Seriously, what is wrong with this game?

Yo,

Since i dont have anything better to do at a sunday night decided to argue a little.

Srs what the heck is wrong with this system?

My team that was dominating the league and beating almost everyone(managed to land 2 trophies)is no where to be found,after that season i cant get hold of myself,i m losing or drawin.The season after i finished 7th,season after i finished 11th and now in 3rd one i lost 2 games to the most easiest teams in the league :o

How can both Bale and Sanchez be dominated by A.Gomez and Belhanda?(i ve picked attacking on both flanks)

First of all, I suggest you to post your squad rooster and main tactic so it might be possible to give some ideas to tweak it.

Second thing, have you tried to exchanged main tactic or you always use the same tactic seasons after seasons? Keeping always the same tactic on longer extended periods, it might render your team predictable on the long run.

First of all' date=' I suggest you to post your squad rooster and main tactic so it might be possible to give some ideas to tweak it.

Second thing, have you tried to exchanged main tactic or you always use the same tactic seasons after seasons? Keeping always the same tactic on longer extended periods, it might render your team predictable on the long run. [/quote']

I doubt that would help it and yeah i changed my tactics and formations numerous time.But okay i ll share it with you and hopefully you can help me.

GKs

Leno,Rajkovic

Defence

Otamendi,De Vrij,Abdenour,Chambers,Kurzawa,Danilo

Middlefield

Modric,Coutinho,Firmino,Lucas Moura,Barkley,Kondogbia,Markovic,Iturbe

Attack

Bale,Sanchez,Falcao,Icardi,Volland,Mitrovic

I usually play 3-5-2(since it brought me succes in that miracle season)but changed it to 4 at the back and it wasnt that good.

Tactics:

Tackling Style-Normal

Mentality-Attacking

Passing Style-Mixed

Attacking Style-Mixed

Tempo-Fast

Pressing-All Over

Counter Attack-Yes

Men Behind Ball-Yes

Tight Marking-Yes

Play Offside-No

Use Targetman-No

I mean i get it if i lose to a team that has the same rating or better but if i get hammered by a team with 89 rating its just wrong.

I doubt that would help it and yeah i changed my tactics and formations numerous time.But okay i ll share it with you and hopefully you can help me.

GKs

Leno' date='Rajkovic

Defence

Otamendi,De Vrij,Abdenour,Chambers,Kurzawa,Danilo

Middlefield

Modric,Coutinho,Firmino,Lucas Moura,Barkley,Kondogbia,Markovic,Iturbe

Attack

Bale,Sanchez,Falcao,Icardi,Volland,Mitrovic

I usually play 3-5-2(since it brought me succes in that miracle season)but changed it to 4 at the back and it wasnt that good.

Tactics:

Tackling Style-Normal

Mentality-Attacking

Passing Style-Mixed

Attacking Style-Mixed

Tempo-Fast

Pressing-All Over

Counter Attack-Yes

Men Behind Ball-Yes

Tight Marking-Yes

Play Offside-No

Use Targetman-No

I mean i get it if i lose to a team that has the same rating or better but if i get hammered by a team with 89 rating its just wrong.[/quote']

I see several quality players, good job for signing them and in my opinion, the team looks a "bit too attacking"..

If you go with 352, your team would better suited with a rm and lm on the flanks. The instruction are already attacking, and if you put offensive wingers instead of lateral midfielders that also provide cover aside supporting, the flanks weakness of a 3 men defense is easily exploitable.

I suggest you to try a more balanced formation, while retaining an attacking mindset....

This for example:

433w

Leno

Danilo De Vrji Otamendi Kurzawa

Modric (deep lying playmaker)

Kondogbia Coutinho

Bale Sanchez

Falcao

I'd keep most of your instructions, with the removal of "men behind the ball" which is kinda contradictory with attacking mentality in favour of "play offside: yes"....... Also adding "Use playmaker: Modric". Attacking style depends on the opponent as well, but I'd use mostly down the flanks, to use at best Bale and Sanchez.... If the experiment goes well, I'd try to add some depth to the defense and CM department, as your team is well stocked with attacking players. Good luck with your team!

I see several quality players' date=' good job for signing them and in my opinion, the team looks a "bit too attacking"..

If you go with 352, your team would better suited with a rm and lm on the flanks. The instruction are already attacking, and if you put offensive wingers instead of lateral midfielders that also provide cover aside supporting, the flanks weakness of a 3 men defense is easily exploitable.

I suggest you to try a more balanced formation, while retaining an attacking mindset....

This for example:

433w

Leno

Danilo De Vrji Otamendi Kurzawa

Modric (deep lying playmaker)

Kondogbia Coutinho

Bale Sanchez

Falcao

I'd keep most of your instructions, with the removal of "men behind the ball" which is kinda contradictory with attacking mentality in favour of "play offside: yes"....... Also adding "Use playmaker: Modric". Attacking style depends on the opponent as well, but I'd use mostly down the flanks, to use at best Bale and Sanchez.... If the experiment goes well, I'd try to add some depth to the defense and CM department, as your team is well stocked with attacking players. Good luck with your team![/quote']

Playing Modric as a playmaker at DM positions?

Wouldnt it be better to play Kondogbia there? OR to play Coutinho and Firmino?

But i ll give it a shot,have my match tomorrow.

Thanks !

I see several quality players' date=' good job for signing them and in my opinion, the team looks a "bit too attacking"..

If you go with 352, your team would better suited with a rm and lm on the flanks.[/quote']

Do you really think that this game is advanced enough to care who you put on the flanks as long as they are green?

• 2 months later...

Do you really think that this game is advanced enough to care who you put on the flanks as long as they are green?

Agreed entirely, it's like other detailed stats such as height; in my experience it seems to have no significant impact whatsoever regarding tailoring tactics to suit minor edges that you look to exploit. For instance there have been times where I use a guy up front who's 6"3+ like Dzeko and he has been up against Mascherano - one of the smallest players in the game who can be used in the CB position and we have had no joy whatsoever from crosses after watching text commentary.

It seems that the only factors that the engine takes into consideration are your formation, ratings & condition in relation to the opposition.

• 1 month later...

v2uqo9.jpg

This is stats from one of around 10 results I've had in my current season where I've dominated and lost. It's extremely tedious to login to find time after time that I've controlled a game, my 90 rated GK has had a nightmare and the lower rated oppo GK is motm. 

Fair enough if it happened infrequently, but its all the time. The new match engine was supposed to make ratings more decisive, yet I see no evidence of this

v2uqo9.jpg

This is stats from one of around 10 results I've had in my current season where I've dominated and lost. It's extremely tedious to login to find time after time that I've controlled a game, my 90 rated GK has had a nightmare and the lower rated oppo GK is motm. 

Fair enough if it happened infrequently, but its all the time. The new match engine was supposed to make ratings more decisive, yet I see no evidence of this

The match engine has changed so you need to scrap whatever you think you know and start experimenting. I did this the moment the update hit and I am finding results are much more consistent now with my 92 average rated Atletico Madrid team. For one, the 4-2-3-1 B formation is clearly the standard formation to start with as this reflects how teams usually line up today. For a long time managers in SM, have been using the 3-5-2 which has not been in regular use by managers in the real game for the best part of a decade. Van Gaal tried it last season at United and wingers in the EPL ran rings around the back 3. The weakness on the flanks has been accentuated greatly.