Sign in to follow this  
SportingPM

Player valuations

As I understand it at the moment there are four valuations on each player.

1. The value in your squad - visible in the players info, stats etc

2. Chairmans valuation - Which you only ever see when you offer a player in PX and is nearly always far higher than the players value in your squad.

3. Other chairmans valuation - Which you only see when you offer your player to them in a PX deal.

4. The value a player actually takes on when he moves to the other club, often higher than the value the chairman of that club put on the player for the purposes of the deal.

I can see that there is a benefit to the game of players having a different value depending on the squad they are in but I cant see a reason for all the other complications. I recently tried to sign a player from an unmanaged club. Another manager had made a bid (which I could see) of a player plus cash, I looked at the value of the player (or the value I was able to see) and offered an amount slightly more than the value of the player plus cash that the other manager had bid. To my surprise the player went to the other manager and when I created a bug ticket I was told that this was correct as the chairman of the unmanaged team valued the player in the PX deal higher than the value I was able to see.

I guess I am asking two things, firstly I just want to understand the system and secondly surely it would be an improvement to the game to get rid of this unneccesarily complicated situation.

Despite some of the changes that have recently been brought in, the transfer market in most competitive gameworlds is totally stagnant. I think that getting rid of the chairmans valuation of players (the different higher valuation which is only ever relevant when a player is offered in a px deal) would massively help this. I have managed a couple of teams in very competitive gamewords where I started at the very bottom of div4 and tried to work my way up, In one case back to back promotions all the way to div 1. I have got together squads of good young players but it is obviously very hard to get hold of the top players and cash offers will essentially never be accepted. The only way to get the top level players is by offering two younger highly rated players, but because when it comes to a deal my chairman values these players so high it is never actually possible to make an offer that the other manager would consider.

There should only be two valuations for a player. The value in his current squad and the value he will have in the squad he is moving to. I also think that as many managers have suggested in the past there is an argument for getting rid of a chairmans ability to block transfers. At the moment it doesnt make much sense to me that my chairman would allow a huge cash offer for a player but will block quite a reasonable px deal. When you consider that px deals are more or less the only ones possible for good players in competitive gameworlds this becomes even more ridiculous.

Just a note to add to this. In one of my gameworlds which is very competitive and the classic case where it is almost impossible to buy a decent player for cash. Victor Moses was recently bought by unmanaged ColoColo for 9.2m but his value in their squad now is 4.1m . This situation of players values needs to be sorted out otherwise there is no chance of the transfer market working properly.

I think this is an important aspect of the game that would be easy to solve ! and is currently not working, so I am going to continue to post examples of the current mess.

In one of my gameworlds I am trying to buy a player from an unmanaged club, value 2m. As per the new (old) system the external club values my rubbish players two or even three times what my chairman values them at BUT for example I offer rubbish player 1 (my chairman value 500k) values at 1m and rubbish player 2 (my chairman value 1.4m) value 3.0m. So I make an offer their chairman values the deal at 4m for a player he values at 2m but also rejects the deal because the offer isnt high enough !!!!!!!!!!

Please can this mess of player valuations be fixed !!!!

I agree, the chairman is a pointless part of the game. Why do we get a message from him at the start of the season? If managers were sacked because they didn't meet his expectations then it would be worth it.

The problem with being in a long established game world, with lots of entrenched managers is that the transfer market stagnates as no one sells anyone. Maybe some sort of salary cap or squad size limitations would 'force' managers to sell players. I suppose this is what the Player Concerns thing is all about.