Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

Steven

Player wages are being drastically increased for better players, this should help stop player hogging and force people to sell top players they are not using.

Again...I am slightly confused about the implications of this.

If a manager has a good team, why would being negative for weeks have any impact?

I am quite often negative, but my players have never developed any concerns and my chairman has never demanded that I sell players to get in plus.

:wacko:

Surely said manager could just say "I am in negative...oh well, I will just stay in negative and keep my current players".

Well from what I can tell...there has been significant changes to the valuation of players. Take a look at your own gameworld...the maximum amount of money that you can offer for players has been vastly reduced and capped.

For a player like ZAHA...the absolute maximum that can be bid/accepted now is around 11/12 million. That is it. SM will not physically allow a bid/deal any greater that this. In the past, you could have demanded 20 million for such a player...and SM would have allowed it.

This considered, a 'smaller club' with a 'tighter budget' will find it a lot easier to buy players like ZAHA for reasonable amounts of cash...rather than having to settle for a loan.

Double what a player's value is has always been an average asking price from managers. It isn't a question of being able to afford a player. I don't know if you have ever been in a forum run game world or tried to build a small club but if you have then you should know how much of a god send it is being able to loan a player in like Zaha rather than buy.

With a smaller club you have to budget your funds for 23 players to build a squad that is capable of helping you grow, being able to loan in players allows you to purchase a few "star" players for your club to give you that edge. Being able to change a squad that is filled with players rated between 60 and 70 to one that is in the low to mid 80's is difficult without loans.

I use the example of forum run game worlds as it is most obvious how it isn't always possible to buy rather than loan, some of the concepts can pit small clubs like Stockport against bigger clubs such as Stoke, Sunderland and Swansea. Or AFC Wimbledon up against the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal.

It's been removed in the update.

You're currently unable to click players in club messages to look at their profile which is really annoying. You can however click on the club link that they're currently playing at for example.

has the page where you can view all the best managers in gold,standard and custom gameworlds been dropped too ?

Double what a player's value is has always been an average asking price from managers. It isn't a question of being able to afford a player. I don't know if you have ever been in a forum run game world or tried to build a small club but if you have then you should know how much of a god send it is being able to loan a player in like Zaha rather than buy.

With a smaller club you have to budget your funds for 23 players to build a squad that is capable of helping you grow, being able to loan in players allows you to purchase a few "star" players for your club to give you that edge. Being able to change a squad that is filled with players rated between 60 and 70 to one that is in the low to mid 80's is difficult without loans.

I use the example of forum run game worlds as it is most obvious how it isn't always possible to buy rather than loan, some of the concepts can pit small clubs like Stockport against bigger clubs such as Stoke, Sunderland and Swansea. Or AFC Wimbledon up against the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal.

Have you not looked at the new valuations and minimum/maximum amounts when bidding for a player?

I (and more importantly Soccermanager) doesn't care if 'double the player's value' was the old standard. The maximum amount that can be offered and accepted has been reduced and capped and in some cases, this is less than double. Even if you 'want' to sell ZAHA for at least double (or more)...it is now physically impossible for a manager to offer you that much money for him. You cant do it!

Young players with 85-87 ratings are now deemed to be as valuable (if not more) than 88-92 players that are older. There is less difference in their value with the new system.

Someone mentioned PIRLO...who, despite being 92, is now valued at 3 million because of his age.

Have you not looked at the new valuations and minimum/maximum amounts when bidding for a player?

I (and more importantly Soccermanager) doesn't care if 'double the players value' was the old standard. The maximum amount that can be offered and accepted has been reduced and capped and in some cases, this is less than double. Even if you 'want' to sell ZAHA for at least double (or more)...it is now physically impossible for a manager to offer you that much money for him. You cant do it!

Young players with 85-87 ratings are now deemed to be as valuable (if not more) than 88-92 players that are older. There is no difference in their value with the new system.

Someone mentioned PIRLO...who, despite being 92, is now valued at 3 million because of his age.

Why not get rid of the loan system altogether then?

If it is so easy to build a small team of 23 players though buying all these easy to afford mid rated players where is the challenge of bringing a small club towards the top?

I mentioned double as the average asking price due to you pointing out that the maximum amount you could ask for Zaha was 11/12 million, or double his value. That's an asking price not a price you would pay so the values do not have as big of an affect you are trying to portray.

That's an asking price not a price you would pay so the values do not have as big of an affect you are trying to portray.

...the effect is that you would be unable to sell ZAHA (worth 6 million) for anymore than the cap (around 11 million).

You could bargain with other managers until you are red in the face, say that you "want at least 15 million" and insist that this amount it offered...but every time that they go to table an offer, it will say "the maximum you can offer is 11 million". This is the same for all potential buyers...irregardless of their wealth, league position and squad strength.

The 'price you would pay' HAS therefore been capped and from what I can tell, it is a lot more conservative now.

...the effect is that you would be unable to sell ZAHA (worth 6 million) for anymore than the cap (around 11 million).

You could bargain with other managers until you are red in the face, say that you "want at least 15 million" and insist that this amount it offered...but every time that they go to table an offer, it will say "the maximum you can offer is 11 million". This is the same for all potential buyers...irregardless of their wealth, league position and squad strength.

The 'price you would pay' HAS therefore been capped and from what I can tell, it is a lot more conservative now.

Why not get rid of the loan system altogether then?

If it is so easy to build a small team of 23 players though buying all these easy to afford mid rated players where is the challenge of bringing a small club towards the top?

Had mentioned it before in a feedback post I had made but would it be possible to get a league table onto the homepage as I was a big fan of being able to see it on the last UI.

The current 'Manager List' is unnecessarily huge and would probably be more beneficial if it were cut to perhaps a 10 manager/club list but was scrollable so that you could still use it to see all the managers who had logged on and when in regards to tracking multiple accounts but of course also as a tool of contacting managers and such in game worlds.

With this 'Manager List' being made smaller and scrollable it would enable the ability for a 'League Table' to be placed below it and it would furthermore still likely be viewable on the 'Overview' / Homepage, at least it's title anyway without having to scroll which would remind people there was one there and also enable people to see it without spending time clicking away to get to the only current location.

If this 'League Table' on the homepage also had the drop down menu for selecting the different divisions in the game world that would also be brilliant. 

Scrolling on Apple systems isn't that bad due to the trackpad but I imagine that if I were using a Windows system the amount of scrolling would be unbearable. 

any update on being able to click things in the news feed?

If a player is highlighted as yellow on the tactics page it means they can potentially play there but they will be penalised for doing so. We are currently in the process of making this a lot harsher and personally I wouldn't put a player out of position now or going forward unless it was an emergency.

yeah I was gonna say my main title rival played his usual 3412 with Cristiano and Hazard in M(L) and M® and won 6-1. Hazard got a 9 and an assist, Cristiano got a goal AND assist and clocked up a 10!

I was like... "huh?"

"in the process" meaning... when will it be implemented?

I know I speak out in favour of reassigning certain players positions but that's always with a deep sense of realism in mind. seeing players like Cristiano, Hazard, Alexis and Messi play in M(RL) zones drives me mad because it's just not even close to be being realistic.

Had mentioned it before in a feedback post I had made but would it be possible to get a league table onto the homepage as I was a big fan of being able to see it on the last UI.

The current 'Manager List' is unnecessarily huge and would probably be more beneficial if it were cut to perhaps a 10 manager/club list but was scrollable so that you could still use it to see all the managers who had logged on and when in regards to tracking multiple accounts but of course also as a tool of contacting managers and such in game worlds.

With this 'Manager List' being made smaller and scrollable it would enable the ability for a 'League Table' to be placed below it and it would furthermore still likely be viewable on the 'Overview' / Homepage, at least it's title anyway without having to scroll which would remind people there was one there and also enable people to see it without spending time clicking away to get to the only current location.

If this 'League Table' on the homepage also had the drop down menu for selecting the different divisions in the game world that would also be brilliant. 

Scrolling on Apple systems isn't that bad due to the trackpad but I imagine that if I were using a Windows system the amount of scrolling would be unbearable. 

Doesn't even need to be placed below it. Brought the issue up yesterday which'd also bring the Inbox/Club Messages back to the homepage without taking up extra space:

I agree completely.

On the club home page on the old UI it has the following:

• League ID
  • Calendar
  • Club Messages (called Inbox on new UI)
  • News Feed
  • Club List (called Manager List on new UI)
  • League Table for your Division
  • Transfers

On the club home page on the new UI it has the following:

• League ID
  • Mini Calendar
  • News Feed
  • Manager List

I feel that the Club Messages and League Table can be brought into the club home page on the new UI with something like this (crudely done in photoshop):

uHsV4Ec.png

League Table could have a dropdown like the Managers one, which'd give that page an extra feature that the old UI didn't as on the old UI homepage you had to click on the Division name and it took you to a separate page with all of the league tables on. Little changes like that might help some transition to the new UI easier as the UI elements will be in similar places whereas now the Club Messages and League Table are on a different page entirely.

I understand that many of the team instruction where already being covered twice, for instance "playing behind ball" is the same as "playing defensive," and "pressing on own area." 

But how was "target man" and "play off side" being covered twice? If one would like to use a "target man", how could that be deployed now? Also, if one would like to have the defenders to be instructed to "play off side," how can that be done now? I don't think there are any possible way with these new options. Also I see no reason why they had to be removed.

Another question/comment:

On the tactic section in the old version, when clicking to see your opponent last fixture a window would open within the tactic section, displaying both your team information and your opponent information, which was very useful and easy to do your own tactics, while evaluation your opponent last match tactics and formation.

On the new version, when clicking to see your opponent last fixture the entire tactic section just became a whole new page, so users now have to keep going back and forth when doing tactics and evaluating their next opponent, when it was done quick and much easier in the old interface. So how exactly is this a new improvement? Can you guys please, at least, take this into consideration?

It would be great to display your opponent last fixture information, without having to leave the tactic section.

Apart from this, everything looks fantastic, and I am loving the new interface, and about every other feature. 

I believe he is talking about this:

http://imgur.com/UdgY0jh

And if you close the ad this happens:

http://imgur.com/FcB4MCd

thank you Futke,

i don't have a clue how to do this.

Steven, this is exactly the problem i was describing, it is on my laptop.

I also have another problem, i  no longer have the option to view the section that used to show gameworld history, player database etc.

Basically what you have done is that you've broken the 3-5-2 formation. I have many players who are with orange dots now. And this will reflect on their performance. And with the new prices... Oh my God why the hell you did this. Ok, now, please at least don't make the changes so drastic for now, make the transitions into phases. I mean, we need time to adapt and some of us have many teams, so please  at least don't give them worse performance for some time, but leave the orange marks so we can know what changes we need to do. I'm not trying to offend you, but this is a crazy. Do something. ;)

Player database. Today's new soccer players (259) - OLD VERSION

Player database. New players (22) - NEW VERSION

Where are the rest of new players in the new version of the game???

----------------

Transfer - loan lists only 50 players in 1 single page, when OLD version have 4 and 5 pages

---------------

Can't open pop-up player menu from club messages

Basically what you have done is that you've broken the 3-5-2 formation. I have many players who are with orange dots now

...that is because you have them in incorrect positions. Are they RM/LM/CB? If not, then they don't and never should have fitted the 3-5-2.

There was plenty of warning about these changes and why are you relying on one formation?

Separate discussion on this:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/152228-new-game-engine-player-positions/page-2#entry3144022

Basically what you have done is that you've broken the 3-5-2 formation. I have many players who are with orange dots now. And this will reflect on their performance. And with the new prices... Oh my God why the hell you did this. Ok, now, please at least don't make the changes so drastic for now, make the transitions into phases. I mean, we need time to adapt and some of us have many teams, so please  at least don't give them worse performance for some time, but leave the orange marks so we can know what changes we

need to do. I'm not trying to offend you, but this is a crazy. Do something. ;)

if you play your players in their respectively position, they will not have any orange dots. You can't honestly expect an AM (RL) to play as M (RL) without being penalized. Do you see any real life clubs using attacking wingers as wing back? I said kuddos for SM for these new changes, and amateur managers who don't understand formation and players position must be harshly penalized until they learn how formation and tactics work in the real world. 

There are many serious problems worth offering feed backs, and yet many of you amateurs keep whining about changes that were necessary, and deserved. 

P.s. I have no problems playing 3-5-2 with my team. See for yourself, not a single orange dots. 

Screen_Shot_2015_12_06_at_1_39_31_PM.png

Just clicked on Auto Pick. As always, it made some very strange decisions, like the one to put Messi left midfildier (huh?). Nevermind, i think that there is a bug. Why the dot for Messi is GREEN and there is a WARNING for his position at the same time?

hOpmzbg.png

Just clicked on Auto Pick. As always, it made some very strange decisions, like the one to put Messi left midfildier (huh?). Nevermind, i think that there is a bug. Why the dot for Messi is GREEN and there is a WARNING for his position at the same time?

hOpmzbg.png

this one is simply a bug, and a whole different story.

Play offside is covered by all over pressing and I don't think target man ever had an effect to be honest.

Let's wait at least a month or so before throwing the new engine in the toilet.

What kind of browser and OS are you using?

you can press all over, and not play off side. Dortmund under Klopp pressed all over, and the defenders never played pff side 

you can press all over, and not play off side. Dortmund under Klopp pressed all over, and the defenders never played pff side 

Well, since we don't have different types of pressing to choose from in this game I supposse the one we have implies the common high pressing where the entire team moves up the pitch.

I think you're giving the game-engine too much credit there mate.

don't feel bad I did too, then I saw a post explaining that things like "all over pressing" and "fast pace" just added points to an attack score and took away from a defence score. offside probably just added to your attack score and took away from your defence.