Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

I do not really understand the moaning about this new interface badness. I've been playing Soccer Manager for 1.5 years and was used to old interface too, but the new interface is not so bad as forum users claim it to be. Yeah, its new and needs some time to gget used to, but new is not bad.

can you please explain what part of it is better than the old one?

Steve, right now, if you start writing a new personal message, or if you're replying to an old one, and you click anywhere else of the message box, the message box just flies away and your message is gone. Period. Even if it's say an essay long message :wub: . That's really cool for everything else like player profile and so on, i mean, the fact that i don't have to click the X button is good, but for times when we have to enter some text in some text boxes it's NOT OK to happen. By the way i really like the new dark theme which is part of the new UI. Cheers!

I see another bug, with the old interface (not sure it applies to the new)

I for one enjoy reading the match report as it happens (I only manage one team, so I have the time to do this). And sometimes when my team has a chance, I like to pause the game, read what's happening, and then resume the match to see if we score. The "pause" and "play" button used to always be on the same side. But now I've noticed that when you press "pause" or "play", that button then turns into the "stop" button. 

This may seem fussy, but what happens now is I press the button to pause, then quickly press it again to resume the game but I've now actually pressed the "stop" button. If this happens I then have to start the match from the beginning. Can this be fixed so that I can pause and play with the same button throughout the match as before?

There are lots of people complaining about the new interface but to be honest it does look good,the problem is it seems to have been rushed and there are lots of problems,but that can be got over,what can't be is the way the economics of the game suddenly make managing small teams to success impossible due to high transfer values and wages and also the formation changes,you can't just decide that all of a sudden a 3 man defense has to consist only of CBs and that attacking midfielders can no longer play on wings when managers like myself have spent years building teams around these formations,it's not fair, the interface can be worked on but these two issues can't,they are changes that are fundamentally changing the game. I have spent way more hours on the game than I care to admit and it has even helped in dark times like the deaths of my parents but right now I am seriously considering not renewing membership in a month or so when it runs out,we love this game,please just accept you made a mistake this time and change it back before it's too late!

So today I joined a new European championship and find it very difficult to sign external players which is good in a sense. But I wonder if it would have been a big league like English championship or a world championship then? Looking at the ridiculous prices of players it looks like there will be no fun in joining a big setup as we will not be able to sign big players or even risers with small teams. Only dead meats like Xavi, Pirlo Lampard will be available for smaller teams.

What I mean to say is that the price of Martin Odeegard is 6M and that of Pirlo is 3M. Nowhere in the near future will Odegaard's rating be equal to that of Pirlo. Then why is Pirlo rated so low and Odegaard higher than him? There are countless examples of these situations where unproven youth players have been given much higher price than other experienced players. Kovacic's price is great than David Luiz's price.

You should keep low prices for players below 80. They should be priced below 1M so that lower teams can atleast pick up youthful talents for future.

There are lots of people complaining about the new interface but to be honest it does look good,the problem is it seems to have been rushed and there are lots of problems,but that can be got over,what can't be is the way the economics of the game suddenly make managing small teams to success impossible due to high transfer values and wages and also the formation changes,you can't just decide that all of a sudden a 3 man defense has to consist only of CBs and that attacking midfielders can no longer play on wings when managers like myself have spent years building teams around these formations,it's not fair, the interface can be worked on but these two issues can't,they are changes that are fundamentally changing the game. I have spent way more hours on the game than I care to admit and it has even helped in dark times like the deaths of my parents but right now I am seriously considering not renewing membership in a month or so when it runs out,we love this game,please just accept you made a mistake this time and change it back before it's too late!

Full backs doesn't play as CB in real life, and AM abuse in 5-men mid is over.

You can now play full backs as middies in your 3-5-2, don't you?

Really losing interest in my teams because of these over the top uupdates. Not fond of the financial changes made to players and player wages, don't like the fact my 4-3-3 formation that I have been using for like ten years has been changed so few of my players are being said to be slightly out of position with the yellow. The transfer prices of players doesn't make sense anymore how are you pricing players now. I think it's a awful change that has happen I may just be playing with around four teams soon instead of the fourteen I have been.

So today I joined a new European championship and find it very difficult to sign external players which is good in a sense. But I wonder if it would have been a big league like English championship or a world championship then? Looking at the ridiculous prices of players it looks like there will be no fun in joining a big setup as we will not be able to sign big players or even risers with small teams. Only dead meats like Xavi, Pirlo Lampard will be available for smaller teams.

What I mean to say is that the price of Martin Odeegard is 6M and that of Pirlo is 3M. Nowhere in the near future will Odegaard's rating be equal to that of Pirlo. Then why is Pirlo rated so low and Odegaard higher than him? There are countless examples of these situations where unproven youth players have been given much higher price than other experienced players. Kovacic's price is great than David Luiz's price.

You should keep low prices for players below 80. They should be priced below 1M so that lower teams can atleast pick up youthful talents for future.

Look at the Transfermarkt values: Pirlo is £700k and Odegaard is £2.8M. 

Couple days ago Amadou Diawara was 78 rated in SM, but in real life I've heard that the big clubs are already offered about £15M for him.

Full backs doesn't play as CB in real life, and AM abuse in 5-men mid is over. You can now play full backs as middies in your 3-5-2, don't you?

That is my point, just because you choose to play 3 @ the back doesn't mean they have to be CBs it is possible to play one CB and two fullbacks instead. And how is playing AMs abuse of 352? It's merely playing an attacking version of the formation,something many of us have done for years and now we are expected to just change it all overnight! There are different versions of formations, if they just bring in a 352 attack it could solve this problem. As for fullbacks in midfield, if I wanted defensive players in that position I wouldn't have had AMs there would I. I notice you didn't pick fault in what I said about the economic changes.

The new interface is actually making brainz.....

But is it mobile friendly??...no it is not

Why launch a stuff that makes you loss 75% of your players?

Almost 95percent of players in my gameworld uses phones to manager

So if your new interface is Mobile friendly then go ahead

And launch it again.unless u have to keep asking us to choose to

Login with the new or old site.

Or simply tell us we don't need you to play on our site again

Instead of using the new interface to do that..

CHEER!!!

@SM Devs and Admins - Do you realise that with the economy changes you are asking people that have spent years, (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc) building their teams to start all over again? Do you realise that smaller clubs have no way to make money nor do they have an opportunity to compete? There were tens of very detailed posts showing you how bad these changes are for a lot of gameworlds however you have deleted them because people have venteed their full frustration and anger in them which has derived from the very unwelcome changes you have implemented. Do you want to purposely lose customers?

Tell us what the feedback and suggestions were from the Google hangouts and how many of them you implemented. A lot was discussed and I do not see any of the very good ideas that were thrown around and accepted as such implemented. Instead all I see is people complaining about everything you have done.

You have rushed these changes to coincide with the 10 year anniversary and even though you won't admit and accept it you've made a big mistake. Maybe you will get new customers people who can start fresh and like what they see but that will be on the back of the people thay brought you here. The people that were spending hours each day building their teams and scouting players. And that's a big maybe on new people because the game has more problems now than it ever did before.

In short I will tell you the problems that I personally see:

- Revenue stream for smaller clubs closed with all players being valued the same. In the real world a superstar is valued more at a small club because he's their big ticket item. When they sell him they command massive fees because that's their bread and butter, developing young players, ie feedsr clubs. Example, Everton sell Stones for £50m to Chelsea but his value at the club isn't quite that high considering they have Terry, Zouma, Cahill etc.

- Increased wages make the possibility of a smaller club owning good players virtually impossible - gap between smaller and bigger teams increased. Creates neverending vicious circle between success and revenue.

- Changes in valuation of players that have been valued the same way for as long as this game has been running has completely destroyed gameworlds and made teams unsustainable. This has lead to members with 500 odd games being forced to leave their clubs because there is no purpose in continuing.

- Scouting young players has lost its appeal, young players don't increase much in value when rising because of the tier system. This was another revenue stream closed for smaller clubs.

- Match engine is as random as ever. There is no logical explanation for a team with 60-70% fitness of low rated players to win against a 100% fitness team of high rated players. That's like saying a conference side that played on Wednesday go to a Premier League club on Saturday and destroy them.

- Player positions have been messed up with the new formations. People that have built teams and are mid season have to now scramble and fill the positions because the formation they have built around for years bo longer accepts the players they've got there.

- Interface, buggy as hell, nauseous to look at and uneccesarily complicated. It's like something out of cbeebies. Why would someone come up with that and more importantly why would decisionmakers agree that its good? The only way people would think that's good is if they don't spend any time looking at it.

- The biggest problem of all is that you are not listening to the feedback, complaints, rants and suggestions of your customers. You have a duty to listen to their frustration just like any customer service team of any company. Deleting posts of people complaining is like hanging up on someone complaining in the real world.

You may feel invincible now, but every bubble bursts. Don't let arrogance and stubbornness make the 10th anniversary of SoccerManager its last!

Spot on mate!!!

That is my point, just because you choose to play 3 @ the back doesn't mean they have to be CBs it is possible to play one CB and two fullbacks instead. And how is playing AMs abuse of 352? It's merely playing an attacking version of the formation,something many of us have done for years and now we are expected to just change it all overnight! There are different versions of formations, if they just bring in a 352 attack it could solve this problem. As for fullbacks in midfield, if I wanted defensive players in that position I wouldn't have had AMs there would I. I notice you didn't pick fault in what I said about the economic changes.

Unfortunately for you...antondrobnjak is correct.

We have all dedicated time and effort. The direction of your time and effort has always been misguided with regards to the 3-5-2, the RB/LBs at CB and the AM(RCL)/wingers at M(RCL).

These were always faults, 'loop holes' and flaws in the game...which have needed correcting for a long time.

I will not explain why you are misguided here...as posters have requested that it does not monopolize this thread. (Indeed, Steven will no doubt delete our posts on the issue).

I suggest that you head to:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/152110-soccerwiki-player-positions/page-2

OR

http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/152228-new-game-engine-player-positions/

...and I can begin to reeducate you on the issue.

You cannot play 3 back-men defense with 1 or 2 fullbacks because it doesnt happen in real life. Have you ever seen Patrice Evra playing as CB in his squads? Not for sure. To switch a new position skill in real life a player (and his manager) has to work hard (lot of games or whole seasons) to get new achievements before change him on SW/SM. THis is my thought.

And yes, there were an AM abuse in the mid. If you want to set more defensive you switch your formation covered e.g. from 3-5-2 to 5-3-2. As reality is. So I agree with compatibility restriction.

Unfortunately for you...antondrobnjak is correct.

We have all dedicated time and effort. The direction of your time and effort has always been misguided with regards to the 3-5-2, the RB/LBs at CB and the AM(RCL)/wingers at M(RCL).

These were always faults, 'loop holes' and flaws in the game...which have needed correcting for a long time.

I will not explain why you are misguided here...as posters have requested that it does not monopolize this thread. (Indeed, Steven will no doubt delete our posts on the issue).

I suggest that you head to:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/152110-soccerwiki-player-positions/page-2

OR

http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/152228-new-game-engine-player-positions/

...and I can begin to reeducate you on the issue.

I think you'll find I already have been posting there. And if you actually look,I was making suggestions for the sake of SM, you two are the ones who have came in like know it alls, who are you to suggest how a formation is set out? Did I miss Sepp Blatter handing his torch over? I have played SM for 8 years and care about the game,I am not here to be ganged up on by a couple of keyboard gangsters who probably know nothing about real football beyond stats and figures. We'll just have to agree to disagree,but in future please do not butt in to my posts.

You cannot play 3 back-men defense with 1 or 2 fullbacks because it doesnt happen in real life. Have you ever seen Patrice Evra playing as CB in his squads? Not for sure. To switch a new position skill in real life a player (and his manager) has to work hard (lot of games or whole seasons) to get new achievements before change him on SW/SM. THis is my thought.

And yes, there were an AM abuse in the mid. If you want to set more defensive you switch your formation covered e.g. from 3-5-2 to 5-3-2. As reality is. So I agree with compatibility restriction.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and take it you are misunderstanding what I am saying, I know exactly what can and can't be done,I have coached football in real life,a 3 man defence does not have to consist of 3 CBs you can play with a LB,RB and a CB if you wish,this game is supposed to be based on real life so why shouldn't it be possible? Anyway as I said to your friend,I didn't come here to argue I came to make suggestions to help the game,if you don't like what I have to say tough,just butt out of my posts and I will stay out of yours!

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and take it you are misunderstanding what I am saying, I know exactly what can and can't be done,I have coached football in real life,a 3 man defence does not have to consist of 3 CBs you can play with a LB,RB and a CB if you wish,this game is supposed to be based on real life so why shouldn't it be possible? Anyway as I said to your friend,I didn't come here to argue I came to make suggestions to help the game,if you don't like what I have to say tough,just butt out of my posts and I will stay out of yours!

Wrong thread to discuss this.

I am telling you...Steven will delete your posts.

Okay guys ... I'm new here, maybe someone can help me: I have posted a twice regarding a question I have, yet I am unable to find my posts. Strangely enough, my first post got a "like" from soneone, still I can't find it anywhere. What am I doing wrong?