Insider's thoughts on the MLS (2015)

So I've received a few requests lately asking me to get back to what I used to do, researching young players and risers around the world. I had stopped for a while because of my degree, but I'm done the coursework now and just have readings to do, meaning there's always some kind of football on my laptop in the background. I've been watching all over the world, so I figured why not take the time to share some findings.

Let me know:

1) if there is even still a demand for this kind of thread

2) if the format works for you

3) which league to do next (I've watched quite a bit from Brazil (obviously), Argentina, Sweden and Norway, so ideally one of those would be next. Y'know, summer leagues.

CHI.png

Projections:

Matt Polster 70 -- 78

Harrison Shipp 78 -- 81

30ivmna.jpg

Axel Sjoberg 70 -- 76

Dominique Badji 73 -- 75

2cfdq1z.jpg

Mohammed Saied 77 -- 80

azaxox.jpg

Alex Zendejas 70 -- 74

Ryan Hollingshead 75 -- 79

Tesho Akindele 78 -- 81

Victor Ulloa 77 - 81

a3o4eg.jpg

Kofi Opare 76 -- 79

Miguel Aguilar 70 -- 75

Conor Doyle 76 -- 79

2hhhmrn.jpg

Alexander Lopez 77 - 80

Rob Lovejoy 70 -- 75

Tyler Deric 76 -- 80

2uthstw.jpg

Bradford Jamieson IV 72 -- 75

Sebastian Lletget 73 -- 77

Ignacio Maganto 70 -- 75

28i3jug.jpg

Donny Toia 78 -- 81

Victor Cabrera 75 -- 77

igvuwy.jpg

London Woodberry 74 -- 78

Scott Caldwell 78 -- 82

t4xoxj.jpg

Khiry Shelton 70 -- 77

Patrick Mullins 75 -- 79

RJ Allen __ -- 76

Shay Facey 75 -- 75

Thomas McNamara 72 -- 77

Kwadwo Poku 75 -- 77

Part 2. Stats and projections as of July 14th, 2015

1zbvrjt.jpg

Anatole Abang 70 -- 75

Chris Duvall 77 -- 79

Mike Miazga 75 -- 79

Sean Davis 70 -- 74

10xylc8.jpg

Cyle Larin 70 -- 78

Rafael Ramos 75 --- 80

Pedro Ribeiro 73 -- 77

Luke Boden 74 -- 77

j63jpl.jpg

Brian Sylvestre 70 -- 76

Erik Ayuk 70 -- 77

Richie Marquez 73 -- 77

Zach Pfeffer 75 -- 77

huhmyu.jpg

Alvas Powell 77 -- 80

George Fochive 70 -- 73

316xont.jpg

Elias Vaquez 73 -- 78

Jordan Allen 73 -- 77

Sebastian Saucedo 70 -- 74

John Stertzer 73 -- 76 (12 games, 6 starts, 1 goal)

10yq5pu.jpg

Fatai Alashe 70 -- 78

mwqy6s.jpg

Christian Roldan 70 -- 76

Darwin Jones 70 -- 73

263bgiv.jpg

Amadou Dia 70 -- 77

Kevin Ellis 76 -- 79

2jbjkt5.jpg

Chris Konopka 73 -- 76

Jay Chapman 70 -- 74

23k21c2.jpg

Sam Adekugbe 72 -- 75

Kianz Froese 70 -- 73

Tim Parker 70 -- 74

This is some top quality work man! I posted a list of likely risers in the other thread but this is next level :)

I think some of the predictions may be a bit optimistic, I remember having Hagglund and Serna for before and they only got +5/6s despite playing a lot more games.

Also, Shay Facey to be downgrade to 70 seems like it could be a mistake :P

This is some top quality work man! I posted a list of likely risers in the other thread but this is next level :)

I think some of the predictions may be a bit optimistic' date=' I remember having Hagglund and Serna for before and they only got +5/6s despite playing a lot more games. [/quote']

The way I see it, neither Hagglund nor Serna played as well as some of these players have been playing. Plus, I think the MLS as a whole is due for a bump upwards given that the quality of the league has gone up over the past two or three years. It's much, much better and infinitely more watchable.

The way I see it' date=' neither Hagglund nor Serna played as well as some of these players have been playing. Plus, I think the MLS as a whole is due for a bump upwards given that the quality of the league has gone up over the past two or three years. It's much, much better and infinitely more watchable.[/quote']

Fair enough, I can't recall ever watching an MLS game in my life :P I've picked up all the 10k players that have got minutes anyway, +7/8s would be insane for my team :D

+2s for Lovejoy and Parker... Thanks SM :( Calling it, they won't be reviewed for another season

Just watched Columbus play Chicago. Matt Polster started his first game as a central defender (he usually holds the midfield position). He had a few struggles (he's much smaller than the man he was marking, Kei Kamara, the MLS leading scorer), but man that kid has heart. He's a future captain for the squad and looked like a veteran. One of Chicago's best already. If he's not taken in your league, snap him up immediately.

Chicago also started 23 year old left back Patrick Doody, who played relatively well and should get some more playing time as the season continues. He's not yet on in DB.

Aslo watched NYCFC and TFC from last weekend. Crazy 4-4 result. The defending was awful.

As far as individuals go, Shay Facey (NYC - loan from Man City) was pretty bad, but it's very challenging to defend Giovinco. I'll reserve judgement for another game. Thomas McNamara... shame he's already gotten a +3, he will likely deserve more. Very active, good supply for David Villa. It'll be challenging for NYC to manage all the options they have going forward; I wouldn't be surprised to see Villa alone up front with McNamara and Shelton or Ballouchy on the wings, and a central trio of Diskerud, Lampard and Pirlo. Angelino subbed into the game at the half and injected it with life. This kid is fun to watch, he has a very bright future, considering this was his professional debut.

For those who bought into Hagglund last season (I'm one of them), he played and was pretty bad. Expect TFC to get a shiny new defensive pairing soon. They need it if they want to compete.