Pavillions Test Game World

I said it was not possible without any structural weaknesses' date=' and having a man short in midfield is a weakness which can be exploited in a simple way.

First of all, "7 and 11" positions in a 3-5-2 are wing backs and you should be able to know what a wing backs job is. This is why I didn't want to reply anything because these are basics and as a football fan you should be familiar with them. A job of a wing back, lichtsteiner is the best example, is to defend the right flank, run up and down the same flank, put crosses in the box, stretch the play, provide a passing outlet on the flank and occasionally go inside the box for a header when the opportunity arises. Now you want to put two of the most proficient and skilled dribblers/creators/finishers in the world in those positions and provide them with those responsibilities which is at minimum, a waste of resources. Besides that, they are not adequate defenders thus creating a weakness which in turn can be easily exploited.[/quote']

Firstly having 4 men in midfield is nowhere even close to EVER being short a man, situation often occurs RL where one team has a 2 man midfield and dominates the game agaist the oppositions 3 man....

Now the crux of this matter and the fundamental difference of opinions here is this, you view that 3-5-2 as a solely defensive setup, I on the other hand would envisage a more attacking setup, why not? Could a team line up in RL in such fashion, unquestionably yes.... Argue your point all you wish mate, there is no denying that if this were a RL team you would not happily send out a team with 7 Reus and 11 Neymar and be 100% confident of them playing well and not 'out of position' as a wide midfield player....

It's going round in circles now so I'be made my point and you yours, let's just agree to disagree

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly having 4 men in midfield is nowhere even close to EVER being short a man' date=' situation often occurs RL where one team has a 2 man midfield and dominates the game agaist the oppositions 3 man....

Now the crux of this matter and the fundamental difference of opinions here is this, you view that 3-5-2 as a solely defensive setup, I on the other hand would envisage a more attacking setup, why not? Could a team line up in RL in such fashion, unquestionably yes.... Argue your point all you wish mate, there is no denying that if this were a RL team you would not happily send out a team with 7 Reus and 11 Neymar and be 100% confident of them playing well and not 'out of position' as a wide midfield player....

It's going round in circles now so I'be made my point and you yours, let's just agree to disagree[/quote']

I hope other people are reading this nonsense of yours and they offer more perspective.

Firstly having 4 men in midfield is nowhere even close to EVER being short a man' date=' situation often occurs RL where one team has a 2 man midfield and dominates the game agaist the oppositions 3 man....

It's going round in circles now so I'be made my point and you yours, let's just agree to disagree[/quote']

Futke line is my way. I think too it's more realistic to not allow AM(RL) to play in wide midfield. There are lot of manager abusing AM players in the mid because of a different high rated players hogging kind.

• 2 weeks later...
Just a quick heads up to say we're aiming to get the new desktop UI into both test Game Worlds in the coming days. I'm also going to look at giving some of you access to the new app that we're working on. The app isn't finished but it'll give you an idea of the look and feel.

Just one advice on new UI: it has a very dark look and it's not that good. It's too dark. Turn on the lights! Move the old SM green's brand to the foreground keeping the tradition in renewing game.

How exactly is attendance calculated in gameworlds? Inters attendance in the 2nd Pavillion Gameworld seems really low, we've noticed in our Gameworld that the same applies for Sunderland and MK Dons who seem to only fill their stadiums on Derby days but on a normal Home game (top 10 position) they struggle to fill 80% of the stadium? Is it based on real life attendance figures?

How exactly is attendance calculated in gameworlds? Inters attendance in the 2nd Pavillion Gameworld seems really low' date=' we've noticed in our Gameworld that the same applies for Sunderland and MK Dons who seem to only fill their stadiums on Derby days but on a normal Home game (top 10 position) they struggle to fill 80% of the stadium? Is it based on real life attendance figures?[/quote']

The new attendances have been introduced into the test GWs.

The new attendances have been introduced into the test GWs.

So how come Inter only managed to fill 42% of their stadium against Arsenal or 43% against PSG? They started off the season with 49k (61.5%). I'm just trying to understand how it works because we're introducing a FFP system in our custom gameworld which is based on capacity. But some teams like Sunderland can't fill 80% of their stadium even at the start of a season despite finishing 3rd the year before.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30654692/redcafe/sm/new_ffp_plan_v1_1.jpg

Above link is our FFP plan. But naturally, I don't want to punish Sunderland if its impossible for them to fill their stadium to capacity (except for derby days).

Been in the league for a matter of minutes now, and don't like anything that I've seen. Transfers were somewhat fine before. Why so small from the chairman? If I want to pay 100 mil for somebody, I should be able to. The whole SM game, is built on being able to do deals, and make transfers. This whole new concept just seems very limited in being able to do anything really.

Agreed, our gameworld is hoping that most of these features can be turned off tbh. We're all eager for the stadium enhancements and the new game engine. But player valuations and wages don't seem well balanced currently. This is 2015 not 2005, high rated players tend to be bought for 20-30m in real life now. With the top quality ones going for 40-50m+

To put it into perspective here's our Gameworlds Record Transfers for this Season (Economy - Normal, Season 9)

ÖZIL, M - Chelsea to Manchester United for £71.5M

VIDAL, A - Queens Park Rangers to Manchester United for £63.1M

XHAKA, G - Borussia Mönchengladbach to Nottingham Forest for £32.0M

IBRAHIMOVIC, Z - Queens Park Rangers to Sunderland for £27.0M

EL SHAARAWY, S - AC Milan to Arsenal for £25.1M

WELBECK, D - Everton to Chelsea for £25.0M

LUIZ, D - Manchester City to Wolverhampton Wanderers for £21.5M

CHIELLINI, G - Arsenal to Tottenham Hotspur for £21.5M & A.SANDRO

PASTORE, J - Milton Keynes Dons to Chelsea for £21.0M & C.CASEMIRO

MARTÍNEZ, I - Tottenham Hotspur to Arsenal for £18.0M

Someone bid 17m for De Bruyne, which judging by the fact he's only worth 14.2m in my Wolfsbug squad () is crazy. I'd reject bids of 45m let alone 17m. Transfermarket has his market value at 45m Euros and Manchester City bought him for 74m Euros.

There are two major points incorrect:

1) stadium building

It is essential for a small team that can increase earnings through the attendance of spectators. Otherwise no small team can never recruit top players and compete with the top teams. So it's crucial to have the possibility to expand the capacity of the stadium

2) NO to concerns that can devalue a player

In this http://forum.soccermanager.com/forum/sm-worlds/soccer-manager-game-development/suggestions-improvements/5096765-squad-sizes-player-hogging-free-agents topic ALL MANAGERS' date=' ALL, were opposed to the possibility that the preoccupations of a player could devalue its value IN REAL LIFE. Allow that a factor of game, different from every single game world, can change the real skill of a player means ruin forever this fantastic game. PLEASE STOP IT[/quote']

Critical point about stadium building for smaller clubs. Clubs cant compete in higher divisions without stadiums to match so many of the smallest clubs really have a roof on how far they can be taken.

And agree Im not such a fan of concerns devaluating players. I think this should only apply to later stages of concerns such as 3/4/5

I've been on Pavillion Test World 2 for over a week now, and I've only been able to complete out transfers. When I got Porto, there was 5 center backs in all, with some being 82 or below.(A unmanaged club shouldn't let this happen). I attempting a couple of offers, all being turned down even when offered max price. The thing is, there is always a amount that a club will accept for all but players like Messi and Ronaldo, but the min/max bid limits don't allow clubs to reach it. I would be perfectly willing to spend 8M+ on a 86 CB in order to fill the gaps in my squad, but that is higher than the 5M max bid. Finally, I haven't really been active on that world, yet I get major win after major win.

Question time: are new tactic settings going to level managers abilities/skills? It'll be more difficult to set wrong tactics because of reduced settings I think and it will be just an avg rating power matter in new ME.

I hope some SM Dev will also answer to me and my shady...

you make a good point, but an advantage of the reduced options will be having less variables so it will be easier to figure out the right combination

I think the changes are fantastic and innovative' date=' a brilliant way to force people away from the game. Great job.[/quote']

Easy fella, lets have a chance to have a look at them before jumping straight in. I know there's a multitude of things that aren't great with the game but lets not slate them just for the sake of it. At the least give a little constructive criticism even if its only a few lines.

Easy fella' date=' lets have a chance to have a look at them before jumping straight in. I know there's a multitude of things that aren't great with the game but lets not slate them just for the sake of it. At the least give a little constructive criticism even if its only a few lines. [/quote']

Exactly. People need to remember that they're in a test Game World(s) and that things might not work, will change from one day to the next etc. Also in order for us to make any changes the feedback needs to be constructive whether it's positive or negative and not just "I hate it", "It's rubbish", "Love it" etc. This doesn't add anything and if managers aren't prepared to provide proper feedback then there is no point in them being in a test Game World and i'll simply remove them.

I think it would have been better if we could see players condition from the "field image", so it will not be a headache having to scroll up all the time to make sure which players are completely fit, when selecting players for the upcoming match. There are still a lot of space available to display that. That is something that would facilitate a lot of managers time, when picking players. Also, the field image is too large as displayed on the attached picture. We have the forwards shown out on the middle of the field.