreds of 70's because it cost them virtually nothing to do so. That was increased to 75 to stop this as its significantly more expensive to buy 75 rated players to 70's. However, because of the new player valuations, you can now buy hundreds of higher rated players cheaper than you could buy 75's on the old system. For example, a search for 79 rated players 21 years old or under brings up hundreds of players that are available for less than 500k, some as low as 200k. My fear is there that we might see managers buying lots of players in the same way that we used to see back in the bad old days...

I dont get it. Why would folk hoover up loads of lower rated players if the 'riser game' has been made redundant? Wheres the incentive? This sounds good to me. No monetary value rises til say 82. Finally the end of 250 player squads.

I dont get it. Why would folk hoover up loads of lower rated players if the 'riser game' has been made redundant? Wheres the incentive? This sounds good to me. No monetary value rises til say 82. Finally the end of 250 player squads.

I'm surprised by your view on that, I personally think that the no value rise thing is a terrible idea. Following that progression curve will see the smaller teams getting poorer and poorer as wages increase in line with the players rating, but player values won’t, meaning the poor teams lose more and more money each week as they can’t sell for a profit. That won’t matter to the big teams, they can just hang onto the players indefinitely (as they have a lot more money coming in) until they do reach a point they can turn a profit.

As for why teams would pick up loads of lower rated players, that’s also seems obvious. The big teams would do it in the hope that at least a few of them make it to the 90’s and above. Random chance would say that that if each big team picks up two hundred 70-80 rated players, all for 500k or less, that a fair number will make it up to the higher ratings, or that enough of them will make it to the point where they can be sold for a profit. Little teams won’t have a chance of getting players if that’s the case as the cash rich clubs can survive with massive squads due to gate receipts. Cash rich teams will just sit on massive squads while little teams get by on what’s left.

Finally the end of 250 player squads? I think it’ll do just the opposite.

I'm surprised by your view on that' date=' I personally think that the no value rise thing is a terrible idea. Following that progression curve will see the smaller teams getting poorer and poorer as wages increase in line with the players rating, but player values won’t, meaning the poor teams lose more and more money each week as they can’t sell for a profit. That won’t matter to the big teams, they can just hang onto the players indefinitely (as they have a lot more money coming in) until they do reach a point they can turn a profit.

As for why teams would pick up loads of lower rated players, that’s also seems obvious. The big teams would do it in the hope that at least a few of them make it to the 90’s and above. Random chance would say that that if each big team picks up two hundred 70-80 rated players, all for 500k or less, that a fair number will make it up to the higher ratings, or that enough of them will make it to the point where they can be sold for a profit. Little teams won’t have a chance of getting players if that’s the case as the cash rich clubs can survive with massive squads due to gate receipts. Cash rich teams will just sit on massive squads while little teams get by on what’s left.

Finally the end of 250 player squads? I think it’ll do just the opposite.

[/quote']

Dont mind me. Im just bitter. A 250 strong squad manager has bid a 9 million maximum on an 83 rated player I was after. Im all for this guy haemoraging money at the minute. Im not sure where all this leaves me but buying players to turn a profit has never been my bag. Managers who engage in it are hindering my enjoyment remorselessly chasing risers day after day for profit. If the games moving towards more management and less stock trading it gets my vote. Shame about the move towards big club dominence. That sucks.