Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i play soccermanager since 2006... i´ve been here for 2 days trying to play...  but...   it´s more complicated it´s slower it´s annoying  players in yellow it´s an unconnected new feature... ple

Yep. My league has been going since 2012 and Redsky (who you quoted) along with Trion who posted just below you have been with the league from the start. Redsky started in Division 2 and Trion started

Here's my SM story: Joined in Jan 2015, but only seriously started in April. I'm still in Brookfield PL, the first custom I joined.    I love this game. Helps me to keep on track with RL football a

Quick question...

When the new changes came in one of them was that every club had the same max bid... correct????

If so, it's not happening.......

Looks to me like the chairman value factor has been removed but the amount a club can offer is effected by how much money you have.

Surprised no message from a Dev to say either it's being rolled out we feel it's in good shape and we'll continue to update it or we'll be allowed to continue using the old version. The first part is pointless no-one wants the unfinished version especially when the don't even like it in the first place. 

I am for it When it's finished and polished  it's slower and things missing I wish were there from the current version but like the 2D engine it's not ready to release if i'm honest.   

Hey Guys, thanks for taking time to give us feedback. Just to keep you all in the loop we are currently working on a number of issues which have been flagged by yourselves which should hopefully be resolved today, all being well

1) The menu boxes are being shrunk along with the squad and tactics page. This should stop a lot of scrolling and display more info on the page.

2) Chat issues are being fixed

3) Speed issues still being worked on

4) Link to Soccer Wiki being added back in

5) Certain pages like club are going to be allowed to be opened in new tabs

6) Visiting squad will default to first team

7) Shortlist issues will be fixed

8) Custom game world rules being added as cant currently see them

9) Adding separation between starting XI and subs

10) Adding ability to share certain things like results, transfer etc back to news feed

11) 'Clear Squad' option being added to tactics 

12) Reviewing how video ads work when viewing a match report - e.g. for gold managers the number of these ads that they will see will be reduced

So hopefully as stated above these changes will be implemented in time for the weekend

Do one thing plz.... JUST ONE!

Bring back the dark theme on mobile

This becomes ridiculous!

Message after message from loyal SM players but

they can't turn up on forum at least.

Dont think they have any respect for users and because they can't answer people's very reasonable questions they decide to stay silent..

For me the biggest bugbear is the clunky & clumsy tactics page which doesn't even include the 'Saved Tactics' mode which I paid for in becoming a Gold Manager (do I now get a refund?). Why remove something that is so useful and time saving & then have the cheek to call the new interface SLICK! Just who are they fooling?

Does anybody actually think it's an improvement? If so please voice your approval and don't stay silent - I'm open to persuasion..

Dont think they have any respect for users and because they can't answer people's very reasonable questions they decide to stay silent..

For me the biggest bugbear is the clunky & clumsy tactics page which doesn't even include the 'Saved Tactics' mode which I paid for in becoming a Gold Manager (do I now get a refund?). Why remove something that is so useful and time saving & then have the cheek to call the new interface SLICK! Just who are they fooling?

Does anybody actually think it's an improvement? If so please voice your approval and don't stay silent - I'm open to persuasion..

I'm with you there on getting a refund. Paid for 2 years of GM Days, to play GC's, on the OLD UI. Not the NEW. Would have not paid for that, if I knew it was going to look like this. I asked nicely for a refund, but they said no. They even had the audacity to say to me, that I can switch back to the OLD UI for now, and play. Obviously, been playing on that since then, but, have not stepped foot in a League that is ran by SM. No GC's, and no Euro, English, World Championships, things like that, for that simple reason, that they won't give me a refund. Call me stubborn, or whatever, foolish to some, but when the company you pay money to for a product, out of nowhere, force you to use another one of their products, after I bought something else, just seems very foolish on their end, and just not nice.  

I like the game of SM, and am very loyal to it, and some clubs, but have very little respect for the men and women that try to run this company. They've showed none to me, so that is why I feel like I can't play in their leagues. Only Customs really. Been playing this game since 2007, when this game was brilliant, and simple. I know there are some that wish it was like that again.

Remember when GC's were such a Hot Commodity? You had to be on at the right time, to have a chance at getting a cool club. I would be calling my friends, yelling at them to get on, so they had a fighting chance at getting a decent club.

Good times. Where have they gone on here? The forum, and on the game? Everything's to easy. Just handed to you, or reserved for you. What's the fun in that?

Unfortunately SM have completely forgotten about the forums and don't really care about them any more (did they in the first place?). It used to be that you could google forum s and it would come up straight away, now it doesn't even come up on the first set of predicted searches.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but people need to start realising SM aren't going to listen to people on here even with threads like this, these forums were discarded a long time ago by SM.

They want to become probably somethink like football manager...

If this is true then they have made a big mistake. One of the joys of SM was its simple user friendly interface... In short they had a very good product (not perfect by any means, but highly addictive) but they seem determined to change it into something it's hard core users just don't want...

If we wanted FM we would go play FM

I'm still on the good old UI if this is still allowed then is there a problem? Certainly if they forced me onto a NEW interface then it would have to have absolutely everything the old one does or I'm gone like a lot of my friends who hated the "last one". I tried the "Last one" &it was absolute pants/ useless.

BUT is there a problem if were NOT forced away from the Old?

I used to play FM for years, than I found out about SM, about 5,6 years ago. After that I never installed SM again. All that excitement at wednesday and saturday evening waiting for results now is gone...scouting talents gone...they are just killing the game! To be honest I never even tried SM2016, its just not right. Players develop based on what? Simulation? I would rather play football manager again...