THE GPS LEAGUE.

Matt72

Hi and welcome to - THE GPS LEAGUE.

output_qAYhno_zpsrwg8jptt.gif

GPS, which stands for Global Positioning System, is a radio navigation system that allows land, sea and airborne users to determine their exact location, velocity, and time 24 hours a day, in all weather conditions anywhere in the world. The GPS (Global Positioning System) is a "constellation" of 24 well-spaced satellites that orbit the Earth and make it possible for people with ground receivers to pinpoint their geographical location. The location accuracy is anywhere from 10 to 100 metres for most equipment.

THE CONCEPT

Each manager will be assigned the task of choosing there own club, this will be done by using GPS to pinpoint exactly which real life club is located closest to where they live. There will be 10-12 clubs in one division in total with a definitive winner based on a point scoring system after 5 seasons which I will outline below.

All clubs will start with empty squads and there will be a budget of 300 million, however this budget will be staggered over the 5 seasons, as well as a ratings cap for each season. The transfer budget and ratings cap will be as follows:

SEASON 1: Transfer budget of 20 million, buying players rated 80 and below.

SEASON 2: Transfer budget of 40 million + sales, buying players rated 84 and below.

SEASON 3: Transfer budget of 60 million + sales, buying players rated 88 and below.

SEASON 4: Transfer budget of 80 million + sales, buying players rated 92 and below.

SEASON 5: Transfer budget of 100 million + sales, buying players of any rating.

So by adopting the above method it keeps the transfer market alive, as well as giving those managers who will be at a disadvantage by being unfortunate enough to live close to a lesser club than other managers.

POINT SCORING

The point scoring is always integral to a set up designed to crown a definitive winner as it can make (some) managers lose interest if they fell they have no chance of winning a set up after only a few seasons so this is how I propose to tackle that issue.

SEASON 1: League winners 5 points. Domestic cup winner(s) 2 points.

SEASON 2: League winners 10 points. Domestic cup winner(s) 4 points.

SEASON 3: League winners 20 points. Domestic cup winner(s) 6 points.

SEASON 4: League winners 30 points. Domestic cup winner(s) 8 points.

SEASON 5: League winners 40 points. Domestic cup winner(s) 10 points.

So as you can see as the points increase all managers should still have the chance of winning the set up going into season 5.

STANDARD GAME WORLD RULES:

ECONOMY LEVEL:

Very Rich.

PLAYER CONCERNS:

Off.

SMFA MONITORING TRANSFER:

Off.

CAN ONLY OFFER CASH TO CLUBS IN DEALS:

No.

NO BUYING PLAYERS FROM UNMANAGED CLUBS:

On.

NO BUYING FROM EXTERNAL CLUBS:

Off.

NO BUYING PLAYERS OVER THE AGE OFF:

Any.

CANNOT DO CASH TRANSFERS OVER:

Any.

TRANSFER WINDOWS:

Off.

CAN ONLY BUY PLAYERS AS THE SAME NATIONALITY AS THE CLUB:

Off.

MANAGERS SACKED IF THEY FINISH BOTTOM:

No.

MANAGERS MUST LOGIN TO THIS GAME WORLD EVERY:

14 days.

MANAGER AND CLUB LIST:

Matt72 - Newcastle.

Pedrooliveira - Sporting de Braga

Nikidinho - Mumbai City

Drseanfitz - FC United of Manchester

Noisy - Stevenage

Closer - Iokinos

Huddo - Melbourne Victory

Kirky - Huddersfield Town

Gaz - Motherwell

Gorbash - D.C. United

Rahul - Geylang International

Daznvern - Alfreton Town

If anyone has suggestions, ideas, initiatives and criticisms to add feel free to comment. for those who need to add me in game - click here

Matt' date=' what about rich economy?

Imagine, say, Jonny Red states his interest.

I think he's lives in Worcester, so he'd have a big disadvantage.[/quote']

I can cross that bridge when we come to it. Everyone will have the same to spend it is about who is best with there budget early on buying risers for profit which will help those smaller clubs. It does make sense to make the economy rich or even very rich.

I'm in at fc united of manchester. And whilst i like the idea of escalating points Matt. I personally think the jumps may be too high. ( a manager would get less points for doing the double in seasons 1' date='2&3 combined than for winning the title in season 5)[/quote']

I have amended the point scoring system Sean. Let me know what you think.

Stating my interest and a little background about my picking.

I live 3 corners away from the Karaiskakis stadium. This football ground in history was for both the 2 Piraeus clubs, Olympiakos and Ethnikos. In the last decade Ethnikos is broken and in lower divisions, and Olympiakos who rebuild the stadium(with public money nonetheless, disgrace) evicted Ethnikos just because..they could. That's the country we live in, where the presidents of olympiakos club can do whatever they want in football, and in public life in general. Since Olympiakos is the most despised team in the world for me (i'm an AEK Athens fan too), i would never manage them even in a game for fun. So it's either i can't be in the setup at all, or we use history, and Ethnikos' original football ground which is the same as Olympiakos, and i manage them. So up to you Matt and the rest. Cheers. :)

edit: just checked and Ethnikos Piraeus (not Achna or Gazorou) might be not available in-game. So since AEK's ground is about 12 kilometers away (if this is ok, please let me have them), or else next closest small team ground is Ionikos', about 4 kilometers from me.

Sorry for all this mess guys.

Stating my interest and a little background about my picking.

I live 3 corners away from the Karaiskakis stadium. This football ground in history was for both the 2 Piraeus clubs' date=' Olympiakos and Ethnikos. In the last decade Ethnikos is broken and in lower divisions, and Olympiakos who rebuild the stadium(with public money nonetheless, disgrace) evicted Ethnikos just because..they could. That's the country we live in, where the presidents of olympiakos club can do whatever they want in football, and in public life in general. Since Olympiakos is the most despised team in the world for me (i'm an AEK Athens fan too), i would never manage them even in a game for fun. So it's either i can't be in the setup at all, or we use history, and Ethnikos' original football ground which is the same as Olympiakos, and i manage them. So up to you Matt and the rest. Cheers. :)

edit: just checked and Ethnikos Piraeus (not Achna or Gazorou) might be not available in-game. So since AEK's ground is about 12 kilometers away (if this is ok, please let me have them), or else next closest small team ground is Ionikos', about 4 kilometers from me.

Sorry for all this mess guys.[/quote']

Ideally mate it would be lonikos. With a very rich economy I would like to think those smaller clubs might not be at much of a disadvantage in terms of losing transfer budget due to lack of gate receipts not covering players wages.

I just checked Tampines Rovers in game and realised that even though their original ground is less than a km away from my house (and Tampines too), it has been shut down in 2012 in order for a Town Hub. Never knew this till today.

So, the next closest team is Geylang International, about 2km away, with stadium (Bedok) and a capacity of 4000. Could you change the team Matt?

Sorry for the confusion :eek:.

With the small size of our country it is impossible to have a decent football league. Just the one division and 10 teams, two of which are based in neighbouring countries (Malaysia and Brunei) and a third a satellite team of a Japanese club. Poor standard of football all over too.

The irony is almost all the best players play for Lions XII, a team that play in the Malaysian League based in Singapore, with few of the remaining 'top' players in Malaysian teams. Shows the lack of hope in the Singaporean League. No one really cares about it.

I find it amusing that Tampines play Geylang in RL tonight at Bedok.

The set up is created and I have offered out jobs where allowed. Those of you who have not been offered there club need to apply as I am either unable to offer you your club due to it stating you already control the maximum you are allowed or I am unsure as to which account to offer your job to.