Steven

Soccer Manager Worlds New User Interface

Thought of something to add to the History of Clubs, that would be really cool.

I was just in my first Custom, bought in 2007. Been around for 21 seasons now, and it's about to start its 22nd. Was looking around the history of the league, more specifically, the history of my club, and who's managed the club, and the clubs trophies and what not. When I realized, that all these things done, were done by the players, which I have no idea, what the club looked like then, or who was even playing then, at the club, when they won that trophy.

I manage Liverpool in this league. Been the only manager of the club, this whole time. I can kind of remember, who started, like Carragher, and a few others. I even think I remember Dudek still on the team, when I first started it. But, there's no where for that to be found, and it kind of sucks.

So, what I was thinking, was, at the beginning of each season, there needs to be a squad pic, or a squad list made, of the player's names, age, rating, just a few simple things, to kind of throw a picture to it all.

I feel this could be simply added, somewhere in SM, and would make the experience of looking at the history, and seeing what happened back in the day, at clubs, pretty cool. I already find it pretty interesting, but, just kind of got a little pissed thinking about this. To see the transition of each, would be so cool, and I wish it had been going on already, from the beginning. You could see where Managed clubs, came in and bought a bunch of players, season by season, when it was unmanaged at a club, then see, when it has become managed, the transition of players in, and what this manager likes, and is trying to do.

Just something, I think, would be cool to see.

A Squad History, you could say.

Where has the goddamn chat gone? One of the main reasons people play this game...to interact. The PM system doesn't cut it. 

Apparently, this feature has been removed from the game as we about to introduce a new streamline message facility as per SM's twitter. Laughable.

I see dead people.....this game is dead, buried,

Disaster

Yes for many years a lot of us warned (Most of those good friends have gone from the game & forum).

SM Constant changes for the worse, many like me warned but were not listened to ..... pity but inevitable .... Bye :(

Where has the goddamn chat gone? One of the main reasons people play this game...to interact. The PM system doesn't cut it. 

Apparently, this feature has been removed from the game as we about to introduce a new streamline message facility as per SM's twitter. Laughable.

Well since I'm banned from Twitter...I guess I'll continue using PM's...haha... :mellow:

SM's management is ridiculous. The new investors ruined it a couple years ago.

Focused on the wrong things...

...the Single Player version, and focusing more on getting the app better than the desktop.

Desktop will always rule. It's a freaking computer, compared to your tiny screen on your phone, and it's a phone. Phone's drop, break, crack, lose battery, get updated every day, and does not run as a fast a desktops.

Such a joke.

this game ''development'' is a joke. tiring loading tabs, slowest game, game with many tabs without sense, and with none improvement in the details of the game. otherwise there are many usefull details missing from this game now. a worst game than before with colourfull fancy graphics that make none improvement to the game.

why someone would like to do this in a good game.

this is getting bored and tiring now. with so many bugs.

you made the Single game. why you should make the multiple game like the single game.

Annoyed and glad at the same time as I spend to much time on SM and when it comes to the GWs I am in quickly I will be on here less and less due to taking so long to do anything with the loading times. My GM ran out and there's absolutely noway I will be renewing unless either the game loading times are vastly reduced or it is confirmed we will always be allowed to use the old UI. I don't even play in custom or Gold setups really been in gc1 a few times but always renewed regardless but not now.

It would take a lot for me to pack up SM, it's highly addictive but I don't see how it can function without Chat.

Its simply not possible, I use chat to go back and forth about deals all the time. Without it I'd never get a deal done!

If this is true they have defo killed the game

Here's a couple quotes from Managers in one of the leagues I play in.

"30 days left on gold membership. doubt its worth renewing as ive cut down to 3 gameworlds. plus now we can have 5 games instead of the previous 3."

"I've got about 60 odd days myself I'm definitely not renewing not worth it and with the new ui I don't like it !"

Here's my SM story:

Joined in Jan 2015, but only seriously started in April. I'm still in Brookfield PL, the first custom I joined. 

I love this game. Helps me to keep on track with RL football and I love interacting/dealing with managers. Made some good friends in here. In December I had about 20 clubs in some great set-ups, but the new UI forced me to quit most of them. 

Now I have 11 set-ups. Two of which I will stay in no matter the state of the UI, and possibly 2-3 more I'd like to stay in, but the rest will likely go when the new UI is foisted on us. 

SM have ruined this game step-by-step. I don't like to criticise but the abrupt forum change was the first step...most of the regular posters left never to come back. The forum has been a shell of what it was then. So many quality managers then, I struggled to get into customs. Now, there are hardly any people left here. Real shame.

They were open to re-developing the game...supportive of that, but they ruined the interface..changed things abruptly...more managers left the game..some came back due to the addiction to the game, but that's about it..

Now 6 months later we wonder what will happen to the game..lack of response from SM, no interest in listening to the real community- on the forum. It's been a case of one step forward ten steps backward and it's a real shame how this game has gone to the dogs. 

Once the new UI is compulsory more managers will quit...then the children who love the new UI can have fun on this. 

No chat too, instead of fixing it they removed it altogether, ruins the whole social aspect of the game.

Nothing much to say really...moaning on the forum for last year has gone on deaf years, incredible how they're ruining their product. Have nothing against Steven but the staff are hardly on the forum either, it's a shame.

Nervetheless, good luck with the game. I'll still be on the forum but if the new UI is to stay I won't be using SM too much. I'm sure it's the same with most of you all here.

Here's my SM story:

Joined in Jan 2015, but only seriously started in April. I'm still in Brookfield PL, the first custom I joined. 

I love this game. Helps me to keep on track with RL football and I love interacting/dealing with managers. Made some good friends in here. In December I had about 20 clubs in some great set-ups, but the new UI forced me to quit most of them. 

Now I have 11 set-ups. Two of which I will stay in no matter the state of the UI, and possibly 2-3 more I'd like to stay in, but the rest will likely go when the new UI is foisted on us. 

SM have ruined this game step-by-step. I don't like to criticise but the abrupt forum change was the first step...most of the regular posters left never to come back. The forum has been a shell of what it was then. So many quality managers then, I struggled to get into customs. Now, there are hardly any people left here. Real shame.

They were open to re-developing the game...supportive of that, but they ruined the interface..changed things abruptly...more managers left the game..some came back due to the addiction to the game, but that's about it..

Now 6 months later we wonder what will happen to the game..lack of response from SM, no interest in listening to the real community- on the forum. It's been a case of one step forward ten steps backward and it's a real shame how this game has gone to the dogs. 

Once the new UI is compulsory more managers will quit...then the children who love the new UI can have fun on this. 

No chat too, instead of fixing it they removed it altogether, ruins the whole social aspect of the game.

Nothing much to say really...moaning on the forum for last year has gone on deaf years, incredible how they're ruining their product. Have nothing against Steven but the staff are hardly on the forum either, it's a shame.

Nervetheless, good luck with the game. I'll still be on the forum but if the new UI is to stay I won't be using SM too much. I'm sure it's the same with most of you all here.

Spot on, just been doing all of this since 2007, riding the ups and downs of SM.

Just wish they were on the up...

Holy Words, my dear.

I started playing SM in late 2006. It was brilliant, thus why I played for a good 6 years. The game, the forum & the chat room made it so enjoyable. I was even a moderator for a few years. Back then, they never really listened to suggestions or complaints either though. I left due to not having the time to play.

I came back two years ago to have a look around. The forum was still quite active but most of the people that made it great had left. The game was still decent though.

Now, I've come back & im having to learn how to use the site all over again, having not been here while they were changing it in recent years. I'll be honest, it's really dead in most GW's but I'm interested in learning the game again. I'd even say it would be enjoyable for new players just finding the game. I'd love some of the old crowd to get back into it but I can't see it happening.