Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

Steven

Back with the old system I needed to have two players for every position : Team A for the division games, Team B for cup games.

With the new one, where I will need for more cash for wages, do you did anything about more realistic fitness condition? I mean in real football teams use around 16-17 players max(if not injured) during their season, and only use some young players in first round of cup games.

So to summarize : will I need again 21 players for my teams, or I can use around 15-16 and rotating them if I play in division, 2 cups and SMFA games.

Steven will you answer the question I already asked 3 times?  Thanks!

I've managed years with a very small squad of around 15 high rated players and the other 7 being mid range ones. Just rotate wisely and i'm not afraid to throw in a few low rated youth players if my schedule gets busy or injuries / suspensions hit. Everyone is different though and i'm sure if you posted in the Help section you'll get lots of good advice on your squad.

Just a question regarding the offering of clubs on the new interface. Is this not yet possible ? will it be possible ? or has this been disabled for good for some reason ? everytime I click on 'offer club' I just get a pop up stating the game world id number.

It's been changed so that you are presented with a Game World ID to give to your friends. I understand the rationale behind it as a lot of people were complaining that it was misused. If I could find the thread re that I would do but i'm sure Omre(?) might be able to dig it up. 

It appears one of the admins has deleted my post despite it being on topic and an important issue.

When you rolled out the stadium capacity increases, this is what happened in my game world in Division 1 (number in brackets is the number the capacity has increased by)

1. Manchester United - 76212 (0)
  2. Arsenal - 60432 (0)
  3. Manchester City - 55097 (0)
  4. Newcastle United - 52387 (0)
  5. Sunderland - 49000 (0)
  6. Aston Villa - 43945 (1157)
  7. Chelsea - 43456 (1401)
  8. Tottenham Hotspur - 43102 (6792)
  9. Everton - 42384 (1815)
  10. West Ham United - 41865 (6218)
  11. Stoke City - 40233 (11849)
  12. Bolton Wanderers - 39646 (10923) <--- newly promoted club
  13. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 39286 (7586)
  14. Norwich City - 39222 (11972) <--- newly promoted club
  15. Blackburn Rovers - 38971 (7604)
  16. Fulham - 38533 (11933)
  17. Southampton - 38520 (5831)
  18. Nottingham Forest - 37726 (6476) <--- second most successful club in game world with 7 major honours including 1 Champions Cup, 2 Division 1 titles and 1 SMFA Shield
  19. Plymouth Argyle - 35079 (11285) <--- newly promoted club
  20. Darlington 1883 - 31377 (5941) <--- has five trophies including a Cup and Shield

That Forest and Darlington are now in the bottom three in terms of stadium capacity despite being two very successful clubs - Forest has been in Division 1 for a number of seasons now and so has Darlington (Darlington started in Division 5!) is ridiculous. Other managers have said they experienced similar issues with despite being very successful teams being on the lower end of the stadium capacities.

Kev said he'd be bringing it up and it led to the Forest manager resigning for a while.

If you continue with your success then your stadium will continue to be expanded at the start of each season as per the info in this blog article. However, i'll write a separate article with info on how stadium building works and publish it in the coming days.

Hello, I apologise if I've said something which was mentioned before but I would like to personally make a few points...

• I really like the old layout (what we had before the new interface) and I'm glad we're able to choose which one we use , but it's all jumbled up. I'm unable to see player ratings, search for players, etc.
  • I've noticed some of my players which could play in certain positions can hardly play in them anymore. (E.g. Azpilicueta from chelsea can't play RB in a 3-5-2 formation anymore)
  • I know money is supposed to be harder, but with us still losing more in away games than home games, is it possible to increase how much we earn slightly more? For me gaining 800k for a home game with these new prices are hard xD (Maybe increase to 1.5m?)
  • What's happening with the new match engine we saw in preview? Will they be implemented at some point, and will we be able to choose which one we view.

I would also like to report a glitch - 

As soon as the new interface was implemented, suddenly the gameworld I'm on recruited 3 new managers at once. However all 3 managers last logged in over 20 days ago suddenly yet they were able to hog all the best players despite them being managed and inactive on the game world??? Was wondering about that.

I think the new layout and effort which has been done is really good , but I must admit I prefer the interface we had before slightly more, the money increase in players is good too, even though I made a bid for someone which was accepted but then the update suddenly came and it was rejected xD (took me 2 months to earn the money lol)

I will probably take a break for a few weeks until it all fixes up a bit, I need to re-invest in my team as well lol.

Would appreciate support, thanks.

Still, keep up the good work Admins! B)

If you continue with your success then your stadium will continue to be expanded at the start of each season as per the info in this blog article. However, i'll write a separate article with info on how stadium building works and publish it in the coming days.

Looking forward to that new article on how the stadium building and new allocation works as the current one does not explain the numbers Damien1990 mentioned. I don't understand how successful clubs(Darlington and Forest) with good recent achievements have less capacity than newly promoted teams.

Again sorry about the inability to quote..... On mobile....

Stephen..."BrutBrutBrut has more or less said what I would've replied because if you don't need them and your Chairman won't let you loan them out, then you need to asses your squad and either sell them or play them."

please tell me your kidding.... Your not honestly suggesting have 11 players and sell the rest? 

In the example I layed out I have 4 players for 2 postions 

Matic

Periera

Saul 

Oliveira

Not exactly an abundance of talent there or player hogging... I tend to go for smaller squads anyway, but my main point is this

Surely trying to cut to 3 players from 4 (I.e. an 85 being the weakest) is hogging and I see no justifyable reason whatsoever (and no valid reason has been presented back to me) why an 85 cannont be loaned in this scenario. 

Again, I say...  I'd be happy if Olivieira  went out on loan and developed a concern about it... At least THAT would be realistic 

It isn't even about me. It's about two other manager in the league who have done very well only to find themselves usurped in capacity by newly promoted clubs which seemingly has absolutely no reasoning/logic behind it. We're on the verge of losing two managers who have been with the league since it started in 2012 and have already lost two long serving managers this week

I've managed years with a very small squad of around 15 high rated players and the other 7 being mid range ones. Just rotate wisely and i'm not afraid to throw in a few low rated youth players if my schedule gets busy or injuries / suspensions hit. Everyone is different though and i'm sure if you posted in the Help section you'll get lots of good advice on your squad.

It's been changed so that you are presented with a Game World ID to give to your friends. I understand the rationale behind it as a lot of people were complaining that it was misused. If I could find the thread re that I would do but i'm sure Omre(?) might be able to dig it up. 

I'm curious and would love to read SM's justification for allowing newly promoted clubs to be given such huge stadium boosts in comparison to clubs that have been in Division 1 for a substantial amount of time. I'm also curious to know how clubs finishing in the bottom 5 positions can get bigger stadium increases than a club (who's got a smaller stadium) and finishes above them.

I'm trying to piece together the logic used by the Devs into constructing this feature and i'm struggling. An explanation into how it works would be appreciated to fully understand what the developers consider "success". I'll open the floor up to Kevin who did say a few days ago he was looking into the issue. Or perhaps the issue in fact a random feature? Or is it a bug? Looking forward to the explanation. Thanks.

Oh and also I don't think the attendance bug has been fixed (look at my large post for details).

@Steven and other SM people. We were promised that the new economy would be optional for custom gameworlds so not to destroy them. Why was it forced upon everyone? We have had people who've managed close to 500 games leave because of this.

Also the new engine which is supposed to be better is no different. Team with 80 rated average 11 with half fitness (having played Tuesday) destroys 89 rated team with full fitness on Thursday.

Don't get me started on stadium increases. Promoted team 11k previous winners of Div 1, SMFA Cup Shield and other trophies 4k...

thank you Futke,

i don't have a clue how to do this.

Steven, this is exactly the problem i was describing, it is on my laptop.

I also have another problem, i  no longer have the option to view the section that used to show gameworld history, player database etc.

The ad banner covering option tabs has now gone, thanks SM.

Now that i can use the old interface, i hope we have a choice of using it after 1th Jan. far quicker for me and will mean i won't have to cut down on clubs.

Still find it a contradiction that you need a bigger squad to cope with players now not being able to play in so many positions but wages so high that you can't afford to do so and you can't rely on soccerwiki for risers to make money on.

Also,in one set up , i have just made a p/e offer, i'm trying to swap Coman for Lahm, Coman is worth 200k more and doesn't seem at all realistic, i'm sure a bit of tinkering can sort out both problems.

@SM Devs

How do you suppose smaller clubs are going to make money when they can't make profit from buying older higher rateds and selling them on for a substantial profit?

Making money from risers is almost impossible now. The increase in value from different ratings is minimal. It will take forever to make profit from risers now. In the meantime the higher wages will swallow a clubs finances, forcing us to sell great players to avoid bankruptcy. The best clubs will soon be AI managed ones, lel.

With increased wages and minimally increased revenue incomes; how are we supposed to make money? This will be an issue for all clubs. Profit from risers is the only way for bigger clubs to make money other than prize money etc.

Currently if someone should quit / leave a club that club is not being offered out to people and is available right away and has lead to a lot of managers whom are well known cheats and users of multiple accounts, dropping clubs and then taking them back on 'clean' new accounts that are not suspected and such. 

Please at least bring back the 5 days in which clubs are offered out and also the ability to offer clubs to people when available once more. I know the offering clubs to friends has been mentioned but in general this whole area needs fixing.

English Championship 2 having managed to eradicate a cheats, I believe 7 or so multiple accounts, has been plagued with well known cheats of late and some of which have been able to account hop teams to try and remain undetected.

I'm in 5 game worlds and the only one without cheats is the custom one run to make sure we don't allow them in. What I'd give for SM to finally ban these people for good.

URGENT ERROR

My game world failed to process my cup game Monday night (World Championship 5741). On my schedule and my tactics screen it is still showing YESTERDAY'S date for my next match. Monday 7th, but today is Tuesday 8th. Will the cup game be played before my Wednesday league game?

I have to say, the new update has been an utter disaster from what I can see. No-one prefers the new layout, and there are now bugs appearing in both....... what was the benefit? It just seems overall a complete nightmare.

I know we were given a warning, but did we really need the shake up of player values and positions? It means every member has now got to re-evaluate their squads, and in most cases replace players that no longer fit in certain formations. For example, I now need SIX CENTRE BACKS if I want to play 3-5-2 formation two games in a row. I can no longer use full backs, ridiculous.

I must be missing something, because I am yet to find any redeeming features at all since the update. 

How do you suppose smaller clubs are going to make money when they can't make profit from buying older higher rateds and selling them on for a substantial profit?

Theres a really good opportunity now buying young players before the huge bump to 16m or 24m... Just look how much the likes of Martial, Coman, Ali ect were worth 6 months ago.

I mainly manage small clubs so used the old chairman value tactic but it was kind of odd & unrealistic as a players worth is not determined in that way. 

Got to love how "counter-attack" and other tatics have been removed....how the fudge are we supposed to win away now.

Makes you wonder what kind of impact they had before if now left out. Would be nice to have a few more options if they have a genuine impact on matches. 

My fear now is that the likes of Messi, who has a 90K value and ridiculous wages to go with it, will now be totally out of reach to any manager that takes on an average side in an attempt to challenge the top sides.

In short, it looks like the challenge and joy of taking a much lesser side to the very top is now not possible, which makes the game quite pointless, well, to me anyway.

Just been looking at my teams for the first time properly since the update (thank god the old interface is back) and I have some concerns about the new finances. It seems that all my established clubs are now losing money with the possible exception of Marseille. This I believe has something to do with stadium capacity

Here are some of my teams there stadium capacity and a few other statistics that people may find informative.

*Total squad wage is taken from the squad screen and includes reserves and loan players (loan players wage 50% has been taken into account)

*Weekly wage is taken from the finance screen week ending 2/12

GC 155 S10 Stockport County. Cap 30.381 Total Squad Wage 1.0m Weekly wage 1.8m Players 56

GC  98 S14 AS Nancy                      25.279                                1.8m                       3.0m              53

GC 163 S09 Benevento                    25.000                                1.3m                       2.4m              56

GC 239 S08 Marseille                       67.000                                2.65m                     1.4m?            59     wage on finance screen week ending 25/11 was 2.8m

All these sides are established top division sides with around 50-60 players with around half being loaned out. For example my Stockport side has 28 players loaned out with a total average rating of 76.

It is not unusual for top division sides to have squads in excess of 50 players, I recently took charge of Athletic Club in GC 468. Now Athletic are not what I would call a massive club although they do have a large stadium capacity (53.332). Their squad size at the beginning of the game was 55. . As it stands the club seems to be in profit although the first team only has a total average rating of 84 and like I said earlier they have a very large stadium.

Now take a team like Juventus, at the start of a new Game World they have a total squad of around 70 players with a lot of top players on very high wages. There Stadium capacity is over 10.000 less than Athletic Club. Juventus Stadium, capacity 41.588, its actually only the 6th biggest stadium in Italy, now with these new changes to finances does it mean that clubs like Juve and Chelsea (another club with high wages big squad and not the biggest stadium) will be losing money from the very start of the game.

If I'm going to have to sell half my squad to cover costs, squads I've spent years putting together not to mention the many hours spent researching young players,Mauro Icardi signed years ago for under 500k is just one of many examples then the games done for me. That and if SM insist on forcing us to use the terrible new interface. Got around 20 days of gold left, will use my existing credits to top up for another month and see what happens.

If anyone reading could shed some light on this, maybe provide me with some more information and examples please post below

youri Tielemans age 18 rating 87 value 24m

Divock Origi       age 20 rating 87 value  8m

How can just a 2 year difference in age have such an affect on transfer value Tielemans value is 3 times that of a player with the same rating, seems excessive in this instance.

It's because SM have changed how valuations work. They've added a Tier system. They then decide (which I think is flawed but w/e) who the best talents are and then assign them the Tier.

The problem with this system is that it's always the same players that get hyped up thanks to FIFA etc. The same players that Soccerwiki constantly increase their ratings even if it's not warranted. Although I don't mind the valuations that much, the problem is that they're reliant on Soccerwiki and we all know how awful Soccerwiki are. In some ways SM have shot themselves in their own foot by adding so many leagues that it becomes a real headache to incorporate new fairer systems. So I can understand their dilemma and I do think this is probably the better way of dealing with fairer valuations.

All of the below are 87 rated. 

Tier 1: £24.0 
TIELEMANS, Youri
COMAN, Kingsley
MARTIAL, Anthony

Tier 2: £12.0m
JANUZAJ, Adnan
RABIOT, Adrien
ROMAGNOLI, Alessio
CHAMBERS, Calum
DEULOFEU, Gerard
SAÚL, Ñíguez

Tier 3: £8.0m
Too many to list, but there aren't any aged 24 or above.

Tier 4: £6.0m
23 years old to 27 years old

Tier 5: £3.9m
27 years old+
The value declines after each birthday by the looks of it.

Hope someone can respond to this. 

I won the race for a new player on the database, I bid 82k(Maximum). Another manager made the same bid after me. 

Normally this player would have joined my team as I had bid first, but this time he joined the other team.

I'm wondering if this is a new change (if so how does it work), or a bug, I feel like I kind of lost out here