Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

Provide constructive feedback that we can work with and flag any problems you experience in case we've missed them and you see results like this! So you need to thank yourselves and others that have contributed to this post for the latest update. Please keep it all coming as we're listening to what you have to say and if you all behave you might even find a 2D matchday experience in your GW in early 2016.

Is there any chance ye will let us organise the home page so that we can view our club messages as well as the news feed, while making the managers list smaller if not getting rid of it, as there is no real point in it and it add nothing to the overall experience of the game, that could have been hidden behind a click where as the club messages should have remained on the home page.

Also can you add an option to close the breaking news down like on other sites.

there needs to be a smaller version of the league table available on the club or overview screen (or maybe a thumbnail of your immediate surrounding positions in the infobar at the top of every screen - next to the calendar). kinda ridiculous I have to click through to a different section just to glance at it.

What was the logic behind taking away diagonal arrows? Alot of teams in real life use inverted wingers or things like central players moving wide to cover a wider player making a forward run but those seem to not be an option at all now. 

Also whats happened to the forum section for game worlds? Cant find any threads for my setups. 

When I'm picking a team I need the ability to have the pitch and the whole squad on the same page, together with a "Clear Squad" button and a rating and fitness level scale, as is now.

Anything less makes picking teams too prolonged and tedious. Cut down your teams I hear you say. I will, is the answer!

Is there any chance ye will let us organise the home page so that we can view our club messages as well as the news feed, while making the managers list smaller if not getting rid of it, as there is no real point in it and it add nothing to the overall experience of the game, that could have been hidden behind a click where as the club messages should have remained on the home page.

Fairly sure it's been mentioned before that getting club messages & the news feed onto the overview page was something being looked into.

Completely disagree with the suggestion to remove the 'Managers List' it's a useful tool to see managers that have logged in & when (Good for detecting possible multiple / cheat accounts) it's a handy tool for contacting managers as well as being a useful way to go straight to a club rather than searching for the club or going through the league table.

there needs to be a smaller version of the league table available on the club or overview screen (or maybe a thumbnail of your immediate surrounding positions in the infobar at the top of every screen - next to the calendar). kinda ridiculous I have to click through to a different section just to glance at it.

Not sure if this was already there prior to yesterdays update / new build but theres the ability to go straight to the league table but clicking on the Division right under the clubs name. I've also asked if it were possible to get the League Table in some more handy places such as on the Overview page as it was on the old UI and maybe even a mini table that would be scrollable on the tactics page which would allow for quick access to teams and also the ability to see how your opponent was doing in the table.

Example S/S - Top left is 'Division 2' which is a clickable link to the league table.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_16_at_11_49_50.jpg

Can I make a suggestion that isn't directly related to the new UI as it was a bug bear for me in the old UI:

If you have a group of players out on loan at the end of each season they come back into the first team squad.

I'm quite OCD in keeping my first team squad separate from my youth squad so when they come back into the first team squad I have to select each players profile to 1) put them back into the youth squad and 2) make them available for loan again.

Is there any scope for 1) adding a check box or something similar to allow bulk moving of players between first team and youth squads 2) also the same for bulk listing of players for loaning?

Normally I guess if you've only got a couple of teams to do this in it's not that much of an issue but for my sins I've paid to have 66 teams and the movement of players between squads can be quite time consuming and as I say a personal bug bear for me.  

Also as recently mentioned the new update still has the minimum fee on a players profile which of course is invariably set to the old players values thus it makes no sense and there's no ability to remove it.

Edit: just seen the reply regarding the bug with the minimum values.

Just expanding on this idea of a check box slightly albeit for a different reason, I'm currently back using the old UI however I think this would still be worthwhile in the new UI as well:

Can you consider adding an additional column to the Transfer Shortlist tab that shows the players last ratings movement?

SM_zpsigtdmm0r.jpg

For my sins over time (I've been in some leagues for 5+ years) I've built up quite a list of possible targets which on days like today when the Red Arrows have blazed their way through some of the Premier League ratings, I'm now of an opinion that there's a whole host of players I'm no longer interested in and thus want to remove them from my Shortlist.

Yes I can bulk remove players from the Shortlist but I have to rely on memorising which players have dropped ratings so implementing something like what's already shown on the Player Changes screen would be most welcome by me.

SM%201_zpsouojvdpu.jpg  

Hi Steve, i don't know if i report this for a second time, but the bug reporting in the game cannot be scrolled down and is not visible even when Chrome is switched to full mode. https://i.imgur.com/YPWJEd5.png?1

Also, the Dark theme is awesome, but the player's club name and wiki club are not visible. You can see that i have marked the otherwise invisible text so you can see it. https://imgur.com/a/80tQO

Would it be possible to implement a 'Live Table' onto the 'View Match - Score Centre' as well as getting live score updates from the league you could see how the table has been affected by results. Came to my mind tonight as in one game world it was the final game of the season and the ability to have been able to see which teams were moving into playoff spots / relegation places would have been really interesting and in general I feel this would make the match day experience very exciting.

The messages also still need to be updated for cup competitions and end of the season information. IE tonight, final game of the season in which I needed to win and hope another result went in my favour so that I could win the league title and I was informed of the outcome before I'd even seen the game etc. Thankfully a positive outcome, however it instantly killed the suspense somewhat. 

Perhaps these messages at the end of the season, in regards to the club finishing in 'X' position in the table could be addressed so that it's a drop down informational panel, like the 'View Match' option on match days which upon clicking it would inform you of; The Chairman's pre season exceptions / when you were appointed & whether or not you have succeeded in achieving these targets based on finishing in 'X' position.

I'll be another who asks about the "Saved Tactics" being eliminated on the new interface. For each team I constructed home, away and tournament squads. There's no way I want to remember or create that in another environment, and then have to change lineups player-by-player for each match. Please bring back the Saved Tactics.

Any chance we could get an icon to show we have a new message in chat? Like the little '1' icon that was on desktop

Speaking of which can we get the envelope numbered to show how many new messages we have....

And those stars are pretty childish alright, any alternative options to this?

I don't know if this belongs here or elsewhere but would SM consider scaling back TBs from 10 to 8 weeks? Imo 8 weeks would still preserve the realism of having to wait for the window to open and what not, but would make the transfer market much more fluid. Since we've already taken the drastic step of making players sold for cash to external TB'd for only 7 days (which I don't mind, 14 days would've been better but 7 works), dropping all TBs to 8 weeks doesn't seem like that big of a move. I think everyone would support this idea and I think it would be a great change to make in the new SM economy.

No, this has been replied to earlier; Saved Tactics are in the process of being incorporated into the new design and should be back sometime around January if I'm not mistaken.

That's good news, I hope you're right, I just hope the story about it is higher in their priority list :)

As a stadium building whinge I have a side that I took in Div 4, got 3 promotions in a row and now in Season 18 Ive still kept them up and generally got top half finishes finishing 3rd once, 4th four times, 5th 3 times, 6th once, 7th twice, 8th once, 9th once and 11th once. 

We got a minor stadium upgrade with the new changes to 32,045. We're currently top of the table and had a record sell out with only 2 empty seats. However despite all our success, we still have the smallest stadium in the division. Its not a major whinge, especially as my last two finishes havent been to great but it definitely needs to be more retrospective in older setups. 

Well there gone for the time being then ;)

I had a feeling that the Stored Tactics feature was going to be made a Gold Member feature but I may be mistaken. It would make sense to be one anyway as it's along similar lines as the Gold Shortlist in that they could both be carried between various teams/clubs in that sense. I'm saying this as a non-GM as well but then again it's no bother to me because as far as I'm concerned adapting formations for everyone opponent practically means Stored Tactics isn't a feature I'm concerned about however I fully understand all those who have suddenly had it removed that use it frequently. 

Since the introduction of the 'new build' on the UI, I've noticed that a lot of the time when I click on the 'Club' tab that instead of the club messages etc I get a full page spread of the 'Manager List' as well as the prior mentioned issue of when switching clubs and instantly clicking on 'Club' receiving no messages at all, just a blank space, presumably due to the information not loading quick enough?

Would it be possible to get a 'Load Data Pack' ability / option provided on the 'Player Database' 'New Players' section please. Currently you have to go through settings, account settings, community data packs, load pack, then choose the option & even after all of this it then refreshes the page onto the club home screen which you then have to navigate to the 'Player Database' 'New Players' section to see the general information you probably wanted in the first place. 

If it were possible to get this option on the 'Player Database' 'New Players' section & additionally have it refresh the same page with the information then provided it would be fantastic.

I'll pass this on as it's a good suggestion.

Can I make a suggestion that isn't directly related to the new UI as it was a bug bear for me in the old UI:

If you have a group of players out on loan at the end of each season they come back into the first team squad.

I'm quite OCD in keeping my first team squad separate from my youth squad so when they come back into the first team squad I have to select each players profile to 1) put them back into the youth squad and 2) make them available for loan again.

Is there any scope for 1) adding a check box or something similar to allow bulk moving of players between first team and youth squads 2) also the same for bulk listing of players for loaning?

Normally I guess if you've only got a couple of teams to do this in it's not that much of an issue but for my sins I've paid to have 66 teams and the movement of players between squads can be quite time consuming and as I say a personal bug bear for me.  

Also as recently mentioned the new update still has the minimum fee on a players profile which of course is invariably set to the old players values thus it makes no sense and there's no ability to remove it.

Edit: just seen the reply regarding the bug with the minimum values.

Agree it'd make it easier and i've passed this on.

This has already been flagged up.

What was the logic behind taking away diagonal arrows? Alot of teams in real life use inverted wingers or things like central players moving wide to cover a wider player making a forward run but those seem to not be an option at all now. 

This has already been flagged up and will be discussed once again in the new year.

Hi Steve, i don't know if i report this for a second time, but the bug reporting in the game cannot be scrolled down and is not visible even when Chrome is switched to full mode. https://i.imgur.com/YPWJEd5.png?1

Also, the Dark theme is awesome, but the player's club name and wiki club are not visible. You can see that i have marked the otherwise invisible text so you can see it. https://imgur.com/a/80tQO

We're aware of these problems and a fix will be applied shortly.

Would it be possible to implement a 'Live Table' onto the 'View Match - Score Centre' as well as getting live score updates from the league you could see how the table has been affected by results. Came to my mind tonight as in one game world it was the final game of the season and the ability to have been able to see which teams were moving into playoff spots / relegation places would have been really interesting and in general I feel this would make the match day experience very exciting.

The messages also still need to be updated for cup competitions and end of the season information. IE tonight, final game of the season in which I needed to win and hope another result went in my favour so that I could win the league title and I was informed of the outcome before I'd even seen the game etc. Thankfully a positive outcome, however it instantly killed the suspense somewhat. 

Perhaps these messages at the end of the season, in regards to the club finishing in 'X' position in the table could be addressed so that it's a drop down informational panel, like the 'View Match' option on match days which upon clicking it would inform you of; The Chairman's pre season exceptions / when you were appointed & whether or not you have succeeded in achieving these targets based on finishing in 'X' position.

Some good suggestion and i've passed them on but feature improvements like this won't be reviewed (same as check boxes above) until the new year.

The old user interface (UI) will eventually be phased out in 2016. However, we'll only do this once we've fixed the bugs that have been flagged up and implemented the feedback we've received. So please use the time in-between to get used to the new UI and also provide constructive feedback that we can use to help improve it for everyone.

If you'd like to discuss the revisions to stadium building and attendances, please use this thread and i'd recommend that you also read this article. If you'd like to discuss player positions, formation changes and the new match engine, you can do so here and here.

If need help re any of the above, please post within the Help section of the forum.

All of this information is currently being reiterated on social media and we'll continue to do so and i'll also copy / paste this message every few days as a reminder to our community on the forum. We'll also be letting everyone know in-game via messages in the coming days.

Due to all of this, any posts going forward that are off topic and not related to the new UI will be deleted.

I'm going to quote myself once again so that this doesn't get lost.

Also there are quite a few questions that people are asking that have already been answered. Just read back a few pages as there's answers to your questions as well as some very good posts by other forumers.

Will we be able to Hyperlink Players onto the News Feed in the New Setup? Big way to sell players and actually have managers look at your players.

You mean typing "@Ronal..." to bring up players / managers / teams to tag in a post? If so then yes, it is on our list to do and will be added into the News Feed in the new UI.