Pavillions Test Game World

In the last two weeks that I have been managing in the test GW, I have not been able to complete a single transfer. I have made more than 50 bids in the meantime, every single one of them got rejected. Are the new AI chaimans been programmed based on Daniel Levy?? If this feature gets carried over, this game is pretty much dead to me and I have been playing it for about 4 years now.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're a member of the test gameworlds you can access the interface (which is very buggy still) by opening up the gameworld and then clicking back to Soccer Manager Home. As it's very WIP and buggy lets not comment on bits not working or content missing.

Positives:

- I like the new Morale / Condition images.

- I like the Breaking News Ticker' date=' although maybe a little too fast?

- I like the concept of the Schedule page (needs tweaks, see below)

[b']Negatives:[/b]

- I don't like the dark appearance, most of us work in office environments and having something so dark becomes an eye sore and stands out too much.

- It takes more mouse clicks to get to pages now. For example, 3 clicks to get to squad page whereas before 2.

- The overview page is basically useless content and yet it's the homepage? The most important page is the managers inbox followed by the news feed. The current SM Build works much better as a homepage.

- If you are sticking with the current layout then please at least make sure that the inbox and news feed are on the same locations (currently Inbox is left on managers but right on overview)

- Schedule page would be better if you could breakdown the results via competition (friendlies for example **** me off no end when viewing schedule page). I'd prefer the schedule to be displayed more like the Transfermarkt website.

Feel free to add your own comments.

Rating History per player is missing.

Player History is also missing from the stats page (which is gruesome).

Please can you put up a poll on whether people like the dark interface, most people I've talked to from our gameworld really don't like it.

In the last two weeks that I have been managing in the test GW' date=' I have not been able to complete a single transfer. I have made more than 50 bids in the meantime, every single one of them got rejected. Are the new AI chaimans been programmed based on Daniel Levy?? If this feature gets carried over, this game is pretty much dead to me and I have been playing it for about 4 years now.[/quote']

That's a big issue' date=' I have the same problem. I need a CB and a RM , but all the bids I made to external and unmanaged clubs

have been rejected. I tried with 6 or 7 CBs but nothing, none of those bids have been accepted.

So I have to play with a DM as CB and a AM as RM. In addiction I had some similar problems with some under80 rated too.

Is that just a temporary problem or is going to be like that?

[/quote']

I manage Borussia Monchengladbach in one of the test GWs. Just to make the point I went to make an offer for Kevin DeBruyne... who was sold to Manchester City in REAL LIFE for 50 million! However in the test world I was only able to make a maximum transfer bid of 15.7 million... What? ...We want realism SM' date=' and that bogus.[/quote']

This bug has now been fixed as it were looking at the old valuations and not the new ones in the back end and that is why a lot of transfers were being rejected.

Rating History per player is missing.

Player History is also missing from the stats page (which is gruesome).

The history will be added along the stats as we're still working on these pages.

If you're a member of the test gameworlds you can access the interface (which is very buggy still) by opening up the gameworld and then clicking back to Soccer Manager Home. As it's very WIP and buggy lets not comment on bits not working or content missing.

Positives:

- I like the new Morale / Condition images.

- I like the Breaking News Ticker' date=' although maybe a little too fast?

- I like the concept of the Schedule page (needs tweaks, see below)

[b']Negatives:[/b]

- I don't like the dark appearance, most of us work in office environments and having something so dark becomes an eye sore and stands out too much.

- It takes more mouse clicks to get to pages now. For example, 3 clicks to get to squad page whereas before 2.

- The overview page is basically useless content and yet it's the homepage? The most important page is the managers inbox followed by the news feed. The current SM Build works much better as a homepage.

- If you are sticking with the current layout then please at least make sure that the inbox and news feed are on the same locations (currently Inbox is left on managers but right on overview)

- Schedule page would be better if you could breakdown the results via competition (friendlies for example **** me off no end when viewing schedule page). I'd prefer the schedule to be displayed more like the Transfermarkt website.

Many thanks for this feedback and i've passed it on. The part that i've highlighted in bold is the concern that I raised and I said that it'd be something that a lot of people will flag up. I'm flagging this up once again.

In the Test GW, you should change the option of just choosing whatever club you want, and then being able to quit whenever I want, to...being able to purchase a club slot for the Test GW.

If I decide to quit the Test GW, then I lose that club slot, unless I purchase another one to enter. Same can be used for other GW's.

This will make SM a lot more money, and I think they like that, and it will also, curtail the cheaters from entering and quitting all the time.

Just a thought.

In the Test GW, I should be able to invest my money into my club, maybe for Stadium Upgrades, so this can allow some smaller clubs to be able to compete once they reach the higher divisions.

This will help the cash flow more, as managers would be selling for cash, so that they can spend their cash elsewhere.

Also, instead of winning just Cash for winning trophies, maybe throw in a SM Coin Package for winners. This will engage managers more and entice them to get more wins, and concentrate more on their team and winning.

Just a thought.

In the Test GW, Transfers aren't happening, and maybe the "bug" will be fixed. But, I don't see this happening.

There are too many limits on what Players are going for. Too many minimums.

The chairman can be in place, but the make believe chairman, should have faith in the real life manager, that is running the club.

Basically, the Managers, are the chairman, and having all these limits and minimums, will ultimately kill the market.

Plus, its unrealistic.

Managers want realism.

It's better how it is, not what it's changing to. Just tweak it a bit, like with the Player Wages and Player Concerns, like I've said before, but didn't get recognized.

Just a thought.

I am currently unable to make a bid for a player. I am going into "Make Transfer Bid" option and after entering the value, the "Propose Offer" button is being unresponsive. Also the deep black background is not helping when I am using a PC. On a mobile it was nice, on PC it is just flooding the whole screen and making it very difficult to make out the information that is displayed over the whole screen.

In the Test GW' date=' I should be able to invest my money into my club, maybe for Stadium Upgrades, so this can allow some smaller clubs to be able to compete once they reach the higher divisions.

This will help the cash flow more, as managers would be selling for cash, so that they can spend their cash elsewhere.[/quote']

This is what I wanted at first but after a few meetings I changed my mind because it can lead to inflation within the Game World.

Also' date=' instead of winning just Cash for winning trophies, maybe throw in a SM Coin Package for winners. This will engage managers more and entice them to get more wins, and concentrate more on their team and winning.

Just a thought.[/quote']

Got to be careful with this because it could be deemed as gambling and this would open up a can of worms because we've looked into this once before.

I am currently unable to make a bid for a player. I am going into "Make Transfer Bid" option and after entering the value' date=' the "Propose Offer" button is being unresponsive.[/quote']

I'm also experiencing this. I'll get it flagged up in the morning but we need to remember that this is being worked on live so things will stop / start a bit.

Also the deep black background is not helping when I am using a PC. On a mobile it was nice' date=' on PC it is just flooding the whole screen and making it very difficult to make out the information that is displayed over the whole screen.[/quote']

Any specific pages where you're having this problem?

In the Test GW' date=' Transfers aren't happening, and maybe the "bug" will be fixed. But, I don't see this happening.[/quote']

This was fixed earlier today.

There are too many limits on what Players are going for. Too many minimums.

The chairman can be in place' date=' but the make believe chairman, should have faith in the real life manager, that is running the club.

Basically, the Managers, are the chairman, and having all these limits and minimums, will ultimately kill the market.[/quote']

I'd love there to be no restrictions but wouldn't this encourage cheating (something that we're constantly trying to combat)?

It's better how it is' date=' not what it's changing to. Just tweak it a bit, like with the Player Wages and Player Concerns, like I've said before, but didn't get recognized.[/quote']

Care to elaborate?

Cheaters will always be cheaters. They will always be there. Have to make it to where clubs actually mean something to them, by purchasing club slots for GW's. Cheaters wouldn't want to spend money every time they enter a league.

Y'all messed up making GM Days long ago.

About the Player Wages and Player Concerns, I like the idea of making Wages higher for better players, but then again, a small club, with a small stadium, will never be able to sign and keep big name players.

Player concerns are good and need to be there. Was just agreeing on the fact that they need to happen more often.

Don't need to change the transfers to all these minimums. There's going to be clubs and teams with billions to spend, and can't, because of this.

Need to be able to inject Cash into something...like stadiums. But there's got to be a limit on the size of the stadiums you can reach. Like 100,000.

I don't understand the reasoning that it will cause inflation.

Care to elaborate on that?

Initial thought is the texture is too busy and colourful' date=' distracting from the reason we are here (to buy players and compete). But that's a cosmetic comment.

In terms of the game it looks like the formation options are new, and the ubiquitous 352 still works, that's a relief as it went weird in the pavillions test world

On ting which appears to be missing is the "Play Style" options from the in game Instructions. I always just picked "Counter Attack" but it along with "Men Behind Ball" "Play Offside" &cetera is gone. Am I missing it or is it really gone? I see "Target Man" is also gone, but I won't miss that so much.

[/quote']

Is there a chance my feedback will be responded to like everyone elses or will it just be ignored? Here's some more: what's the point in asking people for feedback, they take the time to leave it, then you ignore them?

This is what I wanted at first but after a few meetings I changed my mind because it can lead to inflation within the Game World.

I'd like to echo Rio's request for further detail on this point. Also thank you for replying to my previous post!

One question that I do think is important to know is whether these changes will roll out automatically or until each gameworld has finished their current season. For example' date=' to combat the wage changes our Gameworld is probably going to need to adjust the economy to ensure that managers don't get frustrated with the increase of wages. If the update happens mid season then lots of our clubs will lose money due to wages which will no doubt end up in managers leaving the game from frustration.

I'm going to illustrate this point with the below image:

[img']https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30654692/redcafe/sm_new_wages_analysis.jpg[/img]

The pages where the background is becoming a bit of a problem are basically the squad, transfers, shortlist pages. The black in the background is a bit stark and the info about the players are hard to notice. I think if these pages have a greyer background behind the names it would be easier to locate them. Also the arranging buttons are currently absent or are currently not visible. I like the Tactics screen but the overview page has to be more useful. The current overview board provides a lot of useful information- Club News, league standing, GW news, Manger login time, Players in and out.

One question that I do think is important to know is whether these changes will roll out automatically or until each gameworld has finished their current season. For example' date=' to combat the wage changes our Gameworld is probably going to need to adjust the economy to ensure that managers don't get frustrated with the increase of wages. If the update happens mid season then lots of our clubs will lose money due to wages which will no doubt end up in managers leaving the game from frustration.

I'm going to illustrate this point with the below image:

[img']https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30654692/redcafe/sm_new_wages_analysis.jpg[/img]

The changes will be introduced to every Game World when the game is relaunched. We are also going to recalibrate each Game World to reflect the new wages. This will basically increase all club's revenue in line with the new wages. Smaller clubs will be the main beneficiaries because of the equal distribution of TV revenue. Also throw into the equation the revised stadium building and attendances as highlighted in this post and your club will more than likely be better off then they are now.

The pages where the background is becoming a bit of a problem are basically the squad' date=' transfers, shortlist pages. The black in the background is a bit stark and the info about the players are hard to notice. I think if these pages have a greyer background behind the names it would be easier to locate them. Also the arranging buttons are currently absent or are currently not visible. I like the Tactics screen but the overview page has to be more useful. The current overview board provides a lot of useful information- Club News, league standing, GW news, Manger login time, Players in and out.[/quote']

Many thanks for your feedback John i'll pass this on to both the development and UI teams.

The changes will be introduced to every Game World when the game is relaunched. We are also going to recalibrate each Game World to reflect the new wages. This will basically increase all club's revenue in line with the new wages. Smaller clubs will be the main beneficiaries because of the equal distribution of TV revenue. Also throw into the equation the revised stadium building and attendances as highlighted in this post and your club will more than likely be better off then they are now.

Custom Game Worlds too?

Don't want it to happen as I have Custom Setups that have been playing for 8 years, and all of these changes will ruin what I've built!

Will be sorely disappointed if this happens!

This is not true. I'm a Pavillion GW Test 1 club manager (3rd Div) and despite my squad is near play-off seats, the average attendence is half of my stadium capacity every home game and it is not increasing with good results.

This is not true. I'm a Pavillion GW Test 1 club manager (3rd Div) and despite my squad is near play-off seats' date=' the average attendence is half of my stadium capacity every home game and it is not increasing with good results.[/quote']

This hasn't been introduced into either Pavillion Game World as it's been tested in a live Game World.

Ah ok, so you're going to be adjusting the income multipliers? I assume when you mean equal distribution, you mean every club gets 500k (as an example) no matter what division you're in? Thanks for the more detailed response, will pass it on to my gameworld managers.

This hasn't been introduced into either Pavillion Game World as it's been tested in a live Game World.

Steven. As this seems to be the only place to get hold of a Dev... any chance of my support ticket from over 3 weeks ago being reviewed 1443679514. Its about the recurring problem of lost prize money. And i don't see the point of making money important if you are not given what you win

Hi , I've had a few goes on the new interface so lets start with the positives.

Graphically it looks nice. I like the inbox and newsfeed being bigger and side by side.

Negatives

It is much slower and more graphically intensive than the current interface.

I think that it is vital to be able to switch quickly from club to club if you control multiple clubs as I do . At times I think there are too many clicks to get where you want to go.

Would it be possible to have a drop down / pop up menu bar somewhere on the screen to allow very rapid access to say shortlist or transfers in , I can show you an example if you wish, almost like a choices list of all options that could be dragged in popped open from the top /left /right of screen.

Now a quick question. When the new changes come in , I think that some of my sides will be valued between 1/2 and 1/3 of their current wealth.

a) Will clubs be compensated for the change in value of players.

or B) be given plenty of warning so that they can sell on players if they wish

c) Neither of the above

the problem with a) I guess is that clubs will hoard old duffers just to get compo

the problem with B) Is that they will have loads of money to buy them back cheap if they can..

the problem with c) A large number of clubs will be effectively bankrupt and managers will just walk away.

seems like a bit of a problem especially for established managers.