Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

Dear SM So nice to seen some update formation but i think the old version formation control is very useful example is following i prefer how to play counter / tight marking / men behind ball / play offside and target man now it has been hidden it's so worst for me my tactics is always on / off these control it's depend on the against team situation In the real football life play counter / tight marking / men behind ball / play offside and target man are still using when we know while we see the football match Regards Phyo

Serious increase in 'Sorry an unexpected error has occurred' lately and also the loading screen being so prevalent that the game's almost unplayable at times, I myself end up either having to click away from the loading screen to get it to stop or just give up completely due to refreshing screens constantly & getting nowhere.

Re some of those discussing players playing out of position, I think there's a thread on that already? Please feel free to continue that discussion there and i'll join in and provide a mini update.

Just a quick update (as I know some of you were asking on another thread) re making penalties harsher for those players who play out of position. Well the update was made yesterday and we have increased the penalty. So if a player is played out of position and it displays yellow on the tactics page for example, they will be penalised and won't perform to their full potential.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/152228-new-game-engine-player-positions/page-2

Still waiting for answer from the stuff!

You might get an answer in the thread i've linked. Don't hold your breath though mate. Clearly the update and new engine is a load of guff so they'll sit back and hope you go away

a team with defensive medfielders iniesta and james rodrigues win all the time easily all the teams with 3-5 to 0. how unrealistic will this game become. there is one team in every worlld that wins all the games with large scores. with 20 consecutive wins with crazy goal average like 48-3. the new upgrades destroy soccer manager at all.

Rather quiet of late Steven, what's the latest on the updates front if I can ask?

I'm an ideas man & having played SM since 2006 I don't feel there's been a better time for us the community to at least propose ideas to SM and have people whom can take those ideas on board & potentially have them implemented so I'll continue to bring them here.

Player Contracts vs Morale. Player Concerns & the equations behind it.

Another topic that could well be better suited for another thread on the forum & I will post it there also as it's not exactly correlated with the new UI although has changed since the new UI was introduced.

I understand there's a level of code to working these things which I personally do not know the depth of effort required to work such things & can only propose the idea in which the code would work & hope it's something that could realistically be put in place as with all the ideas on here I guess. 

Previously upon offering contracts to players it could remove their concerns & I understand this is no longer the case & rightly so to a degree. I believe there should not be an easy out of 'Player Concerns' however I believe that new contracts are something which would quite clearly impact upon a players concerns & should possibly be addressed / tinkered with slightly.

A player is concerned because; They are not getting as much playing time as they would like, they are concerned about going / being out on loan. 

I will start by discussing how concerns now appear to work & the flaws that have appeared within them. A player whom is concerned about their playing time / game time is able to sign a new contract which does nothing in regards to their level of concern nor their playing time.

Is it possible that a player who has a concern in regards to playing/game time could be available to negotiate a contract with however they will not effectively sign the deal until criteria is met for that playing/game time?

Example; John Stones has a Level 2 concern about his playing time. The player is currently on £50,000 a week and has been offered a new 5 year contract with a wage of £65,000 a week. Due to the players concern about his playing/game time he will not sign the new contract until he meet's playing time criteria which for example could be; To play 50% of the next 15 league fixtures. Upon doing so / meeting this criteria, he will; sign the new contract & be on £65,000, his Level 2 concern for playing time will be reduced to a Level 1 concern & in turn he will then be looking to play in 50% of the next 10 league fixtures in order to lose his concern for playing time. 

Should John Stones when at a Level 2 concern with the proposed new contract of £65,000 a week not play in the 60% of the next 10 league fixtures requirement, he would reject the contract and remain on £50,000 a week however his concern would rise to a Level 3 concern. At this stage he would then want to play 50% of the next 20 league fixtures in order to drop his concern level and also be in a position to sign a new contract.

Currently I believe the only benefit to offering a player a new contract is to boost their morale, I have however in the last few days found that offering players new contracts in order to boost their morale has actually not boosted their morale at all. Before the recent update I found that if the player had a higher condition rating for example 100% that offering them a new contract would boost their morale level more than if they were at 50% condition for example & so I have used the same principle with the update however even then, with a player for example at 100% condition, 84% morale, offered a 5 year deal for £106,000, an increase from £65,000 they did not receive any boost to morale at all. As a first team player & one of the first names on the team sheet I don't understand why their morale was not boosted. Is this a potential bug?

With the suggestion made above in this post where by meeting criteria would mean a player with concerns would sign a new contract I in general believe that SM would benefit by having criteria made readily available to managers, a level of detail that would take a manager / player relationship to new heights on SM. Players currently sign new contracts no matter what, even if they receive the same wage but a couple of additional years on their deal. This of course is realistic in some circumstances however it is quite rare from what I believe / in my personal experience. I very much believe a level of depth should be added in regards to contracts/morale/concerns of players to reach new heights of realism on SM. I believe that there may be some managers / people of the SM community whom may not wish to see this level of detail introduced however I feel that the general population will welcome this level of strategy to keeping players happy and seeing the rewards of a cohesive team getting results over teams whom may have a higher average rating but do not have the cohesion of their opponents. I believe that morale currently impacts upon match results anyway & assume that this wouldn't be an additional area that would be required to be addressed / improved too much (Match Engine wise). 

I also believe that there is a current flaw in the players who are; 'concerned about being loaned out' - Last season in a game world I had a player out on loan, 85 rated which was below my squad average of 86 get a concern about being loaned out. This player was loaned out in order to ensure they would not get concerned about; 'Not getting enough playing time' because they were too low rated to get into the team over other players. The chairman allows this player to go out on loan due to their rating, why then do they get concerned about being loaned out? This concern is not removed if the player is recalled and taken off of the loan list either so what is the breakdown of how this concern works? It currently appears to be flawed.

Thoughts & opinions in regards to players contracts/morale/concerns are welcome as ever.

I've been one of the biggest proponents of the positive changes that have been made with the new layout, but I have to make my displeasure with one change known - the SM economy. I liked the stadium size increases, but the wage increases have widened the income disparity tremendously and literally have left everyone in our gameworld, 7046 (arguably the most active/popular game world in SM's history), broke and with no funds to make purchases. The result is a dead transfer market, lost interest in the setup, and we've already had several managers quit.

Something needs to be done about this ASAP. I get that the idea was to make money more valuable, but it was already fairly valuable in my opinion. The wage changes have made it an impossible commodity to hold onto, and the debt that has set in has had several terrible consequences for the setup. SM have to find a way to put more cash into managers' hands or scale back the new wage structure. If no changes are made, the effect on setups across SM Worlds could be disastrous.

IIRC someone else in this thread mentioned the downside of removing the Not Available transfer designation and over the last few weeks I have to say I tend to agree with them.

Whilst the theoretical reason for the removal (stimulating transfers) is commendable the actual reality is that the removal of the Not Available option has given the idiots carte blanche to make totally unrealistic offers for players who aren't even transfer listed.

Even when you explain via PM that the player in question is not for sale they still come back with offers along the lines of a couple of 34 year old low to mid 80's rated players and a pile of cash for young 93+ rated players and this action tends to happen over and over again.

It's not a good 'improvement' to the game IMHO.

The dropdown menu from where you select your team at the navbar should have a scroll so you can change your teams because you cannot go from one to another team without getting back to homepage

Also what I did notice is that you guys have removed the In-Game Instructions

What caused that change?

And after today's games 2 more managers using players not on proper position get easy wins against my teams.......Viva la new ME....NOT! SM you're loosing managers(money) and doing nothing? Great marketing strategy! 

You do realise don't you that Steve has asked countless times in this very thread (try page 25 for example) for people to post about the players positions in a separate thread? He's even provided the link to the thread in question. 

Could we get the list of formations in the tactics screen set numerically so that it's easily to find formations & such as it's currently the most tedious thing to try and find the formation you want at times.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_13_at_17_59_23.jpg

If it was set with the formations that play 3 at the back first then the 4 then the 5 that'd be fantastic. The first formation would be 3-1-3-3 (top left) with 5-4-1B being the one at the end (bottom right). 

Is it still worth us posting these suggestions, faults & issues here Steven? Haven't heard anything for a while now.

This joke with values of the players and wages has to stop. two days ago Calhanoglu valued 20 m., yesterday 24 m. and today again 20 m. this is rediculus. all the teams has now negative balance or they sold all the good players to have positive balance. the new upgrades make the strong teams even strongers and the weak teams even weaker. and what to say about the new game engine. all the strong teams win all the games even they played with james rodrigues and iniesta as defensive midfielders. reject the new updates, bring back the full previous version of the game and then begin a step by step improving of the game. category by category with proposes of the players.

the game was better before the update. that's the true and now is a mess. all the teams loses money except the big teams which have more incomes. a user friendly, competitive game now is an comfused, unrealistic without competitivenes game if you aren't a 93 rating team. even you have a 92 rating team you lose easy 3-0 from a 93 rating team which plays with james and iniesta as defensive midfielders. this isnt the better to approach mopre players.

Evening Guys, just to let you know we have been discussing the feedback that you have been giving us, which we do appreciate you doing. As a result of this, we are going to make some changes based on your feedback, which we hope to have in the test GWs in the near future. We will keep you updated with the specifics in due course. Cheers 

When viewing a report to SMFA in the new interface by opening an already created ticket the ticket seems to be empty.... one has to switch to the old UI in order to see the text.

Also, overview/history does not open and produces an error.  :wub:

Evening Guys, just to let you know we have been discussing the feedback that you have been giving us, which we do appreciate you doing. As a result of this, we are going to make some changes based on your feedback, which we hope to have in the test GWs in the near future. We will keep you updated with the specifics in due course. Cheers 

No one will play the game in near future

I've been one of the biggest proponents of the positive changes that have been made with the new layout, but I have to make my displeasure with one change known - the SM economy. I liked the stadium size increases, but the wage increases have widened the income disparity tremendously and literally have left everyone in our gameworld, 7046 (arguably the most active/popular game world in SM's history), broke and with no funds to make purchases. The result is a dead transfer market, lost interest in the setup, and we've already had several managers quit.

Something needs to be done about this ASAP. I get that the idea was to make money more valuable, but it was already fairly valuable in my opinion. The wage changes have made it an impossible commodity to hold onto, and the debt that has set in has had several terrible consequences for the setup. SM have to find a way to put more cash into managers' hands or scale back the new wage structure. If no changes are made, the effect on setups across SM Worlds could be disastrous.

Why not make the rest of the wage system more realistic, by only getting paid once a week instead twice a week, after all Messi in real life Comes out with £256K after tax no matter if his team plays 1,2 or 3 games in a week

Hope to God this is a bug becusse if it's not then it's 100% the opposite of what it's supposed to do....

What sense is there in this.. my Real Madrid team, team value is 1,125.5 MILLION (OVER A BILLION) had about 7-8mil in the bank, then chairman news he's invested 32.7 mil.... NOTHING at Lazio (a D2 side) and I've talked to a few managers down here in D2 and NO investment from their chairman either..... How in the name of God is this right??? 32 MIL to a club that clearly dosent need it and a D2 with a balance of 134k yes k...... Gets nothing?

Can't wait to here the explaintion on this one, we were assured that these changes were to increase competitiveness...

Obviously these 2 clubs are not in the same GW but the principal is the same, the rich are rewarded and the clubs with nothing get just that.... Nothing

Hope to God this is a bug becusse if it's not then it's 100% the opposite of what it's supposed to do....

What sense is there in this.. my Real Madrid team, team value is 1,125.5 MILLION (OVER A BILLION) had about 7-8mil in the bank, then chairman news he's invested 32.7 mil.... NOTHING at Lazio (a D2 side) and I've talked to a few managers down here in D2 and NO investment from their chairman either..... How in the name of God is this right??? 32 MIL to a club that clearly dosent need it and a D2 with a balance of 134k yes k...... Gets nothing?

Can't wait to here the explaintion on this one, we were assured that these changes were to increase competitiveness...

Obviously these 2 clubs are not in the same GW but the principal is the same, the rich are rewarded and the clubs with nothing get just that.... Nothing

Just heard that 2 of the best teams in D1 both received cash injections of 50mil today in the GW where I and others with far worse squads than mine in D2 received nothing....

Absolute joke of a system, it works the exact opposite of how it should be, tell me how giving the best teams in the league 50mil improves competitiveness?  

IIRC someone else in this thread mentioned the downside of removing the Not Available transfer designation and over the last few weeks I have to say I tend to agree with them.

Whilst the theoretical reason for the removal (stimulating transfers) is commendable the actual reality is that the removal of the Not Available option has given the idiots carte blanche to make totally unrealistic offers for players who aren't even transfer listed.

Even when you explain via PM that the player in question is not for sale they still come back with offers along the lines of a couple of 34 year old low to mid 80's rated players and a pile of cash for young 93+ rated players and this action tends to happen over and over again.

It's not a good 'improvement' to the game IMHO.

I'm quoting myself again because since originally posting my concerns and views 10 days ago this whole transfer availability issue has got a whole lot worse and IMO is out of hand and as I mentioned previously it has given the lunatics and idiots free rein to make wholly unrealistic offers

I reject the offers with "I do not want to sell this player" only for them to come back time and time again, so I drop them a PM (in English and also their own language) explaining why it's been rejected = that's ignored, I try to drop them another PM = I'm blocked by them, so I try the leagues News section = no response and thus the transfer offers keep coming in.

Yes I could in theory ignore the offer and it will drop off, but in certain leagues if one manager makes a bid on a player then it generates a whole raft of offers from others managers, and also if I let the offer drop off just as soon as that's been auto rejected due to time the manager is back making another offer!  

It's a form of WUM / spamming / trolling which 1) which wasn't part of the SM game previously when minimum fees / player availability options were there, and 2) it doesn't paint this game in a very good light.  

That sounds like a bug and i'd report it in-game so that our support team can look into it.

the new value, wage, balance system is a clear mess. the chairmans invest in strong teams money to make them even stronger. when two teams bid for an external player the chairman's max is now the same for all. so all the teams bid the same amount. and the player always goes to the team with the higher rating. again the stronger teams takes the players and become stronger. how is this good for the competitiveness. the strong teams has all the players, all the money and win all the games. they loan all the players they don't need for the season and they don't lose so much money from wages.

so the new system make the strong teams stronger and the weak teams weaker. bring back the previous value/wage system.it was better and fairer. the champs was more competitive before and the weak teams had money to buy stronger players.

That sounds like a bug and i'd report it in-game so that our support team can look into it.

The same happened in Custom GW "LEAGUE of LEGENDS" (ID: 239645). Strongest teams received a cash injection of 50M at the start of the season. My little squad received nothing despite promotion from 2nd Div to 1st Div. The owner of GW agree with this words, so contact him before taking anll decision needed please.

Thank you.