Soccerwiki - Player Positions

Guest Redsky

No. I just want an ignore button on the forum so I can easily read peoples opinions rather than you trying to win the same argument for weeks now in multiple threads with multiple posters. 

I know. But that tends to happen when people ignore facts and evidence.

...and for the record...I am not trying to win anything.

I am happy with the changes made by SM in 2015...let them roll! In fact, lets just allow the changes to be made and drop the discussion completely. Don't you agree?

No. I just want an ignore button on the forum so I can easily read peoples opinions rather than you trying to win the same argument for weeks now in multiple threads with multiple posters. 

I would like this feature too, please.

I've been ignoring his posts for weeks now. I've only read one, and that was just because Anton quoted it without context.

I see his username and skip over the post.

I will once again ask that if you are not suggesting player positional changes to kindly not spam argumentative posts in this thread. if you wish to debate things kindly head to the player discussion section.

...so John TERRY is okay to be played at F(RCL) then? He is okay to score and assist and get at 9.0 match rating at F(RCL) then???

I think you'll find that if a player "might not play his best" is hardly likely to mean I think he is going to get a 9 rating,how about you stop being a pedantic little troll and step away from your screen and go learn something about real football,even a plank of wood if placed in the right spot could still put a ball over a line so of course someone out of position could still score or assist. Fact is we are all here to make our feelings clear to SM on the way the game has been changed,you don't like that tough! It strikes me one of the comments you got earlier was spot on about how you are trying to stop a successful formation in it's tracks,what's the matter did you lose your rattle after losing to it once too often? People like you are probably the reason SM have made this mistake,because they hear the ones that shout the loudest on here instead of those of us who normally just get on with playing the game,you have your opinion you have made it now kindly shut up and let others make there opinions known without your petulant troll like behaviour!

I would like this feature too, please.

I've been ignoring his posts for weeks now. I've only read one, and that was just because Anton quoted it without context.

I see his username and skip over the post.

I will once again ask that if you are not suggesting player positional changes to kindly not spam argumentative posts in this thread. if you wish to debate things kindly head to the player discussion section.

Lol. No thanks...I think I am going to stay right here.

You are ignoring me because you cant answer the questions.

This just further demonstrates that you're wrong.

I think you'll find that if a player "might not play his best" is hardly likely to mean I think he is going to get a 9 rating,how about you stop being a pedantic little troll and step away from your screen and go learn something about real football,even a plank of wood if placed in the right spot could still put a ball over a line so of course someone out of position could still score or assist. Fact is we are all here to make our feelings clear to SM on the way the game has been changed,you don't like that tough! It strikes me one of the comments you got earlier was spot on about how you are trying to stop a successful formation in it's tracks,what's the matter did you lose your rattle after losing to it once too often? People like you are probably the reason SM have made this mistake,because they hear the ones that shout the loudest on here instead of those of us who normally just get on with playing the game,you have your opinion you have made it now kindly shut up and let others make there opinions known without your petulant troll like behaviour!

Lol. Don't worry...It's okay to chuck labels and insults at me.

...I know that it is because you're struggling to argue your point.

Good morning...

BBB, you have made your point (several, several, tedious times) and the powers that be (lol) agree with you!

Result!

So how come that's not good enough for you, pal?

Do you think SM will do a u-turn? lol. Or that they'll not impose STRICT enough penalties to all the nasty 352 abusers?

Good morning...

BBB, you have made your point (several, several, tedious times) and the powers that be (lol) agree with you!

Result!

So how come that's not good enough for you, pal?

Do you think SM will do a u-turn? lol. Or that they'll not impose STRICT enough penalties to all the nasty 352 abusers?

Morning.

I think that, on balance, I have only expressed my viewpoint as much as others who have argued that the match engine changes should be reversed and player positions revised. Why are you not asking Metaphysical the same thing? He has repeated his viewpoint just as much...if not more.

Indeed, SM do appear to agree with me...which says a lot for my viewpoint. I am confident that Steven et al will introduce the correct in game penalties...but I am also keenly aware that SM could be bullied into reversing their direction. Before the relaunch, I even stated that I fully expected this forum to be awash with posters bemoaning the match engine changes...and I encouraged Steven to stay strong and ignore it. If you think it is bad now...wait until the penalties are fully implemented. You wont be able to move for 'moaning' on this forum.

The changes are something that I feel strongly about...and I believe that there is a large silent majority who agree with them. Some have already indicated their support on this forum...but I am not going to sit back and let the 'change haters' take over threads and give the impression that everyone is against the new engine, it's direction, it's intention and it's spirit...because this couldn't be further from the truth.

Interesting discussion as I keep popping back to read it and see what everyone's view is but can I ask you put the bickering to one side as it can put people off reading and/or joining in the debate.

I am confident that Steven et al will introduce the correct in game penalties...but I am also keenly aware that SM could be bullied into reversing their direction.

The changes to formations will not be changed and as I said in another thread the penalties for playing players out of position will be harsher in the coming weeks.

Interesting discussion as I keep popping back to read it and see what everyone's view is but can I ask you put the bickering to one side as it can put people off reading and/or joining in the debate.

The changes to formations will not be changed and as I said in another thread the penalties for playing players out of position will be harsher in the coming weeks.

Exactly, it would be well appreciated if Mr. 352 with AM's across the wing (aka BBB) would stop paraphrasing the same point over and over again just to instigate Metaphysical into a response, there is no need in spamming this thread when he is not going to respond. You both have differing opinions and that is due to your individual paradigms. I have no problem with you but with your repetitive posts which seriously isn't related to the title of this thread itself. If he doesn't reply then be happy in your victory in the argument (or whatever) and leave it, or whatever, I don't care. Thanks. 

once again I ask you to PLEASE stop with this nonsense arguing. stop feeding the troll.

if you're going to post in here, suggest new player positions or comment on specific player positions or don't post at all.

if you want to argue and spam post after post, go to player discussion and do it there. I made this thread in this section so the mods and admins would be able to read it and see our suggested improvements.

I marked this post on the previous page for deletion, as page 3 was snowed under with spam. let's make a fresh start on page 4, shall we?

thank you.

Rafinha: D(RC),DM,M(R )

he's played in a back three a bunch of times for Bayern over the course of the last 2 seasons under Pep. with the new changes to the SM engine, he now needs a positional upgrade.

Aaron Ramsey: M(C ), AM(RLC)

he's been long overdue for a positional change. I'm amazed his current one has lasted as long as it has. he has the ability to play M(C ) and obviously can play all across the attacking midfield three. I suspect he could play wide of a front three too but we've not seen him do that yet so it will have to wait.

Romelu Lukaku: F(RLC)

while he is obviously a #9 he has great horizontal versatility to his game and often last season played as a very advanced RW.

Angel Di Maria: M,AM(RLC),F(RL)
he played for Benfica, Real Madrid (in 13/14) and Argentina (in World Cup, and Copa) as a hybrid role M(LC). and when he played on the right for Madrid under Mourinho functionally he often played in M(R ) spaces. certainly he had those kind of defensive duties.

Arda Turan: M,F(RL),AM(RLC)
he played a hybrid wing role for Atletico, covering enormous patches of the touchline. had the defensive responsibilities of a M(RL) and the attacking ones of an AM(RLC) - also plays a similar role for Turkey. the forward positions are there because he can play in the wide positions in a front three and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL).

Franck Ribery: M,AM,F(L)
look where he starts moves, and the responsibilities he has. if he was fit Pep would play him on the left of midfield in the 3421.

Isco: M,AM(LC),F(L)
functionally occupies M(L) spaces when he plays M(C ). always drifts to the left flank. when playing on the left of Madrid's 4321 also occupies M(L) defensive responsibilities and positioning. the forward position is there because he can play wide left in a front three (does for Spain and Madrid) and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL).

James Rodriguez: AM(RLC),F(RL)
the forward positions are there because he can play in the wide positions in a front three and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL). 

Douglas Costa: M,F(RL),AM(RLC)
played as a traditional wide-midfielder/winger for Brazil, and Bayern at times. hugs the touchline, defends the forward and middle thirds of the pitch. classic M(RL) behaviour. the forward positions are there because he can play on the wide positions in a front three (did for Shakhtar) and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL).

Yannick Carrasco: M,F(RL),AM(RLC)
doesn't play for Monaco anymore. has taken over Arda Turan's role in Atletico Madrid. so plays down the sides of midfield in M(RL) positions in defensive and offensive transitions and begins attacks from there also. the forward positions are there because he can play on the wide positions in a front three (has done for Belgium) and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL).

Mesut Ozil: AM(RLC),F(RL)
the forward positions are there because he can play on the wide positions in a front three (has done for Madrid, Germany, and even Arsenal tbh) and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL).

Kevin De Bruyne: M,F(RL),AM(RLC)
for all three of his clubs he begins attacks in M(RL) zones and defends there too. the forward positions are there because he can play on the wide positions in a front three (does for Belgium) and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL).

David Silva: AM(RLC),F(RL)
he can play on the wide positions in a front three (does at times for Spain) and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL).

Edinson Cavani: AM(RL),F(RLC)
plays on the wing for PSG. simple as that really. his role for Uruguay is often wing-based as well.

Andres Iniesta: M,AM(LC),F(L)
the forward position is there because he can play wide left in a front three (has done many times for Spain and Barcelona) and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(L).

Sergi Roberto: D(R ),DM,M,AM(RC)
he can play all the down the right flank and then obviously all the central midfield positions. he's played on the right of a front three for Barcelona but as he's only done it twice that's not enough to justify F(R ) - having AM(R ) will be enough.

I could post loads of things that need improving within the new interface (Hell, I already have!), but because there are SO many things, and especially bugs, I really cannot be bothered anymore.

Managers have already left, managers are getting frustrated.

It's quite simply a bizarre way to run a business, or indeed anything, for that matter.

But, in the grand scheme of things, it's really not important.

once again I ask you to PLEASE stop with this nonsense arguing. stop feeding the troll.

if you're going to post in here, suggest new player positions or comment on specific player positions or don't post at all.

if you want to argue and spam post after post, go to player discussion and do it there. I made this thread in this section so the mods and admins would be able to read it and see our suggested improvements.

I marked this post on the previous page for deletion, as page 3 was snowed under with spam. let's make a fresh start on page 4, shall we?

thank you.

he's played in a back three a bunch of times for Bayern over the course of the last 2 seasons under Pep. with the new changes to the SM engine, he now needs a positional upgrade.

he's been long overdue for a positional change. I'm amazed his current one has lasted as long as it has. he has the ability to play M(C ) and obviously can play all across the attacking midfield three. I suspect he could play wide of a front three too but we've not seen him do that yet so it will have to wait.

while he is obviously a #9 he has great horizontal versatility to his game and often last season played as a very advanced RW.

he played for Benfica, Real Madrid (in 13/14) and Argentina (in World Cup, and Copa) as a hybrid role M(LC). and when he played on the right for Madrid under Mourinho functionally he often played in M(R ) spaces. certainly he had those kind of defensive duties.

he played a hybrid wing role for Atletico, covering enormous patches of the touchline. had the defensive responsibilities of a M(RL) and the attacking ones of an AM(RLC) - also plays a similar role for Turkey. the forward positions are there because he can play in the wide positions in a front three and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL).

look where he starts moves, and the responsibilities he has. if he was fit Pep would play him on the left of midfield in the 3421.

functionally occupies M(L) spaces when he plays M(C ). always drifts to the left flank. when playing on the left of Madrid's 4321 also occupies M(L) defensive responsibilities and positioning. the forward position is there because he can play wide left in a front three (does for Spain and Madrid) and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL).

the forward positions are there because he can play in the wide positions in a front three and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL). 

played as a traditional wide-midfielder/winger for Brazil, and Bayern at times. hugs the touchline, defends the forward and middle thirds of the pitch. classic M(RL) behaviour. the forward positions are there because he can play on the wide positions in a front three (did for Shakhtar) and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL).

doesn't play for Monaco anymore. has taken over Arda Turan's role in Atletico Madrid. so plays down the sides of midfield in M(RL) positions in defensive and offensive transitions and begins attacks from there also. the forward positions are there because he can play on the wide positions in a front three (has done for Belgium) and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL).

the forward positions are there because he can play on the wide positions in a front three (has done for Madrid, Germany, and even Arsenal tbh) and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL).

for all three of his clubs he begins attacks in M(RL) zones and defends there too. the forward positions are there because he can play on the wide positions in a front three (does for Belgium) and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL).

he can play on the wide positions in a front three (does at times for Spain) and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(RL).

plays on the wing for PSG. simple as that really. his role for Uruguay is often wing-based as well.

the forward position is there because he can play wide left in a front three (has done many times for Spain and Barcelona) and you can't play there in a flat front three on SM without a F(L).

he can play all the down the right flank and then obviously all the central midfield positions. he's played on the right of a front three for Barcelona but as he's only done it twice that's not enough to justify F(R ) - having AM(R ) will be enough.

You are spamming your own thread with this garbage.

What you are suggesting is the opposite of improvements.

Do you consider everyone with a differing viewpoint a 'troll'?

...there is no need in spamming this thread when he is not going to respond. You both have differing opinions and that is due to your individual paradigms. I have no problem with you but with your repetitive posts which seriously isn't related to the title of this thread itself. If he doesn't reply then be happy in your victory in the argument (or whatever) and leave it, or whatever, I don't care. Thanks. 

once again I ask you to PLEASE stop with this nonsense arguing.

It's not just in this thread as it is happening in others as well with members arguing with one another, not being constructive, spamming etc and it's getting tedious having to read through it all whilst trying to pull out the useful information which i'm trying to pass on. All that is does, not just for me but for others as well is put them off reading and replying to a thread.

thank you.

I think if you was in charge of a player's position(s) we would have every GK being able to as FC

Iniesta and Isco with being able to play as a wide forward?? You serious??

If you take the top 7-8 teams in Europe they all play in the main with a high tempo/pressing short passing game. Playing this way means players will drift in/out of their starting positions. It does not mean they play there

Thank you for news. I'd like if you explain as possible how player positions change works because discussion is going harsher as you say for p.o.o.p.penalties. I'd like to underline that only spam is requesting position changes just with relaunch. This happened may be when SW abused with adding AM position very quickly to lot of player after few games only. It would be too very interesting to know what your opinion is about.

Regards

It's not just in this thread as it is happening in others as well with members arguing with one another, not being constructive, spamming etc and it's getting tedious having to read through it all whilst trying to pull out the useful information which i'm trying to pass on. All that is does, not just for me but for others as well is put them off reading and replying to a thread.

I know Steven.

that's why I keep trying to get the thread back on track. I figure if I post that list at the start of the page then people will read it, and reply with their own suggestions. instead it's twice now been bogged down with spam.

I've stopped mentioning it in the other threads for that reason.

you could save us all hassle and ban the one harrassing user who keeps drowning out every attempt to course-correct with his terrible straw-man arguments, but I guess that's not your style so fair enough.

I think if you was in charge of a player's position(s) we would have every GK being able to as FC

Iniesta and Isco with being able to play as a wide forward?? You serious??

they can play on the left of a front three. now SM have made it a requirement to have F(RL) to play wide in a flat front three, yes, these players should have F(L). if SM wants to give us variant formations, fine, but the idea that I can play a 343 and not have Iniesta wide of a front three is ludicrous.

as for the first statement: please don't resort to straw-man nonsense we already have one person who does that.

couple more suggestions:

ALVARO MORATA: F(RLC)

he doesn't really play that wide anymore (the AM(RL) thing was, I think, just a way to get him into the Madrid side) and never really played as what you'd call a true winger. F(RLC) would cover his proper positional skills, I think.

BOJAN: AM,F(RLC)

unlike Morata he does play as a winger for Stoke. this should probably be recognised in his positional data.

I know Steven.

that's why I keep trying to get the thread back on track. I figure if I post that list at the start of the page then people will read it, and reply with their own suggestions. instead it's twice now been bogged down with spam.

you could save us all hassle and ban the one harrassing user who keeps drowning out every attempt to course-correct with his terrible straw-man arguments, but I guess that's not your style so fair enough.

they can play on the left of a front three. now SM have made it a requirement to have F(RL) to play wide in a flat front three, yes, these players should have F(L). if SM wants to give us variant formations, fine, but the idea that I can play a 343 and not have Iniesta wide of a front three is ludicrous.

as for the first statement: please don't resort to straw-man nonsense we already have one person who does that.

couple more suggestions:

he doesn't really play that wide anymore (the AM(RL) thing was, I think, just a way to get him into the Madrid side) and never really played as what you'd call a true winger. F(RLC) would cover his proper positional skills, I think.

unlike Morata he does play as a winger for Stoke. this should probably be recognised in his positional data.

:rolleyes: Some people struggle to answer questions and consider other viewpoints. Lol, I didn't realise that trying to get people banned and trying to censor threads were recognized tactics in debates.

You and this straw-man! Did a straw-man kill your father or something? While we are talking logical fallacies like the straw-man...how about considering the logical fallacies of 'ad hominem' (attacking the arguer instead of the argument) and 'avoiding the question'. Maybe you could consider correcting these two flaws in your own argument when you next post.

Again...I ask the question: "If (according to your logic) HUMMELS occupies DM© positions...why would you deny him the DM© positional ability...when (again, according to your logic) INIESTA should be allowed the M(RCL) positional ability because he occupies M(RCL) positions? Why do you treat them differently?"

Do you have third party statistics to back up your new positional claims?...by this I don't mean your eyes and your opinion...because this is just subjective nonsense.

According to transfermarkt, BOJAN has not played winger this season for Stoke. During the 14/15 season...he played winger once. I don't think that this is sufficient to warrant the RW/LW positional abilities.

For a viewpoint to be taken seriously, it needs third party evidence...not just what you 'saw' or 'remember seeing'. Please provide a reference to goal.com, transfermarkt (or another statistical site) with future claims.

I know Steven.

couple more suggestions:

unlike Morata he does play as a winger for Stoke. this should probably be recognised in his positional data.

From your posts you come across as one of these 'I don't have the players required to play the formation I want to play, lets see if I can persuade those in charge of positional/player changes to put the players I want into my chosen formation' kind of guy.

On you basis and reasoning virtually all attacking Full-Backs should be have R/LW as a standard. What about CB's that venture past the halfway line? Should they all have CM in their positional chart?

Too many players already can play in too many positions and perform to 100% of their ability. That is the key! I would not mind Isco playing F(L/R) for example, if he was penalised for doing so. Perhaps say he would be able to perform to 85% of his ability or thereabouts. This games MUST remain a challenge. If you had your way.........it will not be one.

What is the point of offering suggestions when you shoot down every one that isn't in line with your view.