Steven

Revised Stadium Building & Attendances

One of the areas of work that we are currently working on which we posted in the Development Schedule post is Stadium Building & Attendances.

STADIUM BUILDING / ATTENDANCES

Stadium Building

The max capacity a stadium can be built to is currently 24' date='000 which is not enough for smaller clubs coming from lower divisions to remain competitive. This will be either be increased to a more realistic value.[/font']

Attendances

Revise the algorithm that calculates the attendances a club receives so it's more line with their current success.

You can read about how it currently works in the Help under the articles titled Stadium Building and Attendances.

Based on our communities feedback we are going to make several changes to how this works so that smaller clubs and those coming up through the divisions can remain competitive. This is because over time some managers for example have built up a small club and turned them into a powerhouse. However, the success isn't reflected with their stadium capacity or attendance.

The maximum capacity of 24,000 is being lifted as we want attendances to be more dynamic and based on your success. This means your fan base will dictate any increases to your stadium which will be made by your Chairman at the start of a new season. It will not cost your club any money as the Chairman will pay for this.

So how will fan bases work? Well each club has a set fan base when a Game World is created. This fan base could increase over a period of time dependent on your success. However, the fan base will never increase to more than the club with the highest fan base within your league. Likewise just as a fan base will increase, it can also decrease if your club is underachieving.

Guest Redsky
It will not cost your club any money as the Chairman will pay for this.

I honestly think this is a mistake. If you allowed Stadiums to reach 40-45k by extensions then it would provide another use for money which is on the whole a redundant resource in the game. It provides more incentive for a manager to sell a player knowing that the money he gets from the sale can be used to extend the stadium. It's provides more strategy for managers as they could focus on selling players to extend their stadium to a better size before then rebuilding the squad. Having it automated removes all of the above strategy from the game.

I urge you to reconsider this approach.

I honestly think this is a mistake. If you allowed Stadiums to reach 40-45k by extensions then it would provide another use for money which is on the whole a redundant resource in the game. It provides more incentive for a manager to sell a player knowing that the money he gets from the sale can be used to extend the stadium. It's provides more strategy for managers as they could focus on selling players to extend their stadium to a better size before then rebuilding the squad. Having it automated removes all of the above strategy from the game.

I urge you to reconsider this approach.

I think you're probably right. It would make having money more useful and gameworlds more interesting.

Im looking forward to seeing if my top of the table Shorpe team get a stadium expansion very soon, been stuck on 24k for literally years!

Great work.

I'm suggesting manager's should be the one taking the decision on who to loan instead of the club chairman because most time good player eg.(90-92)rating will not have playing opportunity.so they should be loan out.the managers are the one to decid who to play not the chairman,so to give them some playing time and avoid player concern. SMFA let the manager take full control on who to loan-out .fellow manager's if u all agree make u intention known via comment.THANKS

My Juventus Stadium: 41' date='588. The highest attendance is 41,586 (8 Aug 2015).

I have win 5 Leagues, 4 Cups, 5 Shields, 3 Charity Shields, 1 SMFA Cup, 1 SMFA Supercup in last 5 seasons.

Can I hope to see the stadium with 50.000 seats ?[/quote']

Steven, what do you think about it?

Is this supposed to happen at the start of a new season?

My Shorpe team who I've won 20 trophies for in the past 5 seasons alone hasn't received any stadium increase past its 24k limit so it looks like I'm stuck with it for another season. I would have thought turning Shorpe into essentially Barcelona would make them prime candidates for a stadium increase. :/

Is this supposed to happen at the start of a new season?

My Shorpe team who I've won 20 trophies for in the past 5 seasons alone hasn't received any stadium increase past its 24k limit so it looks like I'm stuck with it for another season. I would have thought turning Shorpe into essentially Barcelona would make them prime candidates for a stadium increase. :/

This hasn't been added into SM Worlds yet but it will be when we relaunch the game next month.

Guest Redsky

Not sure why I bother giving feedback in this forum when it seems to get ignored.

If the OP is the launch change, do we at least get told what a "realistic value" is?

Steven, I'm chuffed that at last this change is going to be made. All those seasons of struggling to top Division 1 with Walsall's 18,000 average attendance may soon be over.

It's great that the gate will be less dependant on real life & more on your league position, this may even stop me & other managers in my position having to buy hundreds of risers & sell good players in order to stay financially afloat

Oh ok!

Any plans to do something about the forum? Its dead here after the last change. :/

When was it changed mate? I just logged in back to the forum for the first time in a while..

BTW it sucks that the stadium increases will be periodically, been with my 30k Brighton and Hove stadium for years, you better increase it to at least 45k after all this time

Guest Redsky
Great news' date=' finally! Better late than never. Looks like my Bournemouth can keep Neymar and Messi after all :)[/quote']

Not when they introduce the new wage bill, you'll be forced to sell the high earners or reduce your squad to the bare minimum. I'm out of patience with this game which is a shame given I've been playing for 3 and a half years.

Not when they introduce the new wage bill' date=' you'll be forced to sell the high earners or reduce your squad to the bare minimum. I'm out of patience with this game which is a shame given I've been playing for 3 and a half years.[/quote']

I know the feeling, I've been on it since Aug 2006, almost 10 years. What's the new wage bill they're bringing in now?

Guest Redsky

I know the feeling' date=' I've been on it since Aug 2006, almost 10 years. What's the new wage bill they're bringing in now?[/quote']

Well my current squads wages is 1.3m. I've taken the wages off the test gameworld for each player I earn and it's gone up to 1.8m. Neymar who's on 100k for my current Forest side will jump up to 190k.

Give that I only have a 30k stadium and i'm barely able to afford my 1.3m wages there will be no chance I can afford the same squad with the new wage structure and I have:

95 x1

94 x1

92 x1

91 x2

90 x7

89 x0

88 x5

Steven, what do you think about it?

I would like to emphasize lunastorta post, since i'm on the same situation.

I'm managing Man. City (55.097 stadium capacity). My stadium has an average attendance of 98%. (53.856).

I've won 3 Leagues, 1 Cup, 2 Shields, 2 Charity Shields in the last 4 Seasons, and I winning the league again this year.

Stadium ticket revenue is crucial to support wages, and i'm not able to compete it terms of wages with teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Man United, Milan, etc... since they earn far more than me and can pay higher wages and have 95+ players, which I can't.

When will we see an option be able to upgrade a stadium, even if it costs a huge amount of money?

Well my current squads wages is 1.3m. I've taken the wages off the test gameworld for each player I earn and it's gone up to 1.8m. Neymar who's on 100k for my current Forest side will jump up to 190k.

Give that I only have a 30k stadium and i'm barely able to afford my 1.3m wages there will be no chance I can afford the same squad with the new wage structure and I have:

95 x1

94 x1

92 x1

91 x2

90 x7

89 x0

88 x5

The new wage structure is a complete joke. Like you say I can no longer afford my squad notwithstanding the extra 800 (eight hundred) capacity added to my stadium. Add on the fact that player transfer fees have shot up and most managers will never be able to afford to buy even a 90 rated young player. This has not been thought through at all and ruins the game.

Guest Redsky

The new wage structure is a complete joke. Like you say I can no longer afford my squad notwithstanding the extra 800 (eight hundred) capacity added to my stadium. Add on the fact that player transfer fees have shot up and most managers will never be able to afford to buy even a 90 rated young player. This has not been thought through at all and ruins the game.

The clubs that will have the money will be the clubs who's squad sizes are below the average and get that terrible financial boost from the chairmen. There's no skill involved in the game anymore, if you have a rubbish squad you get rewarded with a 25m free handout. Clubs with small stadiums who have managed to build squads by buying risers are now going to be absolutely crippled because not only will they have big wages to pay out but they won't get the chairmen handouts and they don't have big stadiums to help support the wage packet.

Every update they've done recently seems to have had a negative impact on my Nottingham Forest. I'm not even squad hogging, I have 49 players and only 12 of those are 89 or above. It's taken me 2 years to build my bank balance up to £50m and yet some clubs get given that money for free in one SM Season. If it wasn't for the fact that money is utterly useless in this game i'd be extremely pissed off, but thankfully money is by and large redundant. Still, it's frustrating when you're good at scouting and get punished for it.

What I do not understand by this 30% under fan base for teams nearer the bottom of the league is that it is not realistic.

Surely this should be reflective of the league you are in?

30% less if you are in div 4, 20% for div 3, 10 % for div 2 and 5% for div 1.

This is realistic.

Bournemouth are near the bottom of the premier league, yet will their fan base drop 30% because of this? No - because this is ridiculous.

Chelsea are lower than they have been in years. But they are still packed out every single weak - all because this is in the top division.

You cannot apply a hard and fast rule saying bottom teams will get 30% under fan base for every league, it is illogical.

I just got a stadium increase for my S######horpe team - the second now since it was introduced. Went from 28k to 34k. I thought I might get one at the end of the season in a few weeks time but this was a nice surprise.

Still cant afford my £7 million a week wage bill but this will help. :P

EDIT. Its amusing my teams name has been swear filtered Scun-thorpe. :P

EDIT 2. It seems stadium capacities are analysed at various periods over the season as other teams also got an increase - is that correct?