Pavillions Test Game World

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the point of all these changes is to make it more 'real' then the loan system really needs to be looked at....

Right now, I've 3-4 86-87 rated players at a club that I can't loan out. Now look at the RL scenario, take Falcao, that's a 94 (at the time) rated player sent out on loan for a fee....

Having loan fees would be of huge benifit to clubs and plz remove this stupid ability of the chairman blocking players going out on loan, it's up to the manager in RL who he wants in the first team squad and who would benifit from a loan for all different types of reasons, introducing loan fees would halt cheating too when it comes to loaning highly rated players...

It's something that a lot of players complain about in one of the game worlds in in....

It would be good if, like the Real World, you could loan out any player you want.

Can you address whether the missing is the "Play Style" options from the in game Instructions are coming back? I always just picked "Counter Attack" but it along with "Men Behind Ball" "Play Offside" &cetera is gone. Any feedback please?

Will there be an option to continue using the old user interface after the new one goes live? I am much more comfortable with the old one.

There'll be an option to switch between the new and old interfaces for existing managers for a certain period of time.

Hi ' date=' I've had a few goes on the new interface so lets start with the positives.

Graphically it looks nice. I like the inbox and newsfeed being bigger and side by side.

Negatives

It is much slower and more graphically intensive than the current interface.

I think that it is vital to be able to switch quickly from club to club if you control multiple clubs as I do . At times I think there are too many clicks to get where you want to go.

Would it be possible to have a drop down / pop up menu bar somewhere on the screen to allow very rapid access to say shortlist or transfers in , I can show you an example if you wish, almost like a choices list of all options that could be dragged in popped open from the top /left /right of screen.[/quote']

Many thanks for your feedback. I've passed this on.

Now a quick question. When the new changes come in ' date=' I think that some of my sides will be valued between 1/2 and 1/3 of their current wealth.

a) Will clubs be compensated for the change in value of players.

or B) be given plenty of warning so that they can sell on players if they wish

c) Neither of the above

the problem with a) I guess is that clubs will hoard old duffers just to get compo

the problem with B) Is that they will have loads of money to buy them back cheap if they can..

the problem with c) A large number of clubs will be effectively bankrupt and managers will just walk away.

seems like a bit of a problem especially for established managers.

[/quote']

We've changed wages and valuations of players numerous times over the years when we've revised the economies of a Game World and this is no different.

If the point of all these changes is to make it more 'real' then the loan system really needs to be looked at....

Right now' date=' I've 3-4 86-87 rated players at a club that I can't loan out. Now look at the RL scenario, take Falcao, that's a 94 (at the time) rated player sent out on loan for a fee....

Having loan fees would be of huge benifit to clubs and plz remove this stupid ability of the chairman blocking players going out on loan, it's up to the manager in RL who he wants in the first team squad and who would benifit from a loan for all different types of reasons, introducing loan fees would halt cheating too when it comes to loaning highly rated players...

It's something that a lot of players complain about in one of the game worlds in in....[/quote']

It would be good if' date=' like the Real World, you could loan out any player you want.[/quote']

By being allowed to loan out any player you want this would only encourage player hogging / hording and this is a problem that has been raised and something we are currently trying to tackle.

Can you address whether the missing is the "Play Style" options from the in game Instructions are coming back? I always just picked "Counter Attack" but it along with "Men Behind Ball" "Play Offside" &cetera is gone. Any feedback please?

This has been removed.

are you guys going to introduce the youth section on the squad section again? Because having all the players in just one section offers no good to the user experience' date=' and makes it hard to keep track of all your players, having all 40 of them displayed in just one section.[/quote']

This still needs adding.

There'll be an option to switch between the new and old interfaces for existing managers for a certain period of time.

Many thanks for your feedback. I've passed this on.

We've changed wages and valuations of players numerous times over the years when we've revised the economies of a Game World and this is no different.

By being allowed to loan out any player you want this would only encourage player hogging / hording and this is a problem that has been raised and something we are currently trying to tackle.

This has been removed.

This still needs adding.

I gotta be 100% honest here and say you came up with a response to my proposition that has nothing to do with what I was talking about....

How could being able to loan out anyone you want have ANY effect on hoarding? Hoarding goes on as it stands right now.... In fact there would be scope for players to even get concerns about being loaned out (I know it exisits but much greater scope) if anything!

Also Tbh responding with 'this has been removed' without further explaination to Baz's query is a bit of a cop out....

I'm starting to think that no matter what feedback SM receive its pretty much reduntant as decisions appear to have been made, so why ask for feedback? Seems counter productive

OK. How come it's been removed? It feels like a step backwards in terms of managers being able to influence the outcome of games. Are there any management features being added in it's place?

It's because you could create conflicting Team Instructions and we decided that all the play style instructions were covered by other instructions such as "men behind ball" which is basically Pressing - "Own Area" and Mentality "Defensive". Re other management features we'll be continuing to look into ways to improve the match engines going forward as we want this to be a key area of the game.

It's because you could create conflicting Team Instructions and we decided that all the play style instructions were covered by other instructions such as "men behind ball" which is basically Pressing - "Own Area" and Mentality "Defensive". Re other management features we'll be continuing to look into ways to improve the match engines going forward as we want this to be a key area of the game.

Is it really? You can have teams playing with men behind the ball from half way, thus being 'men behind the ball' and 'own half' for pressing but you could also want your team attacking and direct so when they press and win the ball back they quickly counter.

Is it really? You can have teams playing with men behind the ball from half way' date=' thus being 'men behind the ball' and 'own half' for pressing but you could also want your team attacking and direct so when they press and win the ball back they quickly counter. [/quote']

I assume "defensive" and "own half" should represent pressing on your own half. This system makes a lot more sense because now you can't see something like "men behind ball" and "all over" or "play offside" and "own area". I share the opinion that most of the instructions are covered by the ones that remained and all in all i find this a step forward rather than a step backwards.

Thank goodness. Please don't switch it off completely though, as that dark interface just doesn't work with some of us. It's an eye sore imo. But this is good news at least.

The new interface is simply put BLINDING. I could not look at that for a few minutes, let a lone a few hours a day. It does not load well at all on my phone.

Why don't you just make a desktop app which can work with this new interface so people can use it to launch it as a game in itself and leave the current UI as it is for people who need to use it via browser in an office environment? I could never use that at work because it stands out WAAAAAY TOOOOO MUCHHHH. Not only that, but I would be blind by the end of the week. Dark colours, massive contrast its like you don't want people to spend time on the site.

Why fix what is not broken?

Also with regards to the valuations wages etc, it was discussed that these will be optional for custom GW is this still the case [uSER=88039]Steven[/uSER]?

The new interface is simply put BLINDING. I could not look at that for a few minutes' date=' let a lone a few hours a day. It does not load well at all on my phone.

Why don't you just make a desktop app which can work with this new interface so people can use it to launch it as a game in itself and leave the current UI as it is for people who need to use it via browser in an office environment? I could never use that at work because it stands out WAAAAAY TOOOOO MUCHHHH. Not only that, but I would be blind by the end of the week. Dark colours, massive contrast its like you don't want people to spend time on the site.[/quote']

The UI that you are currently looking at is for the desktop / Facebook canvas. When SM Worlds is relaunched there'll be a new app released as per this post. With regards to your feedback with the colours used i'll pass this on.

Also with regards to the valuations wages etc' date=' it was discussed that these will be optional for custom GW is this still the case [uSER=88039"]Steven[/uSER]?

The relaunch is happening to all Game Worlds.

The relaunch is happening to all Game Worlds.

This is a massive shame. A lot of people will end up leaving because their teams and GW will be destroyed.

I was under the impression that as discussed in the Google hangouts the new valuations and wages would be optional for private custom GW.

One of our GW is currently in season 19 and the new valuations and wages would absolutely destroy it. People who have spent 3-4 years on building their teams would have them flipped on their head because SM decided to change it all.

On another GW we are on season 9. Most of the young talent is concentrated in bigger teams while the older players are spread among the smaller clubs. With the new changes the smaller clubs would be hit with massive wages while the value of the players and squad as a whole will drop. The new changes will also kill their opportunity to flip high rated players in their low rated teams for profit therefore closing another revenue stream for the smaller clubs. While the big clubs would have their values doubles and tripled overnight because of the talent they have hoarded thus far. That would cause even greater disparity and I doubt that anyone out of the 50 odd managers in our GW would agree to have the changes implemented.

I feel like you've decided we need to do some changes and have gone off on a tangent that none of your customers really asked for.

You set up your hangouts but did you really listen to what anyone had to say there?

You will probably get new customers, people who will like the interface, the valuations and what not, but as for the old ones, the ones who brought you up to here and made SM what it is now, you've not cared about the time and effort they've put into the game, because if you did, you wouldn't choose to simply ignore it.

This is a massive shame. A lot of people will end up leaving because their teams and GW will be destroyed.

I was under the impression that as discussed in the Google hangouts the new valuations and wages would be optional for private custom GW.

One of our GW is currently in season 19 and the new valuations and wages would absolutely destroy it. People who have spent 3-4 years on building their teams would have them flipped on their head because SM decided to change it all.

On another GW we are on season 9. Most of the young talent is concentrated in bigger teams while the older players are spread among the smaller clubs. With the new changes the smaller clubs would be hit with massive wages while the value of the players and squad as a whole will drop. The new changes will also kill their opportunity to flip high rated players in their low rated teams for profit therefore closing another revenue stream for the smaller clubs. While the big clubs would have their values doubles and tripled overnight because of the talent they have hoarded thus far. That would cause even greater disparity and I doubt that anyone out of the 50 odd managers in our GW would agree to have the changes implemented.

I feel like you've decided we need to do some changes and have gone off on a tangent that none of your customers really asked for.

You set up your hangouts but did you really listen to what anyone had to say there?

You will probably get new customers' date=' people who will like the interface, the valuations and what not, but as for the old ones, the ones who brought you up to here and made SM what it is now, you've not cared about the time and effort they've put into the game, because if you did, you wouldn't choose to simply ignore it.[/quote']

Agree...such a shame.

BOO SM!

no african players :(

Well yes, but I thought it was funny that Memphis is 21st on the list despite being 90 rated. Suarez is 20th and only 300k more expensive?!? While Bale is down in 34th, Sterling of all players is above him! But it appears they've changed the values again, so I guess I need to redo this :P

Well we're making progress! Neymar from 5th down to 26th now.

I still don't understand why they don't just use the current chairmen value for the player values, they're far more realistic. Isn't half the point of having a rating system is to allow a sensible ladder for player value increase? Why is a player like Memphis so highly valued? I'm a United fan and he's done nothing to warrant that kind of price tag. Martial has looked the far better player. This is the ultimate issue with having the SM Devs decide who is a talent and who isn't.

Shouldn't the managers decide a players price tag and not the game? Let the game come up with a minimum price tag (like the chairmen, which is based on ratings). Then allow the manager to decide how much more a manager would need to pay to buy the player. That's sensible.

If there were 3 features of this upcoming update I could remove right now.

1. Dark interface, I don't think i'll be able to handle the dark one and will probably result in me quitting. I struggle to actually look at it for any length of time.

2. Player values, I can see they're trying to change the formula and make it accurate but as things stand it's going to destroy the game. Forcing my maximum bids to be only a few million above the face value is absurd. Having SM control which players are "stars" is absurd (see Memphis over rating).

3. Cash injections. This really pisses me off, I don't see why clubs should be rewarded for being bad at the game with vast sums of money when I have to sell 5-6 players to get the same amount. It's taken many years of scouting to build my club up and yet clubs with much larger stadiums (who have a huge advantage over me already) gets massive cash injections because their squad isn't that great. That's like playing a FPS game and giving the guy on 0 kills and 12 deaths a 1 hit kill weapon. I don't mind the idea of Cash Injections, but it needs to be a better system that provides everyone with extra money (but perhaps give those struggling with a bit more).

What about counter attack? I am a fan of counter attack football, and cant see any possible way to deploy it now as things are.

I assume "Own Area" and Mentality "Defensive" and passing style "direct" and "fast tempo" is the closest thing to play counter attack... but we do not have the option for a target man which defeats the whole purpose of laying back and play counter attack..