Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

Copying this from another thread for replies

Multiple clicks to get to screens that were easily accesible in 1/2 before
Shortlists now appear limited to 1 page
Headers don't change in squad screen when you change view. International still has value, morale etc
Dropdown box for first team does nothing
Takes 5/6 seconds to load every page change
Trying to switch players in tactics is all sorts of awful
The constant need to scroll down pages, why?
Can no longer filter the transfer list by position/age etc

Player info coming up on the tactics screen and then not going away when you're trying to make changes

Sorting by morale on the squad screen doesn't actually do it. Just seems to re-order the players in a random way
Errors on roughly 25% of player searches

Scrolling for everything. Scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll

Did the people testing this actually do anything? I've found all of this in less than a day by myself

Cosmetically, why on the tactics screen is an information logo used for arrows now? Surely arrows could be done thesame way and theinformation icon could actually bring up theplayerinformation. You have it reversed :/

Changes should be made to make things easier and more efficient for the user. This has done the complete opposite and I just can't understand the reasoning behind adding extra screens to get where you want. That's the first thing you are told to avoid during a design phase.

The match engine may well be improved but it's going to be overlooked due to all of the above.

Firstly,the  forum change is better than the previous one, it's how it should have been done last time so good to see.

Secondly, non of the supervisors or mods have access to the moderator section so that needs fixing.

Thirdly, I am no longer a supervisor - the non-responsiveness or willingness to communicate from SM has made me lose faith - the forum all but died with the last changes which is a massive shame as it was a fantastic place to be a while back.

And now onto the game update - I have given Soccer Manager 2016 a decent amount of time so aesthetically I was not surprised. Modernising is often a positive thing, but when it compromising on simplicity and quality, that's where it starts to go wrong.

When in a club I don't mind the layout, the different tabs all have there functions and work quite well. 

I'm not going to repeat all of the bugs listed by everyone. The main issue is the slowness of it all, it thinks about opening everything and is pretty frustrating tbh.

I'm sad to say I will be cutting down my teams from 17 to around 5 as it is too slow and the genius of the simplicity SM once was has gone.

My main disappointment is the response from SM. Hears hoping things improve from here on in.

Posted this in another thread. I like the game and i don't want to quit but the new UI isn't user friendly. Is there any way you can let us choose between the new and old UI? I am certain a lot of people would prefer the old UI. Good job on making a new ME and some new features to, though.

Have you read our blog post about the new user interface? What specific areas aren't you finding user friendly?

And now onto the game update - I have given Soccer Manager 2016 a decent amount of time so aesthetically I was not surprised. Modernising is often a positive thing, but when it compromising on simplicity and quality, that's where it starts to go wrong.

When in a club I don't mind the layout, the different tabs all have there functions and work quite well. 

I'm not going to repeat all of the bugs listed by everyone. The main issue is the slowness of it all, it thinks about opening everything and is pretty frustrating tbh.

We are working round the clock to fix things like the speed issues so please bear with us

this new update has so many faults ....tactics page is a dogs dinner,way over thought for a simple task of picking a team....no seperation of subs and first team ( who okayed this  ? ) ...do we really need moral percentages ? autopick? lol...the old set up was fine if it was spruced up a bit (colour ,team crests)...this will take months to iron out and by that time a can see so many gold managers leaving ...this is aimed at teenagers and young kids now who have other similar and better football managing games already available ...massive own goal here ...

Copying this from another thread for replies

Multiple clicks to get to screens that were easily accesible in 1/2 before

Shortlists now appear limited to 1 page

Headers don't change in squad screen when you change view. International still has value, morale etc

Dropdown box for first team does nothing

Takes 5/6 seconds to load every page change

Trying to switch players in tactics is all sorts of awful

The constant need to scroll down pages, why?

Can no longer filter the transfer list by position/age etc

Player info coming up on the tactics screen and then not going away when you're trying to make changes

Sorting by morale on the squad screen doesn't actually do it. Just seems to re-order the players in a random way

Errors on roughly 25% of player searches

Scrolling for everything. Scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll

Did the people testing this actually do anything? I've found all of this in less than a day by myself

Cosmetically, why on the tactics screen is an information logo used for arrows now? Surely arrows could be done thesame way and theinformation icon could actually bring up theplayerinformation. You have it reversed :/

Changes should be made to make things easier and more efficient for the user. This has done the complete opposite and I just can't understand the reasoning behind adding extra screens to get where you want. That's the first thing you are told to avoid during a design phase.

The match engine may well be improved but it's going to be overlooked due to all of the above.

Cheers for providing us with this feedback. A number of the issues you are facing have already been logged. In terms of the rest I will flag these up to be looked at. I want to assure everyone that we are working around the clock to have as many issues resolved, as quick as possible

I played the Pavillions world and gave some very constructive advice much of which has been ignored.

Unfortunately you have managed to alieniate much of your current user base .

At least 5 of my clubs have lost in the region of 200M in value and will be effectively bankrupted by the end of the year. In one day 5 years work with one club and much more with others has been undone.

You have also , as I informed at the time , created a short cut to short term success as teams have hoarded younger players to sell now.

These clubs will under no circumstance sell thier older players or stars as they can in some cases sit on 400M plus in gained revenue.

The interface is so slow that it has taken me 30 minutes to scan through 6 clubs rather than the time it has taken me to look at all your clubs.

I very much fear that you have killed your own game stone dead. I hope I am wrong but I suspect not. If you look at the exodus from many game worlds you really must be worried. Under no circumstance will I renew my gold membership as things stand.  I have noticed that the old interface works perfectly fine with the new changes , so why not allow use to skin the game that way and use it as we wish?

I'll look at this on a Windows laptop to see whether I can continue to enjoy the game in the same way as I did. In my humble opinion, on an IPhone or an iPad the game has become really difficult. A simple act like picking the next team with regard to fitness and position has become something akin to questioning the meaning of life!!!

I should say that, ever since the apps were made for the devices I have described above, I have deliberately logged into the game using a browser and continuing with the old system.

I'm more disappointed than angry. I love game, but not like this. I'll either drastically reduce my clubs or end up doing auto pick, which, of course, negates all enjoyment.

I seriously suggest SM bring back choice, as was previously promised. I find it difficult to believe that the people who are responsible for the change are actual players. If they are they're not premier league!!!!

Anyway a proper post, I don't really mind it apart from the fact it's as SLOW AS. I think if anything the update will make it harder for smaller teams to build up as opposed to combating big teams from play hogging. All the better younger players you were able to 'merch' and actually make profit on as a smaller club is all of a sudden MUCH harder to do. As a small team it's hard enough to keep yourself out of debt whilst fighting for promotion, pre-update, now post.. it's going to be A LOT harder.

The Forum is looking better - that's a plus, the first team, youth, loaned out function now works in Firefox - another plus, However I can't find my club stadium capacity anywhere. This i want to check as it was supposed to increase after the update.

As for the general update - too early too tell as i'm still finding my way around..

Have you read our blog post about the new user interface? What specific areas aren't you finding user friendly?

Look, i'm not going to go into absolute details about all things. Simply, you have made it harder to find sections of the game by increasing the amount of clicks we have to make. It's obvious why you've done this but what you haven't seem to have accounted for is this logic:

A user will spend more time on the game/your site if it's user friendly. In turn generating more clicks.

People are already demanding refunds and a lot of potential customers have been deterred. Here's a message from another forum (another member, not me) i'm on:

"Well I was going to buy a gold membership a couple of days ago, just so I could prioritise my (now missing) shortlist and so I could store more than one starting 11 and tactics at a time. I thought it would come in handy when cup games were being played, and also be worth a measly £10 for the year, but they can right off now. It's awful. Real shame as I was loving it."

On the old UI everything was so easy to find. You had the "taskbar" with everything lined up. "Team/Front page" - Squad - Tactics - Schedule etc. SImple, clean and effective.

Now you have to click on a section to get to a section to get to a different section. Then go back, go to a new section to go to a different section. Just complicated.

The new graphics look as designed for kids. Flashy colours, stars and player pictures all over. Should have just kept it simple and clean. Like the old UI. There really was no need to change it. Hopefully the new ME is better, for that i'll give you cred.

I know you won't listen to a thing i've said so i don't know why i even bother. You will find out the hard way. Damn shame.

Why not put the new interface to a vote and let us the users choose the way forward as the designers will always see there design as there baby and not want to revert back to a more user friendly layout, if this doesn't happen we will vote with our delete button, it is horrible, slow not slick at all, we want to spend 5 to 10 minutes at a time looking at the game but now that needs more clicks to get where we want which is more time because it loads so slow and  the interface is not designed for a game like this.

As for the new app talk about awkward the old one was easy to operate had everything you wanted in front of you to click on, now we need to click to get to click on what we wanted to go its like going around the round about 3 times to get where you want to go.

Remember less is more except when you are talking about money then we all know more is more.

From a gold member since 2009

Well, it was fun while it lasted, congratulations SM on ruining one of my favourite footie games ever. From what I've been reading and the people I've spoken to the verdict on the latest update is pretty much unanimous, ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING, you have a hell of a lot of unhappy customers.

This guy sums it perfectly

Look, i'm not going to go into absolute details about all things. Simply, you have made it harder to find sections of the game by increasing the amount of clicks we have to make. It's obvious why you've done this but what you haven't seem to have accounted for is this logic:

A user will spend more time on the game/your site if it's user friendly. In turn generating more clicks.

People are already demanding refunds and a lot of potential customers have been deterred. Here's a message from another forum (another member, not me) i'm on:

"Well I was going to buy a gold membership a couple of days ago, just so I could prioritise my (now missing) shortlist and so I could store more than one starting 11 and tactics at a time. I thought it would come in handy when cup games were being played, and also be worth a measly £10 for the year, but they can right off now. It's awful. Real shame as I was loving it."

On the old UI everything was so easy to find. You had the "taskbar" with everything lined up. "Team/Front page" - Squad - Tactics - Schedule etc. SImple, clean and effective.

Now you have to click on a section to get to a section to get to a different section. Then go back, go to a new section to go to a different section. Just complicated.

The new graphics look as designed for kids. Flashy colours, stars and player pictures all over. Should have just kept it simple and clean. Like the old UI. There really was no need to change it. Hopefully the new ME is better, for that i'll give you cred.

I know you won't listen to a thing i've said so i don't know why i even bother. You will find out the hard way. Damn shame.

Unfortunately it looks like that with this release you have killed fun of playing with releasing new players value. Many of the friends have started playing together from lower leagues, and have been competing for long time trying to build good team. With new player prizes you just created really big team value difference. I will provide sample:

Same sm world, all teams starting in the same lower division, before the release we had:

Team A value: ~120

Team B value: ~115

Team C value: ~120

Team D value: ~125

Team E value: ~130

After new release:

Team A value: ~128

Team B value: ~120

Team C value: ~120

Team D value: ~160

Team E value: ~ 200

For now players are balanced, but much higher value will allow teams to buy much better players and it was nothing more than luck.

Same problem with player wages. I am not sure if you are aware but in lower divisions people are trying to balance it to have balance equal 0.

Now after the release I see I have wages increased by 20% which is another unfair problem

In my opinion you should not use new prices and wages in already started SM worlds, as it just killed the fun of playing it.

Another example. In my SM world on guy just bought Martial from ManU paying  6M, while his current value is 24M.

The big was accepted hours before the release ...

Another unfair action.

Generally speaking it is quite sad you kill such a fun.

Hi Steven and Kev, congrats on the 10 years of SM. Here's my feedback.

Stuff I like:

1. Addition of more formations, change in player position compatibility and removal of unneeded instructions. There's a big difference in 4231 wide and 4231 narrow so glad to see the difference in formations recognised in the game. Someone in another thread complained about Sergio Agüero not being able to be played in midfield. That's great. He isn't a midfielder so shouldn't be able to be played as one and hopefully as the player positions on Soccer Wiki are updated again, we'll see the remaining 'strange' positions some players can play in go.
  2. Revised attendances and stadium building. I really like this even though my fan base is the highest in my game world. I see a fair few complaints from fellow managers about the players I've accumulated over time and hopefully this inclusion will see their finances get stronger too and able to accomodate more players.
  3. Economy changes in wages and squad value. My squad wages have doubled from £1.3M to £2.6M and I'm delighted. Hopefully things like this will see a reduction in player hogging and have the talent spread around to more teams in each league.
  4. Player concerns not being able to be bought off. Someone in my league had both Buffon and ter Stegen and for a while he kept paying off ter Stegen's concerns until he demanded a wage of over £100k/week and it wasn't feasible for him to continue paying them off. In the end he ended up losing ter Stegen and recently decided to sell Buffon and bring in Handanovic which is his loss overall instead of relying on his young talent. I hated seeing other teams buying off concerns and am glad this has been removed.
  5. Players sold to external clubs only having 7 day transfer ban instead of the couple of months it was previously. Should encourage more transfers and over time keep the best players in the league at a number of clubs.
  6. No longer being able to set players to unavailable. Certain managers in my league had set all of their players to unavailable under the old SM. Glad to see the change as even if they do end up rejecting any bids in, at least we can put bids in and show them what we're willing to pay if they do change their mind.
  7. With the UI, the feedback that had been presented in the test gameworld about the player statistics page has been listened to and the statistics for all seasons can be seen.
  8. On Schedule, there being a section specifically for friendlies. Good move.
  9. Having the upcoming fixtures separated from the results so I don't have to scroll down a portion of the page to see what the fixtures coming up are.
  10. The countdown to the next fixture. Good job.
  11. I also like when making in-game tactics you can see the substitutions more clearly.

Things I'm not a fan of:

1. The fixtures and results screens still take up so much room. I'd like to see everything on one line ideally, so instead of this I'd like to see something like this:
    • Each row has a height of 30 instead of 50 and the fixture date and competition type is on same row like on old UI so can see five fixtures instead of one in the same amount of space. The computer icon would remain for clubs that have no manager but I don't think seeing the manager on the fixtures and results page is of much importance.
  2. The club trophies. While I like the new view, I'd also like a view where we can see which seasons we won each individual trophy.
  3. I don't like that there is no space on the tactics page between the starting XI and subs bench but from reading this thread I can see that is being dealt with.
  4. I don't like not being able to see the stadia capacities.

Bugs:

1. In my league ID 101474 when I click on my squad, it only shows 19 players on the squad page with the likes of Messi, Kompany, Götze, Bale and Özil not visible.

Questions

1. With regards to revised attendances and stadium building, any idea of roughly when we will see teams be notified that their stadia is in line for an increase?
  2. Before the change my game world was on Normal Economy. Now it is on Poor Economy. Is it possible to make it clearer what the general impact of each economy setting will be on the game world and how the income will change for each team so I can get a rough idea of what setting would be best for my game world when changing the setting next season?

Thanks. If I can think of anything else I'll make a new post.

Players value is so realistic now.That's a good thing,but god,don't tell me that the finances such as TV revenue or gate receipts gonna remain the same?I mean...as a Premier League Club,with some world class players such as my beloved 7046 Sunderland,I only earn 3.9 mils a season from TV revenue?What's that?A League two team earns more in real life than that.If you intend to make it realistic,make it.But just...just don't make it in pieces.

EDIT: This may be a glitch,but some players simply disappeared from my team in 7046.

Guys to let you know, I have been managing the same teams for over 7 years now, like a lot of you, and have built up squad after squad over the years by playing the game properly.

First point I want to make is around the Game World economies. I accept that there has been significant change and it can appear daunting at first with increase in valuations/wages etc. (my wage bill increased a lot). However I can honestly say that this has breathed new life into the Game World as it has managers have had to make decisions about actually selling players for once (rather than hogging every superstar they can get there hands on)

Regarding player concerns I think the changes are really positive. For one managers cannot simply ‘pay off’ a player to remove their concerns and continue to hold on to them for the sake of it. Also as a player’s concerns increases or morale reduces this will impact a player’s valuation, so this will mean that rival managers will be able to buy these players for reduced prices and get their hands on a bargain player

Hey Guys, here to answer your questions, but I just want to start by saying that any abuse or swearing is not going to be tolerated. If you give constructive feedback I will respond. Cheers

Ok I'll take this offer of feedback at face value, seeing as my previous post flagging up the issues I'm having was removed I'll try again for the second time:

A first team squad (WC11808 ID71457) is only showing 8 players none have been sold, not injured, not suspended, not out on loan, not moved to the youth squad etc just totally vanished from the squad players like De Gea, Pogba etc.

On noticing this I tried to raise a bug ticket but using Chrome running on Win10 the layout is buggered so that you can't see the bottom of the bug ticket to submit said bug.

So I can't report a bug because of a bug.

Oh and FWIW the layout itself I personally don't have an issue with, such dramatic changes will always be a shock to the system but the are what they are and I can live with the changes, it's the bugs I have the issue with.

Let's see if this post actually stays up and gets a response this time! 

I'm still in shock that the update has been released now when there were clearly still a huge amount of bugs/issues & user feedback that could have been used from those in the test worlds in order to improve the update prior to it's mass release. 

I hope you're able to track the amount of clubs that have been quit in the past 24 odd hours as it's pretty unbelievable how many long term users have been forced into quitting a game they really enjoyed and put in some cases years of their time into. I've been defending what feel's like a huge host of issues people have had because at the end of the day they do need to give it time before making such drastic decisions however I am fully behind those whom have stated that "No regard for the long term players" has been made for this update & instead the game has been placed into a position of appearing like such titles as the Football Manager series in order to bring new customers in. It really does feel like those who will chuck money at the game have been targeted and not the long term fans. 

I was told that ad's wouldn't be as prominent and there wouldn't be more than were shown in the Pavilions Test World and myself personally I don't see them thankfully due to ad block. I'm not going to say to not have them, of course it's a source of revenue and the game needs that stream. The problem is that everyone is complaining that they have to watch a video every time they want to watch Match Highlights or to just look at a Match Report, sorry gents but that is ridiculous, whether you can skip it after 5 seconds or not. I check countless games and match reports when analysing an opponent, if I had to watch a video every time I wouldn't be sticking around.

The Manager List is there but you can't see which clubs are unmanaged. You can't offer out clubs that are free but instead you are given the game world number to tell people presumably, backwards step that.

You can't share match results!? Seriously? Brilliant for ending the community vibe in game worlds that. It provided discussions and such, it kept the game worlds social, why has it been removed? Sure we can write our own and the social game worlds will but I don't see the need to have removed this.

I'm in full agreement that the economy/finances/player wages and such improvements are genuine huge improvements for the game. The issue mentioned in a prior post in relation to the TV Rights and Match Day income changing though is a good point and I haven't yet looked into it but surely they also need updating should they have now been yet.

Something I didn't mention on my prior posts but have noticed now is the lack of notifications, if I have new club messages it'd be great to see the drop down icon appear as 'CLUB (6)' for example.

I spent hours prior to the forum crashing providing my feedback and constructive criticism on areas for improvement but also discussing good areas of the update. For this update to have been released before it has had both mine and plenty of other people in the communities thoughts, opinions, bugs/issues raised and used/dealt with in order to improve the update is awful. 

I stopped paying for a Gold Membership myself years ago due to feeling like the game was run in order to make money and not for the community/fans and such and overtime I think some have realised as much themselves and perhaps made similar decisions but now with this update being done in the way it has I have genuinely not seen a single person say they would be renewing their Gold Membership, 95% I would say have said they will be dropping the amount of teams they manage and probably 5%-10% of every game world's population have or have vowed to leave SM all together. 

I expected a fallout, I predicted as much in my feedback prior but I thought it wouldn't be as many as this and furthermore could be thoroughly prevented by taking more opinions of long serving managers such as myself. It now feels rushed and I know rushed isn't the right term here because a lot of time and effort has been put into it, but clearly asking the fans/community/long serving members of the game for example prior to the updates release was overlooked. 

It's a longterm plan this update no doubt and in the end it'll probably work out fine but isn't it awful that people that have been here for almost the whole 10 years themselves now feel obliged to give up on SM.

On a side note, the SM Forum update is great, it's less 'graphic' like in terms of the main image used. It seems many feel the same needs to be done about SM Worlds now.

Guys to let you know, I have been managing the same teams for over 7 years now, like a lot of you, and have built up squad after squad over the years by playing the game properly.

First point I want to make is around the Game World economies. I accept that there has been significant change and it can appear daunting at first with increase in valuations/wages etc. (my wage bill increased a lot). However I can honestly say that this has breathed new life into the Game World as it has managers have had to make decisions about actually selling players for once (rather than hogging every superstar they can get there hands on)

Regarding player concerns I think the changes are really positive. For one managers cannot simply ‘pay off’ a player to remove their concerns and continue to hold on to them for the sake of it. Also as a player’s concerns increases or morale reduces this will impact a player’s valuation, so this will mean that rival managers will be able to buy these players for reduced prices and get their hands on a bargain player

These are good additions,of course.But some things on the finances have to be updated too.I mean,it's definitely not realistic to earn just 3.9 mils from TV revenue as a Premier League club.You just cannot kill a club that way.

Wow. Haven't been on the forum in a while. Just felt the need to voice my opinion about the new interface. I've been a member since 2009, with brief breaks here and there. 

Checking up on my squads everyday was something I really liked, now it feels like a burden. I'm almost getting to a point that I can't be bothered anymore. The GW's I'm in a lot of people have already left there squads. A shame. 

I'm all for innovating and progressing, IF DONE RIGHT. I'm not a paying member, so I accept the ads. No problem at all. I also understand the need to generate more pageviews, I have no problem with that either. Also changes in the game tactics/finances, no problem.

But from going to a 'clean' layout, with a clear structure and a white background to this new layout which feels extremely clustered/stuffed and dark I can't understand. Most buttons look extremely amateurish. Loading time is absolutely awful. I know it takes time to get used to new features, but there are no real new features. Everything is just hidden under different layers to generate clicks. If it was done logically, I could live with it but this is terrible. Especially since it takes AGES to LOAD.

I absolutely love SM and it's concept. And I know no one cares but I'm giving it 2 more weeks and if nothing changes I'm done. I'm not talking about 'simple' bugs like players missing, that is to be excepted with drastic changes. My problem is with the layout mostly.

Just my to cents.  :)