im surly not alone in asking for a limit on squad sizes managers just buying players that wont get in their side so just loan them out so no one else can buy them making most game world pointless even quicker concerns would help if a player believes hes good enough to start for that team or someone else ,or even decide not to sign for them if hes not guaranteed a start or limited game time ,who decides this ?

• 3 weeks later...

this has been an issue for the longest time which SM has failed to address despite many users asking for it. I am in setups where managers are only interested in hogging hundreds (yes hundreds) of players, inviting their friends, then selling them at inflated prices. This causes prices of players to get inflated and it forces you into having to stockpile players too like an arms race or something to be able to compete.

A squad cap is definitely needed for standard GW and there should be options for Custom GW on what the cap should be and if it should be on or off.

• 2 months later...

Does the update help limit 'player hogging' in any way? Would love to see a squad cap (including players loaned out) of say 45-50. Why do you need anymore? A squad cap would help with the longactivity of that GW.

Would like to see a restriction on the amount of players that any one club can loan out. This would also assist with the 'player hogging' issue.

• 4 weeks later...

bare in mind that some aspects of the game are reality based, so squad capping is not an option really. say for example the squad was capped at 50, this wouldn't be applicable to the big teams. Teams like Chelsea, Juventus, Barcalona, Real Madrid and AC Milan in reality have over 50 players out on loan. Remember when a team is unmanaged the club will search for it's players and sign them. what would really help player hogging is the amount of players of a particular rating you are allowed to have. that is the real issue. because buying youth players is completely fair; when manager starting to hog all the big name and upcoming players then it becomes a problem.

I think SM is trying to address this issue by greatly increasing the wages for the players so that player hoggers will be 'punished' and go into debt very quickly.

In fact, i do think its a bit over the top and it punishes other players who do not player hog. I'm not entirely sure how SM would balance this wage outflow and receipt money inflow issue. I'm practically bleeding a few millions for all my clubs on away games. It's quite sad to see that the cash reserves that one has built up painstakingly over the years by making shrewd deals mixed with lots of patience being withered down like that.

• 2 weeks later...

bare in mind that some aspects of the game are reality based, so squad capping is not an option really. say for example the squad was capped at 50, this wouldn't be applicable to the big teams. Teams like Chelsea, Juventus, Barcalona, Real Madrid and AC Milan in reality have over 50 players out on loan. Remember when a team is unmanaged the club will search for it's players and sign them. what would really help player hogging is the amount of players of a particular rating you are allowed to have. that is the real issue. because buying youth players is completely fair; when manager starting to hog all the big name and upcoming players then it becomes a problem.

I agree. A squad cap is not applicable, for instance Chelsea have a lot of players, but they also often do money spinning by selling players given their limited incomes to maintain the squad economy. Speaking of which, a feature that allows to invest directly cash in stadium expansions would be great (with some limitations of course), now that wages are realistic but incomes are not.

The main problem with hogging, it's not the squad size itself. It's rather that there are teams with two or more 88+ goalkeepers and 89+ outfield players that regularly warm the bench. More than a limit of said players,in my opinion it's better to put a faster escalation in players concerns that don't play the needed gametime according to SM dispositions. 

Disagree. The main problem of hogging is the "effect" ie hogging results in a dormant transfer market. It becomes impossible to sign players.

Agree that player concerns should be speedier but also random transfer requests from any unhappy player.

I would also suggest that players should randomly decide to run down their contract.

A manager might think that his prize asset is not for sale but the player might decide otherwise.....! And decide to run down his contract and leave

Disagree. The main problem of hogging is the "effect" ie hogging results in a dormant transfer market. It becomes impossible to sign players.

Agree that player concerns should be speedier but also random transfer requests from any unhappy player.

I would also suggest that players should randomly decide to run down their contract.

A manager might think that his prize asset is not for sale but the player might decide otherwise.....! And decide to run down his contract and leave

Players deciding to run down their contracts is the second best suggestion for 'Game Improvements' I have heard on this forum  :wub:

The best being a squad cap of 40-50. 

The pros would outweigh the cons as far as both are concerned imo

Thus why I said to make concerns faster and harsher as squad cap is not applicable, teams will try to recreate themselves to default squad and 40-50 is too low as a limit, considering several teams like Real Madrid Chelsea Ajax Barcelona etc have easily more than 50 players... Concerns will make player available without the need of squad cups. 40/50 limits is way too low. But maybe 100+ would work.

Agree on random transfer request, but only by unhappy players. A player happy in their own club will not decide to leave randomly the club running down their contract, therefore your proposal of doing so it's completely unrealistic. And it would favour big clubs that can replace easier the player...! While small mid clubs would have trouble to replace a star player lost, due to new economy settings. Besides that as long as the club is in active balance, they have full power on their own players and deciding who is or not for sale. So if a player is not for sale then he is not for sale, period. Only player concerns and debt situations can bypass the manager decision. Let's just agree to disagree.

Cap should be 75 imo so not to completely ruin it for big youth teams but still stop the 150+ player tams etc.

From what ive seen so far with my 1 Op team (avg rating 96) in my oldest rando non competitive EC, the wages hurt. Before i had Pogba, Gotze, Vidal, Godin, Muller (94), Costa and Kane on the bench and have since had to sell Costa and Fabregas and its still bleeding.

Cap should be 75 imo so not to completely ruin it for big youth teams but still stop the 150+ player tams etc.

From what ive seen so far with my 1 Op team (avg rating 96) in my oldest rando non competitive EC, the wages hurt. Before i had Pogba, Gotze, Vidal, Godin, Muller (94), Costa and Kane on the bench and have since had to sell Costa and Fabregas and its still bleeding.

I have no problem with games having teams in them who have big squads like 75-150.

I just would not join a game where that was the case. I also don't believe anyone else would join a game where 2-4 teams had all the players between them.

That is why i think a squad cap (max 50) is essential. Other options are also good ideas but a squad cap can help protect games that are very much in danger of ceasing at the end of the current season.

• 2 weeks later...