Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

There's much more wrong to SM than it seems. Sorry but nothing that I'm going to write is related to the new SM interface but is related to the "REBRANDING" of SM.

There seems to be too many GWs coming up lately and I wonder how 16 new consecutive European championships be completely full and become empty within days. To much of my surprise when I got to be in 3-4 of those European championships, I saw average of 10 out of 24 managers who were just 2-3 days old. They left within a week. No wonder they are SM fake accounts and why SM is doing so. You can see there are ghost European championship GWs with just 2-3 managers in them above EC5000. And how in just 2 months there are about 400 new ECs. Not just European championships, this is the case with all the standard GWs. There is no doubt that there are over 90% GWs in SM that don't have more than 30% teams managed in them.

Next is about multiple accounts and bug managers. In my 2 old standard GWs( a Scottish and an English) there are 4 and 8 multiple accounts respectively. They log in on the same day, were made on the same day, do deals on the same day but SM had taken no action against them I don't know why. There is a manager who I think is an SM ghost account who MANAGES 530 GAME WORLDS. You can find him in all old standard GWs such as EC1, German championship 1, World championship 1, Italian championship 1, etc. Ironically this account comes online daily. Again I have no idea why SM had done that and why they don't see it as a span even when I've reported them about this account.

These all bogus managers and ghost worlds have come up in 2016 since the "REBRANDING OF SM" and it's getting worse as more ghost GWs will come up.

here's a question: whatever happened to the penalties for playing people out of position?

an opponent of mine played 3-3-1-3 against me in the Cup today. he had Cristiano and Hazard as RCM and LCM. he won 4-3.

he also routinely plays Marcelo in a back 3 to no penalty.

now, I mean... HOW?

does the orange status just not mean anything? because how on earth can someone get away with a team like that?

Ma come è possibile ora gestire molte squadre senza la possibilità di salvare le tattiche??!! Con la nuova interfaccia è possibile salvarne solo 7 e oltretutto non per squadra ma in generale??!!

Per chi ha molte squadre è impossibile gestirle dovendo fare tutti i giorni la formazione da zero!! 

Ma perchè?! Come è possibile SM non pensi a queste cose?! 

Io non riesco più a giocarci!!

I play SM since 2006... and for the last 2 years this was getting bad by the month...

really.. why do you keep pushing us with this interface???   it´s NOT FUN.... it´s SLOW... it´s UGLY... 

SM was a Great online game... And all you keep doing it´s destroying it...

WAKE UP GUYS....

What's funny is...

...If SM had worked on improving the game, ie...Transfer Market and Cash, 2D Match, Squad Organizing, Better News Feed, Chat Worked, the list really goes on and on, if you think about, before the years of just working on colors and New Layouts...

...I guarantee, the percentage of people complaining about the new layout, and the percentage of people quitting, would have been way down, in fact, maybe nothing really at all.

This has been poorly handled over the years.

I still say, the old layout, where everything was Green was the best, because then, it was about the game, not eye candy.

SM, I feel, has even stepped away from following their own principles...

#3 Soccer Manager is the peoples game, developed by soccer fans for soccer fans. Therefore we welcome any ideas and suggestions you have for making 'your' game better. Already, many ideas that have been submitted to us via the community forums have since become key features of Soccer Manager.

#7 There is a philosophy at Soccer Manager that the customer comes first, and as a result you can rest assured that there is an extremely hard working and dedicated team, working with the intention to keep 'your' favourite soccer manager game running as smoothly as possible.

I think I've come to realize, that there's no turning back now. I've accepted the fate of having to deal with playing on the New UI.

But, for now, and somehow, I'm still playing on the OLD UI, which is a blast. I love how fast I can move around, from squad to squad.

Sigh...

I see everyone posting their SM stories....

I'll keep mine very simple. I would 100% be gone off SM completely had it not been for the time i've invested in my Lazio team on the boards GW....

Like the rest of you I had many gameworld's, packed them all in, zero interest. I've 3 now and 2 of them are my own ones where there is very little maintenance required, that's the ONLY reason I don't dump them.

What has been a fantastic product has become a chore, and a chore that does not even work correctly.....

In essence, there is literally nothing keeping me in the game anymore bar the time I've put in (in a massively competitive GW) with Lazio...

Simple really, the chat was the final straw... it's broke, they are not fixing it....

Such a shame, and I mean that

The new interface is so slow compared tothe old one.

Is less user friendly.

It requires more clicks to do the same things.

It is much more difficult to manage big squads

It is more difficult to replace players in the starting 11

Seriously, are you trying to lose money and lose users?

i just went to Alexa to see how the traffic to SM has evolved lately and this forum doesn't allow me to post the image, but SM went from place 6000th to 14000th in a year.

As you can see, there is a dramatic drop in visits starting with the implementation of the new interface.

If you believe that 2+2=4, then you should consider logic to bring back the old interface

Chris Gooze got a +1 today in game. He has a fancy wig, too good to be real, and he plays for Buckie Thistle, who play in the Scottish D7. A manager in one of my GWs did some research and found that the player doesn't even exist, and he isn't in the squad. How did he get a +1 to 63/64 then?

Bit of a comical joke this and I wouldn't be surprised if it is one of the SM devs, the name sounds similar. Anybody else wants to check this out?

Can't view played fixture on old interface despite it being right there to view. (No 'play' button, just team screen loads up)

Download the mobile app, tells me results in, open it up "next fixture in progress".

Mess.

What happened to Job Offers, especially in GC's? That was the coolest thing that y'all implemented.

Same thing as, when y'all would randomly create GC's, and not tell the managers. There was no reserving.

That was so fun, having to time it when signing on. You had created your own market. Now everybody gets what they want, what's the fun in that?

Also, why's the squad cap still at 250? That needs to be changed, with all these new things coming out. C'mon now. Drop it to 150 at least.

Just make it to where if you are in a GC or any other league, that has managers with 150+ players, they can't buy, until they sell, and get under the 150.

Simple, and who cares about the complaints, because in the end, the game will be better for it.

Not even Chelsea has over a 100 in real life... :mellow:

On 14/07/2016 at 2:56 AM, footballz said:

What's funny is...

...If SM had worked on improving the game, ie...Transfer Market and Cash, 2D Match, Squad Organizing, Better News Feed, Chat Worked, the list really goes on and on, if you think about, before the years of just working on colors and New Layouts...

...I guarantee, the percentage of people complaining about the new layout, and the percentage of people quitting, would have been way down, in fact, maybe nothing really at all.

This has been poorly handled over the years.

I still say, the old layout, where everything was Green was the best, because then, it was about the game, not eye candy.

SM, I feel, has even stepped away from following their own principles...

#3 Soccer Manager is the peoples game, developed by soccer fans for soccer fans. Therefore we welcome any ideas and suggestions you have for making 'your' game better. Already, many ideas that have been submitted to us via the community forums have since become key features of Soccer Manager.

#7 There is a philosophy at Soccer Manager that the customer comes first, and as a result you can rest assured that there is an extremely hard working and dedicated team, working with the intention to keep 'your' favourite soccer manager game running as smoothly as possible.

I think I've come to realize, that there's no turning back now. I've accepted the fate of having to deal with playing on the New UI.

But, for now, and somehow, I'm still playing on the OLD UI, which is a blast. I love how fast I can move around, from squad to squad.

Sigh...

Damn.....this is a mess. I gotta agree with this guy.

80% of the reason I became addicted was because of the OLD interface.

80% of the reason I'm tempted to leave is because of the NEW interface.

Honestly, the old interface, iit was, it IS amazing. And I'm not just saying that. The ONLY reason people are so damn angry is because you've taken something so damn good and ran it into the ground.

When we say we don't like it, it's not because we hate change, or we're picky or we're ungrateful.

But you literally took the most perfect thing about the game and ruined it. 

How else are we supposed to react?

I've spent 7 years on this game. It is the only thing I have willingly done for such a long period of time. 

On 14/07/2016 at 11:32 PM, tupac_healy said:

I'll keep mine very simple. I would 100% be gone off SM completely had it not been for the time i've invested in my Lazio team on the boards GW....

Like the rest of you I had many gameworld's, packed them all in, zero interest. I've 3 now and 2 of them are my own ones where there is very little maintenance required, that's the ONLY reason I don't dump them.

What has been a fantastic product has become a chore, and a chore that does not even work correctly.....

In essence, there is literally nothing keeping me in the game anymore bar the time I've put in (in a massively competitive GW) with Lazio...

Simple really, the chat was the final straw... it's broke, they are not fixing it....

And if not for the sheer amount of time and effort I've put into my main GW then I would have left the day the new interface came out.

Honestly? If the concerns remain unfixed, all my hard work will be undone anyways....leaving me with no choice but to go anyway.

I suggested it before and I'll suggest it again;  a simple voting mechanism on new ideas where each managers reputation = their voting power. Simple.

I love this game and I don't want to go but you are practically pushing away the community.

On 14/07/2016 at 11:32 PM, tupac_healy said:

So many posts & I agree 100% with YOU ALL about this unlistening, uncaring organistion. I could go on at very, very long length basically repeating what you all have said. Instead I'll say SM=Slow Motion & SM think we are all SMc ...ie Stupid Mug customers!!! :( Little c