Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

In the old UI, it is possible to show a brief description of the match with "view full story" and then share it directly on the newsfeed with "share story". But in the new UI the option disappeared, there is only "view match". 

Would it be possible to put the "view full story" and "share story" options in the new UI too? Thanks

on the player search page, there has to be a way to indicate if a player is:

1. at a team that is managed, unmanaged or unavailable.

2. transfer banned

right?

and any update on having a "totals" row put in? for player stats, transfers in/out value, etc.

ALSO:

there needs to be a smaller version of the league table available on the club or overview screen (or maybe a thumbnail of your immediate surrounding positions in the infobar at the top of every screen - next to the calendar). kinda ridiculous I have to click through to a different section just to glance at it.

thoughts on this?

In Mozilla, on tactics screen the + (attacking-defensive) does not work
In "player search" menu, when you search for a player with specific criteria (GK / 87-90 / 21-25), and open players menu, the search menu (position-rating-value-age) reset to "Any"
The "transfer-loan-concern lists" only have 1 page each, without the searching option

The old user interface (UI) will eventually be phased out in 2016. However, we'll only do this once we've fixed the bugs that have been flagged up and implemented the feedback we've received. So please use the time in-between to get used to the new UI and also provide constructive feedback that we can use to help improve it for everyone.

If you'd like to discuss the revisions to stadium building and attendances, please use this thread and i'd recommend that you also read this article. If you'd like to discuss player positions, formation changes and the new match engine, you can do so here and here.

If need help re any of the above, please post within the Help section of the forum.

All of this information is currently being reiterated on social media and we'll continue to do so and i'll also copy / paste this message every few days as a reminder to our community on the forum. We'll also be letting everyone know in-game via messages in the coming days.

Due to all of this, any posts going forward that are off topic and not related to the new UI will be deleted.

Guys I hate quoting myself but i'm going to keep doing this as this thread if going off topic once again.

by the way:

given appearances now don't differentiate between starts and sub appearances, does the game engine?

i.e. do sub appearances still only count as half a start?

and if they do, have changes been made to the concerns algorithms to account for this? I just noticed this somehow, and it's kinda urgent because of how it will effect morale if unchecked. I don't want people worrying about more gametime because I thought they had featured more than they actually had.

Where I find how many teams are promoted in SMFA cups?

This still needs adding.

In the old UI, it is possible to show a brief description of the match with "view full story" and then share it directly on the newsfeed with "share story". But in the new UI the option disappeared, there is only "view match". 

Would it be possible to put the "view full story" and "share story" options in the new UI too? Thanks

Yes, this will be added to the new interface in a future update.

on the player search page, there has to be a way to indicate if a player is:

1. at a team that is managed, unmanaged or unavailable.

2. transfer banned

right?

I've passed this on.

In Mozilla, on tactics screen the + (attacking-defensive) does not work

In "player search" menu, when you search for a player with specific criteria (GK / 87-90 / 21-25), and open players menu, the search menu (position-rating-value-age) reset to "Any"

The "transfer-loan-concern lists" only have 1 page each, without the searching option

Cheers for flagging these up. We're already aware of these bugs and are currently working on fixes.

In the tactics mode and the starting line-ups page the player positions are not shown - this is a critical requirement to ensure players are placed in their correct positions.

On the desktop the players position is shown to the left of the pitch display. However, I have a feeling you're referring to the app? If this is the case when you click on a player in your XI it displays their position and also other players who are suitable to play in that position if you decide to swap them round.

by the way:

given appearances now don't differentiate between starts and sub appearances, does the game engine?

i.e. do sub appearances still only count as half a start?

and if they do, have changes been made to the concerns algorithms to account for this? I just noticed this somehow, and it's kinda urgent because of how it will effect morale if unchecked. I don't want people worrying about more gametime because I thought they had featured more than they actually had.

Nothing has changed in this respect. Sub appearances still count has half an appearance and there has been no change to how concerns are worked out because nothing has changed. What you are referring to is being fixed in an update as it's just a display error.

When attempting to organise the squad from high to low or low to high within the 'Morale' tab it does not do as such and instead seems to randomise the players.

All other tab options seem to work as you would expect them to.

Pinned Game World announcements on the newsfeed.

I believe I may have read somewhere that a 'Newspaper' feature is returning to SM? If not I thought it would be great so have big information within game worlds pinned to the top of the newsfeed for a set amount of time / until a new event 'knocks it off the top'.

Such information as;

When the new fixture list will be released.

When a club has won a competition (Of course it would need to be 24 hours or so after the event so as to not spoil the news.)

When a club secures European football (Shield & then Cup).

When a transfer record has been broken by a club for the game world or for their club.

When a club breaks a consecutive win streak.

When a club breaks a consecutive clean sheet streak.

I'm sure there's plenty of great ideas for little important news events like this which would make game worlds feel more realistic and social.

Also can anyone confirm / provide info in regards to whether game worlds will soon be employing a 7 day limit on not logging into a club rather than the previous 30 days? According to the game world information it is now 7 days, which I believe is fantastic, with the new app, desktop version etc all these various ways of accessing SM now I believe the limit should most certainly be considerably lowered from 30 days to the 7 days for example as it appears to be suggested.

What makes me ask this however is that I have game worlds where there are some managers whom have not logged in for more than 7 days and haven't 'lost' their club / been sacked. 

I doubt but i don't know for sure that many people access SM through their PS4 I however do and mainly due to how smoothly I can do things whether old UI or new UI although  with the new UI  you can't watch the match. Is this down to PS4 having or rather not having up to date  flash player? I wonder if people on XB1 ever access SM through their console because on PS4 apart from not being able to watch the match on new UI the controller is perfect for SM Purrrrfect!

Ditch Steam get on consoles or better yet do both can you imagine the revenue plus you get to work with the ''nice'' folk at M$ and P$ before you know it you'll be $M as we know that's the ambition and why not. =)

Anyway if free games like Pool Kings which is probably thee worst pool game i've played  can get on Ps4 why isn't SM on consoles i'm sure the kids are crying out for a football management game. I'm sure ypu've had discussions and if you haven't  then *SoMeOne* isn't doing their job right!  :P

Had some strange commentary in one of my matches today - this sort of thing happened twice (a goal / not goal for both sides although the match ended 0-0).  This is the first one :

SAVED - Goal for Braintree Town!

DABRO connects well with a header on goal.

ABNER takes the corner towards the back post.

The ball rolls out for a corner to Braintree Town.

This is the second one :

MISSED - Goal for Sutton United!

He strikes a shot for the top corner.

The ball evades everyone and falls to THOMPSON.

DIAWARA swings the ball into the box.

The ball rolls out for a corner to Sutton United.

Had some strange commentary in one of my matches today - this sort of thing happened twice (a goal / not goal for both sides although the match ended 0-0).  This is the first one :

SAVED - Goal for Braintree Town!
DABRO connects well with a header on goal.
ABNER takes the corner towards the back post.
The ball rolls out for a corner to Braintree Town.

This is the second one :

MISSED - Goal for Sutton United!
He strikes a shot for the top corner.
The ball evades everyone and falls to THOMPSON.
DIAWARA swings the ball into the box.
The ball rolls out for a corner to Sutton United.

What a surprise. The same thing happened to me yesterday. With the exception that I ended up losing 1-0. 

This is from the match report:

17 Queens Park Rangers manage to win the corner.

PJANIĆ crosses the ball towards the back post.

MILNER heads the ball at goal.

Goal for Queens Park Rangers! 23 Gueïda FOFANA sets up an attack with a long ball.

AFELLAY climbs above his marker and goes for goal with a looping header.

The ball dips over the leap of PERÌN.

spacer.gif GOAL!! - It drops into the goal.

This is from the live commentary. Notice it says saved in the match commentary but not in the match report. 

sport_soccer.png GOAL!! - It drops into the goal.
The ball dips over the leap of PERÌN.
AFELLAY climbs above his marker and goes for goal with a looping header.
Gueïda FOFANA sets up an attack with a long ball.

SAVED - Goal for Queens Park Rangers!
MILNER heads the ball at goal.
PJANIĆ crosses the ball towards the back post.
Queens Park Rangers manage to win the corner.

When transfer listing players if you set a value for 'Player X' of £10m and then go to 'Player Y' in order to transfer list him, say for example you set a price of £12m, you will be told that a price of £10m has been set for the player, it just sets the last price you entered for 'Player X' rather than the new price you wanted to set, £12m for 'Player Y'. Happens in all game worlds and with all players. You end up having to set the player after's price twice before it sets the one you want and continues this way.

When transfer listing players if you set a value for 'Player X' of £10m and then go to 'Player Y' in order to transfer list him, say for example you set a price of £12m, you will be told that a price of £10m has been set for the player, it just sets the last price you entered for 'Player X' rather than the new price you wanted to set, £12m for 'Player Y'. Happens in all game worlds and with all players. You end up having to set the player after's price twice before it sets the one you want and continues this way.

Yep. This is the latest error. I had the same problems last night.

drew 2-2 despite only allowing 2 shots on target and having Manuel Neuer in goal.

this isn't a bug, I know, but I just have to vent a little because AAAAAUUUUGGGHHHH that is so annoying!!

but in terms of serious problems:

the gameworld history doesn't work properly. if I use the dropdown menu to select a different season's league table? the page loads but the table doesn't change.

also is there any way to bring back the simpler shortcut "competition history/winners" page? I loved being able to look, on one screen, the winners of a certain competition. even if you get the current system working I'd have to change season to see who won. having a list all on one page would be so much better.

In the Game World - Overview / History section then History - Honours - Would it be possible here to get a total of trophies won by the current managers in the game world here, how many total, what trophies and in what season. This would be a great way to see whom the current most successful managers are within a game world without going through every season manually.

It would also in my opinion be a better way of telling / combining the stats given for the 'Current best managers in a game world' which seems to be totalled based upon games played / points won / average points won total. It would be great to be able to also compare managers by honours won.