Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

Hate the new interface , sure it looks pretty but but it's rubbish to play. I've been playing SM for 10 years and I find it almost unplayable. I keep trying to get onto the old interface on my I pad but it keep defaulting to the new. Doesn't give me the option to switch to the old. I love SM , I was the first player to make it to 1000 manager points in the history of the game, but I hate this new interface with a passion. Give us the option to switch no matter what device we are on PLEASE I'm begging.

Alright Chaps, following on from feedback we have received regarding the new Interface, we have made numerous changes over the last few months which you should have all noticed. What I am looking for now would be for you to provide me with feedback around the New Interface Specifically as to what you like and do not like and highlight any issues that you may be facing. Again as pointed out before, I am looking for constructive feedback only. 

Alright Chaps, following on from feedback we have received regarding the new Interface, we have made numerous changes over the last few months which you should have all noticed. What I am looking for now would be for you to provide me with feedback around the New Interface Specifically as to what you like and do not like and highlight any issues that you may be facing. Again as pointed out before, I am looking for constructive feedback only. 

how many times do people have to say ' we want the old interface'?

that is clear and constructive.

it would take far too long to say what the problems with the new interface are, most don't have time or the inclination to go through it all.

The best solution for those that play the game, is to do away with all so called improvements and go back to how it was at the end of October and then start talking to your long term users on how to improve the game.

The big question is ' would sm rather keep on losing managers rather than admit it has all been a mistake'?

The ability to browse through players using set parameters is now unusable as the parameters reset after a few pages.

The whole layout is messed up on certain devices. On my Galaxy s6 I can only see the header and then scroll down an absolute mile to see my friends list. Totally unusable

The absolute mess in rolling out this update. I was vocal when it first came around last year but it seems nothing has actually improve.

The option for switching to the old interface is still available UFN to managers who played the game prior to the introduction of the new UI. Are any of you still experiencing issues in switching between the interfaces?

Just checked and this is STILL happening.... sort it out lads, results we just brutal and I've a really good team for Division 2, not being funny but I should be top 2-3 and down near relegation.

Obviously subs are important to alleviate concerns......

Incredibly frustrating

Is ANYONE from SM even going to acknowledge this as an issue.... I found a resolution but that far from the point. I'm convinced my results have suffered massively since a these updates were introduced, had I not stumbled upon the problem I would have continued to get terrible results (they have much improved since I fixed the issue)

Again, I stress I was not the only one in the GW to have this problem, in fact it happened to quite a few managers. Please check your results for 45-60-75 mins to see if your formation/tactics/instructions have been interfered with by SM, check both mobile and laptop...

I've posted this issue 3-4 times now and the complete lack kg response from anyone SM related is disgraceful.

Is ANYONE from SM even going to acknowledge this as an issue.... I found a resolution but that far from the point. I'm convinced my results have suffered massively since a these updates were introduced, had I not stumbled upon the problem I would have continued to get terrible results (they have much improved since I fixed the issue)

Again, I stress I was not the only one in the GW to have this problem, in fact it happened to quite a few managers. Please check your results for 45-60-75 mins to see if your formation/tactics/instructions have been interfered with by SM, check both mobile and laptop...

I've posted this issue 3-4 times now and the complete lack kg response from anyone SM related is disgraceful.

happened to me for the first time in (thankfully) a pre season friendly. My assistant manager attempted to field a better side due to out of position players. Despite the team being fine.

happened to me for the first time in (thankfully) a pre season friendly. My assistant manager attempted to field a better side due to out of position players. Despite the team being fine.

I'm pretty sure that is something else.... the assistant steps in to change out of position players,unfit players etc...

What I'm taking about is SM CHANGING my tactics at 45 mins without any instruction to do so on my part! I double checked and I never had anything set up for 45 mins...

Further investigation led to deleting the old subs on LAPTOP on the older interface and setting them up again from scratch on the TABLET using the new interface and that seems to have sorted it...

But, I would never had spotted this had my results been so terrible for so long, despite having one of the best teams in the league...

And again, I was not the only one, I pointed it out to the GW in question and it happened to quite a number of other managers....

It's obviously tied into how the subs/tactical changes were carried over when the new interface was introduced, seems like its something else that SM have messed up

He's right i'm afraid whoever said ''We Want Old Interface'' i'm sorry it must feel like you've wasted time and more so money on the new UI but no matter what you do unless everything loads like the old UI and uses less clicks it's not going to be good enough regardless how good the new UI looks to the old one. If you can exactly mimic how the old UI is whilst keeping EVERYTHING then yes the new UI will be as good but you pretty much nailed it last time so it's not going to be better.

Speaking amongst the community within a popular custom game world there are a few issues that have been raised & areas for improvement that myself & others still believe need to be addressed. 

• Ability to invite people to a Game World - When trying to add managers on the old interface you were able to search & invite managers to game worlds. Currently on the new UI when searching for friends 'Find Friends' on your profile the only way of adding people is via their email or Facebook which is frustrating as you cannot add people to your friends list by searching for them. An example issue this has caused is within a custom game world when looking to invite a new manager in we are unable to add them via a search & then invite them unless we know their email or use Facebook. These 2 methods are very social based & in some cases private information that people do not want to give out. Adding the option of searching for a person needs to be addressed & maybe fully returned to the ability to search through everyone on SM like it was prior.
  • Inbox / Manager Profiles - When you have been sent a PM / Inbox you are currently unable to click on the manager here in order to go onto their profile which would be a very handy addition.
  • Home / Overview Layout - The change in the past week has seen a few things jump around the home / overview page along the top which looks untidy & also doesn't fit the page properly with the top of the text missing. Moving the countdown & calendar over to the right hand side of the page would remove the big hole that has appeared; Screen_Shot_2016_03_03_at_16_21_39.jpg
  • Pinned News Feed - Would it perhaps be possible for a Game World owner to pin a message they post to the top of the news feed so that it doesn't get bumped down etc. 1 message that would be changeable, it could literally be the owner saying 'Welcome to such & such' or they could here put information in regards to in game world rules such as a Youth Cup being arranged etc. This would be such a simple but great addition to the new UI & I know there have been hundreds of game worlds created & promoted over the years where unique rules have made said game worlds their own, being able to put rules at the top of your own game world so that everyone knows them new or old would be amazing. There is also a fair few examples where being able to use a link in this message would be great in order to allow game world members to use the link for blogs or Facebook pages which are a big part of these game worlds. I know & understand why links aren't allowed however allowing 1 link to be placed in this 'pinned topic' on the news feed by game world owners only would be amazing.
  • Mini League Table - I always found it useful to have the League table in game worlds readily available & believe there are 2 locations that would be great for it to be implemented but 1 which would be perfect if any. On the tactics page we have all this great information such as; next opponent, date, time, scout opposition, match preview, last fixtures etc but it would be great if a league table were placed underneath the tactics / lineup pitch. On the left hand side, especially with big squads you have a list of player names but an empty space on the right hand side. The below example is of a squad of just 50 players; Screen_Shot_2016_03_03_at_16_42_18.jpg

Its hard to reply to this without coming across as an ass..... but your comment basically reads like a fishing expedition for good comments regarding the new interface and don't bring up any negatives???

You say you want feedback regarding 'specifically the new interface' but how can this be dne without comparison to the far better (in every way imaginable) older interface....

Don't ask for feedback and limit the parameters of the answers, if you want the truth, its been said, over and over....

older interface is superior..... thats your feedbal

K, but by all means ignore it and tell us again how much bwtter the new one is, with all its exciting bugs and millions of clicks....

Not sure about everyone else but I would be alot more open to the new layout, pages & functions without the garish background. 

Maybe it looks great on the app I have no idea but on a larger screen its really horrible & straight away puts you of spending time in the game. 

Needs to be toned down be it the colour scheme or like on FM fully covered by a lighter translucent menu. 

I'm pretty sure that is something else.... the assistant steps in to change out of position players,unfit players etc...

What I'm taking about is SM CHANGING my tactics at 45 mins without any instruction to do so on my part! I double checked and I never had anything set up for 45 mins...

Further investigation led to deleting the old subs on LAPTOP on the older interface and setting them up again from scratch on the TABLET using the new interface and that seems to have sorted it...

But, I would never had spotted this had my results been so terrible for so long, despite having one of the best teams in the league...

And again, I was not the only one, I pointed it out to the GW in question and it happened to quite a number of other managers....

It's obviously tied into how the subs/tactical changes were carried over when the new interface was introduced, seems like its something else that SM have messed up

Nah its the same kind of issue i believe, as the team i had selected was 100% fit, in position and eligible to play (friendly.) however this feature still randomly kicked in and changed my lineup. Has only happened once, but a huge glitch that was thankfully in a friendly.

Make the font a size or two larger, or just make it the same size as the old layout because reading it at an arms distance is quite hard, keep it at this size and i'll need to get new glasses because i will be squinting to see the words and this is a comparison between an old and new message font, in case you didn't get what i was doing.

Nah its the same kind of issue i believe, as the team i had selected was 100% fit, in position and eligible to play (friendly.) however this feature still randomly kicked in and changed my lineup. Has only happened once, but a huge glitch that was thankfully in a friendly.

Again, I'm pretty certain it's not the same thing!

I'm aware of the role of the assistant manager and it had nothing to do with fitness levels or player position, hell I didn't even have ANY instructions set for 45 mins, ever! And I got wholesale changes instruction wise... I brought it to the attention of the game world and its happens quite a lot.....

Assistant managers make changes before the game if players are badly unfit or badly out of position. This is a whole other ball game and I would once again encourage everyone to check your 45-60-75 min in the results section regardless if you have tactical changes or not...

Check both tablet and laptop (old Gui)

Again let us use the old interface no matter what device we are on. Ipad phone etc. At the moment if I'm forced onto the new interface I just turn it off and play somthing else. The new interface looks ok but I don't give a rats ass about how it looks it plays . And this is coming from a player with 10 years experience on SM.

Again, I'm pretty certain it's not the same thing!

I'm aware of the role of the assistant manager and it had nothing to do with fitness levels or player position, hell I didn't even have ANY instructions set for 45 mins, ever! And I got wholesale changes instruction wise... I brought it to the attention of the game world and its happens quite a lot.....

Assistant managers make changes before the game if players are badly unfit or badly out of position. This is a whole other ball game and I would once again encourage everyone to check your 45-60-75 min in the results section regardless if you have tactical changes or not...

Check both tablet and laptop (old Gui)

None of my players are unfit or out of position, I set my tactics, with PERFECTLY FINE POSITIONS AND FITNESSES. and the assitant manager stepped in. This feature is a big glitch as nothing at all was wrong with the team i fielded and my entire team was altered. Issue stands.