Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

This cash injection thing for the big teams has been happening in all GW's, I even mentioned it a page or so back about it happening in a couple of the GW's I'm in.

The chat feature for the past week or 2 has been horrendous and basically dysfunctional at best on the new UI. A week or so ago it was completely useless as it wouldn't load and would instead just state that 0 People were online & that it was 'Loading' this happened for a few days. 

A few days back it appeared to work again and also appeared to have been fixed in that all the chat text fit on screen for the first time I believe since the new UI was released. 

Now however it's back to it's dysfunctional ways and just displays the 'Who is Online' box which you cannot click nor open in anyway and therefore cannot access the chat. It did this on Monday and would load after roughly 20/30 mins of inactivity / loading however since Monday I haven't actually see it load or open once.

This cash injection thing for the big teams has been happening in all GW's, I even mentioned it a page or so back about it happening in a couple of the GW's I'm in.

The chat feature for the past week or 2 has been horrendous and basically dysfunctional at best on the new UI. A week or so ago it was completely useless as it wouldn't load and would instead just state that 0 People were online & that it was 'Loading' this happened for a few days. 

A few days back it appeared to work again and also appeared to have been fixed in that all the chat text fit on screen for the first time I believe since the new UI was released. 

Now however it's back to it's dysfunctional ways and just displays the 'Who is Online' box which you cannot click nor open in anyway and therefore cannot access the chat. It did this on Monday and would load after roughly 20/30 mins of inactivity / loading however since Monday I haven't actually see it load or open once.

I barely read this thread anymore but I myself have seen it mentioned a couple of times. I was wondering are people using the new UI or mainly the older version now me pesonally have stuck with the old one anyone else or has everyone moved on now?

I barely read this thread anymore but I myself have seen it mentioned a couple of times. I was wondering are people using the new UI or mainly the older version now me pesonally have stuck with the old one anyone else or has everyone moved on now?

i use the old version too. the new one is a mess. and generally the changes in value/wage system, the new match engine etc make the game worst and not competitive. it helps the strong teams and destroy the weaker teams.

Oh no....

It gets better.....

Tonight, my Lazio team lost 2-0, nothing wrong with that, used to loosing at this stage.... Read the match report, the usual 'his keeper MOTM' craps that I seen about 20 times last season, so thinking to myself yawn here we go again, first game of the new season kicks off as last one was...

But

Turns out that SM (I have checked about 1000 times, I do not have any instructions whatsoever at 45) decided to CHANGE MY FORMATION FOR ME!!!!!! after 45 mins.... Obviously this means I have players out I'd position, and whatever subs I had made later had been altered position wise...

Now I've had a strong team in D2 for last 3 seasons and almost getting relegated last 2 seasons, in most other GWs I do reasonably well so I couldn't figure out why this was happening....

So I can't say for how long SM has been changing my team formation after 45 mins... Oh and just in case SM might thing I made a mistake....

It's happened to another player in the GW also, he could not believe it either....

This is an utter joke

I gave up the game for the few days that the new UI was in place, and it costs me in many GWs. Been using the older UI except for managing my own GW (which smartly you can't do on the old UI). I believe almost all the older users are using the old UI. The game will suffer once they eventually switch to the new UI. 

I spent money and soccermanager wont even reply what a joke

to be fair mate, they aren't likely to answer your question. think you could find the answer under the Help section. I've never sent credits myself, but i know that you'll need to add that guy as a friend (I think) and when you click on the username there will be an option to Send SM Credits. Hope this helps.

Oh for the love of Christ.... Another complaint today....

I've a bid accepted on a player (click on his name, 1.5mil bid accepted) click on transfers and all transfers and there are 3 out of the 4 bids accepted showing and GUESS WHICH ONE IS MISSING!!!! .

FFS lads What the hell did ye do to the game, the list of complaints/bugs grows every day and its becoming more of a chore now than anything else...

He were warned that ye had a great product and this updated facelift craps would mess it up but ye would not listen...

The list of complaints I've come across since this 'upgrade' have been endless....

Someone please address the complaints I've outlined as of late.

This is so frustrating

Here's another broken promise!

During the build up to the re-launch of the 'new and improved' SM it was mentioned by Steve that cheating would be clamped down on and the reporting of and investigating of linked accounts, suspicious activity, cheating would be improved.

Well quelle surprise that's not happened! 

I've reported 2 linked accounts in GM ID: 224990 only to get the utterly pointless automated 'we've taken action blah blah blah' which is clear BS as the linked accounts at still at it! 

Seriously what's the point of 1) promising something that's not going to be delivered? Has anyone at SM ever heard of the business motto about "overpromising and undelivering"?  and 2) why make these UI changes to 'enhance the game' if the fundamental basis are still seriously lacking?

I gave up the game for the few days that the new UI was in place, and it costs me in many GWs. Been using the older UI except for managing my own GW (which smartly you can't do on the old UI). I believe almost all the older users are using the old UI. The game will suffer once they eventually switch to the new UI. 

to be fair mate, they aren't likely to answer your question. think you could find the answer under the Help section. I've never sent credits myself, but i know that you'll need to add that guy as a friend (I think) and when you click on the username there will be an option to Send SM Credits. Hope this helps.

cheers mates but this on the new version the option is not there i cant even revert to the old version

Just logged into a Gold GW tonight to see how my Swiss side got on in the Quarter final of the cup and guess what I see right smack in the middle of the 'Overview' page that opens first? MY NEXT MATCH WILL BE THE CUP SEMI FINAL !! Guess I won then lol.

Seriously though, in situations like this the next match should not be advertised until the player has had the chance to watch that nights fixture.

Just logged into a Gold GW tonight to see how my Swiss side got on in the Quarter final of the cup and guess what I see right smack in the middle of the 'Overview' page that opens first? MY NEXT MATCH WILL BE THE CUP SEMI FINAL !! Guess I won then lol.

Seriously though, in situations like this the next match should not be advertised until the player has had the chance to watch that nights fixture.

Also quite annoying is you being able to see player messages of injuries and suspensions prior to watching the match. Will most definitely ruin the experience if this is the case when the 2d match is available in smw.

Well a positive that in the last hour or so the latest update changes have been implemented which in include the 'new' homepage with the duel club & news feed messages with the managers list placed above along with the 'Clubs taken' total which looks very neat. Also good to see that flagging messages on the news feed is introduced although how likely it'll be that all messages flagged will be checked is up for debate.

A separate tab for the schedule is very handy & is much easier to navigate to and between especially in regards to arranging friendlies and such which was a bit of a ball ache prior. Looks like a slight font change on the rating digits as well as players & club badges being presented in tidy boxes everywhere now which feels like a change somewhat to what it was prior. The 'Records' within the manager tab is a good move as this kind of information is a start to a lot more club related information I would like to see / have proposed in this thread in the past. 

On the 'Game World' tab the 'Overview / History' tab still doesn't work and so far the loading times have gotten worse yet having also slowed down somewhat in the past month I feel. 

A step in the right direction though, clearly it's going to take a long time for everything to be updated, improved & such but a step in the right direction in my opinion. 

please stop this joke with the new value system. it's going to be rediculus.

one day a player valued 12 m., tomorrow 14 m. and after 2 days again 12 m. and after 4 days 10 m. it's tiring.

all the teams lose money all the time with the new value/wage system. bring back the previous system and if you create a good one you replace it. but now is a failure and destroy the teams and the game. many managers has quit because their teams has now negative balances with -40 m and more. this isn't a good update.

Hate the update, I'm guessing that's why a lot of managers have been leaving recently. Could be the end of my time on soccer manager which is a shame. Why change what isn't broken? We're people crying out for wholesale changes???

Give people the choice of interfaces.

Just to add my twopenneth, for what it's worth (which is probably next to nothing, even though I've been playing since 2008, and been a paying Gold member for a few years, too).

As a few people have mentioned in this thread already, the changes to the economy - and in particular wages - do seem to be too much and unfair, especially to smaller clubs.

While I can see how increased wages this will help to reduce player hogging, my little Grimsby Town side in EC2, for example, who I took from bottom of D4 (with all 78-rated players) to D1 and numerous cup wins, will soon have to sell most of my best players just to break even. This is despite a relatively large stadium increase.

This change is so bad I actually reported it as a bug, thinking either it was only affecting me, or that players were getting paid twice a week by mistake, only to be told that's exactly what is supposed to be happening!

I don't know who SM consulted before making these changes, but I'm beginning to think it was my wife, who will be delighted to see me quit!

Just watched my match report from tonight and all I got when the teams had a shot was a load of code.... what's going on??

Presume that it's to do with the 2D engine? Accidentally been left in place in those game worlds that haven't had any 2D introduced yet.

I survived the UI (i'm using the old one and that's all), i survived the economy (if you manage Twente for 11 seasons, you're actually used to financial problems...) , i survived obtaining 0 from my chairman and seeing top teams receiving up to 50 millions, i survived seeing my stadium obtaining the amazing amount of 500 new places no matter i was promoted to 2nd DIV (and Twente's stadium is one of the smallest in my GW) , with other teams obtaining thousands of new seats.

I am used to have problems at Twente and somehow i made it being competitive for 11 seasons, with a lot of young talented players, cup finals, etc etc etc.

I survived everything so far. But what happened this morning broke me.

I had some bids for some external players and this morning bids should have been accepted. Since i was the only one bidding for them,they would have been mine as soon as accepted,ar mininum fee. This is important for me,i can't afford auctions. Everything went fine,but..

For 2 of them , for the first time in 4 years, i've read "transfer was refused etc etc" by the external teams, for no reason. No club change, no rating change, no position change, no SMFA problems, i had the money to buy them,etc.

Simply, the 2 external teams had decided they didn't want to sell me the players. At least, in the single player they have the decency to answer that the bid is too low and they refuse it..

I asked around and other managers told me this is happening everywhere and that it's unclear who wins the auctions, now. In the meanwhile, other teams discovered those 2 players and now it's an auction. Will i obtain the players that were virtually mine? I don't know.

What i know is that i can't compete in auctions with other teams that received 50 millions euros from their chairman because every body can bid the same , but the more money you have, the more you can bid (did you read "Animal farm" perhaps? "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others" ? ) It's simple. And only top teams receive money.

But it's not the main problem : the main problem is "what happened to transfer system?" If external teams can decide if they want to sell you a player or not, you've simply destroyed everything my team was based on.

Because i survived everything and build a decent team since i'm a good scout and i can spot players before the others, buying them at minimum fee before the hype. If the external team refuses to complete the transfer, i have no other weapons to fight the top clubs.

Since the match engine is not reliable (i don't know about the new one but i have some doubt...) , the only thing that required real human talent was the scouting ability. If now it's up to the game to decide if your team is good enough to have the player, everything is gone for me.

:(

I survived the UI (i'm using the old one and that's all), i survived the economy (if you manage Twente for 11 seasons, you're actually used to financial problems...) , i survived obtaining 0 from my chairman and seeing top teams receiving up to 50 millions, i survived seeing my stadium obtaining the amazing amount of 500 new places no matter i was promoted to 2nd DIV (and Twente's stadium is one of the smallest in my GW) , with other teams obtaining thousands of new seats.

I am used to have problems at Twente and somehow i made it being competitive for 11 seasons, with a lot of young talented players, cup finals, etc etc etc.

I survived everything so far. But what happened this morning broke me.

I had some bids for some external players and this morning bids should have been accepted. Since i was the only one bidding for them,they would have been mine as soon as accepted,ar mininum fee. This is important for me,i can't afford auctions. Everything went fine,but..

For 2 of them , for the first time in 4 years, i've read "transfer was refused etc etc" by the external teams, for no reason. No club change, no rating change, no position change, no SMFA problems, i had the money to buy them,etc.

Simply, the 2 external teams had decided they didn't want to sell me the players. At least, in the single player they have the decency to answer that the bid is too low and they refuse it..

I asked around and other managers told me this is happening everywhere and that it's unclear who wins the auctions, now. In the meanwhile, other teams discovered those 2 players and now it's an auction. Will i obtain the players that were virtually mine? I don't know.

What i know is that i can't compete in auctions with other teams that received 50 millions euros from their chairman because every body can bid the same , but the more money you have, the more you can bid (did you read "Animal farm" perhaps? "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others" ? ) It's simple. And only top teams receive money.

But it's not the main problem : the main problem is "what happened to transfer system?" If external teams can decide if they want to sell you a player or not, you've simply destroyed everything my team was based on.

Because i survived everything and build a decent team since i'm a good scout and i can spot players before the others, buying them at minimum fee before the hype. If the external team refuses to complete the transfer, i have no other weapons to fight the top clubs.

Since the match engine is not reliable (i don't know about the new one but i have some doubt...) , the only thing that required real human talent was the scouting ability. If now it's up to the game to decide if your team is good enough to have the player, everything is gone for me.

:(

I had 4th lowest stadia in top division it's been increased 2 to 3 times approx 16-17k but as others have to which haven't had similar success or just been promoted I now have second lowest stadia. Now i'm not that concerned as it's adequate at around 34-36k seats now it just doesn't seem like it should have worked out in that way.

Does anyone actually have any degree of certainty how the heck the free agent system or external bids work if 2 or more clubs bid the same as it's like i'm on tv show mythbusters as all my theories so far have been squashed. Not to mention that some random manager can on one day bid almost tripple what you and everyone else can.

It would have been far less complicated and much less of a mess if it were reverted back to being able to bid whatever you wanted well upto 99m for free agents.

Lastly I sent a ticket explaining that on my last matchday Y.Malli rated 88 was rated 87 on the match report only to be told no bug experts analyse ratings check the help section your ticket is now closed this was a few days ago Malli was rated in December or before. I also mentioned subs not being used were appearing with a match rating of 9-10 but clearly it's not a bug. I almost feel embarrassed but I don't know who for the person who replied or the fact SM hired him/her unless they've been told to do it on purpose. That wouldn't surprise me I wholeheartedly have never witnessed such bad customer service in my life. 

Not lastly but now i have tried to return to a gold championship 1 only one worth participating in in my opinion had been waiting for maybe a month not to long for a German club to become free to be told by your inadequate CPS that i have a club already or i am linked to another account. It's funny that 1 I quit my club just over halway through the season and have zero linked accounts. Whats more funny same account same gameword a few years ago i had a club i left after failed promotion and it said they were unmanaged but no one could take them over and I was still being credited as the manager on my account getting manager points which when i noticed this i reported it and if i remember correctly i could be wrong never got dealt with until I contacted one of the Dev team indirectly through ex forum supervisor.

134 days on GM i used to just buy it to support the game i'd rarely over the years venture into gc1  now i just wouldn't. I know i'm not owed anything or should expect anything but I feel let down. *cries* all emotionally no but i dunno why just do feel let down from the above but not just by the above there's a whole lot more from how the forum was destroyed to the behind the scenes stuff to how long term admins and great might i say legendary ones at that were treated and left. 

So many bad decisions have been made in the sense of what the players of the game loved the community feeling has also gone th

it feels like the soul has been ripped out but it's clearly making more money but the motto "To Make The Best Management Game'' seems like it's took a backseat to money and I guess you can't knock that when the vast majority in that position would do the same but some things are inexcusable. I ask myself why i still play it i still enjoy it to a extent but it's more to do with having my clubs for YEARS and the people i know from within those two worlds.

There are positives and Big ones at that it's just the many negatives are outweighing them.

If i had millions i'd have thrown money at the people who run the game in the first 5 years as it could have been the best management game single and multi the way it's run now and the way it plays now (not match engine) as if anything there was a microscopic change from what i and others i've spoken to have seen now goodluck because if that's actually the dream the motto your a extraordinary long way off track at this point but again the dreams really the money i guess.

Yes i am bitter :=)

I had 4th lowest stadia in top division it's been increased 2 to 3 times approx 16-17k but as others have to which haven't had similar success or just been promoted I now have second lowest stadia. Now i'm not that concerned as it's adequate at around 34-36k seats now it just doesn't seem like it should have worked out in that way.

I am fine with having a small stadium...but the problem rises when it's not possibile to understand how they decide whose stadia are improved and of how much. We had Malaga (winner of DIV3) having +900 seats. Twente (third in DIV 3 and promoted after play offs) having +450 seats. Villarreal (8th in DIV3 , so out of playoffs) having +5000 seats. And so on.

Result, after being promoted in 2nd DIV: I have the 59th stadium on 60 (a month ago i had the 50th on 60 ,more or less. But now i'm a division above...) , just a bunch of seats above Villarreal (which remained in DIV3), thousands of seats less of other small teams still in DIV 3. Ok, i'm fine. But why

Does anyone actually have any degree of certainty how the heck the free agent system or external bids work if 2 or more clubs bid the same as it's like i'm on tv show mythbusters as all my theories so far have been squashed. Not to mention that some random manager can on one day bid almost tripple what you and everyone else can.

This is the problem SM has always had: it's everything so unclear, so foggy, so misterious. Mythbusters? Naah, we need Man In Black combined to X Files agents to understand how this game works, actually. 

It's not a national security matter, it's a game. Which is the algorithm that calculates how the stadia are improved? the one for player rating in match (my guess: at random). The one for morale and condition effect in match (my guess: no one) ? the one for audience cap (as Steven said in the blog, each team as a default cap, which is modified by the season result, more or less) ?  My huge 33k seats stadium had a 24k average this season, and it has been the best season ever for me, 3rd place is my record so far. What i have to do to have a 33k average? The algorithm that decides who i can send on loan (years ago i had just 89 players and i could loan 88. Now i have even 91 players but i'm capped to 86...) ? The algorithm that decides which is the winning bid? 

And, last but not least. Does external teams refuse offers, now? Why? How? 

The player i was talking about was virtually mine. Now we have 3 bids. How does this improve my game experience? Perhaps it helps other managers, since it may happen that they will obtain the player, not me. But, again. I'm Twente manager, not Real Madrid one. Do i really need more and more problems to improve my game experience?

Seriously, i'm thinking about giving up, this time. I don't mind the challenge. I don't mind difficulties. I receveid one of the worst teams in the league and i worked hard to improve it. 

But this thing of randomly refused offers is too much.