Pavillions Test Game World

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would have been better if we could see players condition from the "field image"' date=' so it will not be a headache having to scroll up all the time to make sure which players are completely fit, when selecting players for the upcoming match. There are still a lot of space available to display that. That is something that would facilitate a lot of managers time, when picking players. Also, the field image is too large as displayed on the attached picture. We have the forwards shown out on the middle of the field.[/quote']

We're still working on the tactics screen. I'll pass on your feedback and also let you know shortly what's still being worked on but i'm guessing a lot of what you've mentioned will be added or fixed.

When you click on view match you're presented with an interstitial advertisement which you can't skip for 5 seconds. Is this working as intended?

They've temporarily been put in but aren't staying as they currently are because we are planning on putting them to the right to cover the box where the Match Report button is.

Exactly. People need to remember that they're in a test Game World(s) and that things might not work' date=' will change from one day to the next etc. Also in order for us to make any changes the feedback needs to be constructive whether it's positive or negative and not just "I hate it", "It's rubbish", "Love it" etc. This doesn't add anything and if managers aren't prepared to provide proper feedback then there is no point in them being in a test Game World and i'll simply remove them.

[/quote']

If this is the case why don't you answer on a dozen of posts within this and the "SM Worlds Relaunch" threads that contain the feedback you need.

Thanks Steven.

So, for the sake of clarity. I occasionally collate the player statistics from every game in a custom game-world so that I could produce player form / performance stats in excel (being bored at work...)

If I'm collating data from a set of fixtures on a given match-day, then every time I click on view match I'll have to wait 5 seconds to click on match report so that I can copy the stats from each game? For a typical match-day that's 10 times for one division, or 40 times if I was to be particularly masochistic and collect for all 4 divisions.

If so, then ouch! Any chance that some form of data download could be allowed, just of the games' statistics, not the player ratings etc which I would understand is valuable proprietary information?

First of all, I think I speak for most, that changing the layout or colors, is the last of our concerns for the new SM Worlds Relaunch, but, I know it's going to happen. So, time well spent. For some reason, has been like this for years. Never about the game.

Here are some simple things, that I think most will agree on, that would tremendously help, and change the game for better.

Gold Championships/GM Days

1. I know that finding and dealing with cheaters, is a big problem. There has to be some better way, of eliminating the problems as a whole. Too many times, problem managers, and their duplicate accounts, or shady friends, get away with it, and move around to different GC's, just causing more problems. To help this out, #2 will come into play.
  2. GM Days, need to be GC Club Slots. Instead of buying GM Days, to allow me to manage in any GC, I should buy GC Club Slots. For instance, if I want to play in GC1, I need to buy a GC Club slot, for GC1. Once I do that, I'm able to choose a club in GC1. I will, have to manage that club though, let's say, for a minimum of 30 days, before I can either get other clubs offering me jobs, or before I quit that club, and decide to move to another club in GC1. However, I cannot quit that club in GC1, and move to, let's say, GC2. If I want to play in GC2, I'd have to pay for another GC Club Slot. This would keep managers at clubs, and also, most likely, fill out more GC's. Would also prevent cheaters, because they would not like to have pay to enter, just to help out a cheating club.

Custom Game Worlds

1. I think I speak for most, that if any of these new changes, mess with my custom setups, that I have already purchased, planned out, organized, and kept going through the years, I'm going to be truly disappointed with this website and company. This is not what I bought into years ago.
  2. Squad Caps in Custom Leagues, should be added. Just like any other SM Regular Rules when setting up the GW, when you create it, or before Turn 1. Should be able to choose from like 5 different choices. 30 seems to be a good minimum around most customs. 35, 40, 50, and maybe 100. Or just have a slide bar, where I can choose which number I want. Seems so easy not to add.
  3. More regulation from the Owner and Managers in the Custom Leagues, should be permissible, instead of always having to contact the SMFA and waiting on them. If there's a problem manager(s), some sort of voting system should be allowed to remove them from the league. Like the Owner of the GW gets like 25% of the vote, and once other managers do vote and reach the majority, which would be 50%, then the problem should be removed, without dealing with the SMFA. This would take care of the numerous Bug Tickets that are sent in, for stupid things, such as these. If somebody purchases a Custom GW, they and the managers in it, should be able to rule over what they've created.

Layout

1. There is one thing, that would probably help the layout, and that is more Tick Boxes, for simple things. Like sending players to my youth Squad. Instead of having to select every player individually, I could just go down the list of Tick Boxes, and select who should be sent down to the youth squad. Then click one button to send them down. Not like 3 Clicks for Every Individual. Same could be used in Loan Listing, Adding Players to First Team, Shortlisting, etc, etc. Seems so easy, not to add.

Transfers

1. Transfers right now, compared to what you guys are planning on doing, is 100% better than what y'all are about to do to the market. I know, we as managers, also want to be the chairman and owner, because basically, that's what we are. So, let us be that, please. Take away the minimums. There should never be that. Let the Managers decide what a player's worth, and let us run with that. If I want to pay 50 Mil for a player, because this manager says that's what he's worth to him, then I should be able to pay 50 Mil for him. Hmm, sounds like that's a bit more realistic to me.

Cash

1. Needs to be more relevant. Simple as that. P/E rule, especially in GC's. One simple solution I have, leads to this...

Stadiums

1. Seems like every manager at smaller clubs, shoot, even at some big clubs, want to add to their stadiums. Cash can become more relevant, if I can invest some of that cash, back into the club, like for the stadium. Should be able to add. What would 10 Mil add to a stadiums capacity. 5,000 Seats? 10,000 Seats? 20,000 Seats. I don't really know, but something like that needs to be done. This would cause more managers to sell players for cash, causing money to become more relevant. This would allow clubs to add to their stadiums, to be able to get more players of higher quality to pay for wages, letting smaller clubs become more relevant. There should be some sort of Max Cap for Stadiums, like 100,000. After that, you can't add any more.

Some simple things I've been saying on the forum, in bug tickets, and in emails through the years. But nothing...

...I've posted this just recently on another Thread.

SM Has 10 Soccer Manager Principles. I think they need to go back and take a look at them again, because here are a few.

#3 - Soccer Manager is the peoples game, developed by soccer fans for soccer fans. Therefore we welcome any ideas and suggestions you have for making 'your' game better. Already, many ideas that have been submitted to us via the community forums have since become key features of Soccer Manager.

#7 - There is a philosophy at Soccer Manager that the customer comes first, and as a result you can rest assured that there is an extremely hard working and dedicated team, working with the intention to keep 'your' favourite soccer manager game running as smoothly as possible.

I'd like to point out that 'your' is in quotation marks in both numbers.

I read from somebody else on the forum, that SM just wants you to think this, like an illusion. They will always do what they want to do first, and never listen to any new ideas.

Hope this isn't true.

Cheers

When I go on Team > Schedule and click on one of the "20:00", the Match Preview screen layout looks a bit messed up. Screenshot link. If you look to the right of where "Previous Meetings" is, the formatting for the rest of the information is messed up and off screen.

I'm not a big fan of how much space the Fixtures take up on a Schedule. Is there any possibility of adding an option in for an alternate, more streamlined view like there is currently with all information - fixture date, team name etc - on one line? Just to give people a choice of whether to stick with new view or see things more streamlined.

On Team > Squad, when I click on a player's name and click on Statistics, the colour for the numbers is the same colour as the background so you can't read the numbers. Screenshot link. Also, regarding the player page, are we going to be able to see stats from previous seasons? I'm really not a fan of how that looks now and again prefer the current way of seeing down a list of previous seasons at a glance and knowing how many appearances or goals a player has had in his time at the club.

Is the 2D pitch view from SM 2016 going to be added to Worlds at any point in the future?

Thanks Steven.

So' date=' for the sake of clarity. I occasionally collate the player statistics from every game in a custom game-world so that I could produce player form / performance stats in excel (being bored at work...)

If I'm collating data from a set of fixtures on a given match-day, then every time I click on view match I'll have to wait 5 seconds to click on match report so that I can copy the stats from each game? For a typical match-day that's 10 times for one division, or 40 times if I was to be particularly masochistic and collect for all 4 divisions.

If so, then ouch! Any chance that some form of data download could be allowed, just of the games' statistics, not the player ratings etc which I would understand is valuable proprietary information?[/quote']

The view match link from schedule will go to the match report page so you won't see any advert. Its linking to the wrong place at the moment,

We understand that managers can have multiple clubs and therefore being forced to view a video would be very time consuming and off putting and ruin the experience. This is something that we don't want to do. Regarding the data download, i'll get this flagged up to see if something can be put in place down the line.

When I go on Team > Schedule and click on one of the "20:00"' date=' the Match Preview screen layout looks a bit messed up. Screenshot link. If you look to the right of where "Previous Meetings" is, the formatting for the rest of the information is messed up and off screen.

Cheers i'll get that flagged up with the ui team.

I'm not a big fan of how much space the Fixtures take up on a Schedule. Is there any possibility of adding an option in for an alternate' date=' more streamlined view like there is currently with all information - fixture date, team name etc - on one line? Just to give people a choice of whether to stick with new view or see things more streamlined.[/quote']

This area is still being worked on so i'll pass on your suggestions.

On Team > Squad' date=' when I click on a player's name and click on Statistics, the colour for the numbers is the same colour as the background so you can't read the numbers. Screenshot link. Also, regarding the player page, are we going to be able to see stats from previous seasons? I'm really not a fan of how that looks now and again prefer the current way of seeing down a list of previous seasons at a glance and knowing how many appearances or goals a player has had in his time at the club.

Spotted that earlier myself re the colours and i've flagged this up. I like seeing stats as well so understand what you mean by being able to see previous seasons. This shouldn't be excluded so it's been flagged up.

Is the 2D pitch view from SM 2016 going to be added to Worlds at any point in the future?

Hopefully this will be added going forward and to start in the form of highlights.

1. I know that finding and dealing with cheaters' date=' is a big problem. There has to be some better way, of eliminating the problems as a whole. Too many times, problem managers, and their duplicate accounts, or shady friends, get away with it, and move around to different GC's, just causing more problems. To help this out, #2 will come into play.
    [*']GM Days, need to be GC Club Slots. Instead of buying GM Days, to allow me to manage in any GC, I should buy GC Club Slots. For instance, if I want to play in GC1, I need to buy a GC Club slot, for GC1. Once I do that, I'm able to choose a club in GC1. I will, have to manage that club though, let's say, for a minimum of 30 days, before I can either get other clubs offering me jobs, or before I quit that club, and decide to move to another club in GC1. However, I cannot quit that club in GC1, and move to, let's say, GC2. If I want to play in GC2, I'd have to pay for another GC Club Slot. This would keep managers at clubs, and also, most likely, fill out more GC's. Would also prevent cheaters, because they would not like to have pay to enter, just to help out a cheating club.

You're better off putting the above into a new thread for others to discuss as we currently don't have any plans at this moment to change how you enter a Gold Championship. However, we can monitor the discussion to see what ideas everyone has and review at a future date.

Custom Game Worlds

1. I think I speak for most' date=' that if any of these new changes, mess with my custom setups, that I have already purchased, planned out, organized, and kept going through the years, I'm going to be truly disappointed with this website and company. This is not what I bought into years ago.
    [*']Squad Caps in Custom Leagues, should be added. Just like any other SM Regular Rules when setting up the GW, when you create it, or before Turn 1. Should be able to choose from like 5 different choices. 30 seems to be a good minimum around most customs. 35, 40, 50, and maybe 100. Or just have a slide bar, where I can choose which number I want. Seems so easy not to add.
  2. More regulation from the Owner and Managers in the Custom Leagues, should be permissible, instead of always having to contact the SMFA and waiting on them. If there's a problem manager(s), some sort of voting system should be allowed to remove them from the league. Like the Owner of the GW gets like 25% of the vote, and once other managers do vote and reach the majority, which would be 50%, then the problem should be removed, without dealing with the SMFA. This would take care of the numerous Bug Tickets that are sent in, for stupid things, such as these. If somebody purchases a Custom GW, they and the managers in it, should be able to rule over what they've created.

It's best to create a new thread to discuss additional rules to Custom Game Worlds as we aren't making any changes to them at present. Again we will monitor this thread and review it when we pencil in making any possible changes. With regards to a Custom Game World owner being able to remove a manager, that won't be introduced because from experience it will be misused.

Layout

1. There is one thing' date=' that would probably help the layout, and that is more Tick Boxes, for simple things. Like sending players to my youth Squad. Instead of having to select every player individually, I could just go down the list of Tick Boxes, and select who should be sent down to the youth squad. Then click one button to send them down. Not like 3 Clicks for Every Individual. Same could be used in Loan Listing, Adding Players to First Team, Shortlisting, etc, etc. Seems so easy, not to add.
    [/list']
This has been requested before and I think the general consensus was that it weren't going to change but i'll flag it up once more.
Transfers

1. Transfers right now' date=' compared to what you guys are planning on doing, is 100% better than what y'all are about to do to the market. I know, we as managers, also want to be the chairman and owner, because basically, that's what we are. So, let us be that, please. Take away the minimums. There should never be that. Let the Managers decide what a player's worth, and let us run with that. If I want to pay 50 Mil for a player, because this manager says that's what he's worth to him, then I should be able to pay 50 Mil for him. Hmm, sounds like that's a bit more realistic to me.[/quote']
    Whilst I understand your points they could be open to abuse and this would only encourage cheating. That is why there are boundaries in place to work within when buying / selling a player.

Cash

[*]Needs to be more relevant. Simple as that. P/E rule' date=' especially in GC's. One simple solution I have, leads to this...

[/list']

Please see this post.

Stadiums

[*]Seems like every manager at smaller clubs' date=' shoot, even at some big clubs, want to add to their stadiums. Cash can become more relevant, if I can invest some of that cash, back into the club, like for the stadium. Should be able to add. What would 10 Mil add to a stadiums capacity. 5,000 Seats? 10,000 Seats? 20,000 Seats. I don't really know, but something like that needs to be done. This would cause more managers to sell players for cash, causing money to become more relevant. This would allow clubs to add to their stadiums, to be able to get more players of higher quality to pay for wages, letting smaller clubs become more relevant. There should be some sort of Max Cap for Stadiums, like 100,000. After that, you can't add any more.

[/list']

I can understand your reasoning for this as we discussed having it this way ourselves but decided against it as it can upset the balance within a Game World. That is why we have decided to make changes based as laid out within this post.

None of your answers make sense to me. I've posted all this before, over the years, in the correct places on the forum.

But still nothing...

Can't believe I got suckered into buying more GM Days, thinking that y'all would be changing the game for the better.

Seems for the worse.

Every single one of my points, would make SM Worlds, run better and more smoothly.

Why the limits?

We are the owners/chairmans/managers of all these clubs. I don't have a personal conversation with my "made up" chairman about who I want to sign. Seems so silly.

I'm sorry, but if any of these new changes, come into my custom game worlds, I will be done with SM, for good.

And once again, you've taken my money.

Cheers

I've been on Pavillion Test World 2 for over a week now' date=' and I've only been able to complete out transfers. When I got Porto, there was 5 center backs in all, with some being 82 or below.(A unmanaged club shouldn't let this happen). I attempting a couple of offers, all being turned down even when offered max price. The thing is, there is always a amount that a club will accept for all but players like Messi and Ronaldo, but the min/max bid limits don't allow clubs to reach it. I would be perfectly willing to spend 8M+ on a 86 CB in order to fill the gaps in my squad, but that is higher than the 5M max bid. Finally, I haven't really been active on that world, yet I get major win after major win.[/quote']

That's a big issue, I have the same problem. I need a CB and a RM , but all the bids I made to external and unmanaged clubs

have been rejected. I tried with 6 or 7 CBs but nothing, none of those bids have been accepted.

So I have to play with a DM as CB and a AM as RM. In addiction I had some similar problems with some under80 rated too.

Is that just a temporary problem or is going to be like that?

That's a big issue' date=' I have the same problem. I need a CB and a RM , but all the bids I made to external and unmanaged clubs

have been rejected. I tried with 6 or 7 CBs but nothing, none of those bids have been accepted.

So I have to play with a DM as CB and a AM as RM. In addiction I had some similar problems with some under80 rated too.

Is that just a temporary problem or is going to be like that?

[/quote']

That sounds like a bug. I'll flag it up in the morning.

I gave my feedback in a separate thread a week ago with no comments at all, like pretty much all of my posts that get ignored despite providing feedback which is something you what Steven.

fwiw, the "bug" has been pointed out dozens of times in this thread and in the News section in the gameworld.

Honestly losing my patience with this forum and the game.

I gave my feedback in a separate thread a week ago with no comments at all' date=' like pretty much all of my posts that get ignored despite providing feedback which is something you what Steven.

fwiw, the "bug" has been pointed out dozens of times in this thread and in the News section in the gameworld.

Honestly losing my patience with this forum and the game.[/quote']

Agree to that!

I feel so stupid for buying more GM Days recently.

I really thought they might be changing for the better.

Just making it worse.

Just taking my money and using it for what they want.

Just not that fun anymore.

Agree to that!

I feel so stupid for buying more GM Days recently.

I really thought they might be changing for the better.

Just making it worse.

Just taking my money and using it for what they want.

Just not that fun anymore.

I'm honestly failing to see any logic in the changes they're making. The wages will cripple small clubs' date=' the player value changes cripple small clubs, punishing players in different positions (despite it being their position according to the game) cripples small clubs with small squads.

Basically the entire premise of these changes is to try and level the playing field and all it will do is making the clubs with large stadiums have a bigger advantage. An issue we've brought up and has been discarded/ignored.

Part of the addiction with this game is being able to scout for players and yet the changes they're implementing will mean scouting will become less relevant because small clubs won't be able to have larger squads as they won't be able to afford the wages nor will can they make profits from selling players on because of the rubbish player valuations.

So congratulations SM on providing us with a huge update that will effectively destroy the game. How about someone bothers to reply to our posts and put our minds at ease or will at least debate with us the reasoning behind these changes? Nope, they'll just carry on with pointless updates.

Fwiw, I probably spend way too much time on the game and for our custom gameworlds have come up with images like the below:

[url']https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30654692/redcafe/sm/youth_table_new_m4.jpg[/url]

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30654692/redcafe/sm/youth_graph_new_m4.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30654692/redcafe/sm/squad_value_table_s10.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30654692/redcafe/sm/nf_s10_squad.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30654692/redcafe/sm/nottingham_forest_s10_squad_detailed.gif

This is where the game should be going. To provide managers with more analysis and comparisons about their squads in comparison to others in their gameworld. fwiw, I wouldn't even be able to do half of these images with the current GUI because there's too much data missing (like rating history for example).

Initial thought is the texture is too busy and colourful, distracting from the reason we are here (to buy players and compete). But that's a cosmetic comment.

In terms of the game it looks like the formation options are new, and the ubiquitous 352 still works, that's a relief as it went weird in the pavillions test world

On ting which appears to be missing is the "Play Style" options from the in game Instructions. I always just picked "Counter Attack" but it along with "Men Behind Ball" "Play Offside" &cetera is gone. Am I missing it or is it really gone? I see "Target Man" is also gone, but I won't miss that so much.

Originally posted by rio31 View Post

1. I know that finding and dealing with cheaters, is a big problem. There has to be some better way, of eliminating the problems as a whole. Too many times, problem managers, and their duplicate accounts, or shady friends, get away with it, and move around to different GC's, just causing more problems. To help this out, #2 will come into play.
      2. GM Days, need to be GC Club Slots. Instead of buying GM Days, to allow me to manage in any GC, I should buy GC Club Slots. For instance, if I want to play in GC1, I need to buy a GC Club slot, for GC1. Once I do that, I'm able to choose a club in GC1. I will, have to manage that club though, let's say, for a minimum of 30 days, before I can either get other clubs offering me jobs, or before I quit that club, and decide to move to another club in GC1. However, I cannot quit that club in GC1, and move to, let's say, GC2. If I want to play in GC2, I'd have to pay for another GC Club Slot. This would keep managers at clubs, and also, most likely, fill out more GC's. Would also prevent cheaters, because they would not like to have pay to enter, just to help out a cheating club.

Response from SM: You're better off putting the above into a new thread for others to discuss as we currently don't have any plans at this moment to change how you enter a Gold Championship. However, we can monitor the discussion to see what ideas everyone has and review at a future date.

eboj's addage... I think that rio31 is just using Gold Championships as an example. Perhaps it is the best example, but I think the concept could be used for all leagues/teams. What if anytime you took control of a club (regardless of what league, custom, GC, whatever) it consumed that "club slot". So once you take control of that club, you are using that "club slot", and if you decide to quit the club, you lose that "club slot" and don't get it back. You either have to wait until you are granted more club slots via SM loyalty or reputation or whatever, or you have to buy another club slot.

The point being made is not about Gold Championships, as much as it is about encouraging managers to be loyal to their clubs.

Transfers

1. Transfers right now, compared to what you guys are planning on doing, is 100% better than what y'all are about to do to the market. I know, we as managers, also want to be the chairman and owner, because basically, that's what we are. So, let us be that, please. Take away the minimums. There should never be that. Let the Managers decide what a player's worth, and let us run with that. If I want to pay 50 Mil for a player, because this manager says that's what he's worth to him, then I should be able to pay 50 Mil for him. Hmm, sounds like that's a bit more realistic to me.

1. Whilst I understand your points they could be open to abuse and this would only encourage cheating. That is why there are boundaries in place to work within when buying / selling a player.

--------

eboj's addage... First, I think the changes that are in line to be made should be made with the honest and loyal SM customers in mind, not because SM percieves that it would "encourage cheating..." Cheaters will try and cheat, but how is the proposed change by rio31 going to encourage it anymore than as is already the reality?

I think there can be steps taken to prevent cheaters and regulate double accounts, etc. Read my previous post for just one idea that would discourage cheating in GWs. But what "we", by "we" I mean the loyal and honest SM gamers who legitimately care about the development of Soccer Manager who are taking their own time to provide feedback and discussion on ways the game could improve... what "we" want is the most realistic and life like gameplay as possible, and player evaluations and transfers are at the top of that list for me. We have to be able to be our chairman's and place our own valuations on players... it's the only way "we" all stay interested.

I manage Borussia Monchengladbach in one of the test GWs. Just to make the point I went to make an offer for Kevin DeBruyne... who was sold to Manchester City in REAL LIFE for 50 million! However in the test world I was only able to make a maximum transfer bid of 15.7 million... What? ...We want realism SM, and that bogus.

Take steps to minimize cheaters, of course, but do not discount the quality of your product as a consequence. If you do that, the cheaters win and "we" all leave.

1. I know that finding and dealing with cheaters' date=' is a big problem. There has to be some better way, of eliminating the problems as a whole. Too many times, problem managers, and their duplicate accounts, or shady friends, get away with it, and move around to different GC's, just causing more problems. To help this out, #2 will come into play.[/i']

Response from SM: You're better off putting the above into a new thread for others to discuss as we currently don't have any plans at this moment to change how you enter a Gold Championship. However, we can monitor the discussion to see what ideas everyone has and review at a future date.

eboj's addage... I think that rio31 is just using Gold Championships as an example. Perhaps it is the best example, but I think the concept could be used for all leagues/teams. What if anytime you took control of a club (regardless of what league, custom, GC, whatever) it consumed that "club slot". So once you take control of that club, you are using that "club slot", and if you decide to quit the club, you lose that "club slot" and don't get it back. You either have to wait until you are granted more club slots via SM loyalty or reputation or whatever, or you have to buy another club slot.

The point being made is not about Gold Championships, as much as it is about encouraging managers to be loyal to their clubs.

Again this needs putting into a separate thread as this one is to discuss the changes that have been implemented into our test Game Worlds.