Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i play soccermanager since 2006... i´ve been here for 2 days trying to play...  but...   it´s more complicated it´s slower it´s annoying  players in yellow it´s an unconnected new feature... ple

Yep. My league has been going since 2012 and Redsky (who you quoted) along with Trion who posted just below you have been with the league from the start. Redsky started in Division 2 and Trion started

Here's my SM story: Joined in Jan 2015, but only seriously started in April. I'm still in Brookfield PL, the first custom I joined.    I love this game. Helps me to keep on track with RL football a

Hello good people!

I'm just wondering out of interest how many people are still using the old interface? Because I still do.

I love the layout, the colours, the tactics page with shirt numbers on it. Everything about it is great. ​In fact, I deliberately use an old laptop now, to play Soccer Manager, purely because it has the old interface on it. My new Mac insists on the new interface, but because I despise it so much, I refuse to play it on there. 

I really hope I can continue to use the old interface as a paying customer. 

Hello good people!

I'm just wondering out of interest how many people are still using the old interface? Because I still do.

I love the layout, the colours, the tactics page with shirt numbers on it. Everything about it is great. ​In fact, I deliberately use an old laptop now, to play Soccer Manager, purely because it has the old interface on it. My new Mac insists on the new interface, but because I despise it so much, I refuse to play it on there. 

I really hope I can continue to use the old interface as a paying customer.

Been playing this game for a long long time now, have tried the new interface on desktop and abandoned it immediately...

I now either play using mobile (which is actually pretty good when you get through swing of it, still has a fair few bugs though) or the old interface on desktop...

That won't change

Any chance that news feed posts could be editable for correcting things, I agree deleting posts shouldn't be made available again as in standard game worlds there are often a lot of people that use the news feed to abuse managers & then delete the posts but editing them which could keep a record of the original posts but an updated edited version would be good.

When loading the squad page it says 'First Team' but shows the 'Full Team' so you must switch to something & then back again, has been like this for months any chance of sorting this out.

Is there a dark mode on the desktop version any more because its too bright, you cant read the defence positions in the squad tab, also why is there a need for the managers name when they post on the news feed to be massive and can the writing on the news feed and messages be increased to match the font size in the old UI and on the forum to make it easier to read.

The new new interface rolled out today appears to be an improvement on the old new interface aping, as it does, may of the old old interface's good looks and superior features.

That said, one glaring omission seems to be that there is now no way to view another teams transfer ins and outs.

Any chance of adding a positional progress chart for the tables section, weekly drop down menu's with the new results added & a kind of coloured line graph tracking clubs progress up & down the table, a little like the financial ones we currently have.

The process of bidding on a player seems to have really slowed down & takes ages now, also if going onto a player profile & exiting out it resets the squad & appears to refresh the page which can be frustrating.

i can't understand why the game had to do all these updates that not improving the sense of the game.

the only we have now is a bad copy that looks like Football Manager in the interface and is slow and confusing with many details missing from previous interface. if we want to play Football Manager we 'll install it. there is no reason to transform SM in FM.

the old interface still is by far the user friendly playable version.  for me there is no dilemma what to use.

Is it a glitch or an 'improvement' that players stats have now all been lumped in together? Speaking personally it's a rubbish idea. The only stats I need (or want) in the squad table are league ones. These are the ones that tell you how well a player is doing, week in week out, not what he is doing against lesser sides in the cup, or in Europe. The latter are important, as for younger players in particular it shows how much experience you have given them, or, if you buy them in, how much they have gained, but the idea of 'all in one' for the squad stats is a bad one.

Please reverse it, as this is just one more nail in the coffin for me. I'm sick of pointless, ill thought out changes that are destroying my enjoyment of the game.

Thanks

Is anyone from SMFA going to comment on the reason what player stats have been chucked in together? As an added bonus, it makes match selections harder. A player (with his combined totals) can look like he's on a roll, when in fact he's not scored a league goal in a month. So, you carry on picking them, they carry on not scoring, you drop points, and thanks to the other 'brilliant; changes to the match engine, that means you can forget challenging for the league.  

Utterly useless...

Again mobile..

1. BRING BACK DARK THEME!!!!!!!

2. Next and previous buttons STILL MISSING ON LOTS OF MENUS

3. Sort options (same as above, loads missing)

4. Any chance we could get 'view match details' on mobile so we don't have to go through 3 screens and some ads to get the result.... would be great.

5. Chat, put the part where you type back up the top as it's still blocking the last messages.... does anyone test these things?????

P.S. Is there any point in posting here? Don't mean that as a crude remark, meant as a genuine question, are these messages passed on to the developers?

Can someone please tell me how I go about getting the new players list on the new interface and by that i mean All the new players as i have a full list of all recent new players added but on the new one i have about 10 players. Or in the new UI do you not get to see previously added players just todays new players if so out of anything on the new ui i would really prefer that the old way.

the end of an era comes at 1st June, 2016.

as SM anounced «Our slick new design for the desktop that gives the game a modern feel will be rolled out to all managers from 1st June, 2016».

after 7 years in the game 1st june is the time for me to retiring not by desire but by forcing out from the SM. too sad. but that's the only option now.

this game isn't the same anymore.

just a bad copy of the football manager with still many bugs and still slower than before with multiple tabs for simple things that before we use to see with one tab. and now we have to click 2,3 or 4 tabs to see the same thing we used with one click before. and still many things missing.

BUT YES, now we have a COLOURFULL GAME that addressed to kids 8-15 years old that impressed from colourfull graphics with no sense in the game.

we had a simply user friendly, quick game that needs some details improvements to be close to perfection and now we have a colourfull game, more complicated without sense, that none of the missing details improved and extra existing options removed.

too sad SM forcing many managers out of the game just to use the new interface. but when something is bad, by force isn't going to be good.

i wish i hadn't buy gold management last year. practically i lose my money before the announce of the new interface. if i new the disaster will follow i had quit the game without paying. good luck to the managers will continue to this bad new game.

SM you cant be serious about forcing everyone onto the new interface! Why do they seem so hell bent on trying to drive away every last customer?

They are EXTREMELY serious, they have repeatedly said so on many occasions....

I've completely stopped using the desktop version and stuck with the mobile version. I've adapted to it now and even though it's not perfect it's use able...

It's the only way to continue to play the game....

Such a pity they won't listen to their customers. The big thing they are missing is that (ok SM last time I make this point) NOBODY WILL SIGN UP TO GO TO PLAY THIS NEW CRAPPIER VERSION OF THE INTERFACE SO IT'S HITTING YOU IN THE POCKET....

WAKE UP!

I've completely stopped using the desktop version and stuck with the mobile version. I've adapted to it now and even though it's not perfect it's use able...

Such a pity they won't listen to their customers. The big thing they are missing is that (ok SM last time I make this point) NOBODY WILL SIGN UP TO GOLD TO PLAY THIS NEW CRAPPIER VERSION OF THE INTERFACE SO IT'S HITTING YOU IN THE POCKET....

WAKE UP!

Such a pity they won't listen to their customers. The big thing they are missing is that (ok SM last time I make this point) NOBODY WILL SIGN UP TO GOLD TO PLAY THIS NEW CRAPPIER VERSION OF THE INTERFACE SO IT'S HITTING YOU IN THE POCKET....

WAKE UP!

There is no bigger stupidity than to insist on a wrong choice instead of admit the wrong choice and change it. if something is bad stays bad and forcing isn't the solution to persuade someone playing a bad game.

Can someone please tell me how I go about getting the new players list on the new interface and by that i mean All the new players as i have a full list of all recent new players added but on the new one i have about 10 players. Or in the new UI do you not get to see previously added players just todays new players if so out of anything on the new ui i would really prefer that the old way.

Not 100% sure but think I remember reading on here they changed it as some managers were upset the new players being displayed for so long. You now just see the players added that day.

For me makes no sense as now way easier to see a top young player added as before you had to sift through the rubbish. 

There is no bigger stupidity than to insist on a wrong choice instead of admit the wrong choice and change it. if something is bad stays bad and forcing isn't the solution to persuade someone playing a bad game.

Just seen the new blog about the great new shiny interface that is coming soon, with the help of sm community.

sm steve would make a great politician, the game he talks about doesn't resemble anything i have been playing over the years.

they really do talk a load of rubbish.

They really must believe in their 1980's amiga version of football manager for the under 12's.

For me the most important feature "Saved Tactics" is missing. It really is great time saver when you have 10+ clubs. I have a job and 2 babies and for me it's impossible to continue playing the game without this feature. I just renewed my gold membership a month ago. Now I regret it (unless the feature is added).

Ok I have the following suggestions if you can fix:

1. The inbox with the messages from the team should be on the left sidebar because no one is interested to read first the messages from other teams.

2. When you Add Club you should bring back the sort by option within the GW and team view because is not working right now.

3. Player changes option is a mess, in the old version you had the option to view which was their team, and also to sort out players based on their changes, saying this from all the players we put on shortlist, and I think that you can add this small piece into the mix by showing the number +/-1 that was the change, their team, and the option to sort players, because the cosmetic changes with their photos are not necessary.

4. Basically sorting is a must within the SQUAD tab

5. Club - Transfers just bring the sorting here too

6. View Match was a much better option when it popped out when you logged into your club because you could view the report right away. I would also suggest to have the old option of View Match Report when you want to view the results because making more than 2 clicks is annoying for visitors *talking from a developer point of view.

This is my insight up until now, if you have decided to roll out this new design to all managers I though to bring my opinion so you could make these minor changes for the managers.

All the best JM