Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

On the new UI when watching a match if the 2 teams home shirts are the same colour the possession bar is a solid block it is not showing the away teams colours so you can't see what % possession each team has. I know it's only a small thing but it is annoying. Over all though I quite like the new UI now I have had time to play with it.

On the new UI when watching a match if the 2 teams home shirts are the same colour the possession bar is a solid block it is not showing the away teams colours so you can't see what % possession each team has. I know it's only a small thing but it is annoying. Over all though I quite like the new UI now I have had time to play with it.

in the "statistical" squad view page it doesn't show assists. like, my entire team is registering 0 assists which is just false.

I've flagged this up.

This was in regards to limited the amount of messages someone can post on the news feed over a set time. My issue is that in some of the game worlds I have been in managers abuse the ability to post New topics consistently, probably should have mentioned that in the prior post as I wouldn't want to limit the amount of messages in general someone can post / on a specific topic. 

So the examples I have had is managers in a game world posting 10+ messages which are the exact same thing in order to make sure the game world has their attention / reads the posts. I have also experienced managers posting a topic but then posting a follow up post as another topic which ends up with a whole page of posts on the same topic but instead of being tidy and within the same news feed context, it is spread over the news feed. 

I understand it's not exactly practical to limit people's ability to post new topics however surely nobody really needs to or actually does post more than 1 or 2 topics within an hour unless it is in the case of one of those examples for instance. It's obviously a very minor thing, I've probably experienced it in 1/5 game worlds but more so recently than in the past & isn't a dramatically needed thing but it would definitely be useful in preventing 'abuse of the newsfeed'.

Another thing is news feed 'bumping' which managers use to hide stories or in my case recently where it lead to a manager losing one of his multiple accounts in a game world he has resorted to 'bumping' the news feed consistently to hide any related story or post of my club. A petty but hilarious thing, but another example of news feed abuse which would be great if it could be prevented. 

Managers post on messages and then delete the post so that it moves it to the top. With the new UI update when items are bumped the time stamp updates and effectively resets the clock whereas on the old UI the original post date would remain but the post would move to the top. Not sure of the most practical way to update or change this or really if it needs it overly but it would prevent a few ways in which managers / people use the news feed to their advantage, which of course is debatably just playing smart.

Cheers for that info as I were just curious as we've not had any other reports of this nature. I'll pass on what you've highlighted and IF it becomes a more widespread problem we'll look at putting something into place to prevent misuse. Re the last part of your post i'll get that flagged up.

When chatting with someone if you click on their name( or the name of their team) in the chat panel, it switches from the new UI to the old one.

Many thanks for flagging this up and i've passed it on.

On the 'Managers' 'Transfers' section would it be possible to once again get the averages and such information provided on the new UI? On the old UI it also took into account the transfer offer's that weren't completed and for me this was a little annoying as more often than not I only wanted to know what had been spent / made, the average age of players in / out, the wage differences etc. 

Either way whether it's introduced in the new UI with the pending offers in / out or not I would like to see this information return as I for one found it useful to know.

I found this extremely useful as well and I raised it the other week and it'll be added shortly.

Guys, I dont think you are giving the new UI a proper chance. After few days of using it, I like it much more than the old one. Few tweaks there and there and it will be great, just try to use it more.

Ive seen a lot of the same questions why we cant have them both. I think it is because they are very different and it requires different coding or whatever the hell happens there and it is hard to implement new updates or something like that. It is much more than a different theme.

My take on what could be improved:

. In the yellow star rating should be written in black font. The green star should have rating in white colour because it's hard to see now what the rating is.

. In squad page when I change view to financial the top row still has morale, condition etc. And I cant order properly from most wages to least.        

I agree it can be hard to read the number in the star rating and it's even harder to see on the Player Rating or Reports page. Re changing views on the Squad page we're aware of this and it's on our bug list that we're currently working through.

I gave the new UI a go (again) after settling the lineups for the team, played around with it and explored, just feel a little "complicated" and needs more time to get used to. Users will need more than just 30 days to get used to the new UI and also give the backend admin ample time to sort out the bugs properly

If the system is able to pick up the numer of users still using the old UI, it is a clear sign that they prefer that. It is like the new OS of windows, not many are upgrading to the new 10 because it is unstable and you cannot force people to move over just because it is not feasible to have to 2 OS going forward. Fix the new version and the users will move over in due time.

What specifically are you finding complicated as we want to iron out these things?

(1) The area that you can try to have interaction is in the newsfeed, but it's so dark and dreary in there - with also the function to view "only manager posts" or "only transfers in division 1" having been removed, I can't be bothered scrolling through loads of stuff that I don't want/need to read, time and time again.

(2) Also, when clicking on any club's details, because the colours are 99% the same as the last club I clicked on, there's no differentiation between clubs. They are all the same colour. Yes, the club badges show you which club you're looking at, but that's not enough. The old UI generally had more of your club's colours on its pages. This helps massively when navigating through many teams.

(3) The stars around the ratings are not needed either. Again, at a glance, a number standing alone is all we need. When you start to add more lines, images, stars, boxes or whatever to website pages, often people can't actually see what they want to see because there's too much detail. To limit this, and if you really must use stars around the ratings, your clour scheme needs to be less-vivid. In short, regarding the ratings, the number needs to be the dominant colour, not the star.

(4) Initially, the site looks good. Very colourful and obviously attractive to football fans. But, when people try to use the site, that's a different matter. So, good on you for the attraction, but it's slowing managers down, giving out headaches and, from my own point of view, I am not currently enjoying working from the new UI.

(5) Picking my teams and general scouting/interaction is a bit of a chore at the moment; rather than very enjoyable, which is what the old UI was. I am actually spending less time with my teams because I get almost nauseous when trying to operate the new UI.

(1) I've flagged this up.

(2) Is anyone else finding this an issue?

(3) I can see your point of view as I thought this at first when I saw the stars and I wanted them removing but i've got used to them now. I'll pass this feedback on though.

(4) What are you specifically finding slower to do?

(5) Why are you finding scouting harder / more of a chore?

Steven...I did notice a couple of things when I last had a try of the new UI. Maybe they have already been raised:

- The loading times seem a lot slower. Even refreshing the club page can be a bit of a chore...when in the old UI...you could jump from section to section very quickly. I appreciate that there is now more to load...but will the loading times be improved?

- I am not sure if this has been addressed yet, but I had trouble opening up the different sections in separate tabs on a PC. With the old UI, I could just right click on/open up a tab for 'competitions', one for my 'squad', one for 'tactics' and one for 'results'...and then just flick between the tabs in my browser with ease. This seems a lot more difficult with the new UI...will this be improved?

We're working constantly on improving the speed and when the new build is uploaded tomorrow (all being well), you'll see a massive difference and I reckon we can get it faster than the old interface.

Yes, I agree re opening certain pages in a new tab as I found this useful and I flagged certain ones like squad etc up. Which others do you use on a regular basis?

Within the new UI, there is currently no way of knowing/seeing how strong an opponent potentially is regarding overall line-up rating.

Why?

It was on the old UI and very useful when deciding how to line up your own team.

I've already flagged this up as I also found it very useful.

I've been using the new UI and overall I'm happy with it, the changes have been good as far as I'm concerned.

Some issues I haven't seen mentioned yet:

1) Can't find info regarding transfer windows, I don't know when the current window ends.

2) When I try to view statistics or financials etc of my squad their are display issues usually.

3) Minor problem in the grand scheme, but match previews are much worse than before, I don't have the same info regarding previous matches between the teams etc.

(1) I've flagged this up.

(2) We're aware of this.

(3) This info will be added.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the search function on the transfers page doesn't seem to work properly. It can find some players but not all.

We're aware of this and currently working on a fix.

I'm not aware of this one so i've flagged it up.

What's happening guys? is nothing being fixed ? I'm having to use both the new and the old interface at the moment as I cant do everything on the new one, have we got some sort of time line on this ? 

A new build should be uploaded tomorrow with numerous bug fixes and UI changes.

A new build should be uploaded tomorrow with numerous bug fixes and UI changes.

Thanks Steve for your answers.

Can't wait. And please make it faster when loading each page, so we can play without clicking a button for many times  to get respond. 

Seem's like the new build is still being updated so to speak but so far I'm impressed with the speed, the load screens are almost completely eradicated, fantastic stuff guys! A lot of other things I've noticed and no doubt still more to come in the next few weeks, hopefully the chat box will be sorted sooner rather than later however as it's very frustrating and no doubt commonly used by most members.

You know I'm not sure it's been mentioned before or not, presumably it has but it's slipped my mind. Transfer Ban dates provided on the player search menus which seem to have disappeared from the old UI, would be handy to have those back rather than having to click on players to then be told this information.

Not sure if this bug has been mentioned, but the player contract is unable to renew in the new UI... For Exp. when I try to renew one of my player contract (from 1 year) to 5 years, a box popped out saying that the player has recently signed a new contract.. when I checked back again the player contract still remain unchanged at 1 year.. so I have no idea what is happening.. I tried to renew the player contract using old UI and it has no problem so I think  this is a bug in new UI...

Regarding the ''new'' match engine how is it my opponent was able to field the new 4231 formation on the 3rd of October in GC1 when it wasn't even released ? 

Every 4-2-3-1 formation played before the update is now classified as 4-2-3-1a.

Since you are planning to go through with the new interface wether we like it or not maybe I can help make it more enjoyable.

There are a few items I feel can be improved:

1) As previously stated stars are unnecesary, just make the ratings number bold so it stands out. Stars are rather tacky in my opinion.

2) I noticed you went for the "premier league" pitch with player pictures in place of shirts and 2/3 of the pitch shown instead of the full pitch. I personally find the numbered shirts and full pitch better looking. It would be nice if you could at least change the colour of the pitch to a lighter green to have more contrast since the background is dark.

4) In the Last fixture page avg team rating is missing. That piece of information was very helpful for tactical decisions. Even on the match report players ratings are missing making manual calculation more demanding.

5) In the Match statictics page players numbers are too big and often asymmetrical making it an eyesore. Statictics for the home team should also be displayed in white colour like the away team as black numbers look out of contrast with most of the team colours.

Can someone explain the function of the plus symbol next to every player on the Tactics page?

The old user interface (UI) will eventually be phased out in 2016. However, we'll only do this once we've fixed the bugs that have been flagged up and implemented the feedback we've received. So please use the time in-between to get used to the new UI and also provide constructive feedback that we can use to help improve it for everyone.

If you'd like to discuss the revisions to stadium building and attendances, please use this thread and i'd recommend that you also read this article. If you'd like to discuss player positions, formation changes and the new match engine, you can do so here and here.

If need help re any of the above, please post within the Help section of the forum.

All of this information is currently being reiterated on social media and we'll continue to do so and i'll also copy / paste this message every few days as a reminder to our community on the forum. We'll also be letting everyone know in-game via messages in the coming days.

Due to all of this, any posts going forward that are off topic and not related to the new UI will be deleted.

Every 4-2-3-1 formation played before the update is now classified as 4-2-3-1a.

Since you are planning to go through with the new interface wether we like it or not maybe I can help make it more enjoyable.

1) As previously stated stars are unnecesary, just make the ratings number bold so it stands out. Stars are rather tacky in my opinion.

2) I noticed you went for the "premier league" pitch with player pictures in place of shirts and 2/3 of the pitch shown instead of the full pitch. I personally find the numbered shirts and full pitch better looking. It would be nice if you could at least change the colour of the pitch to a lighter green to have more contrast since the background is dark.

4) In the Last fixture page avg team rating is missing. That piece of information was very helpful for tactical decisions. Even on the match report players ratings are missing making manual calculation more demanding.

5) In the Match statictics page players numbers are too big and often asymmetrical making it an eyesore. Statictics for the home team should also be displayed in white colour like the away team as black numbers look out of contrast with most of the team colours.

Can someone explain the function of the plus symbol next to every player on the Tactics page?

Good post and areas mentioned 'Futke' but it needs to be on the threads linked, this thread is currently used for addressing UI issues.

As for the plus symbol on the tactics page, if you click it you will see it's function is exactly the same as on the old UI / ME where you can give individual players preferences in regards to their mentality of 'Normal' 'Defensive' 'Attacking' & I believe this looks a lot better than the previous "i' that 'Info' presumably which was there before today, the '+' looks a lot smarter in my opinion.

Seem's like the new build is still being updated so to speak but so far I'm impressed with the speed, the load screens are almost completely eradicated, fantastic stuff guys! A lot of other things I've noticed and no doubt still more to come in the next few weeks, hopefully the chat box will be sorted sooner rather than later however as it's very frustrating and no doubt commonly used by most members.

You know I'm not sure it's been mentioned before or not, presumably it has but it's slipped my mind. Transfer Ban dates provided on the player search menus which seem to have disappeared from the old UI, would be handy to have those back rather than having to click on players to then be told this information.

Some positivity for you, Steven/SM....The team colour in the main band at the top of the screen is excellent. And the news feed is much brighter now too, which is engaging. You just need to give us options in there now for when we only want to view a specific topic.

:thumbsup:

Fair play for making the new layout faster....

There still needs to be 'sorting' options on most lists.... Transfer list, concern list etc.....

Provide constructive feedback that we can work with and flag any problems you experience in case we've missed them and you see results like this! So you need to thank yourselves and others that have contributed to this post for the latest update. Please keep it all coming as we're listening to what you have to say and if you all behave you might even find a 2D matchday experience in your GW in early 2016.

Not sure if this bug has been mentioned, but the player contract is unable to renew in the new UI... For Exp. when I try to renew one of my player contract (from 1 year) to 5 years, a box popped out saying that the player has recently signed a new contract.. when I checked back again the player contract still remain unchanged at 1 year.. so I have no idea what is happening.. I tried to renew the player contract using old UI and it has no problem so I think  this is a bug in new UI...

Not sure if it's been flagged up but no harm in me passing it on to the devs once again.

(1) I think that is down to personal preference.

(2) I'll pass this on.

(4) We're aware of this and its' going to be added.

(5) I'll pass this on.

Also managers that previously had minimum acceptable fees still have these on players...

I thought that idea was to be scrapped in order to promote interaction amongst managers....

We're aware of this and a bug fix will be put in place in t

Would it be possible to get a 'Load Data Pack' ability / option provided on the 'Player Database' 'New Players' section please. Currently you have to go through settings, account settings, community data packs, load pack, then choose the option & even after all of this it then refreshes the page onto the club home screen which you then have to navigate to the 'Player Database' 'New Players' section to see the general information you probably wanted in the first place. 

If it were possible to get this option on the 'Player Database' 'New Players' section & additionally have it refresh the same page with the information then provided it would be fantastic.

Can I make a suggestion that isn't directly related to the new UI as it was a bug bear for me in the old UI:

If you have a group of players out on loan at the end of each season they come back into the first team squad.

I'm quite OCD in keeping my first team squad separate from my youth squad so when they come back into the first team squad I have to select each players profile to 1) put them back into the youth squad and 2) make them available for loan again.

Is there any scope for 1) adding a check box or something similar to allow bulk moving of players between first team and youth squads 2) also the same for bulk listing of players for loaning?

Normally I guess if you've only got a couple of teams to do this in it's not that much of an issue but for my sins I've paid to have 66 teams and the movement of players between squads can be quite time consuming and as I say a personal bug bear for me.  

Also as recently mentioned the new update still has the minimum fee on a players profile which of course is invariably set to the old players values thus it makes no sense and there's no ability to remove it.

Edit: just seen the reply regarding the bug with the minimum values.

Fair play for making the new layout faster....

There still needs to be 'sorting' options on most lists.... Transfer list, concern list etc.....

and a "total" row

so in player stats there's no more totals row telling us how many goals, assists, etc. he has for all his careers.

and in transfers page there's no totals row telling us how much all our incomings & outgoings are worth.

I don't play SM to do maths, lol.  :P

and a "total" row

so in player stats there's no more totals row telling us how many goals, assists, etc. he has for all his careers.

and in transfers page there's no totals row telling us how much all our incomings & outgoings are worth.

I don't play SM to do maths, lol.  :P

You mean you want a total's row? Didn't quite get your meaning here as you went from a totals row to then 'no totals row' to then I guess wanting one so you don't have to do the math?  :D  But yes if so I think it's been mentioned & yes I agree it would be a great addition to the new UI.

Can I make a suggestion that isn't directly related to the new UI as it was a bug bear for me in the old UI:

If you have a group of players out on loan at the end of each season they come back into the first team squad.

I'm quite OCD in keeping my first team squad separate from my youth squad so when they come back into the first team squad I have to select each players profile to 1) put them back into the youth squad and 2) make them available for loan again.

Is there any scope for 1) adding a check box or something similar to allow bulk moving of players between first team and youth squads 2) also the same for bulk listing of players for loaning?

Normally I guess if you've only got a couple of teams to do this in it's not that much of an issue but for my sins I've paid to have 66 teams and the movement of players between squads can be quite time consuming and as I say a personal bug bear for me.  

Also as recently mentioned the new update still has the minimum fee on a players profile which of course is invariably set to the old players values thus it makes no sense and there's no ability to remove it.

Edit: just seen the reply regarding the bug with the minimum values.

This has been suggested already both on the account of; check boxes being introduced to mass change / add things such as adding to the loan list or sending to the youth team. Also it's been suggested to introduce that players out on loan if went on loan from the youth team and also the setting of 'Loan List' the player would return to the team with the same setup, in the Youth Team & Loan Listed, both of which would be great additions I feel myself.

So the update today with the 'Last Rating' on the players profiles is good because it is now readable compared to the previous brown star with black text, so that's great. I have noticed however that if you click on the 'History' tab that the text here is still black on a brown star.

Also, if I'm honest I'm still not a fan of the star being brown & here's why.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_15_at_19_41_03.jpg

Screen_Shot_2015_12_15_at_19_44_27.jpg

That's sadly what I think of when I see this star now, on the UI the star appears a lot darker than on this s/s provided above I must add as here it doesn't look all too 'brown', check it out for yourself on SM Worlds though.

Additionally, I have found that since the 'new build' when you switch clubs and go into 'Club Inbox' they appear blank as if there are none initially and you must change back to 'Overview' for example and then revert to the inbox again before they then appear. Unsure if this is just me or everyone else?

Finally, with the response messages for transfer offers the option of stating that; 'The Player or players offered are not good enough' seems to have been removed within the UI update. Is it possible to not bring this option back but introduce 3 options to be able to be more specific when dealing with managers. I myself often try to just use messages to inform managers but sometimes the language barrier for instance becomes an issue. If it were possible to select specific options;

1) 'Player 1' offered for exchange is not deemed to be good enough in exchange for this player.

2) 'Player 2' offered for exchange is not deemed to be good enough in exchange for this player.

3) Neither player offered are deemed to be good enough in exchange for this player.

Provide constructive feedback that we can work with and flag any problems you experience in case we've missed them and you see results like this! So you need to thank yourselves and others that have contributed to this post for the latest update. Please keep it all coming as we're listening to what you have to say and if you all behave you might even find a 2D matchday experience in your GW in early 2016.

I do hope you are joking with this comment. I'm 43 years old, pal.