League of Laughters

KopStar

THE CONCEPT

Drawing inspiration from leagues such as Reality Check and the departed FFP and discussions with Gordon and Huddo, I've come up with a new concept after realising that my old account had a spare custom spot. The league will be 2 divisions of 8.

- Teams in Division 1 will begin with a 30million starting budget (+sales) and teams in Division 2 will begin with a starting budget of 20million (+sales)

- Teams in Division 1 will have a wage budget of 750k. Teams in Division 2 will have a starting budget of 700k.

- The hope is that this will create a market mechanism whereby relegated teams will have to sell up to get under the budget and promoted teams get lots of space to improve. This could be overcome by stipulating that promoted teams must buy at least 1 player from a relegated team.

- Promotion/Relgation: 3 promoted with playoffs.

- Possibility of raising wage caps in future seasons.

- Addition of rules in Season 2.

- P/E turned off.

- Squad cap at 35. If you automatically start above this you have till Turn 4 to get this in order.

Under discussion

- If wages for following seasons should be pegged to league table position

- If Ive got the budgets right.

TEAMS

Or by Divisions

Division 1 [TABLE=border: 1, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0]

[TR]

[TD]Sunderland- rio31[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Crystal Palace- hoyle87[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stoke- KopStar[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Hertha BSC- Keystone[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]PSV- craigm1984[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Dinamo Zagreb- Tino[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sporting de Braga- pedrooliveira[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Watford- Sir Rahul[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Division 2 [TABLE=border: 1, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0]

[TR]

[TD]Eintracht Frankfurt- Huddo[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Hannover 96- Keith[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FC Augsburg- Closer[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Brugge KV- Noisy[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Rubin Kazan- loredan[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]RCD Espanyol- Nikidinho[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CSKA Moskva- adisbegic10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1. FSV Mainz 05- Gozzy[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

MANAGERIAL SELECTION AND CLUB ALLOCATION

Ill reserve the right to reject anyone I dont think is up to task. Preferably have people I know and trust. Clubs will be allocated by random draw.

MANAGER LIST

1. KopStar

2. Huddo

3. Keystone

4. Sir Rahul

5. pedrooliveira

6. Closer

7. loredan

8. Tino

9. Keith

10. craigm1984

11. hoyle87

12. Nikidinho

13. Noisy

14. adisbegic10

15. Gozzy

16. rio31

Have given some punishments a thought so theyre transparent and we know what to expect. There will be 3 classes of punishment.

Exceeding spending by less than 500k or wage bill by less than 5k

- Player/s that causes the offence will also be suspended for whole TB and must be sold as the cessation of his TB.

- In the case of wage bill, club has 48 hours to sell and get back under the cap. No wage bill punishments for the following season. (this is specific to wage cap as it obviously wont work with spending)

- Club will have 5% reduction in starting budget for following season. (applies to both)

- In case of spending must fix deficit before being able to consider buying again.

Exceeding spending by less than 1 million or wage bill by less than 20k

- Season suspension for highest non-offending rated player for rest of season (or 16 league games + any cup fixtures that occur, obviously SMFA comps where only gold can pick this wont apply). If a new player is bought in that is higher rated than the initially suspended player, then the new highest rated player will complete the suspension. (applies to both)

- Player/s that causes the offence will also be suspended must be sold as the cessation of his TB.

- In the case of wage bill, club has 48 hours to sell and get back under the cap. (this is specific to wage cap as it obviously wont work with spending)

- Club will have a 50% reduction in spending budget for following season (15mil for Div 1, 10 mil for Div 2)

- Wages for following season will reduced by 20k the following season. (applies to both)

- In case of spending must fix deficit before being able to consider buying again.

Exceeding spending by more 1 million or wage bill by more than 20k

- Season suspension for TWO highest rated non-offending players for rest of season (16 league games if season commenced and cup games as above). Same rule applies, it will always be the two highest rated players. (applies to both).

- Player/s that causes the offence will also be suspended must be sold as the cessation of his TB.

- Club will have a 75% reduction in following season spending. (7.5mi for Div 1, 5mil for Div2)

- In the case of wage bill, club has 48 hours to sell and get back under the cap. (this is specific to wage cap as it obviously wont work with spending)

- Wages for following season will be reduction by 50k.

• ‚ÄčNOTE: If a team is relegated the 25%/75% reduction or 20k/50k will apply on top of any drops that are mandated by relegation.
  • NOTE: In case of forced sale of offending player the money made WILL NOT be added to the budget for that season.

PRIOR RULE OFFENCES

SEASON 1

Craig (PSV)

• OFFENCE: Purchase of Jordi Alba that violated spending cap by 9.8 million.
  • PUNISHMENT:
    • Suspension of three highest rated players for the course of the season (Cech, Alba, Javi Martinez unless better players are bought in).
    • No players may be bought until the spending budget is returned to positive.
    • 75% reduction in starting budget next season.

Keith (Hannover)

• OFFENCE: Can't do maths
  • PUNISHMENT
    • Naingollan and Thiago Alcantara banned for rest of season 1 + first 2 games of season 2
    • Blind and Aurier (offending players) must be sold as soon as TBs expire
    • 75% wage cap reduction next season
    • Budget must be fixed

Craig (PSV)

• OFFENCE: Purchase of Turan and Iturbe going well over wage budget
  • PUNISHMENT:
    • Turan and Iturbe banned for till expiration of TB where they must be sold immediately. Cash wont go back into the club.

Rahul (Watford)

• OFFENCE: Purchase of Barkley, causes slight wage breach
  • PUNISHMENT
    • Barkley banned and must be sold when TB expires
    • 5% budget season season 2 reduction

Ben (PSV)

• OFFENCE: Playing banned players Cech and Turan

Added you to the list. 12 to go haha.

Any specific opinions on the parts I mentioned as the "rules subject to discussion"

- 4 teams up/down would make it more competitive for sure- something for every team

- Keep P/E off

-Maybe limit the number of external buys per season

- Addition of rules in S2 would be good

- Squad cap should be there- either an overall cap or a cap on first team and youth players

Put me in buddy!

The rules subject to discussion

- Promotion/Relgation: Id love to have 4 teams go up and down but this may too volatile.

- Addition of rules in Season 2.

- Whether P/E is turned on or off

- Squad caps or not? Thinking 40 for Season 1 and 35 for Season 2.

-I'm ok with 4, maybe 3 is best for an 8-division. 2+4team-playoff

-maybe, we'll see on the road

-yes on rules

-probably off p/e. exchanges will happen anyway, so maybe better to have it off to make it harder

-yes on squad caps

a suggestion could be having wage budgets not just per division, but per final position each year.

I am intersted' date='this looks interesting.[/quote']

Sorry I dont really know much about you.

Put me in buddy!

-I'm ok with 4' date=' maybe 3 is best for an 8-division. 2+4team-playoff

-maybe, we'll see on the road

-yes on rules

-probably off p/e. exchanges will happen anyway, so maybe better to have it off to make it harder

-yes on squad caps

a suggestion could be having wage budgets not just per division, but per final position each year.[/quote']

3s best but most common in 8 teams. 3s probably the right balance though.

Yeah Im thinking P/Es off as that will also help people follow whats happening to their wages.

Might just go with a squad cap of 35 but say must be achiebed by start of Turn 4.

Ooo I like that one. Would need to look more into it but very interesting suggestion

Thanks for the invite' date=' count me in ![/quote']

Welcome happy to have you.

I'd be interested if you'll have me.

I'd really love to have my beloved Braga' date=' despite our low average stadium attendance. :)[/quote']

Missed this one. Would give you Braga but I sort of dont want people picking teams would rather give them out on draw. Ill consider one exception for you though haha

Go on stick me down! Is it a draw for the teams?

Yuck who invited you?!

Ideally draw teams. Tino and Pedro have requested teams and Id be happy to give them them Dinamo and Braga on the basis of it being their teams they support and draw for the other 14 clubs if everyone is happy with that. Otherwise open draw.

Missed this one. Would give you Braga but I sort of dont want people picking teams would rather give them out on draw. Ill consider one exception for you though haha

Cheers, mate!

Trust me, Tino and I are taking a real loss, by getting Dinamo and Braga.

For instance, Sunderland's avg attendance is approximately 4 times bigger than Braga's, which, medium / long term, makes a huge difference. ;)

As for the rules, I like P/E off, 4 up, 4 down and I'd set a squad cap of 25 / 30 max, in order to prevent player hogging.

I also like the idea of the total squad wages' cap increasing a bit, season after season.