Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i play soccermanager since 2006... i´ve been here for 2 days trying to play...  but...   it´s more complicated it´s slower it´s annoying  players in yellow it´s an unconnected new feature... ple

Yep. My league has been going since 2012 and Redsky (who you quoted) along with Trion who posted just below you have been with the league from the start. Redsky started in Division 2 and Trion started

Here's my SM story: Joined in Jan 2015, but only seriously started in April. I'm still in Brookfield PL, the first custom I joined.    I love this game. Helps me to keep on track with RL football a

None of my players are unfit or out of position, I set my tactics, with PERFECTLY FINE POSITIONS AND FITNESSES. and the assitant manager stepped in. This feature is a big glitch as nothing at all was wrong with the team i fielded and my entire team was altered. Issue stands.

But did your issue happen before or during the match?

My reason for knowing that it wasn't the assistant manager was because no players were subbed or moved... it was simply instructional changes

I think it was a crossover of the subs on the old interface going into the new one...

Alright Chaps, "following on from feedback" we have received regarding the new Interface, we have made numerous changes over the last few months which you should have all noticed. What I am looking for now would be for you "to provide me with feedback" around the New Interface "Specifically" as to what you like and do not like and highlight any issues that you may be facing. Again as pointed out before, I am "looking for constructive feedback only".

Alright Kev, following your last words, I have some critics to you & your Dev Team.

First, your words of "following on feedback". My question is "WHICH FEEDBACK?". I only saw numerous changes at CUSTOMING YOUR LAYOUT with ADDING SQUARE BUTTON, and some kind of it. How about changes IN FUNCTIONS, SPEED ACCESS, EASY SORTING VIEW IN ALL LIST, QUICK UPDATE INFORMATION IN THE GAME, CONSISTENCY SYNCRONIZATION BETWEEN OLD & NEW UI? Not yet, right?

Second, "to provide you with feedback". My question is "WHICH FEEDBACK THAT I & MANY USERS WRITTEN IN THIS FORUM, WERE NOT CLEAR TO YOU?" Should I multi-quote all my long feedbacks again? Then, after me & many users giving you a lot of feedbacks here, WHAT PERCENTAGE thst you would LISTENING TO OUR VOICES & FEEDBACKS? We saw that you PREFER TO LISTEN TO YOUR OWN MIND & EGO!!

Third, "specifically" & "for constructive feedback". My question is "WHICH ONE OF MANY FEEDBACKS WERE NOT SPECIFIC & NOT CONSTRUCTIVE HERE?" Please read again all long feedbacks in this forum. Besides, all feedback that you dislike, that containing disappointment, emotion and the rage of the gold member has been removed entirely by you or your team, right?

"Your Favorite" New UI NEED MANY HOURS TO WORK WITH, and NOTICE that EVERY BUTTON SHOULD WAIT FOR ±1-2 SECONDS BEFORE WORK FOR APPROPRIATE/PROPER ACTIONS. Also SCREEN OFTEN "INTO GREY or BLUR", CANNOT CLICK ANYTHING & MUST REFRESH FROM BROWSER & STARTING BACK FROM MY HOME. "OFTEN" means MANY TIMES.

This were kind of works that I SHOULD DO MANUALLY that NOT EFFICIENT in NEW UI, but provide very good in old UI :

1. CALCULATING "ON GOING/PENDING" TOTAL FEE FOR "TRANSFER-IN & OUT".

2. FITNESS CONDITION IN TACTICAL & SQUAD VIEW WERE DIFFERENT. 100% IN TACTICAL, BUT 70% IN SQUAD. NOTICE : THIS HAPPEN AFTER MANY UPDATE FOR NEW UI.

3. PLAYER SEARCH CANNOT BE SORT & CANNOT SEE WHO WERE IN BIDS WHETHER FOR LOAN/TRANSFER. NO MORE TRANSFER WAR STRATEGY. LIST VIEW RESULT IS A MUST!!!!!

4. SOCCER WIKI LINK NOT DIRECTLY TO PLAYER'S PROFILE, BUT TO CLUB'S PROFILE.

5. RENEWING CONTRACT NOT UPDATE QUICKLY IN SQUAD VIEW OR PLAYER PROFILE, CHECK MANUALLY WHO ALREADY EXTEND & NOT DONE YET. INBOX UPDATE AFTER DID THIS TRICK : MOVE TO ANY OTHER TAB, THEN WAIT FOR ±10 SECONDS (NORMAL TIME), OR ±15-20 SECONDS (LAME/PITIFUL TIME), THEN GO BACK TO TEAM TAB, NOW YOU SEE YOUR INBOX UPDATE.

6. ACCEPTING & REJECTING AN OFFER, CHECK INBOX MANUALLY BECAUSE NOT UPDATE DIRECTLY & QUICKLY AFTER AN ACTION.

7. AFTER SAVING ANY IN-GAME INSTRUCTION, SUDDENLY AUTOMATIC ACTIVATED, SO I SHOULD MANUALLY DE-ACTIVATED.

8. SETTING PLAYERS TO YOUTH TEAM, NOW NOT AUTOMATICALY & DIRECTLY SEND TO YOUTH (LIKE IN OLD UI). AGAIN NEED TRICK TO BACK FROM SQUAD & CLUB TAB, MOVE TO ANY OTHER TAB & REPEAT GOING IN TO SQUAD VIEW AGAIN.

9. SETTING PLAYER STATUS TO BE TRANSFER LIST/LOAN LIST ALSO NOT DIRECTLY SHOW IN SQUAD VIEW. SAME TRICK LIKE NUMBER 8 TO SEE THE RIGHT THING.

10. IN-GAME INSTRUCTIONS NOT SYNC CORRECTLY IN SETTING SPECIFIC PLAYER INSTRUCTIONS BETWEEN IN OLD & NEW UI. WHICH PLAYER THAT READ BY PARAMETER IN THE SYSTEM, WAS IT IN OLD UI OR NEW UI? MY OPINION, OLD UI WAS CORRECT, SO I ALWAYS WORK WITH OLD UI TO SET PLAYER INSTRUCTIONS.

In an era where so sophisticated that it can all be in the "automation", but you actually create a new system that is MOSTLY DONE MANUALLY. This called BACKWARD or in harsh word called STUPIDITY.

Many users also complain about your slow respond. 1 thing that I notice why we always face slowly loading page & respond, because you use 2 or more layers in each page, very not efficient in web layout design. And maybe you also use many sub-procedures in your coding. I cannot imagine how about users that live at sub-urban or don't reach high speeds internet connection?

And your loading animation that showing your logo is identically with error. Me & my friends look that loading bar always worried what errors gonna happen next.

I already expose about all matters in this forum, with all my feedbacks. So, please read again & make it as important priority. This my feedback links, that some of them still happen until right now :

#371 (Posted December 10 '2015 - 07:24 PM) : http://goo.gl/xfVNhZ

#501 (Posted December 27 '2015 - 07:22 PM) : http://goo.gl/Ww5eN1

#620 (Posted February 24 '2016 - 03:44 AM) : http://goo.gl/gauYIV

#624 (Posted March 01 '2016 - 02:00 PM) : http://goo.gl/u38Ugn

I post feedback of function since December, BUT FOR MAJOR CONCERNS & PROBLEMS DON'T SEE MUCH IMPROVEMENTS OF IT. Unnecessary improvement always on highlight.

What we need the most is LIST VIEW, LIST VIEW & LIST VIEW in everything!! That CAN BE SORT BY CLUB, PRICE, RANGKING & STATUS (BID, LBD, ABD, BAN, NMF, TRL, LNL, OFR, etc), specifically in :

a. PLAYER SEARCH RESULT, SHOULD BE SORT by club, price, ranking, etc. "VERY STUPID" THING TO CHECK PLAYER ONE BY ONE TO KNOW IN A BID OR NOT. Status UNH for unhappy player also provide with different colours as showing the level.

b. MATCH DAY SQUAD : STARTING LINE-UP, SUBTITUTE & REST OF SQUAD THAT CAN BE SORT by RATING, POSITION & CONDITION. Also provide status (INJ, SUS, UNH, NMF, etc). The way in changing players in tactical formation. We know our player position & we don't need your position recommendation that CANNOT BE SORT. Old UI version were better for this section.

Fine if you still forcing us to use your favorite new UI, but make the function like Old UI that better, easier, lighter, faster & more stable. Then me & many of my friends were quit to be your gold member.

So dissapointing with very long timeline of your project & disturbing situation for more than a season (± ≥3 months), also for your unprofessional behaviour. Developing your new project was good, but disturbing our game like this? Very disrespectful attitude & manner to your loyal gold member. In our opinion, these was an example of "VERY LACK of Project Management in Planning & Handling".

Sorry to say all of this, but that's the fact from all things happen lately. We've runs out of our patience with continued hoping of the hope that is not endless and just kept waiting, waiting and waiting, BUT WITHOUT ANY CHANGES IN FUNCTIONS OF GAME.

A feedback about player concern issue.

I don't see any player concerns in small gws like a European championship. I'll give you an example here too. I'm in European championship 6 and there is this Bayern Munich which has a massively strong squad. They have average rating of 91. But that guy doesn't use lower rated players like Lallana. He hasn't player a single game since 5 seasons and don't have any concern. Same with Lukaku, 2 games in 9 seasons and still he doesn't have a concern. Even I myself doesn't give playing time to Melo and Sneijder in my 89 rated Inter Milan team. I've used them in only 1 sub appearances each in 3 seasons.

Now I know that Steven told that in a 20 teams gw, a player of average rating of that of the whole team will get concerns more easily of he is not playing for 20 games and is likely to leave at the end of the next season of the situation persists. But what about a less team gw? What's the system for players showing concerns in a gw with less than 12 teams?

As a result of players not showing concerns in these gws, big teams are hoarding players and they only get large wages which they go through after they sell the unused players for a relatively higher price to the lower teams like me. Lallana would easily fit in my team. And if Bayern faces any concern they'll seek me Lallana for a higher price and I'll have to but since I don't have so many high rated players and you know in these gws, keeping rises is of no use since you play 6-8 seasons in a small gw.

I think you should look at these smaller gws as they are very interesting if player hoarding and hogging reduces to a measurable point.

So, had to log in to SM this morning. NEVER have to log in. Surprise surprise, upon logging in I'm forced to the new interface.

I don't appear to have any option to switch back to the old one.

If it still exists, would some kind soul mind posting the link to it again? Having a job finding it on the forums at the moment.

Thanks

Edit: found it, page back (lol) and it still works

http://soccermanager.com/my-home.php?setinterface=1

Since the update the traffic to the site dropped A LOT according to alexa.com how long can they keep it up if it continues worries me.

Think ol Wave Dweller here hit the nail on the head with what he said.

With Admin actually saying there is a way to switch between old and new interface....... surely this is an admission that Soccer Manager users PREFER THE OLD INTERFACE! Let us please acknowledge this, move back to the old, improve on that one and move on.

It's sad, because it's always been a new improvement on the layout, or new colors added, when there's not that many people on the forum, asking for these things. 

Game Layout was fine. Game colors are cool. Just add some ability to be able to customize your home page with your club list. I think being able to put them in the order I want, would be cool. Also, on the small drop down tab, when I'm already in a club, and I want to switch to another, it should show the clubs that have new messages as well. I know making us go back to the home page and looking at our club list, gets the site more clicks or what not, but that's ridiculous in trying to please your customers. Also, add tick boxes next to player's names on any player's list, so that managers can easily send a bunch of players to their youth squad, or back up would be easy. Would also make shortlisting players easier, have a button for that, and another I've thought about, would be to add a bunch of players to the transfer list for a minimum fee, if you are just looking to sell a bunch. Could have that all over the site, to make everything so much easier.

Those 3 things added, would solve a lot of simple problems, that forumers have been asking for, for a long time.

Not a new layout.

It's funny, been playing SM for a long time, and all I can remember really, is being mad at SM, with everyone else, every time they change the layout. It's been probably like 4 times or so, I think. Can't remember any good things they've done. It's too overshadowing, and I believe, that is why many customers/managers have left.

Since the update the traffic to the site dropped A LOT according to alexa.com how long can they keep it up if it continues worries me.

Guess it could represent users migrating to the app?  :huh: If its not has to be concerning as covers the period the single player was brought in. 

Just a shame the game changes were not just applied to an optimized version of the old desktop format. 

In the New Interface, when I look at a player's contract on his profile page, and the Squad Page, when I pull up financials, can it show the whole contract please.

Plus, on the Old Interface, it has this problem, just in the Player's profile. Squad Page is good.

Don't know where that got lost from Old to New, on the Squad Page being rounded still, and not giving out the 100s places on the contract.

There's a bit of a loop hole with concerns now, a concerned player can be sold to an unmanaged club and then bought back a week later with his concerns gone, kind of defeats the purpose.

Your missing the major upside of this....

They are taking a massive risk by letting these players go to external in the first place, if other managers are tuned in they may well snap them up for half nothing!