Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

Since 6 or 7 days ago, new UI became slower & unresponsive. Many new bugs were more often happen than before. Yes, statistic view was repaired with adding more 2 digits in Avg & also assist field were filled.

Here some problems that I've found :

1. New UI became slower & unresponsive for all pages. The most annoying & slowest response was at Tactical page. I should wait ±5-15 seconds to get right response for all actions, including selecting/changing players, setting instructions like freekick, captain, etc. If not respond, then I should clicked it again & so on.

2. My home, usually clubs sorted by registration/join time, and never change until we decide to quit from old club, and/or to join new club. Latelly in new UI, sometime it sorted randomly when we visit my home page.

3. Renewing contract :

a. Not seen a fast update of extended contract that signed in players data view, neither in Squad - Finance view, also in personal player's pages. I tried to reload the squad page & many ways, but it still didn't see player's contract duration was extended.

b. Sometime haven't extended their contract, eventhough showing balloon message "This player has recently signed a contract". I need to extend from old UI.

c. Often showing error message "Sorry an unexpected error has occured. Please try again", so I should try to click around 5-6 times, until new contract was signed.

d. Annoying SLOW respond, if balloon message like "This player has recently signed a contract", or "Addes to transfer list : [Amount]" appear, then automatically bring me to personal player's page.

4. Transfers-in page not showing exactly of all players that I've made bids. Example : I made bid for player "A", then "A" not showing in transfer-in's list. I should go to home page, then entering same game world again, in order to see that informations correctly.

5. Newsfeed :

a. For collapse bid's news often not show/update at newsfeed, but it show together with succesfull bid news (when players already move to our club).

b. Responding an offer. In old UI, if you accepting an offer from 1 club, then offers from other clubs were collapsed automatically & update very fast in newsfeed. In new UI, other offers still showing respond button. I tried to open other tab & get back to newsfeed, and the result are an accepted & some (but not all) collapsed bid show, BUT also respond button still there.

c. Due to slow respond in new UI, you "must immediately" make multiple action for deleting all messages & selecting multiple messages to delete.

6. I also tried to play this anywhere with mobile internet. At some area, it was very hard to load. The worst part was to save tactics, it need more than 10-15 times or more to save it. In every pages, OFTEN shows a message error, "Sorry an unexpected error has occured. Please try again", and/or displays loading bar animation for long time but no finishing action (just loading animation only). Once again, the worst moment was in tactical page.

Usually at that area, I can play quiet good enough with OLD UI. I'm suggesting, maybe you could give a solution for this matter, maybe like giving optional quality for display, or others, in order to decrease heavy loading of each page & to give some chance for many players who live with standard quality of internet access. Please consider about this!

I believe many people at suburban/shore/other areas want to play this game. My friends at Asia, Australia, and others also have same problems their complaining about. We thought your new UI was not ready enough to be launched lively. Your new UI also made us to consume more bandwith, so for mobile players who live not in big cities couldn't play this game with smoothly.

7. I support your effort to decrease cheaters or hogging users, but because of your new UI not light & often giving error message for mobile users. I manage 5 clubs, and it need so much time to manage a club. In our experience, it need lot of time & effort in renewing contract, then update transfer status, and worst case in tactical. In analizing other manager's team, to load their pages & their matches also need much time.

The problem for NEW manager must login every 7 days. Would you extend that period into another week? We're considering this, because of we've job that often go to some places out of big city that not have good quality of internet access. Counting on mobile internet not good enough solution.

My experience, was saved by OLD UI that I can work fast (1 day before I get to be kicked out from that game world). I think this matter will solve if your new UI was LIGHT & FAST like old UI. I can work with old UI in 5-15 minutes to manage a club, but now in new UI need an hour or more.

But as you insist to phase out old UI & to continue using new UI, so please give a solution for login period for new managers? How long we should wait for STABLE version of your new UI?

Beside the game couldn't play in relaxing mode again, but now really manage a team including finance, depth of squad, transfer market, tactical & etc.

8. In tactical, I still see Playing Style. If that giving an effect in our playing matches, than it became BIG PROBLEM. I saw our last setting still applying in tactical section, but it can't be change again in new UI.

9. Your match engine, we think some kind of unrealistic. Many matches win in very big gap, like 3-0 to 6-1. How could be some team so often winning in fantastic score like that & "UNBEATABLE" (maybe 20 or more winning strike). I'm asking to my friend, at least try with different formations & strategies, but the result were same. If this continue, than for small club with great strategy/team balance will never beat club with high rating players, and/or high club's rating avg. My question, how would you make competitive league if this continues? Club with low rating player only have small chance in winning a match. Again, with this new UI & match engine, do you make this game more realistic or fantasy?

I'm hoping better performances from your new UI, that could make mobile gamers very easy & very smooth in play your game, without any bugs or errors again. I'm also hoping "LIGHT, STABLE & QUICK RESPONSES" could be 1ST PRIORITY to enhance your new UI.

Else of mobile network at some countries, I also tested with broadband 2MB (standard home user's favorite choice), your new UI giving pretty slow responses, like I said above that the WORST part always in tactical pages & not easy to change players, and to save it. This situation very annoying, confusing & if I could said wasting time.

Why? Because if we could manage a club in short time (5-15 minutes), now we need big much time to manage a club. Our focus also distract not just with heavy loading for each oage, but also with so much bugs & errors. My question, until when we could use LIGHT, STABLE & QUICK RESPONSES UI again (whatever your UI choice)?

That's the fact & you better giving solution in "short time", because we were in running games. If a season only run in 3 months, this situation already run for a month. We were loss in everywhere whether in transfer strategy, in manage formation/strategy, and else. For me, my team's position were dropped into mid because of this situation. For business, this was very unprofessional. Please, we need quick solution, and not just a promise. Cheers

Hello there

I'm still switching between the old and new UI, and I do like the new one, with some improvements to bring of course.

Let's start simple.

In the new one, the place taken by the  INBOX and NEWS FEED messages is enormous, with a lot of space available that is now completly lost.

The loss of the league table in the OVERVIEW page is a loss too in my opinion, though it's not very important.

And finaly the upper menu should stay fixed when scrolling down, so you can immediately acces the other pages without scrolling back up.

the game is going to be a joke. i bought Embolo 16 m. is 18 years old and 86 rating. and after one week with no change in his age or rating his value drops to 12 m. in one week i lost 4 m. and that' s happens with all the players. this isn't serious.

the new value/wage system is a failure. all the small teams will never have the chance to have high rating players.

bring back the Soccer Manager. this will be a failure and getting worst day by day.

strong teams never lose whatever tactic they use, the values of the players reduced with no reason, small teams will never have money for good players, the game is getting slower every day. you destroy Soccer Manager guys.

Seriously, something needs to be done with that engine. 

MISSED - Goal for Queens Park Rangers!
RAFINHA gets a firm header on goal.
KNOCHE takes an in-swinging corner.
The ball deflects out for a corner to Queens Park Rangers.

This is the second time this happened this week. I would appreciate if an admin/dev would help me with that.  

Small suggestion.... on mobile, the settings menu.... can it be 'swipe to close'

Also mentioned that the back button on phone should be used for navigation rather than an icon up in the top left, its just more natural and functional....

Oh and since im asking for a third time.... sorting colums please, how in the name of god has nobody fixed this yet, its do annoying. Everywhere there is a list of items there needs to be an option to 'sort by' not just the squad page

Apologies on the potential right forum topic for this as I don't believe it exactly fits into the Stadium threads or the Player positions and such threads.

I know this kind of thing has been briefly mentioned previously but another example of something surely being wrong with the updates to the chairman that have been added since the new UI. I will post it in the stadiums thread also just incase as it also covers stadium related content.

Tonight in a game world, Manchester United in D2 with their 75k stadium received a financial boost of £50m from the chairman. The club has a good squad, 14+ 90 rated players, including 3 93/94's, which I believe put's them well inside the top 5 in the whole of the game world in terms of strength in highly rated players. They do however have a large squad of 75 players and the average rating of the whole squad is 84. Their wage bill of £2.1m is easily covered.

Now the manager had around £25m anyway before the chairmans cash boost for the club which now gives them around £75m. 

Compare this to my Stoke side within the game world. Just promoted to D1 as league winners. I had £2m total, 37 players with an average of 86 across the whole squad & 10 90+ players, none above 91 a wage bill of £1.2m. Due to the promotion the stadium was increased from around 28k to 33k which is fine, it's in the joint lowest 5/6 stadiums in D1 but I've just been promoted, it's understandable. 

My chairman however did not give the club any financial boosts whatsoever. So the comparison is a newly promoted team, smaller stadium, worse squad, less cash, no financial boost compared to the team with the better squad, bigger stadium, more cash whom got a £50m financial boost. If someone can explain to me that this is correct and fair I'll be impressed. If it comes down to a clubs fanbase then I believe this needs to be re-thought in the case of financial boosts because with this system in place the 'rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer'.

EDIT:

I have also been informed that Arsenal, promoted to D1 in 2nd place this season received £39m. They have 78 players, an average squad rating of 81, 12 players 90+ however they have; Messi, Ronaldo, Ramos, Pique, Fabregas, Silva, Rooney. A stadium of 60,000 & their wage bill is £2.9m. Essentially you've allowed the chairman to pay for their seasons wage bill even though they have a huge stadium anyway. Again, the rich get richer & the poor get poorer, is this what is meant to be happening?

Wonder when we gonna see those penalties for players not set on their positions.....So far we only listen about how they're implemented, but not yet, but very soon and so on. During that time I changed for 30+ clubs formation, bought new players and so on, when other managers just continue using their old tactics with players at yellow positions and NO penalties for them at all!

Team.jpg

Gotze - assist and 8

Salvio - goal and 8

Podolski - sub Gotze at 60 min - goal and 8

Will you finish what you started or it will be just like always?

I have a suggestion for the INBOX and NEWS FEED section, and I hope you guys, at least, take my feedback into consideration. 

The INBOX and NEWS FEED messages take an enormous amount of space, and it looks so amateur. 

Instead of having all the messages displayed all the way down the page, and taking a lot of space; why don’t you guys have all the messages being displayed just inside a box, with the option to scroll up and down just inside the box without having the entire page going up and down when you scroll? 

This would really make things more user friendly, and more beautiful looking.

Not a big thing, but really could help. Hope you guys take this into consideration. 

would prefer if default page isnt the news feed

as preferred the old way of getting transfer feed on the default

The general news feed was much lower down nicely placed

now to see my player bids and seling prices i have to click squad etc to get to what was the old default page on loading my team

just lost to a United side playing Marcelo at LCB (got a 6), Hazard at RM (got a 7) and Cristiano at LM (got an 8 and two assists).

is this a joke, Steven? that United side has basically faced no penalties at all for fielding out of position players all season (I mentioned it before). I mean, I thought you were going to get rid of abuses like this?

mind you I don't think there's any sense to the new match engine. I conceded 5 shots on target and let us 4 goals, and Manuel Neuer is my goalkeeper. and this isn't an aberration because the last game he conceded 2 goals from 2 shots on target.

UI changes are one thing, I can adapt to that, but when the game doesn't play right despite supposed changes (and given your ridiculous rating systems)... it honestly makes a guy want to quit. and I hate feeling like that, because I want SM to be fun. you know, like it used to be.

Small suggestion.... on mobile, the settings menu.... can it be 'swipe to close'

Also mentioned that the back button on phone should be used for navigation rather than an icon up in the top left, its just more natural and functional....

Oh and since im asking for a third time.... sorting colums please, how in the name of god has nobody fixed this yet, its do annoying. Everywhere there is a list of items there needs to be an option to 'sort by' not just the squad page

This would be very handy, i want to swipe between the home screen and the rest of the screens, it would feel more natural.

First off, I think the new match engine is a vast improvement on the old one. It finally attaches the right weight to player ratings, meaning that the highest-rated players actually perform consistently if used in the right way. I've been playing this game for nine years and this is definitely the best match engine I've seen.

The new UI is quite positive too, but there are a couple of glitches which I haven't seen referenced over the last few pages at least:

• When switching from one formation to another mid-match, the player instructions can be completely messed up and don't reflect the instructions you've assigned. Also, the player instructions that are shown on the old UI and the new one differ - I have no idea which of the two is actually implemented in the match.
  • In Game World >>> History, I can't view past seasons. I select a new season using the drop-down menu, but it doesn't load anything new.
  • In Manger >>> History >>> Trophies, while there is a basic tally of each of the different honours won, this isn't anywhere near as in depth as the old UI, which gave a breakdown of what season and year each trophy came in.
  • The presentation of past honours in my manager profile ("Trophies") sub-section on the manager screen isn't as good on the old UI. 
  • Likewise, the "Clubs" sub-section to the manager profile only lists a manager's clubs - in the old UI you can directly view managers' squads and honours through this.

just lost to a United side playing Marcelo at LCB (got a 6), Hazard at RM (got a 7) and Cristiano at LM (got an 8 and two assists).

is this a joke, Steven? that United side has basically faced no penalties at all for fielding out of position players all season (I mentioned it before). I mean, I thought you were going to get rid of abuses like this?

mind you I don't think there's any sense to the new match engine. I conceded 5 shots on target and let us 4 goals, and Manuel Neuer is my goalkeeper. and this isn't an aberration because the last game he conceded 2 goals from 2 shots on target.

UI changes are one thing, I can adapt to that, but when the game doesn't play right despite supposed changes (and given your ridiculous rating systems)... it honestly makes a guy want to quit. and I hate feeling like that, because I want SM to be fun. you know, like it used to be.

Wonder when we gonna see those penalties for players not set on their positions.....So far we only listen about how they're implemented, but not yet, but very soon and so on. During that time I changed for 30+ clubs formation, bought new players and so on, when other managers just continue using their old tactics with players at yellow positions and NO penalties for them at all!

Team.jpg

Gotze - assist and 8

Salvio - goal and 8

Podolski - sub Gotze at 60 min - goal and 8

Will you finish what you started or it will be just like always?

Will any dev reply to my and metaphysical's posts?

Will the new ME become working or not? It's very important for me to know, to renew or not my Gold membership. You have enough time to do it - 162 days, but if not I will become one of many left this game. 

If you don't believe me - see the Help with deals thread...............The forum became useless will you do the same with the game?

Again an area I'm unsure of the best location for the topic as it's to do with the system of players whom have been bid on by multiple clubs and then the club 'they choose to sign for'. I will post this example within a player ratings / economy topic also incase it is better suited for that area than this.

Here's the most recent example I have experienced of how this current system does not work. 

Javier Hernandez at Manchester City, a manageable club but one that has the 'Unknown' manager bug, a bug that I've actually stopped bothering to report due to the sheer incompetence of those whom you report the issue to actually understanding the issue, responding to the ticket/issue quickly enough to understand the issue or even caring to address the issue. Either way it's been a bug for so long now with nobody taking note of it & I've now literally given up trying to get it fixed.

So this player, Javier Hernandez, due to the 'Unknown Manager' bug is now along with all players at the club free to be bid on by other clubs due to surpassing the days required to do so. 

Javier Hernandez' value is £15.6m, the max bid is £31.1m which Barcelona make. Barcelona have a squad of 71 players, the average rating is 86, total value £694m and the first team average is 90. 

AC Milan make a bid of £31.1m also and therefore the bids being the same the player moves to what I believe is the squad that's meant / supposed to be the weaker? Anyway, Milan have a squad of 114 players, the average rating is 83, total value £974.2m and the first team average is 90. 

Javier Hernandez moves to Milan rather than Barcelona, presumably due to the fact that their average rating in the squad is 83, 3 less than Barcelona's 86 however this is only due to the fact they have 43 more players bringing the rating down considerably. Seeing that Milan's squad is £380.2m more than Barcelona's total value this is clearly not considered and I believe therefore must come down to the average rating of the full squad as of course the first team squads of Milan & Barcelona are the same. 

Also note that within Milan's squad they have; 9 players rated above 94 compared to Barcelona's 4. Striker wise Milan have 3 strikers rated higher than Javier Hernandez at 91 whereas Barcelona have only 2. More support that surely Barcelona would be a better choice of club for this player, especially if SM is trying to be realistic in suggesting the player chooses a club based upon where they're more likely to play.

Milan are a D2 side, Barcelona a D1 side, I don't believe this seems to matter at all also as I often see these 'same bid transfers' end with a player moving to a squad in a higher division.

I believe this is just one example of the flaws within the current method of players moving to one club rather than another when the bid's are of the same value & must be revised. I believe that simply if it were based upon the squads total values it would be a much more appropriate way of deciding which club a player moves to and would additionally be fairer. 

This example is great proof of how a player going to the club with the lower average rated squad is flawed because a team can sign various low rated players in order to bring down their average rating and practically manipulate the system.

There is only one truth: the new engine stinks!

That sums it up quite neatly.

List of issues....

Every single club I'm running leaking cash, sometimes completely at randomly. For example, cash will be re-calculated after a match, then next time I log in it'll be lower than before! If It carries on like this every single side will be in the red within a few weeks.

You cannot access previous seasons.

Records are missing from club history.

Transfer fees have gone from normal to 'man city are after the player'.

Wages seem to have randomly leapt up.

You can no longer make a player 'not for sale' so you get hassled non stop for key players.

Tactics are all over the place. A once easy to use, logical process, is now telling you that in 50% of the tactical systems your players aren't suited to positions they clearly are!

The new interface sucks, so badly in fact I can't use it.

Why?

It's hard for those (like me) with poor eyesight to make out player ratings, condition levels etc. A bit of a major drawback tbh.

The new 'windows 8.1' box idea is as crap as that OS. Fine for the phone, but both sucks and blows on a PC.

As ever it tries to make everything much more complex than it needs to be. The current navigation system is far easier.

Frankly, if we are forced to switch over, I will stop using the game once my gold membership runs out.

It's a self inflicted mess.

These price changes have been really badly handled are they now stable at the general lower level or will we see another jump in the coming weeks. 

So this player, Javier Hernandez, due to the 'Unknown Manager' bug is now along with all players at the club free to be bid on by other clubs due to surpassing the days required to do so. 

Javier Hernandez' value is £15.6m, the max bid is £31.1m which Barcelona make. Barcelona have a squad of 71 players, the average rating is 86, total value £694m and the first team average is 90. 

AC Milan make a bid of £31.1m also and therefore the bids being the same the player moves to what I believe is the squad that's meant / supposed to be the weaker? Anyway, Milan have a squad of 114 players, the average rating is 83, total value £974.2m and the first team average is 90. 

Was the Milan bid second? For some reason I have always found that to be the bid accepted when two clubs offer the same amount. Regardless of squad size or squad value. 

Will any dev reply to my and metaphysical's posts?

Will the new ME become working or not? It's very important for me to know, to renew or not my Gold membership. You have enough time to do it - 162 days, but if not I will become one of many left this game. 

If you don't believe me - see the Help with deals thread...............The forum became useless will you do the same with the game?

Will repost this EVERY day since SOMEONE of these I'm giving my money to play here answer me WILL YOU FIX THIS IDIOTIC ISSUE WITH PLAYER POSITIONS OR NOT????

Today I lost SMFA Cup Championship final in GC against a manager using as RM a player which have no RM position at all!! Every single round there is someone who continuous using 3 5 2 with AM as RM/LM and no problems! He's winning. 

Have changed 5 times the interface of the game since I'm playing it and didn't even try to make it more realistic! It's not everything about CSS! Invest some time in backend logic as well!

Will repost this EVERY day since SOMEONE of these I'm giving my money to play here answer me WILL YOU FIX THIS IDIOTIC ISSUE WITH PLAYER POSITIONS OR NOT????

Today I lost SMFA Cup Championship final in GC against a manager using as RM a player which have no RM position at all!! Every single round there is someone who continuous using 3 5 2 with AM as RM/LM and no problems! He's winning. 

Have changed 5 times the interface of the game since I'm playing it and didn't even try to make it more realistic! It's not everything about CSS! Invest some time in backend logic as well!

Might as well forget it. This is happening to me and loads of other members. I have posted a bug report for one of my teams, one many others in the same league have (SMFA Champions Cup fixtures not drawn), and it's been sitting there for a month now. There is either not enough staff, or not enough interest in the multiplayer game coming from SMFA now.

Disillusionment is turning into disinterest the longer this goes on.

Which in turn means waving goodbye to the game once my Gold membership lapses.

bring back the real soccer manager. this is unrealistic now.

now if you have bigger rating team you will win 9 to 10 times. no surprises. lower teams lose with 5-6 goals in the most games. even barcelona, real madrid and bayern in the real life don't win all the time with these scores. and these consicutive wins is rediculus. in one World a team with 93 rating has 15 wins in a row in the first 15 games and 43-0 goals. this is rediculus.

Kev SM., the administrator.

I sold a couple of decent players just before the changes in value and the changes in wages. I am not a player hogger, i have 22 players with a range of ability. I wanted to secure my financial situation and buy cheaper replacements, with lower ability, so my finances were balanced.

Unfortunately, I sold the players before the changes in values and as a result lost a huge amount of money, meaning I bought lesser players, at a higher value that the decent players and my finances are now ruined. I will go bankrupt due to this disparity unless i ruin my squad which i am not willing to do, having played with this teams for 3 years.

Effectively, i lost half the value of two players, and was able to buy one lesser player, to replace them, and my finances are worse than before. The changes have affected players to different levels based purely on the timing of transfers.

Is there any way i can get this monetary value back?

It has actually resulted in teams in my league, who are player hoggers, becoming much stronger compared to my team.

it is simply unfair, and i wondered if the site is even willing to address this issue. thanks john

Kev SM., the administrator.

I sold a couple of decent players just before the changes in value and the changes in wages. I am not a player hogger, i have 22 players with a range of ability. I wanted to secure my financial situation and buy cheaper replacements, with lower ability, so my finances were balanced.

Unfortunately, I sold the players before the changes in values and as a result lost a huge amount of money, meaning I bought lesser players, at a higher value that the decent players and my finances are now ruined. I will go bankrupt due to this disparity unless i ruin my squad which i am not willing to do, having played with this teams for 3 years.

Effectively, i lost half the value of two players, and was able to buy one lesser player, to replace them, and my finances are worse than before. The changes have affected players to different levels based purely on the timing of transfers.

Is there any way i can get this monetary value back?

It has actually resulted in teams in my league, who are player hoggers, becoming much stronger compared to my team.

it is simply unfair, and i wondered if the site is even willing to address this issue. thanks john

I cant believe theres not been a round of 'Chairman Investments' to see teams through this transition period. I know it only supposed to happen at the start of the season but surely it should have happened at the same time of the changes. You hear so many managers hit hard on finances.

That is the very good idea

Additional formations such as 4-2-3-1 narrow and 4-4-2 narrow diamond have been added

i prefer how to
play counter  / tight marking / men behind ball / play offside and target man now it has been hidden it's so worst for me my tactics is always on / off these control it's depend on the against team situation 

I am hopefuly to edit old previous format and see with new version