Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

Steven

It's because SM have changed how valuations work. They've added a Tier system. They then decide (which I think is flawed but w/e) who the best talents are and then assign them the Tier.

The problem with this system is that it's always the same players that get hyped up thanks to FIFA etc. The same players that Soccerwiki constantly increase their ratings even if it's not warranted. Although I don't mind the valuations that much, the problem is that they're reliant on Soccerwiki and we all know how awful Soccerwiki are.

All of the below are 87 rated. 

Tier 1: £24.0 
TIELEMANS, Youri
COMAN, Kingsley
MARTIAL, Anthony

Tier 2: £12.0m
JANUZAJ, Adnan
RABIOT, Adrien
ROMAGNOLI, Alessio
CHAMBERS, Calum
DEULOFEU, Gerard
SAÚL, Ñíguez

Tier 3: £8.0m
Too many to list, but there aren't any aged 24 or above.

Tier 4: £6.0m
23 years old to 27 years old

Tier 5: £3.9m
27 years old+
The value declines after each birthday by the looks of it.

Is there somewhere I can view how this tier system works in more detail

Is there somewhere I can view how this tier system works in more detail

Nope, someone from my Gameworld asked the same question so I did some investigating and came up with the above.

But players aged 22 or below are given Tier 1 / 2 or 3. Once the player gets to 23 they then switch to Tier 4. Once the player reaches 27 they then switch to Tier 5.

Hello, I apologise if I've said something which was mentioned before but I would like to personally make a few points...

• I really like the old layout (what we had before the new interface) and I'm glad we're able to choose which one we use , but it's all jumbled up. I'm unable to see player ratings, search for players, etc.
  • I've noticed some of my players which could play in certain positions can hardly play in them anymore. (E.g. Azpilicueta from chelsea can't play RB in a 3-5-2 formation anymore)
  • I know money is supposed to be harder, but with us still losing more in away games than home games, is it possible to increase how much we earn slightly more? For me gaining 800k for a home game with these new prices are hard xD (Maybe increase to 1.5m?)
  • What's happening with the new match engine we saw in preview? Will they be implemented at some point, and will we be able to choose which one we view.

I would also like to report a glitch - 

As soon as the new interface was implemented, suddenly the gameworld I'm on recruited 3 new managers at once. However all 3 managers last logged in over 20 days ago suddenly yet they were able to hog all the best players despite them being managed and inactive on the game world??? Was wondering about that.

I think the new layout and effort which has been done is really good , but I must admit I prefer the interface we had before slightly more, the money increase in players is good too, even though I made a bid for someone which was accepted but then the update suddenly came and it was rejected xD (took me 2 months to earn the money lol)

I will probably take a break for a few weeks until it all fixes up a bit, I need to re-invest in my team as well lol.

Would appreciate support, thanks.

Still, keep up the good work Admins! B)

Which interface is "jumbled up"? The old or the new one and any pages or areas in specific? 

Regarding player positions and changes to formations you can discuss them in this thread.

The new match engine has been implemented and we're carrying on working on it and a 2D pitch has been put into an early test cycle but this would only be available in the new interface.

The glitch you have mentioned is a display issue and will be fixed shortly.

I noticed 2 of my game world will be permanently closed even though we have 2 managers

is this some kind of bug or this is a new feature?

A Game World will only close IF it has one or less managers and it is administered by the SMFA. I'd hazard a guess that you were the only one in your Game World and a new manager has recently joined?

@Steven and other SM people. We were promised that the new economy would be optional for custom gameworlds so not to destroy them. Why was it forced upon everyone? We have had people who've managed close to 500 games leave because of this.

Also the new engine which is supposed to be better is no different. Team with 80 rated average 11 with half fitness (having played Tuesday) destroys 89 rated team with full fitness on Thursday.

That was the plan but when we looked into it in more detail we found out that it wasn't technically possible and would cause all sorts of problems going forward. With regard to the example you have given I can't comment on that as numerous factors are taken into consideration as it's not just a case of the highest team rating will win all the time as managers would soon get bored and leave.

In new UI at the "PLAYER DATABASE - NEW PLAYERS" i have only 20 players

In old UI are 235

Only me have this problem?

The feedback that we got from our community was that managers just went on to the New Players page and gobbled up every young player going without knowing much about them. Have a scour around the forum and you'll be able to read this for yourself. On the app new players that are added to the database are only displayed for 24 hours. This has always been the case and it has now been implemented into the new UI. That way it will benefit those managers who spend the time scouting as they'll more than likely know that a player will be added and will keep an eye out for them.

@SM Devs

How do you suppose smaller clubs are going to make money when they can't make profit from buying older higher rateds and selling them on for a substantial profit?

Making money from risers is almost impossible now. The increase in value from different ratings is minimal. It will take forever to make profit from risers now. In the meantime the higher wages will swallow a clubs finances, forcing us to sell great players to avoid bankruptcy. The best clubs will soon be AI managed ones, lel.

With increased wages and minimally increased revenue incomes; how are we supposed to make money? This will be an issue for all clubs. Profit from risers is the only way for bigger clubs to make money other than prize money etc.

My fear now is that the likes of Messi, who has a 90K value and ridiculous wages to go with it, will now be totally out of reach to any manager that takes on an average side in an attempt to challenge the top sides.

In short, it looks like the challenge and joy of taking a much lesser side to the very top is now not possible, which makes the game quite pointless, well, to me anyway.

Puma7 has already covered some of this in that IF you spot a young talent early enough then you will reap the rewards and he has given a few examples. Re income we have increased prize money along with how much money enters an individual Game World. We will monitor this and make adjustments if necessary.

87 Rated
Tier 1: £24.0m 
TIELEMANS, Youri
COMAN, Kingsley
MARTIAL, Anthony

Tier 2: £12.0m
JANUZAJ, Adnan
RABIOT, Adrien
ROMAGNOLI, Alessio
CHAMBERS, Calum
DEULOFEU, Gerard
SAÚL, Ñíguez

------------------------------------------

88 Rated
GIMÉNEZ, José
SHAW, Luke

Tier 2: £16.0m
MEYER, Max
DYBALA, Paulo
TORRES, Óliver
CAN, Emre
ZOUMA, Kurt
BELLERÍN, Héctor

89 Rated
GAYA, Josè Luis

Tier 2: £16.0m
BARKLEY, Ross
OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN, Alex
AURIER, Serge
DIGNE, Lucas
KONDOGBIA, Geoffrey
SILVA, Bernardo

90 Rated
Tier 1: £32.0m 
DEPAY, Memphis
STERLING, Raheem
KANE, Harry
LAPORTE, Aymeric
MARQUINHOS, Corrêa

Tier 2: £24.0m
MUNIAIN, Iker
ICARDI, Mauro
GOMES, André
NASTASIĆ, Matija
DRAXLER, Julian
MORATA, Álvaro
ALCÁCER, Paco
LUKAKU, Romelu
ÇALHANOĞLU, Hakan
ANDERSON, Felipe

Don't ask me why the valuations don't increase for Tier 1 (87-89) and don't ask me why the valuations change in Tier 2 for 88 rated but don't change for 89. I'm struggling to understand the logic behind it myself. Tier 1 for 86 rated players is 16m. So it jumps up from 86 to 87 but then doesn't bother changing again until it reaches 90 when it goes absolutely bat **** insane (but better than Memphis being 40m back in Pav 2).

Nope, someone from my Gameworld asked the same question so I did some investigating and came up with the above.

But players aged 22 or below are given Tier 1 / 2 or 3. Once the player gets to 23 they then switch to Tier 4. Once the player reaches 27 they then switch to Tier 5.

just had a look myself at players rated 82, I get it now although it looks like there's an extra 3 tiers for players under 22

Tier 1. 8m

Tier 2. 6m

Tier 3. 4m

Tier 4. 2.8m

Tier 5. 2.4m

Tier 6. 2.0m

All players under 22 with 82 rating

just had a look myself at players rated 82, I get it now although it looks like there's an extra 3 tiers for players under 22

Tier 1. 8m

Tier 2. 6m

Tier 3. 4m

Tier 4. 2.8m

Tier 5. 2.4m

Tier 6. 2.0m all under 22

Some of those players have concerns I imagine.

Nope, do a player search for players aged max 21 and set the rating to 82, let me know what you find.

Yeah, you're right. Bizarre. I actually went through and copied all of the players rated 87 to work the tier system out. So for some reason 82 rated players have a different tier system to 87 rated ones. /shrugs

Yeah, you're right. Bizarre. I actually went through and copied all of the players rated 87 to work the tier system out. So for some reason 82 rated players have a different tier system to 87 rated ones. /shrugs

It could be just that there's far more 82 rated players u21 (6 pages) than there is 87 (1 page).  Could be there is other tiers for 87 theres just nobody in them right now. I don't know

Maybe worth looking at some other different ratings

Puma7 has already covered some of this in that IF you spot a young talent early enough then you will reap the rewards and he has given a few examples. Re income we have increased prize money along with how much money enters an individual Game World. We will monitor this and make adjustments if necessary.

what about matchday income? stadium revenue?

any explanation on attendance issues?

(I, defending Champ, got 69k of 99k attendance opening day. my main rival got 75k of 77k - how does that work?)

3 Tiers for 89

3 for 88

3 for 87

4 for 86

5 for 85

3 for 84

4 for 83

6 for 82

3 for 81

5 for 80

At first it was confusing but now I like the new interface. There I said it.

Also want to have a laugh at the guy who said that it is ridiculous that he no longer can use full backs as centre backs in 3-5-2. Lol

Pretty juvenile to want to laugh at someone's comment rather than discussing it.

There are plenty of teams in real life where the back 3 defenders include full backs. In my opinion I think we should still have the choice.

Which interface is "jumbled up"? The old or the new one and any pages or areas in specific? 

Regarding player positions and changes to formations you can discuss them in this thread.

The new match engine has been implemented and we're carrying on working on it and a 2D pitch has been put into an early test cycle but this would only be available in the new interface.

The glitch you have mentioned is a display issue and will be fixed shortly.

A Game World will only close IF it has one or less managers and it is administered by the SMFA. I'd hazard a guess that you were the only one in your Game World and a new manager has recently joined?

That was the plan but when we looked into it in more detail we found out that it wasn't technically possible and would cause all sorts of problems going forward. With regard to the example you have given I can't comment on that as numerous factors are taken into consideration as it's not just a case of the highest team rating will win all the time as managers would soon get bored and leave.

The feedback that we got from our community was that managers just went on to the New Players page and gobbled up every young player going without knowing much about them. Have a scour around the forum and you'll be able to read this for yourself. On the app new players that are added to the database are only displayed for 24 hours. This has always been the case and it has now been implemented into the new UI. That way it will benefit those managers who spend the time scouting as they'll more than likely know that a player will be added and will keep an eye out for them.

All "old" talent are already at managed clubs in our league. Dare i say our league is the most competitive out of all leagues on SM.

I'm well off, mainly thinking about the lower teams. How are they to compete with us now that they can't make a tidy profit on older players? Before update they could buy Evra then sell him for 7 mill profit once ban expired.

I understand you can't answer more thoroughly Stevie G, hopefully you'll take some of it into consideration. That goes for all that damien1990 and Redsky have said aswell.

All "old" talent are already at managed clubs in our league. Dare i say our league is the most competitive out of all leagues on SM.

I'm well off, mainly thinking about the lower teams. How are they to compete with us now that they can't make a tidy profit on older players? Before update they could buy Evra then sell him for 7 mill profit once ban expired.

I understand you can't answer more thoroughly Stevie G, hopefully you'll take some of it into consideration. That goes for all that damien1990 and Redsky have said aswell.

I am also a player in that gameworld. It is a very active world with about 45 managers. Took over a div3 team a month ago. My current balance is at 3M with a squad of 31 players, 16 which are in the 80-89 range. I was able to bring some good players by selling players with the old chairman valuation system. But now, it won't be as simple moving forward. My full team is valued at 50M. I have been trying to find potential risers to add to my team but it has  not been easy. A lot of the young talent are already signed to the game world clubs making it hard for lower division teams to find players. I have managed to find some players in the 18-19 range whom I think will rise but the competition is fierce. It will take forever for those players to gain value. From what I have been able to gather from 1 month playing the game and the latest update, a player I sign for 300k will probably rise to 800k or 1.6M or even >2M if he is really good.

Let's take a case scenario. I have 3M in the bank, decide to spend 2M on young talent. I can get about 4 players with that money. That is, taking into account that not one else bids for that player. Things will get really ugly if they do. How many of them will gain value and will it really be worth it? I'll be waiting for 2-3 seasons for my players to appreciate so I can make a tiny profit. Sure, I could spend 2M on 1 player but small clubs do not have that kind of money laying around, and I can't risk 2M investing on one 1 player who might turn out to be a flop.

Dybala is Tier 2. 88. 16m Martial is Tier 1. 87. 25m. Basically Martial is ranked a better prospect. That's the logic, whether you agree with those valuations or not is a different thing.

lol so a better prospect is priced a lot more than someone who is currently a better player, in better form, and in a consistent form.

I am sure he is a better prospect than Depay, and has been in a finer form for Man U, so by your logic, can you answer me why isn't he valued more than Depay? Also, didn't he cost more than Depay costed, in real life?

Gents all this talk of valuation of players would be better suited for another thread unless you have suggestions on changes or improvements?

Is there a way of possibly limited the amount of messages that someone can post on a news feed every hour or something? As in new topics.

Sorry to put this on a particular region/people but from experience it's usually people whom speak English as a second language whom seem to start lots of topics that are practically on the same issue rather than just posting on the one message topic. People also do it in order to try and hide news stories they don't want to be seen. Of course with the new UI you can go further down the news feed in order to see things later dated / bumped down and so this is harder to do. 

Is it also possible to combine the status that a manager can share, which usually states a bit of information about the club and when it was founded, when they join a team/game world into the same message as the one that states they have been appointed at the club. There's not much need for the various messages here either.

Your posting on the subforum  New Improvements and Features, the sub forum below this is for Suggestions on Changes and Improvements. The thread is titled Soccer manager worlds re launch. So as I understand it the thread is for discussing the new Improvements(if you can call them that) and features since re launch. Personally I feel changes to how players are valued is relevant in that discussion and this thread.

This thread has been used for singular posts in regards to bugs/issues improvements and suggestions, not a 10 post debate of peoples opinions on the valuations in the update. Create a thread, discuss ideas, bring ideas & suggestions back here. Clogging up the thread with this stuff is unnecessary and can often prevent posts with real issues being missed. It was the same when people debated the players positions and pages worth of posts were deleted, another thread has since been created for people to discuss that stuff there rather than on this thread.

Your posting on the subforum  New Improvements and Features, the sub forum below this is for Suggestions on Changes and Improvements. The thread is titled Soccer manager worlds re launch. So as I understand it the thread is for discussing the new Improvements(if you can call them that) and features since re launch. Personally I feel changes to how players are valued is relevant in that discussion and this thread.

If you go back and read through the thread Steve has asked that this thread be used for reporting of bugs on the usability of the site not on valuations and / or players positions.  

Edit: from page 10:

Could you please start a new thread re the player database, formations etc as this needs a separate discussion and I don't want feedback relating to the UI getting lost in here - cheers.

This thread has been used for singular posts in regards to bugs/issues improvements and suggestions, not a 10 post debate of peoples opinions on the valuations in the update. Create a thread, discuss ideas, bring ideas & suggestions back here. Clogging up the thread with this stuff is unnecessary and can often prevent posts with real issues being missed. It was the same when people debated the players positions and pages worth of posts were deleted, another thread has since been created for people to discuss that stuff there rather than on this thread.

Should we create a new thread for discussing what this thread should be used for rather than cluttering up this thread with a debate on what the thread is for :)

TerryTibs is right though, I hadn't seen Steve's post. Would be clearer if the thread was titled more appropriately and I thought bug tickets were for reporting bugs

no, we have been together for at least a few weeks

strange, right now it is back to normal (no more closing end of the season)

seems there's a flip flop regarding this

some kind of bug?

Should we create a new thread for discussing what this thread should be used for rather than cluttering up this thread with a debate on what the thread is for :)

TerryTibs is right though, I hadn't seen Steve's post. Would be clearer if the thread was titled more appropriately and I thought bug tickets were for reporting bugs

I guess it was too much to ask that you would read through the thread, see what has been mentioned throughout and also the message from Steven, to be fair however not many people do prior to posting.

What I liked about the old UI in regards to the 'Squad' page was how you were able to see how many players were in the First Team, Youth Team, Loaned Out at the same time whereas with this new UI you need to click on each section to then be able to see. 

I'm not quite sure it's possible in this exact manor but would it perhaps be possible to have the totals put onto the drop down bar?

Squad_SM.jpg

It could appear for example;

First Team (27)

Full Team (39)

Youth Team (12)

Loaned Out (4)

If I'm honest whilst the drop down menu's are tidy I personally do find it almost a step backwards from the horizontal list on the old UI. Would be good to know if others agree.

Squad_SM_1.jpg