Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

Steven

Players value is so realistic now.That's a good thing,but god,don't tell me that the finances such as TV revenue or gate receipts gonna remain the same?I mean...as a Premier League Club,with some world class players such as my beloved 7046 Sunderland,I only earn 3.9 mils a season from TV revenue?What's that?A League two team earns more in real life than that.If you intend to make it realistic,make it.But just...just don't make it in pieces.

EDIT: This may be a glitch,but some players simply disappeared from my team in 7046.

I agree with the above.  Specifically.

Wages.  I spend years building teams then in one sweep of the brush wages are upped by 50% with no corresponding revisions to the income side of the equation.  As a result bankruptcy looms for even some of the biggest unmanaged clubs in the various divisions my teams play.

Player Values.  Are indeed more realistic but now Managers / Clubs simply don't have the cash available to (a) bridge the yawning gulf when they would like to upgrade a position; and (B) even unmanaged clubs can't buy back their own players when available for transfer.

Stadium Capacity.  Each of my teams has had its stadium capacity increased.  In each case the increase was of either no (a few hundred Sheff Wed) or little (1,200 Torquay) consequence irrespective of the good performance of each in Division 1 of its respective league.

When these three issues are added to difficulties folk now face navigating through the various screens to get the info they want and we have a game that is worse than its earlier version which takes some doing particularly when it was supposed to have been thoroughly tested. 

Sadly, like others posters on here before me, I do wonder whether it remains worth the effort.

When viewing a club in the game world a 'Club Information' page / section could be a good addition, nothing immediately required or overly important but I believe it would be good to have for more depth and will also be helpful in regards to assisting with detecting multiple accounts.

This section could contain the following information;

• Club Age (Founded 1901 - 114 Years Old)
  • Club Colours
  • Club Nickname
  • Stadium (How old the stadium is & also information regarding increases to the stadium)
  • Transfer by season? Just the biggest deal in & out the club each season.
  • Most Successful Manager (Trophies & Promotions, pretty much the information you can't find assigned to the managers in the 'History' section).
  • Current Manager Stats (W/D/L broken down to individual totals, transfers in & out totals, net income profit/loss, most frequently dealt with clubs & total, example; Transfers in; Arsenal - 7 (-£45.5m) Transfers Out - Arsenal - 3 (£80m). (Currently with the loss of information on transfers between clubs over a season, tracking deals over multiple seasons is hard information to provide in support of multiple account dealings).

Basically everything that equates to showing a clubs history & the managers that added to it and what specifically along the way.

how are you guys even seeing stadium capacities? I can't find something as simple as that anywhere in the new interface.

and speaking of interface woes: just want to make sure this issue doesn't get overlooked:

You can see them if you go to the League Table and then click on Attendances. It doesn't show you what they were beforehand (but I have that data for our Gameworld in a spreadsheet).

--------------------------------------------

Which brings me back to the Stadium Building... any news on whats going on with that? Is it being addressed or being ignored?

New Stadium Sizes (Division 1)

• Manchester United - 76212 (0)
  • Arsenal - 60432 (0)
  • Manchester City - 55097 (0)
  • Newcastle United - 52387 (0)
  • Sunderland - 49000 (0)
  • Aston Villa - 43945 (1157)
  • Chelsea - 43456 (1401)
  • Tottenham Hotspur - 43102 (6792)
  • Everton - 42384 (1815)
  • West Ham United - 41865 (6218)
  • Stoke City - 40233 (11849)
  • Bolton Wanderers - 39646 (10923) <- just been promoted to Division 1 this season
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers - 39286 (7586)
  • Norwich City - 39222 (11972) <- just been promoted to Division 1 this season
  • Blackburn Rovers - 38971 (7604)
  • Fulham - 38533 (11933)
  • Southampton - 38520 (5831)
  • Nottingham Forest - 37726 (6476) <- RedSky's club, he won 7 major honours including the Champions League - second most successful club in the league's 10 season history
  • Plymouth Argyle - 35079 (11285) <- just been promoted to Division 1 this season
  • Darlington 1883 - 31377 (5941)

There are major issues with the stadium increase algorithm if a club like RedSky's now has the third lowest stadium capacity, and this is an issue that has led to him resigning from his team. Please fix this as it is horrific to see.

Not exactly sure why the above post was deleted, thankfully someone quoted it so here it is again. This falls under the category of "constructive criticism" which is what Steven asked for so please don't delete it again.

You can see them if you go to the League Table and then click on Attendances. It doesn't show you what they were beforehand (but I have that data for our Gameworld in a spreadsheet).

--------------------------------------------

Which brings me back to the Stadium Building... any news on whats going on with that? Is it being addressed or being ignored?

Not exactly sure why the above post was deleted, thankfully someone quoted it so here it is again. This falls under the category of "constructive criticism" which is what Steven asked for so please don't delete it again.

thanks for the heads up.

also: what's going on with attendances?

I'm managing Barcelona, the defending league champs (6 times champs, most in the gameworld). first league game of the new season at home. and I only get 69k attendance in the Camp Nou? I understand if regular games get smaller attendance, but the FIRST home game of the season isn't a sellout? come on, man!

and I'm in the Camp Nou so even at 70% capacity I still get a huge gate. I bet you there are teams with much smaller stadia who get KILLED by this algorithm.

you gotta sort it out. especially now finances are so important with the increased wages.

thanks for the heads up.

also: what's going on with attendances?

I'm managing Barcelona, the defending league champs (6 times champs, most in the gameworld). first league game of the new season at home. and I only get 69k attendance in the Camp Nou? I understand if regular games get smaller attendance, but the FIRST home game of the season isn't a sellout? come on, man!

and I'm in the Camp Nou so even at 70% capacity I still get a huge gate. I bet you there are teams with much smaller stadia who get KILLED by this algorithm.

you gotta sort it out. especially now finances are so important with the increased wages.

I went into some substantial detail looking at attendances with the old engine and frankly it was a bit of a mess.

• Derby days = close to maximum attendance no matter your position (fair enough, sensible logic)
  • If you're 9th or below your attendance will gradually reduce depending on your club position. Lower the position = less attendance.

The above two points are great and fair enough. The problem however is that some clubs continually got screwed to put it into perspective let me list a few clubs, all of these clubs were 10th before their match was played and were played at least half way through the season:

• Wolves - 94.76% Attendance
  • Nottingham Forest - 92.38% Attendance
  • Nottingham Forest - 91.33% Attendance
  • Liverpool - 91.70% Attendance
  • Sunderland - 79.14% Attendance
  • Milton Keynes Dons - 68.73% Attendance

All were 10th and yet look at the huge differences in Attendances. I added Forest twice so you can see that the club tends to get similar Attendances.

------------------------------------

Below are Sundays Attendances. 

6th - Manchester United - 99.95%
2nd - Darlington 1883 - 99.87%
7th - Wolverhampton Wanderers - 91.99%
5th - Sunderland - 91.16%
11th - Aston Villa - 82.81%
12th - West Ham United - 74.00%
15th - Southampton - 66.26%
17th - Blackburn Rovers - 62.89%
20th - Newcastle United - 60.31%
18th - Bolton Wanderers - 56.32%

If we look at Bolton as an example. His current stadium size is 39,646, we're using Normal Economy.

At 56.3% capacity his total income (minus Ground Maintenance but not wages) is £1,905,907
At 99.9% capacity his total income (minus Ground Maintenance but not wages) is £2,510,917

That's a difference of £605,010 purely because he's in 18th position. That's a huge amount of money, even at 75% he'd still be losing £345,520. I think the minimum a stadium capacity should be is 75% otherwise it's a huge financial disadvantage being near the bottom of a league.

I went into some substantial detail looking at attendances with the old engine and frankly it was a bit of a mess.

• Derby days = close to maximum attendance no matter your position (fair enough, sensible logic)
  • If you're 9th or below your attendance will gradually reduce depending on your club position. Lower the position = less attendance.

The above two points are great and fair enough. The problem however is that some clubs continually got screwed to put it into perspective let me list a few clubs, all of these clubs were 10th before their match was played and were played at least half way through the season:

• Wolves - 94.76% Attendance
  • Nottingham Forest - 92.38% Attendance
  • Nottingham Forest - 91.33% Attendance
  • Liverpool - 91.70% Attendance
  • Sunderland - 79.14% Attendance
  • Milton Keynes Dons - 68.73% Attendance

All were 10th and yet look at the huge differences in Attendances. I added Forest twice so you can see that the club tends to get similar Attendances.

Below are Sundays Attendances. 

6th - Manchester United - 99.95%
2nd - Darlington 1883 - 99.87%
7th - Wolverhampton Wanderers - 91.99%
5th - Sunderland - 91.16%
11th - Aston Villa - 82.81%
12th - West Ham United - 74.00%
15th - Southampton - 66.26%
17th - Blackburn Rovers - 62.89%
20th - Newcastle United - 60.31%
18th - Bolton Wanderers - 56.32%

If we look at Bolton as an example. His current stadium size is 39,646, we're using Normal Economy.

At 56.3% capacity his total income (minus Ground Maintenance but not wages) is £1,905,907
At 99.9% capacity his total income (minus Ground Maintenance but not wages) is £2,510,917

That's a difference of £605,010 purely because he's in 18th position. That's a huge amount of money, even at 75% he'd still be losing £345,520. I think the minimum a stadium capacity should be is 75% otherwise it's a huge financial disadvantage being near the bottom of a league.

agreed. they really need to sort the algorithm out because smaller stadia teams get absolutely rinsed with their attendance % dropping. it should be calculated with the overall attendance in mind IMO.

also just checked my main rival, managing United. ok so opening day of the season. I'm defending champs and have just won the charity shield.

of my 99k capacity I get 69k attendance.

of his 77k capacity he gets 75k attendance.

I know I'm at the top end of the spectrum here but lemme complain a bit too. that's ridiculous! how have I got less % of fans attending and less overall fans attending? I'm the Champion! I just won a Trophy!

I mean, that's ridiculous right?

also re: UI bugs.

-the news feed doesn't automatically update when you respond to a transfer bid or something. it just scrolls you back to the top of the page. you have to refresh to see new news. this is just terrible.

-there's still no difference between read and unread inbox and news entries

-you still can't click on players and clubs from inbox entries.

-certain formations are still presenting asymmetrically from save in a clear bug.

r6f13hc.png

this is purely cosmetic because you can just reassign the formation and it lines them up correctly again. but it's FRUSTRATING.

can we get some update on this, please?

The new UI is getting better. The boxes are still too big IMO, but it is all much better than release day.

My big issue remains that on my Iphone I am forced into using the mobile version of the game (or use the app). I'm sure the developers are very proud of what they have done, but PLEASE give me the choice and let me use the desktop version if I want.

The only reason I can think is that it is costly to do. If this is the case let me know how much it will cost and I'll tell Santa to pop by.

Always found that the beauty of this game was it's simplicity.

As managment games got more and more detailed over the years I found myself longing for something that was simple, quick and fun.

In SM I found it.

As a long standing player of 7 years standing I have to ask. Is there no way I can opt out of the new interface and keep the old one?

Another one for the Devs:

Both screen shots are from the same league, in the old layout you can see when Stones transfer ban ends, but under the new layout you can't see this. Is it intentional? If so why? If it's not intentional can it be added to the To Do list?

JS%20old%20layout_zpsf6yfzlve.jpg

JS%20new%20layout_zpstydgumbh.jpg

Plus there's the previously flagged up issue of not seeing the club info in the new layout underneath the players photo. 

Good.

What's the meaning of a yellow position? A simple drop rating? Or a bad performance? Drop rating + bad performance?

Bale (94) play as winger in 352 >> He drops in game's match at 90 rating? On the Tupac example, Bale get 8.0 in 352 as winger. :confused:

And the meaning of the arrows?

If I put the offensive arrow on Bale, Gareth's rating in 352 module stay at 94 or drops to 90? :o

Thank you for give us the old interface option :rolleyes:

I would like more clarity with this...but I am hoping, his overall rating will stay the same out of position, but his match rating will be capped at 3/4...he shouldn't be able to assist or score and the odds of the team losing should be dramatically increased.

In short...it should have the same effect as fielding a F(RCL) at DM.

The arrows shouldn't make any difference and should be treated almost like an additional 'attacking mentality' setting.

But maybe Steven could flesh it out a bit more at a later time.

A player's performance will be effected and they will also see a reduction in their rating - so a double whammy if they are played out of position and this will be made harsher going forward. 

This makes no sence.... Sure a player can get a concern about being loaned out! If loans and concerns are inexplicabley linked then your doing something wrong. Again I go back to realism, there is no denying that big players moven on loan RL. For a club not to be able to loan out a young 85 when my average starting line up is 90 is just stupid. I have the cover in that position and I would like to loan the player out, I don't see why it's a chairman issue? Is he in charge of the squad or me?

Again, just to reiterate.... Players develop concerns ABOUT being loaned out so combating squad hogging it is NOT

I guess the answer would be that if they are additional cover...you can afford to get rid of them. More so, to ensure that 'good' (including both highly rated and young developing) players are equally distributed among all managers...it is worth forcing teams to sell up when they have accumulated a disproportionate share of the 'good' players.

Why is it okay for them to loan in the said player...and not buy them?

BrutBrutBrut has more or less said what I would've replied because if you don't need them and your Chairman won't let you loan them out, then you need to asses your squad and either sell them or play them.

Hi Steven/Kev, any update on the stadium capacity issue?

What issue is that?

Had mentioned it before in a feedback post I had made but would it be possible to get a league table onto the homepage as I was a big fan of being able to see it on the last UI.

The current 'Manager List' is unnecessarily huge and would probably be more beneficial if it were cut to perhaps a 10 manager/club list but was scrollable so that you could still use it to see all the managers who had logged on and when in regards to tracking multiple accounts but of course also as a tool of contacting managers and such in game worlds.

With this 'Manager List' being made smaller and scrollable it would enable the ability for a 'League Table' to be placed below it and it would furthermore still likely be viewable on the 'Overview' / Homepage, at least it's title anyway without having to scroll which would remind people there was one there and also enable people to see it without spending time clicking away to get to the only current location.

If this 'League Table' on the homepage also had the drop down menu for selecting the different divisions in the game world that would also be brilliant. 

Scrolling on Apple systems isn't that bad due to the trackpad but I imagine that if I were using a Windows system the amount of scrolling would be unbearable. 

I'll pass your suggestions on to the development team and we'll be sitting down later in the week to go over things like this to see whether we should implement them and if so how and where.

any update on being able to click things in the news feed?

This has been logged in our bug system and a fix will be applied shortly because like you i'm finding it very annoying!

On the tactic section in the old version, when clicking to see your opponent last fixture a window would open within the tactic section, displaying both your team information and your opponent information, which was very useful and easy to do your own tactics, while evaluation your opponent last match tactics and formation.

On the new version, when clicking to see your opponent last fixture the entire tactic section just became a whole new page, so users now have to keep going back and forth when doing tactics and evaluating their next opponent, when it was done quick and much easier in the old interface. So how exactly is this a new improvement? Can you guys please, at least, take this into consideration?

It would be great to display your opponent last fixture information, without having to leave the tactic section.

Apart from this, everything looks fantastic, and I am loving the new interface, and about every other feature. 

I'll pass on this suggestion because anything in the new UI that takes longer or is annoying needs to be addressed in the coming weeks.

I also have another problem, i  no longer have the option to view the section that used to show gameworld history, player database etc.

This will be added in the coming weeks.

Currently, in all my games that have yet to complete their first season, the new UI is showing in Manager -> History -> Trophies; that all my clubs have accumulated many, many trophies/honours already!

Just thought I'd post this here. Some kind of bug?

We're already aware of this and it's been logged.

it is SUPER annoying, so I'm glad it'll be fixed.

any news on the other issues I flagged a couple hours ago? or you not gotten to them yet?

A player's performance will be effected and they will also see a reduction in their rating - so a double whammy if they are played out of position and this will be made harsher going forward.

is there a time-frame on "going forward" or is it more of a "it'll happen when it happens" type of deal?

What issue is that?

It appears one of the admins has deleted my post despite it being on topic and an important issue.

When you rolled out the stadium capacity increases, this is what happened in my game world in Division 1 (number in brackets is the number the capacity has increased by)

1. Manchester United - 76212 (0)
  2. Arsenal - 60432 (0)
  3. Manchester City - 55097 (0)
  4. Newcastle United - 52387 (0)
  5. Sunderland - 49000 (0)
  6. Aston Villa - 43945 (1157)
  7. Chelsea - 43456 (1401)
  8. Tottenham Hotspur - 43102 (6792)
  9. Everton - 42384 (1815)
  10. West Ham United - 41865 (6218)
  11. Stoke City - 40233 (11849)
  12. Bolton Wanderers - 39646 (10923) <--- newly promoted club
  13. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 39286 (7586)
  14. Norwich City - 39222 (11972) <--- newly promoted club
  15. Blackburn Rovers - 38971 (7604)
  16. Fulham - 38533 (11933)
  17. Southampton - 38520 (5831)
  18. Nottingham Forest - 37726 (6476) <--- second most successful club in game world with 7 major honours including 1 Champions Cup, 2 Division 1 titles and 1 SMFA Shield
  19. Plymouth Argyle - 35079 (11285) <--- newly promoted club
  20. Darlington 1883 - 31377 (5941) <--- has five trophies including a Cup and Shield

That Forest and Darlington are now in the bottom three in terms of stadium capacity despite being two very successful clubs - Forest has been in Division 1 for a number of seasons now and so has Darlington (Darlington started in Division 5!) is ridiculous. Other managers have said they experienced similar issues with despite being very successful teams being on the lower end of the stadium capacities.

Kev said he'd be bringing it up and it led to the Forest manager resigning for a while.

Another one for the Devs:

Both screen shots are from the same league, in the old layout you can see when Stones transfer ban ends, but under the new layout you can't see this. Is it intentional? If so why? If it's not intentional can it be added to the To Do list?

JS%20new%20layout_zpstydgumbh.jpg

Plus there's the previously flagged up issue of not seeing the club info in the new layout underneath the players photo. 

If you click on 'Transfers' on this screen, the Transfer Ban date can be found there on the new UI.

Are players now just in specific price levels? & Is there a list of these level requirements anywhere?

I have seen one player today change from 24m to 32m & another the opposite. Both without an increase in rating or age.

From what I can make out a talented young player is now 16m but after that seems a little confusing.  

Fantastic stuff Steven. Thank you for getting back to us.

I am sure that you appreciate our frustration. You can tell us that penalties are being introduced and not to play people out of position in future unless absolutely necessary (and we may follow your advice)...but through a lack of knowledge or willful ignorance...there are still many managers consistently deploying players in incorrect positions with success.

My initial 'gripe' with the whole situation was due to the fact that the Soccerwiki data said one thing with regards to positional attributes...but the game engine permitted something completely different. This has created a sizable group of managers who possess an unfair advantage through their knowledge of the game engine's 'loop holes' and flaws.

Whilst SM can advise these people to field players 'correctly'...they will only truly start to get the message when their players begin dropping in form and they start losing games.

I am glad that progress is being made with it's implementation. Please hurry :)  

When viewing a club in the game world a 'Club Information' page / section could be a good addition, nothing immediately required or overly important but I believe it would be good to have for more depth and will also be helpful in regards to assisting with detecting multiple accounts.

This section could contain the following information;

• Club Age (Founded 1901 - 114 Years Old)
  • Club Colours
  • Club Nickname
  • Stadium (How old the stadium is & also information regarding increases to the stadium)
  • Transfer by season? Just the biggest deal in & out the club each season.
  • Most Successful Manager (Trophies & Promotions, pretty much the information you can't find assigned to the managers in the 'History' section).
  • Current Manager Stats (W/D/L broken down to individual totals, transfers in & out totals, net income profit/loss, most frequently dealt with clubs & total, example; Transfers in; Arsenal - 7 (-£45.5m) Transfers Out - Arsenal - 3 (£80m). (Currently with the loss of information on transfers between clubs over a season, tracking deals over multiple seasons is hard information to provide in support of multiple account dealings).

Basically everything that equates to showing a clubs history & the managers that added to it and what specifically along the way.

Good suggestion and i'll get it passed on as it'd be very useful.

also re: UI bugs.

-the news feed doesn't automatically update when you respond to a transfer bid or something. it just scrolls you back to the top of the page. you have to refresh to see new news. this is just terrible.

-there's still no difference between read and unread inbox and news entries

-you still can't click on players and clubs from inbox entries.

-certain formations are still presenting asymmetrically from save in a clear bug.

r6f13hc.png

this is purely cosmetic because you can just reassign the formation and it lines them up correctly again. but it's FRUSTRATING.

can we get some update on this, please?

The issue re the players display on the tactics page has now been fixed. The other bugs we're aware of and currently working on fixes.

Always found that the beauty of this game was it's simplicity.

As managment games got more and more detailed over the years I found myself longing for something that was simple, quick and fun.

In SM I found it.

As a long standing player of 7 years standing I have to ask. Is there no way I can opt out of the new interface and keep the old one?

What are you finding harder about the new interface?

it is SUPER annoying, so I'm glad it'll be fixed.

any news on the other issues I flagged a couple hours ago? or you not gotten to them yet?

is there a time-frame on "going forward" or is it more of a "it'll happen when it happens" type of deal?

I've found out that there is a limit to how many people you can mulit-quote! So i'm now getting round to answering the others. Re "going forward" it means that it'll be getting worked on in the coming days so that you are even more heavily penalised.

If you click on 'Transfers' on this screen, the Transfer Ban date can be found there on the new UI.

True but i'd rather click on the Player Profile and see it displayed in front of me without having to perform another click. I've flagged this up and hopefully the devs will take that feedback on board and make the change.

Just a question regarding the offering of clubs on the new interface. Is this not yet possible ? will it be possible ? or has this been disabled for good for some reason ? everytime I click on 'offer club' I just get a pop up stating the game world id number.

I believe it's on the list to be added, hopefully anyway along with the ability to see unmanaged clubs in the 'Manager List' / 'Clubs List' as it's hard to currently see how many & also which clubs are unmanaged.