Steven

Chairman Investments

Cash injections by your Chairman have always been in Soccer Manager Worlds and they only happen at the start of a new season. However, we have changed the threshold as it was very strict. It is now more generous and gives cash injections to clubs that are in a noncompetitive state.

noncompetitive "state" - is that footballing sense ie 3rd top

or financial state - ie little cash coz av only got 331k in bank but sit 3rd in table

A combination of factors are taken into consideration [uSER=1105]craig[/uSER] for example a club's average squad rating compared to when the Game World started.

A combination of factors are taken into consideration [uSER=1105]craig[/uSER] for example a club's average squad rating compared to when the Game World started.

Thanks Ste

Cash injections are good if they are implemented correctly. (helping clubs that need it)

I need some cash at MILLWALL - lol,

Hope our chairman is happy with our 2nd placed spot (joint top) - some cash would be helpful to continue our automatic promotion challenge.

You may need to rethink your calculations with the new player values in mind.

Seen the best team in a league get a 50m chairman investment today. His team have the highest first eleven rating, highest average squad rating & highest total squad value. 

You can play the calculations by keeping a smaller than original squad even if the new player are far better. Madness. 

Seen the best team in a league get a 50m chairman investment today. His team have the highest first eleven rating, highest average squad rating & highest total squad value. 

You can play the calculations by keeping a smaller than original squad even if the new player are far better. Madness. 

Which Game World is this in?

Looking at Stevens original and subsequent posts my game world is probably not working as it should.

Man City have a squad over 500mil, first team is typically 93 rated with the likes of neymar, messi and Reid up front.

Their average squad rating is 83 though due to padding a squad of 37 players. They have about 12x 90+ players another 10x 80-89 players and some low rated young players.

This is one of 3 clubs to receive cash injections in my game world Liverpool and Arsenal being the others.

Steven mentioned average squad rating as being one factor so by looking at Man City one way to manipulate that factor is by purchasing a lot of 70 rated players to bring your squad rating down. Is this correct? And what are the other factors? As these could be manipulated too.

Which Game World is this in?

This has been a big problem within our league as well. The teams in the top four all received 50m cash injections, whereas my newly promoted team from Div 2 was given nothing. Despite having significantly less value and average ratings than our competitors, but also expected to compete in the SMFA Shield this season with no cash injection.

- Chelsea. Total value £631.1 (before their injection)

- My Middlesbrough team. Total Value £285.7

With being in Europe I was going to upgrade, but where is the incentive when the game encourages further inequality within the league making it less competitive and fair for managers like myself?

I've just lost the charity shield because of my inability to strengthen sufficiently, whereas with Manchester United's injection it helped them sanction moves for Robben, Rakitic and Ozil ahead of the final.

I have a strong feeling Tottenham are bugged to receive 50 mil every season, because in 3 seasons managing them in two DIFFERENT GWs, I have received 50mil, irrespective of standing or performance in the previous season. I love the money, but I don't feel it's fair because I receive money in GWs where I don't need it. 

I've also gotten 50mil twice at PSG, a club that does not necessarily require money from the chairman (or is this emulating RL?).

Just want to raise this point, because it seems strange. Thanks.

Just heard that 2 of the best teams in D1 both received cash injections of 50mil today in the GW where I and others with far worse squads than mine in D2 received nothing....

Absolute joke of a system, it works the exact opposite of how it should be, tell me how giving the best teams in the league 50mil improves competitiveness?

Share Share

This is exactly what I'm talking about, so it has happened before and not been fixed, surprise surprise....

GW: 174426

I serioauly don't expect SM to do anything to fix this though, the 'improvements' have been anything but as of late and it seems as though ye are going out of the way to make the game worse and drive customers away!

Shambles lads it really is

This paragraph is taken from the help section of SM. Talk about contradicting what the cash injections are actually meant for! The only clubs benefiting from these injections are the bigger clubs reinforcing financial inequality in the league making it less competitive and enjoyable as a result.

"Your Chairman will always invest cash to ensure that your clubs 'net worth' (cash player values) is never less than 50% of the average club in your league. This ensures smaller clubs 'net worth' will not be too far behind the bigger clubs in your league. If you don't receive an investment from your Chairman then this is due to your clubs ‘net worth’ being greater than 50% of the average club in your league".

I've sent a message to the FB page and also reported it as a bug with a link to this forum post to try and get them to resolve the issue. Very disappointed! 

Looking at Stevens original and subsequent posts my game world is probably not working as it should.

Man City have a squad over 500mil, first team is typically 93 rated with the likes of neymar, messi and Reid up front.

Their average squad rating is 83 though due to padding a squad of 37 players. They have about 12x 90+ players another 10x 80-89 players and some low rated young players.

This is one of 3 clubs to receive cash injections in my game world Liverpool and Arsenal being the others.

Steven mentioned average squad rating as being one factor so by looking at Man City one way to manipulate that factor is by purchasing a lot of 70 rated players to bring your squad rating down. Is this correct? And what are the other factors? As these could be manipulated too.

We're making numerous changes to different areas of the game and one of those is how cash injections work. I wrote about this briefly in a blog post earlier today.

Hi Steven!

I hope you guys fix this very soon because I've been having the same problem in my competitive GW, some very good squads have received cash injection while the weaker teams have received nothing. We tried to redistribute this money in order to make it fairer but it can't be done every season (happened twice already). Managers are becoming dissatisfied and I don't want them to leave (we have a 100% activity GW). 

Thanks! 

We're making numerous changes to different areas of the game and one of those is how cash injections work. I wrote about this briefly in a blog post earlier today.

Hi Steven!

Glad to hear that you are attempting to fix the cash injections.

I was wondering whether there has been any further developments? And also whether any attempt will be made to help the managers who have been negatively affected within their current seasons?

It seems many people on the forum are at a competitive disadvantage this season and therefore I feel it would be justified to help support these affected clubs by providing them with the cash injections they missed out on.

Just seen this post/thread and here's what happened to me.

In a full English gw (all 116 taken) on the first season I came 4th with WBA above utd,lfc,afc,etc with adebayor, luan and gabbiadini my highest scorers. I was rewarded 28m (rounding of) Everton who came 3rd 29m, and so on which seemed fair. 

So during the end of season friendlies I bought insigne and toprak to avoid any bidding war. This increased the overall value and ratings of my squad. So during new season (season 2) my chairman invested just 5m !!! And this really was a slap coz one can't improve a team with 5m. And if I had wait for the new season someone else might have nicked them as I had very limited money and couldn't go on a bidding war.

To top the misery certain teams that finished below 10th got an injection of 50m for new season. So how is this fair? 

Basically I was punished for making an early move. Needless to say I am 11th now and can imagine what the investment will be in season 3. 

Also what is the point of 3 friendlies at the end of the season? More so if one is punished for buying players that improves the team!

And with the current players value who can u buy for darn 5m ??

It is another mess made by sm's lazy attempts to improve the game.

If your squad value is lower than most in the division you generally get 50m cash injection, it has ruined many gameworlds, especially customs.

It might be that squad value and cash is taken into account but a small club getting promoted is normally in line for a cash injection of 50m.