Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i play soccermanager since 2006... i´ve been here for 2 days trying to play...  but...   it´s more complicated it´s slower it´s annoying  players in yellow it´s an unconnected new feature... ple

Yep. My league has been going since 2012 and Redsky (who you quoted) along with Trion who posted just below you have been with the league from the start. Redsky started in Division 2 and Trion started

Here's my SM story: Joined in Jan 2015, but only seriously started in April. I'm still in Brookfield PL, the first custom I joined.    I love this game. Helps me to keep on track with RL football a

Lol. I can answer this...and it has nothing to do with the update (it has always been the case).

FALCAO is 92 rated. Your average team rating has to be at least 2 ratings higher than the player that you want to loan out (otherwise the chairman will reject it).

For example, my average is 90. I can therefore only loan out 88 rated and below. Simples.

Is your overall team rating 94?

I think you misunderstood....

The point I'm making is that a player of such quality (at the time) was out on loan in RL whereas in the SM world it's not even possible to loan an 85!!

I understood the how and why of the matter bit the point I was making was I was hoping in the update they might give us A LOT more control over the loan system

Surely increased wages (due to a players increased market value) will have little effect on player hoarders.

If a player hoarder has already hoarded to the point in which they have a well endowed team that they are content with...why would going into negative finances bother them?

If a manager has already grabbed all the best players in a game world, they can sit pretty, even if increased wages damages their finances. They can go negative 1 million, 2 million...hell they could go negative 10 million...and I often have.

...it is only if they want to buy new players that it becomes a problem (because you have to be plus to table bids).

At one point and I hope i am not making this up if you got into debt your chaiman sold  players (i think) anyway I have a team of 125 ish players not all the best players but best starting 11 avg and bench. I thought exactly what you said but after the reluanch my squad value increased from 500m to 900m. They said morale effects how much a players worth i'm not seeing but something needs done as it is a issue.

You know what i'd love a text file of the old/new Match Engine as my gut says it not new at all along with something that happened  when you switch back to old interface regarding 352 and the am at lm or rm situation. It 'seems' it's  not a new match engine if anything a small update that could well be nothing more than cosmetic. 

...a manager in my game world fielded HAZARD and BALE at RM and LM tonight in a 3-5-2.

...both players got 8.0 ratings and both scored.

Steven...has the new match engine been implemented yet? Would you be able to elaborate on how the new engine will influence this kind of behavior?...as last time I checked, neither could play at RM/LM according to Soccerwiki and I thought that the new engine would penalize this kind of deployment.

I appreciate that you must be really busy, but I think that it is only fair that managers know where they stand. If we can 'get away' with fielding AM(RCL)/WINGERS in a flat M(RCL) position...we should know. If we will be penalized for it, we should also know how. I just want some clarity on the issue.

Please let me know.

I just said this then read your post it doesn't seem right does it ?

Sorry on my phone and can't find the quote option....

...a manager in my game world fielded HAZARD and BALE at RM and LM tonight in a 3-5-2.

Steven...has the new match engine been implemented yet? Would you be able to elaborate on how the new engine will influence this kind of behavior?...as last time I checked, neither could play at RM/LM according to Soccerwiki and I thought that the new engine would penalize this kind of deployment.

I appreciate that you must be really busy, but I think that it is only fair that managers know where they stand. If we can 'get away' with fielding AM(RCL)/WINGERS in a flat M(RCL) position...we should know. If we will be penalized for it, we should also know how. I just want some clarity on the issue.

Please let me know.

I just checked my main GW where one player is especially notorious for using this tactic and sure enough he played 3-5-2 with wingers out wide and won very comfortably against another decent team....

Surely if the new game engine is in effect these wingers should be getting a 3-4 rating no?

Just a thought from me on the UI.

I think the mobile and app versions look very swanky and exactly what was needed.

But. I think the desktop version was just like cramming an app into the browser and unfortunately does not work.

You should have the app and mobile as the swanky version. Then the desktop as it was, but with the updates fed in.

I appreciate the extra revenue that the adverts allow, but I am sure everyone would accept a 30 second video before results if it meant keeping the old UI with the new changes.

Surely increased wages (due to a players increased market value) will have little effect on player hoarders.

If a player hoarder has already hoarded to the point in which they have a well endowed team that they are content with...why would going into negative finances bother them?

If a manager has already grabbed all the best players in a game world, they can sit pretty, even if increased wages damages their finances. They can go negative 1 million, 2 million...hell they could go negative 10 million...and I often have.

...it is only if they want to buy new players that it becomes a problem (because you have to be plus to table bids).

I beg to differ.

If anyone is hoarding they need to be dynamic and be able to change.

My Oldham team is rather good, if I don't say so myself, but I've always relied on buying/selling risers and in oe from winning things (mainly the league as I wielded weak cup sides as my first team is strong, my reserves are weak!).

I'm sure that whatever is in place that people are moaning about will take time to come to fruition but it's for the greater good.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Well done SM i think its alot better to use on Phone and computer, I have come across a few bugs though which i have reported as bugs but all in  all a good update imo, you will never please everyone these thigs never do and people will come and go, same goes for the match engine will never please everyone whatever they do!

Oh and nice to see the forum much easier to use!

Have a question about player's fitness condition:

Back with the old system I needed to have two players for every position : Team A for the division games, Team B for cup games.

With the new one, where I will need for more cash for wages, do you did anything about more realistic fitness condition? I mean in real football teams use around 16-17 players max(if not injured) during their season, and only use some young players in first round of cup games.

So to summarize : will I need again 21 players for my teams, or I can use around 15-16 and rotating them if I play in division, 2 cups and SMFA games.

Thank you!

I know this kind of falls under match engine/player position discussions...but I was also wondering...

...Steven?

The old interface this is still being worked on as it was only put live again yesterday and there will be some display issues like with formations and where players can play on the tactics page.

Please let me know.

If a player is highlighted as yellow on the tactics page it means they can potentially play there but they will be penalised for doing so. We are currently in the process of making this a lot harsher and personally I wouldn't put a player out of position now or going forward unless it was an emergency.

Simple thing, might have been mentioned prior and if it has it's slipped my mind but could a clubs whose finances are 'in the red' be changed from being - £345k for example and just placed in red or white, red for negative white for positive. 

Currently it appears as shown below and doesn't read well.

Arsenal - £1.7m (Positive)

Arsenal - - £1.7m (Negative)

Good point and i've flagged this up.

I think you misunderstood....

The point I'm making is that a player of such quality (at the time) was out on loan in RL whereas in the SM world it's not even possible to loan an 85!!

I understood the how and why of the matter bit the point I was making was I was hoping in the update they might give us A LOT more control over the loan system

One of the issues that our community raised was "player hogging" and therefore we won't be relaxing the loan system because this would defeat the point of us trying to tackle this issue and implement the feedback we've had.

You know what i'd love a text file of the old/new Match Engine as my gut says it not new at all along with something that happened  when you switch back to old interface regarding 352 and the am at lm or rm situation. It 'seems' it's  not a new match engine if anything a small update that could well be nothing more than cosmetic. 

The match engine has been ported from SM16. So no it's not technically a new one as it's a few months old but it has replaced the old one that we had for a good number of years. We will continue to make improvements to it going forward like adding 2D matchday highlights to the score centre.

Re the old interface this is still being worked on as it was only put live again yesterday and there will be some display issues like with formations and where players can play on the tactics page.

Just a thought from me on the UI.

I think the mobile and app versions look very swanky and exactly what was needed.

But. I think the desktop version was just like cramming an app into the browser and unfortunately does not work.

You should have the app and mobile as the swanky version. Then the desktop as it was, but with the updates fed in.

I appreciate the extra revenue that the adverts allow, but I am sure everyone would accept a 30 second video before results if it meant keeping the old UI with the new changes.

I really like the app and it's how it should've been when we launched our app a few years back. I think it's very slick and easy to use but needs a few things ironing out and this will be done over the coming weeks. I took me a few days to get used to the new UI and there's still things that i'm flagging up that i'm finding hard to do. If i'm finding them hard and i've been playing since day one then others will be as well. So we want our community to provide as much feedback on the new UI as possible to help us make changes going forward.

Well done SM i think its alot better to use on Phone and computer, I have come across a few bugs though which i have reported as bugs but all in  all a good update imo, you will never please everyone these thigs never do and people will come and go, same goes for the match engine will never please everyone whatever they do!

Oh and nice to see the forum much easier to use!

I think the new UI is like marmite - you either love it or hate it. I think those that don't like it are the older members of our community who have got used to the old interface but we've had good feedback from our newer members. So now is the time to try and get that balance with your help and feedback to improve the new UI whilst everyone has the option to change between both old and new.

If a player is highlighted as yellow on the tactics page it means they can potentially play there but they will be penalised for doing so. We are currently in the process of making this a lot harsher and personally I wouldn't put a player out of position now or going forward unless it was an emergency.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Fantastic. So it is definitely to be implemented fully soon...I still see managers abusing the 3-5-2 with impunity, with AMs out wide.

Very much looking forward to the match engine cracking down on this. Please let us know when the penalties are live.

Gold paying member....been playing for 6 years and this happens...makes me want to give up.

SM is trying too hard in the new interface..trying to become FIFA lookalike with the kiddies icons, etc.

I mean come on...this is a stragetic game...not RPG play..

Tactics button is blocked by annoying ads.

Can't save tactics...must make changes between cup and normal games.

Annoying new formation....how many good LM or RM can we find in the games??

NOt going to renew my account after it expires...unless that change back to old interface...

the new value/wages system destroys the competitiveness of the game. because now the lower teams can't buy good players. the previous system was good and the only improveness it wanted was the value to be stable when a team buys the player. and does not change when the manager sold some players. for example. i buy a player 5 m. and  in my team the value was 8m. for the same player. it should be stay 8 m. until i sell him. and not changing upwards if i sell some players or changing downwards if i buying some better players.

now the lower teams can't improve their finances to buy good players and if they have already good players cann' t financially support them and finally they will sell them.

so the competitiveness of the game won't exist any more.

it could be a limit in the players everybody can have. for examble 33 for first team (that means 3 elevens) and 99 for youth team under 21. or something else that avoid someone to have all the good players. but the new wages/value system destroys the lower teams and strengthens the better teams. and now all the players would be in fewer teams.

Good.

What's the meaning of a yellow position? A simple drop rating? Or a bad performance? Drop rating + bad performance?

Bale (94) play as winger in 352 >> He drops in game's match at 90 rating? On the Tupac example, Bale get 8.0 in 352 as winger. :confused:

And the meaning of the arrows?

If I put the offensive arrow on Bale, Gareth's rating in 352 module stay at 94 or drops to 90? :o

Thank you for give us the old interface option :rolleyes:

Annoying new formation....how many good LM or RM can we find in the games??

Why do you need RM/LM? You can just alter your formation to fit the players (and their positions) that you already have.

The dog (manager) is supposed to wag the tail (formation)...not the tail wag the dog.

...but this is really a discussion for: http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/152228-new-game-engine-player-positions/

Good.

What's the meaning of a yellow position? A simple drop rating? Or a bad performance? Drop rating + bad performance?

Bale (94) play as winger in 352 >> He drops in game's match at 90 rating? On the Tupac example, Bale get 8.0 in 352 as winger. :confused:

And the meaning of the arrows?

If I put the offensive arrow on Bale, Gareth's rating in 352 module stay at 94 or drops to 90? :o

Thank you for give us the old interface option :rolleyes:

I would like more clarity with this...but I am hoping, his overall rating will stay the same out of position, but his match rating will be capped at 3/4...he shouldn't be able to assist or score and the odds of the team losing should be dramatically increased.

In short...it should have the same effect as fielding a F(RCL) at DM.

The arrows shouldn't make any difference and should be treated almost like an additional 'attacking mentality' setting.

But maybe Steven could flesh it out a bit more at a later time.

Bale get 8.0 in 352 as winger. :confused:

...also, this is incorrect. What was said was that BALE got a 8.0 rating in a 3-5-2 as a LM.

There are no wing positions in a 3-5-2, only RM/LM.

BALE is a winger, not a RM/LM...so his 8.0 match rating is wrong.

Please go to http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/152228-new-game-engine-player-positions/to discuss this further.

Sorry, again on phone and can't find out how to quote!

Stephen...One of the issues that our community raised was "player hogging" and therefore we won't be relaxing the loan system because this would defeat the point of us trying to tackle this issue and implement the feedback we've had.

This makes no sence.... Sure a player can get a concern about being loaned out! If loans and concerns are inexplicabley linked then your doing something wrong. Again I go back to realism, there is no denying that big players moven on loan RL. For a club not to be able to loan out a young 85 when my average starting line up is 90 is just stupid. I have the cover in that position and I would like to loan the player out, I don't see why it's a chairman issue? Is he in charge of the squad or me?

Again, just to reiterate.... Players develop concerns ABOUT being loaned out so combating squad hogging it is NOT

...I have the cover in that position and I would like to loan the player out...

I guess the answer would be that if they are additional cover...you can afford to get rid of them. More so, to ensure that 'good' (including both highly rated and young developing) players are equally distributed among all managers...it is worth forcing teams to sell up when they have accumulated a disproportionate share of the 'good' players.

Why is it okay for them to loan in the said player...and not buy them?

I guess the answer would be that if they are additional cover...you can afford to get rid of them. More so, to ensure that 'good' (including both highly rated and young developing) players are equally distributed among all managers...it is worth forcing teams to sell up when they have accumulated a disproportionate share of the 'good' players.

Why is it okay for them to loan in the said player...and not buy them?

Loans have always been a vital part of game worlds, especially in forum run ones. The smaller clubs with a tighter budget would look to capitalize on mid to high 80 rated players from bigger clubs to help there club grow.

Being able to loan an 85 rated Zaha from Manchester United was a great help for my Stockport team on a limited budget when it's not always possible to just buy a player.

Loans have always been a vital part of game worlds, especially in forum run ones. The smaller clubs with a tighter budget would look to capitalize on mid to high 80 rated players from bigger clubs to help there club grow.

Being able to loan an 85 rated Zaha from Manchester United was a great help for my Stockport team on a limited budget when it's not always possible to just buy a player.

Well from what I can tell...there has been significant changes to the valuation of players. Take a look at your own gameworld...the maximum amount of money that you can offer for players has been vastly reduced and capped.

For a player like ZAHA...the absolute maximum that can be bid/accepted now is around 11/12 million. That is it. SM will not physically allow a bid/deal any greater that this. In the past, you could have demanded 20 million for such a player...and SM would have allowed it.

This considered, a 'smaller club' with a 'tighter budget' will find it a lot easier to buy players like ZAHA for reasonable amounts of cash...rather than having to settle for a loan.

Have a question about player's fitness condition:

Back with the old system I needed to have two players for every position : Team A for the division games, Team B for cup games.

With the new one, where I will need for more cash for wages, do you did anything about more realistic fitness condition? I mean in real football teams use around 16-17 players max(if not injured) during their season, and only use some young players in first round of cup games.

So to summarize : will I need again 21 players for my teams, or I can use around 15-16 and rotating them if I play in division, 2 cups and SMFA games.

Thank you!

I really need answer of that, so to know must I search for a new players or not! And considering I have 35 clubs I need this answer ASAP..