Pavillions Test Game World

Some specific feedback.

Been playing around on my phone and honestly I really hate it. Its very slow and clunky. To do anything leads to that white loading bar. The squad page has the squad floating out nowhere. The tactics page really doesnt need player photos and to swap players leads additional pop up bars. Everything seems to lead to additional pop up like bar or that white loading sign. Drop downs are far far better as they look nicer' date=' load quicker and makes everything fit together nicer.

Additionally the breaking news bar is really annoying and needs a hide feature. The colouring is also very off and far too dark. And as stated a lot jsut the general positioning of everything seems very illogical.

The format as a whole is slow, illogically positioned with lots of extra steps to get everywhere and looks far worse.

Its basically what the current forum is to the old forum. [/quote']

The new interface that are have put in several Game Worlds has been optimised for the desktop / Facebook canvas and not mobile web browser. We are working on a new app that will be released when the game is relaunched.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are there stars around the player's ratings?

Is SM not happy with the way it looks now?

I'm so confused on why they are changing to these new updates.

Just tried an updated GW, again. Was out of there so fast. Can't stand the look of it.

Definitely agree with a few posts above, about this new update not being user friendly.

I wish there will be a toggle between the old interface and the new, but, I know that won't happen. Just the economy.

Here goes my custom GW's after all my friends quit because of the ridiculousness of how this is going to look.

Thanks SM.

Thanks for listening to the Game Users of the years...

...not.

Can the tactic section please be fixed? As of now it looks really terrible. I don't know if it is just me, or everyone else; but, the field image is too large. As of now you see the forwards positioned over the center circle. You only see half of the field image. You have all the defenders and midfielders behind the half-way line, and the strikers positioned just above the center circle. It looks really terrible, and not enjoyable. I have to go back to the old version all the time, to set up my team.

If possible could you provide a screenshot of this?

As you can see from the image bellow' date=' it has a terrible looking. It is also distracting when selecting players or change formation. It confuses people because you have players showing up in a incorrect position on the field. For example, forwards on midfield. Just a horrific looking.[/size']

http://s1.postimg.org/89utscjfz/Screen_Shot_2015_11_13_at_8_40_38_AM.png

post-90787-144895570844_thumb.jpg

Just trying to buy a 76 rp days ago and offer has been rejected 3 times.

Today my squad is under minimum cap of 21 players: I exchanged two players for one 78 rp and the deal has been completed. Simply :eek:

P.S.: I don't want the completed deal reversed.

Can you post specifics of the deal that you are trying to do so that we can look into this?

Can the tactic section please be fixed? As of now it looks really terrible. I don't know if it is just me' date=' or everyone else; but, the field image is too large. As of now you see the forwards positioned over the center circle. You only see half of the field image. You have all the defenders and midfielders behind the half-way line, and the strikers positioned just above the center circle. It looks really terrible, and not enjoyable. I have to go back to the old version all the time, to set up my team.[/size']
If possible could you provide a screenshot of this?
As you can see from the image bellow' date=' it has a terrible looking. It is also distracting when selecting players or change formation. It confuses people because you have players showing up in a incorrect position on the field. For example, forwards on midfield. Just a horrific looking.[/size']

http://s1.postimg.org/89utscjfz/Screen_Shot_2015_11_13_at_8_40_38_AM.png

Ok I understand now. If you look at a lot of match previews you will see that they either use a full pitch or half pitch to display the lineup. We've decided the display half a pitch instead of a full one.

Alright! It looks terrible, confusing, and ridiculous. Why not display it fully just as in the single player? Don't know why you guys see no problem with the design of it. Hopefully we will always have the option to choose whether we want the old or the new interface, cause of now how the tactic section is displayed with only a half field, totally sucks. Again, it looks terrible, not user friendly, confusing, and gets any one eyes sore. Just make a poll, and ask people if they prefer half field or full field being displayed. It is so poorly designed. And it is the only part of the new interface that looks so terrible.

Apart from this, I am on board with every other single changes.

The new interface is too dark and busy. It's such a dramatic departure (rather than the organic evolution we have seen in the site gui over the years) that it will take a lot of getting used to. I have been in the first pav test world from the start and I still find it very confusing and off-putting. Do you have a rough time for when it will be launched across all game worlds?

I like how SM has a good way of listing out everything very easily.

I'm afraid of it turning into to many shapes and new colors.

Simple, yet refined is what you need to be going for.

I like how I can see everything very easily how it is now.

Remember when it used to just be like green and white?

Those were the days...

...the best.

Simple.

Add some colors elsewhere, or, update the layout a little bit, but, I'm sorry, if I can't zoom through things, and look at things, like squads, and back and forth, between clubs and such, this new layout will be the end of me in this game.

Who knows?

We'll see.

Why such a big change?

I thought y'all were about to hit the nail on the head with this new update. Had a good layout and colors and such. I like it, at least.

Just a few tweaks maybe...I don't know, really. I'm not a designer, and don't think about things like that.

But, the way this is all going to laid out now, could be really slow, and more annoying.

Is the 2D Match Pitch ever coming?

Would be really easy, since everything is predetermined, basically.

I'm done for now.

The dual color of the Tactics page is very disracting. The white is nice' date=' the black makes everything invisible. Also a separation of starting 11 and bench would be nice.[/quote']

We're still making change to the tactics page John based on feedback.

Thank you for interesting in it but just today the deal has been accepted and it has been completed too.

Player was Alessandro Deiola from italian club Cagliari.

We found out that we were using the old valuations and not the new ones and hence why the offers were being rejected. This has now been fixed Anton.

I joined pavillions test 2 today. I have some early observations.

Firstly, I like the new UI look. It looks clean and modern. Now my observations:

-I have some issues on firefox(using 42). The font looks blurry in the overview. See attached.

I also cannot use the drop down menu in squad view. Cannot switch to youth squad.

It works fine on chrome and Edge, it must be an addon I have.

-The new squad view requires too much scrolling compared to the old one. Can only view 7 players on 1 page as opposed to 20+ in the old one. I think viewing most of the squad on a single page is a must. The player list in the tactics view is better. You can view 15 players but I think reducing the height of the box would be better. That would allow for more players to be listed. on a single page.

It's obviously better on a bigger screen but playing on a laptop(mine is 1366x768) isn't the best of experience.

So I managed to get into one of the Pavilions Test game worlds and thought I’d put together my constructive feedback on the areas I’ve been able to test and spend time on for what it’s worth.

First of all many thanks for taking the time to provide detailed feedback as this will only help make the game better for everyone.

I initially liked the look to the home page and I think overall it's a step up from the previous page' date=' it looks more professional at least than the white / green layout however a question I have on the look of the page; When the update is released will there be ads on the whole left hand side of the page? It seems like there is very much a space there designed specifically for them. Personally it doesn't bother me due to using AdBlock tools but I believe should there be further graphics on the screen it could feel very overloaded.[/quote']

We currently don't have any plans to add any further graphics to this page as we want to keep the site crisp and fresh.

I'm a big fan of the ability to use quick links; Last Fixture and Next Fixture. As a manager whom spends time preparing tactics and such in order to outplay; an opposition rather than relying on a sole tactic' date=' these screens are handy. Is there however the possibility of when you click on; [b']Last Fixture[/b] and Next Fixture, that you could click on the fixtures to be able to see the information screen of that fixture IE, the match line-ups, match statistics and match commentary (View Match). With the ability to do this you wouldn't need to back out to fixtures and then go through each individual fixture but instead just view the previous 5 games. If I'm honest, whilst i'm a fan of the ability to quick link to the Last Fixture and Next Fixture screens they become pointless when you cannot get more information from going onto these pages than just seeing the results. I don't want to see only the results, I want to be able to access the information from that game.

I'm in agreement as I want things to be as easy as possible and have less clicks. I'm also like you in that I want to see as much information as possible about my opponents before deciding on both my tactics and lineup. So i'm in agreement with what you've wrote. That's why i've flagged up that the scores in the last 5 games should be clickable and bring you to the Match Report.

The Club List link is a backwards step in my opinion. On the current version you're able to see on the home screen every single club/manager that has logged in today or however many days ago. Whilst a small box with the basic information; manager name' date=' rating, days last logged in, it allows managers to see what they want to and also quickly access any manager to message, see their clubs or whatever they need to. For me it is often a tool for detecting cheat/multiple accounts.[/quote']

The new version has various flaws in my opinion.

• I don't believe there is a need for the clubs to be separated by Division links but instead could have a heading/title after the specific divisions managers to signify that the list of managers below this heading/title are from the next division.
  • Due to the graphic update the text on managers recently logged in (Green) is hard to read.
  • Is there any reason why there are blank boxes but then greyed boxes? Usually I'd have thought this would alternate to provide a clear definition between one manager/club and the next.

These areas still need to be worked on as as you say they're still missing a lot of basic information.

The drop down Calendar is great but alike to the last / next fixture tabs it could be made much better and useful if it were able to be used as a scroll bar through fixtures with perhaps the 3 on the screen at a time like it currently is.

This has only just been added as I flagged up that the mini calendar was extremely useful for quickly looking ahead at your forthcoming fixtures. I like it as it is as it's very simple and serves it's purpose' date=' to display a snapshot of your forthcoming fixtures.[/font']

The News Feed statuses are very large boxes and use up a lot of space and if you use view more to read through the news you can end up being a long way down the page which I felt was a little unnecessary but of course not a major issue or flaw.

One of the features that our community have been asking to put back into the game is the newspaper. We're reintroducing this within the News Feed as when it's finished managers will be able to add pictures' date=' additional text etc and this will make the feed more interactive.[/font']

The introduction of the filter is an improvement I remember suggesting / have seen suggested for a long time now so it’s great that it has been implemented into the update along with the views section and although another box/drop down menu the Full Team/First Team/Youth Team/Loaned Out option is fine however personally the previous ability to click the options and have it instantly change was much easier and I believe looks better also.

One thing that i've flagged up in relation to the Squad page is it always defaults to Full Team. I don't know IF it's because i'm used to just seeing First Team but I always switch to that in the filter irrespective if it's my squad or someone else’s that i'm looking at. I wouldn't mind First Team being the default so i've put this forward.

One change I feel is unnecessary is how now when you click on the drop down bar of a player on the tactics page' date=' for example a player not in the 18 man squad it then proceeds to open a drop down option which is separate to the tactics screen that remains in the background. I feel this is annoying in comparison to the very simple option prior that opened a small bar on the tactics page to make the change because the new updates page can result in scrolling of the tactics bar behind the new option page rather than the option page itself.[/quote']

I've flagged this up as i've not noticed it myself as I only have a very small squad and I think only looking on another account that there is a bug related to this so i've just flagged it up.

Again however it isn';t a major issue and I believe will be forgotten about fairly quickly. When returning from the tactics screen without confirming your changes you are prompted with a screen that asks you what you want to do. Upon confirming your choice however the screen reappears again until you click the exit.

I came across this problem myself along with several other bugs this morning on the tactics page and these have now been logged in our system.

I also believe that an improvement to the Transfers section would be the ability to use a quick link to the clubs Finances page here and the current box is very large which is unnecessary and perhaps could be used to place a Finances link here.

You can see your balance at the top of these pages and by clicking on that it takes you to your finance page.

Managers' date='is there a reason why managers now on this page are not available to be viewed by clicking on their names? Not overly important at all other than that you can sometimes work out whether or not the club has previously been managed by cheat/multiple/dup accounts[/quote']

This needs changing and is on the list that we’re currently working through.

Player Search works the same as before' date=' presumably some clubs haven't been configured yet as they are greyed out clubs that cannot be clicked on to see the squads for example.[/quote']

I’ve not seen this. Any specific examples?

I’m not a fan of the Concern List. I feel that the ability to just be told which players are concerned and therefore could soon be available for transfers for low fees makes the whole process very easy and takes away the reward currently where by managers would need to have shortlisted a player to get this kind of information. In the current system you basically have to do your research and earn the right to information almost where as with the new update you are taking away the reward of managers who scout; for this information by just handing it out to everyone

Whilst I like how all this information is readily available I feel it shouldn't be on offer just like that. In the current system if I scout a player and see only a couple of managers have him shortlisted as he hits a level 5 concern there is a smaller pool for competition for signing that player. Of course there is a message posted in the news feed about this players concern but in my honest opinion I actually believe this information should not be made public because it’s a free reward for doing nothing.

This is already in the game and has been for a good number of years. I understand what you are saying and you can also use the same argument for being notified with a club message when someone bids on a player on your shortlist. Isn’t that being lazy? For example in the past i’ve noticed Player X can now be bid on. I wait 24 hours and then make my offer and then all of a sudden 2-3 other managers who have shortlisted him make offers. Would they have done that IF I didn’t make the first offer?

Game World

The League section certainly looks much more improved than the current Competitions; section however it’s a little annoying that it’s harder to access and also isn't on display on the home screen or anywhere else which I feel is a backwards step.

Apart from your home screen where else would you like to see it?

The Tables sub section could do with an improvement in terms of displaying your own club as with this new graphic update the use of capital letters to display which team you are and where you are in the league isn't very helpful. Perhaps a highlighted colour on the line of information relating to the users club?

The league table still need a lot of work doing to it as basic information such as promotion / relegation places' date=' qualification for SMFA competitions, arrows to display change in position etc are missing. So it’s probably best to hang fire with feedback on this area for the time being.[/font']

If the League Form section could allow you to change the information between where clubs are in the league and the points attained in the past 6 games and also then be assigned by points to show whom has got the most in the past 6 games rather than needing to scroll through this information yourself so to speak. So the ability to assign by; league position and league form pretty much.

Good suggestion. I’ll log this in our doc to pass on to the devleopment team.

In the Attendance sector you can assign the information by different totals however when clicking stadium capacity it organises the information by alphabetical order rather than by the attendances of those stadiums by size which is a little pointless and would be better if done by stadium size.

Agree it should order it by capacity. I’ll flag this up but others might disagree with us.

First of all many thanks for your feedback.

I have some issues on firefox(using 42). The font looks blurry in the overview. See attached.

I also cannot use the drop down menu in squad view. Cannot switch to youth squad.

It works fine on chrome and Edge' date=' it must be an addon I have.[/quote']

Can you try disabling your add-ons as this is more than likely effecting it as we've not had any other reports of this?

The new squad view requires too much scrolling compared to the old one. Can only view 7 players on 1 page as opposed to 20+ in the old one. I think viewing most of the squad on a single page is a must.

I can only view 10 on mine but it'll probably be due to my monitor and screen resolution. At first I was of the same view so I can understand where you are coming from but i've not got used to this and i'm now of the view that the page will look very cramped if you try and add everyone to it.

The player list in the tactics view is better. You can view 15 players but I think reducing the height of the box would be better. That would allow for more players to be listed. on a single page. It's obviously better on a bigger screen but playing on a laptop(mine is 1366x768) isn't the best of experience.

It's exactly the same on the Tactics page for me as the Squad page so not sure why you can see more on that?

in the 17658 gameworld I noticed you can now play AM(RL) players in M(RL) positions.

is this a temporary switch while soccerwiki sorts their positions out, or is that change no longer being implemented?

you still can't play AM© in M© nor D(RL) players in a back three (rightfully so, before anyone starts) so I'm thinking it's the former?

in the 17658 gameworld I noticed you can now play AM(RL) players in M(RL) positions.

is this a temporary switch while soccerwiki sorts their positions out' date=' or is that change no longer being implemented?

you still can't play AM© in M© nor D(RL) players in a back three (rightfully so, before anyone starts) so I'm thinking it's the former?[/quote']

Hope so as a common sense amendment. One high profile poster on the subject will flip out though! :rolleyes:

I can only view 10 on mine but it'll probably be due to my monitor and screen resolution. At first I was of the same view so I can understand where you are coming from but i've not got used to this and i'm now of the view that the page will look very cramped if you try and add everyone to it.

It's exactly the same on the Tactics page for me as the Squad page so not sure why you can see more on that?

Strange that. Mine is different' date=' see attached. Also, I can't add players to my youth squad anymore.

That's what I see on some pages. The full team, youth team and first team are like that. The loan list is normal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG']n5115023[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5115025[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5115026[/ATTACH]

post-92894-144895570844_thumb.jpg

post-92894-144895570845_thumb.jpg

post-92894-144895570846_thumb.jpg

post-92894-144895570847_thumb.jpg

post-92894-144895570847_thumb.jpg

Hope so as a common sense amendment. One high profile poster on the subject will flip out though! :rolleyes:

Brilliant, that's the way it should be, guys. I agree also with NOT having drl at CB because its not realistic but having a winger in a wide position in a 442 is a no brainer. I cant seem to get into the match engine forum though? Any ideas guys?

Brilliant' date=' that's the way it should be, guys. I agree also with NOT having drl at CB because its not realistic but having a winger in a wide position in a 442 is a no brainer. I cant seem to get into the match engine forum though? Any ideas guys?[/quote']

The SM Relaunch thread? Disappeared into empty space, I can only guess the 352 talk with AMs across the field did the thread in. ?