Sign in to follow this  
Steven

Pavillions Test Game World

100% agree with removal of new players page. That way i have to keep an eye out for when say Dan Crowley is added. Instead of seeing 5 new players added and hen checking them out' date=' i can be rewarded for already having that knowledge. Will stop Herp a derp Madrids hoovering every Milan - Bayern- Barca -Chelsea etc talent added unless they ACTUALLY know who they are looking for. New player page should stay actually now that im writing this i think we should all be able to see what you are adding and people who dont know should still get the opportunity to see but lets have a 3(?) day grace period before players show up there? Headstart to those actively waiting for certain player, rather than hoovering en masse.[/quote']

That used to be in place a good few years back. A new player was added and they were hidden from the list for a few days. So it gave those shrew managers first chance at trying to snap them up. Can't remember why on earth we got rid of that!

That used to be in place a good few years back. A new player was added and they were hidden from the list for a few days. So it gave those shrew managers first chance at trying to snap them up. Can't remember why on earth we got rid of that!

Wasn't it the wrong way round before though, you couldn't search for a player through either the transfer market or directly by name, but you could see them in the new players added area, I'm 99% sure it was.

Wasn't it the wrong way round before though' date=' you couldn't search for a player through either the transfer market or directly by name, but you could see them in the new players added area, I'm 99% sure it was. [/quote']

Nope they were definitely hidden from the New Players page but you could still search for them if you knew they'd been added.

Lads I'd love a shot at this GW too to see how it plays....

It says private invite so if anyone leaves can the GW owner send me an invite or how does it work?

I've suggested we create a second test Game World, for example a World Championship, as that's a different environment to an English one. Could even argue that we create a test environment for a Gold Championship as well.

The current new players page is dominated by managers who hoover up talent. It doesnt involve much scouting. Ismail Bennacer was availible a few weeks back just before he went to Man City. His club status showed up at AC Arles and only 2 managers bid on him. Man City youths attract 12 or more bids usually. Most managers on the new players page just seem to be looking to hoover up big club youths. The art of scouting is indeed lost. Ive said before Id like new players avaiable in much larger batches and you can only bid on 1 free agent at a time. That said doing away with the new players page would be better than the current set up which is unfair and extremely frustrating. Dan Cowley is a player Id definately be interested in but sadly no ammount of scouting will prevent this player for becoming hoover fodder.

Can i find out why so many bids are rejected in this GW. As i said it used ot be because the vlaue to the team changed due to a sale, but as this is not the case anymore why am i getting so may rejected bids from players in my ratings bracket.

Nope they were definitely hidden from the New Players page but you could still search for them if you knew they'd been added.

But if i remember correctly all you had to do was open the newplayer page without logging in to see the hidden players.

And yes i think a gold set up would be a good idea for testing IF you can get enough managers in to test it properly. But i don't know how many gold managers would join a test world. I'm guessing i am not the only non-gold in this test setup that couldn't do a gold one

I'll just give my views on attendances and stadium building. I've been in a very old Gold Championship since day one. I'd say i've probably got one of the best squads in the Game World. During my time i've won:

• Charity Shield x5
  • Division 2 x1
  • Division 1 x6
  • Spanish Cup x5
  • Spanish Shield x4
  • SMFA Cup x3
  • SMFA Shield x1
  • SMFA Super Cup x2

Not a bad trophy cabinet and i'd say not many can match it in the Game World. So what am I getting at? In the first few seasons my stadium went from a 6' date='000 capacity to 24,000. However, my average attendance is only 17,759 despite what i've already mentioned. My club isn't in debt as i'm quite shrewd in the transfer market. Surely a successful club like mine should have a larger stadium and see it packed week in week out whilst i'm successful? That's what I as a manager want to see. So i'm on your side not against you.

What I want to see and what i'm going to put forward is for attendances to be more dynamic. As some have suggested they should go up / down dependent on your success. As you rise through the divisions they should gradually increase to the league's average. I also think you should have the chance to expand your stadium in certain circumstances using your clubs money. Not every club should be able to do this as it should be dependent on a few factors for example your success, current stadium size, current division etc. However, I don't want to see a club with an already large stadium expand it as that'll just negate my stadium expansion in terms of closing the gap.

I'm having a meeting early next week with the Devs who are working on SM Worlds and this is what i'm going to put forward.

If the quality of players added to the squad could have an impact on attendances then that would be cool too Steve. Exciting changes tho

I'm mostly with Cam on this one. Scouting real life risers has always been one the fundamental aspects of Soccer Manager as opposed to the numerous other online management games out there which are better set up in their own right than SM' date=' but use made up players.

That said, I do think its only fair that if Gateshead (as the example used previously) buy a player for 3 million quid, they then have the option of selling him on later for more than that, which I think was Bazas concern. Yes I do think the game should be accessible to all, but I also strongly feel that with this game you really should be getting out what youre putting in, meaning that those that do scout a lot should be getting those future stars and risers more often than a player that logs in once a day for half an hour.

Wrongun does make a point about big teams hoovering up any potential stars, so might I make an off the wall suggestion here, and remove the new players database area. That way lazy managers cant just look at that and pick up every 16 year old that gets added. Obvious downside to that for those of us who are waiting on specific players to be added having to search manually every few days to see if they're now there, but I think I might still prefer that (I know in one of my league teams wait to see who Im bidding on from the new players DB, and bid over the top of me). It wont stop players showing up in searches so keeps it just as accessible to managers with limited time, but cuts out some of the laziness and might help player hoggers because I doubt many teams with 250 players in the squad have managers whove scouted every single one of them. Plus the new squad cap thats almost certainly coming in will prevent some of that anyway.

Oh, and Japans better for risers than Thailand

[/quote']

I don't disagree with Cam completely, my point was that new risers while being a fun/important part of the game BUT not the be all and end all / what it's all about. There should be room for all types of players. Maka the werl go round!

A better game engine that gives you an ability to gain an advantage through tactics would help allay many peoples concerns over time such as scouting & player hording.

Personally don't see the issues with new player pages but would like the players club not to be listed until they have been snapped up either by a human club or their real life club.

Credit where it due. Removing the player unavailible option plus the minimum fee. Thats a good move.

Absolutely not. If I don;t want to sell a player I don't want to receive 20+ alerts every day fro him. Also I do not want piss-take face value bids for players I place on the transfer list so the minimum fee is needed. My opinion.

Not sure if anyone has asked this but WILL ALL PROPOSED CHANGES BE APPLIED TO EXISTING GAMEWORLDS OR ONLY NEW ONES?

Wage increases and player value changes will absolutely kill some of the very populated GW I am in.

Guest Redsky

You'll be waiting for weeks. Don't think they're allowing anyone else to be part of the test, I applied about 8 days ago with no joy.

Not exactly sure why they aren't allowing more people into the test gameworld... surely having more feedback would be a good thing... perhaps someone can bring this up in the google hangout meetings.

If the quality of players added to the squad could have an impact on attendances then that would be cool too Steve. Exciting changes tho

We touched on this in yesterdays Google hangout and i'm about to do a new thread on stadium building and attendances.

Hi - I applied for the Port Vale job - been waiting for a few days for a response. Would appreciate if you could accept my application. Keen to try this out. Cheers!
You'll be waiting for weeks. Don't think they're allowing anyone else to be part of the test' date=' I applied about 8 days ago with no joy.[/font']

Not exactly sure why they aren't allowing more people into the test gameworld... surely having more feedback would be a good thing... perhaps someone can bring this up in the google hangout meetings.‚Äč

We need to have a certain amount of clubs unmanaged so that we can see how they operate within the transfer market. I have suggested that we create two further test Game Worlds, a World Championship and a Gold Championship, as people act differently in them compared to the English.

We touched on this in yesterdays Google hangout and i'm about to do a new thread on stadium building and attendances.

We need to have a certain amount of clubs unmanaged so that we can see how they operate within the transfer market. I have suggested that we create two further test Game Worlds' date=' a World Championship and a Gold Championship, as people act differently in them compared to the English.

[/quote']

OK - thanks for the info. Looking forward to trying it out.

Just a very quick update to say that hopefully the SM15 match engine will be in this test Game World be the end of the week. I'll keep you all posted on developments.

Awesome. Slightly off topic but you are aware of alot of GW being a day behind in terms of player database etc?

Awesome. Slightly off topic but you are aware of alot of GW being a day behind in terms of player database etc?

Yes, and we're currently working on this as it's one of the bugs that is a result of the servers crashing last Friday.

Just another quick update to say that i'll be creating a test World Championship tomorrow morning. As soon as it's made i'll post the Game World ID. Anyone is welcome to join but I don't want it to be more than 50% full.

Just another quick update to say that i'll be creating a test World Championship tomorrow morning. As soon as it's made i'll post the Game World ID. Anyone is welcome to join but I don't want it to be more than 50% full.

Will be interested in joining this WC